Author Topic: Radiohead  (Read 80847 times)

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:16 am »
Another brilliant performance at Reading this weekend. Highlight of the weekend by a long, long way for me.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2009, 12:17:52 pm »
I like Thom's Eraser songs too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1nFB-R-_gI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1nFB-R-_gI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

agreed. great album that mate. thom is a genius.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2009, 12:53:11 pm »
Another brilliant performance at Reading this weekend. Highlight of the weekend by a long, long way for me.

Saw them for the first time at Leeds and they were damn good. I loved the light show, it all went a bit mental on just.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:53 pm »
Saw them for the first time at Leeds and they were damn good. I loved the light show, it all went a bit mental on just.

I thought they'd hung a massive set of wind chimes on the stage when I first got into the arena on Sunday. The whole show was, and usually is, bloody amazing.

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2009, 09:16:57 am »
Hopelessly in love with Radiohead, wasn't a big fan of Hail to the Thief however, OK Computer and Kid A were probably two of the greatest albums ever made.
Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2009, 12:24:51 pm »
They're booked to turn off Blackpool lights this year.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »
They're booked to turn off Blackpool lights this year.

When is that?
Anyhow, as much as I love Radiohead I'm not stepping foot in Blackpool to see them OR anyone else.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »
:lmao

Read it again. It's an old joke. :wave

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2009, 07:23:57 pm »
When is that?
Anyhow, as much as I love Radiohead I'm not stepping foot in Blackpool to see them OR anyone else.
:duh :boxhead

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:18 pm »
Is it possible to become even more impressed with this band?

Radiohead benefit gig raises Ł350,000 for Haiti
No cameras, no covers, no Bono. It's not surprising that the Oxford rock boffins' charity concert raised so much for Haiti.

Radiohead raised more than Ł350,000 for Haiti relief on Sunday, playing a benefit concert in Los Angeles. The one-off gig, which didn't include any television cameras, Leonard Cohen covers or cameos by Bono, marked the band's first performance since last year's Reading festival.

The Oxford band are "in the middle of recording" their eighth studio album, they said on their website, and only announced the charity concert on Friday – about 50 hours before hitting the stage. Tickets were sold in an online auction, fetching between $475 (Ł293) and $2,000 (Ł1,230) each, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"You'll be catching us on the fly," drummer Phil Selway said, "but if you're up for it, then we are too." Before 1,300 people, including singer Justin Timberlake, director Paul Thomas Anderson and actors Drew Barrymore and Jessica Biel, Radiohead ran through a dozen hits, two encores and one new song – Lotus Flower, previously performed at a Thom Yorke solo gig. "What did you do to get a ticket?" Yorke joked with the audience. "Get money from your dad? Or blackmail your boss?"

Later that night, the frontman was handed a piece of card. "This is how much money we made," he told the audience. "Gross: Fuck me! $572,774!" Proceeds will be donated to Oxfam.

Radiohead's Hollywood performance is part of an ongoing Oxfam fundraiser, including auctions for items donated by Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and others. Generous fans have until 2 February to bid for such glittering prizes as a custom-written song by Blur's Damon Albarn.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jan/26/radiohead-benefit-gig-haiti

None of this 'Look at me! Look at me!' stuff that was obvious on the MTV concert last week.

Their collective bullshit-ometer is absolutely flawless
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »
Is it possible to become even more impressed with this band?

Radiohead benefit gig raises Ł350,000 for Haiti
No cameras, no covers, no Bono. It's not surprising that the Oxford rock boffins' charity concert raised so much for Haiti.

Radiohead raised more than Ł350,000 for Haiti relief on Sunday, playing a benefit concert in Los Angeles. The one-off gig, which didn't include any television cameras, Leonard Cohen covers or cameos by Bono, marked the band's first performance since last year's Reading festival.

The Oxford band are "in the middle of recording" their eighth studio album, they said on their website, and only announced the charity concert on Friday – about 50 hours before hitting the stage. Tickets were sold in an online auction, fetching between $475 (Ł293) and $2,000 (Ł1,230) each, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"You'll be catching us on the fly," drummer Phil Selway said, "but if you're up for it, then we are too." Before 1,300 people, including singer Justin Timberlake, director Paul Thomas Anderson and actors Drew Barrymore and Jessica Biel, Radiohead ran through a dozen hits, two encores and one new song – Lotus Flower, previously performed at a Thom Yorke solo gig. "What did you do to get a ticket?" Yorke joked with the audience. "Get money from your dad? Or blackmail your boss?"

Later that night, the frontman was handed a piece of card. "This is how much money we made," he told the audience. "Gross: Fuck me! $572,774!" Proceeds will be donated to Oxfam.

Radiohead's Hollywood performance is part of an ongoing Oxfam fundraiser, including auctions for items donated by Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and others. Generous fans have until 2 February to bid for such glittering prizes as a custom-written song by Blur's Damon Albarn.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jan/26/radiohead-benefit-gig-haiti

None of this 'Look at me! Look at me!' stuff that was obvious on the MTV concert last week.

Their collective bullshit-ometer is absolutely flawless

I love them to pieces.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2010, 08:35:29 pm »
I love them to pieces.

Yeah!!... Ł350,000...phew! and so like, cool with it...unlike those wankers who raise millions with their tacky  celebraty status...but hey! Whatever makes you happy.. Whatever you want ...they're  so fuckin' special ..... I wish I was special

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »
Missed Thom Yorke v Gilles Peterson last week on BBC radio 1 . Playing stuff on from Thoms Itunes ,V good Show
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2010, 11:38:02 am »
The Haiti benefit concert is on Dimeadozen now

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »

Chuckles at Glasto yesterday. Apparently their next effort will be a cover of Money For Nothing.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:26 pm »

Chuckles at Glasto yesterday. Apparently their next effort will be a cover of Money For Nothing.

Mwahaha, a secret gig that was actually kept relatively quiet. Strange band.

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #176 on: July 3, 2010, 02:51:29 pm »
Preview track from Phil's solo album available to listen and download at http://www.philipselway.com/music.html

Actually pretty decent, may have to put away the pre-prepared drummer jokes!

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2010, 04:14:12 am »
Can't wait for the new album, heard it'll be out around October!!
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2010, 07:23:36 am »
Can't wait for the new album, heard it'll be out around October!!
That early? fucking get in.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2010, 02:36:07 am »
That early? fucking get in.

That's what Ed said. It's finishing up being recorded as we speak.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #180 on: September 5, 2010, 12:39:52 am »
great
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #181 on: September 5, 2010, 02:41:39 am »
New Philip Selway album absolutely owns! Get in it guys. You won't be disappointed!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:27 am »
New album to be released on download this week:

The King of Limbs can be pre-ordered now and downloaded on Saturday 19th February 2011.
Ł6 MP3, Ł9 WAV, from their website.

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/DIGBP.htm
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:22 am »
YEEEEEES!!

I went for the Vinyl, CD and WAV version.... think I got carried away with the excitement.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2011, 11:31:18 am »
HOLY SHIT!!!

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2011, 12:18:48 pm »
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2011, 02:04:06 pm »
Fucking amazing news!!!!

Get in!!! Can't wait. Summer live dates perhaps?
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2011, 03:18:20 pm »
 :shocked

just got a major shiver down my spine reading that. FUCK, so excited about this.....

kept meaning to check their website for when the album was expected, but never remembered to, so this is a complete surprise.

:D

got the discbox last time even though i don't have a vinyl player, but will probably do the same again  ;D

if it's half as good as in rainbows......

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2011, 03:25:07 pm »
if it's half as good as in rainbows......

It'll still be supremely overrated!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »
I can't wait for their new album,one of my fav bands of all time.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »
Yes!

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2011, 04:55:30 pm »
It'll still be supremely overrated!

Oh fuck off, just cause you have no taste doesn't mean you get to decide what's overrated and what isn't.  ;D
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:38 pm »
ordered the vinyl and mp3,  can't wait, happy valentines day radiohead fans :)

YES
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »
Amazing news. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for a tour.

Lotus flower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6cK2toUTN8

Supposed to be on new album.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »
Has anyone listened to the  '0110' playlist ?  Apparently if you mix tracks from OK Computer and In rainbows in a certain order you get some sort of mega album.  The albums were released ten years apart, the frightening thing is that this playlist is supposed to be intentional, which means that Radiohead are planning things ten years ahead which is a bit of a mind fuck.

http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »
Has anyone listened to the  '0110' playlist ?  Apparently if you mix tracks from OK Computer and In rainbows in a certain order you get some sort of mega album.  The albums were released ten years apart, the frightening thing is that this playlist is supposed to be intentional, which means that Radiohead are planning things ten years ahead which is a bit of a mind fuck.

It's a load of rubbish. It almost works because 1) Radiohead songs have a lot of slow endings and slow beginnings, and 2) you have to do a 10 second overlap between each song which because of the slow endings and beginnings make them seem to 'flow' better.

And even when it does 'work', it still doesn't sound that special.

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2011, 09:56:48 pm »

That article is absolute madness somebody has way to much time on their hands! For what it's worth though 'Nude' is an old track from the OK Computer sessions (there is a live clip of it from the OKC tour in Meeting People is Easy) and I think that Thom Yorke has said that there are quite alot of similarities to the way they approached the two albums so they probably mix together better than if you put songs from the Bends alongside songs from Kid A. Very much doubt there is much more in it than that.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:57 pm »
For those so inclined, Stanley Downwood, the artist who has done every piece of Radiohead/Thom Yorke artwork since the Bends (I think - at least since OK Computer), as well as the poetry in Scotch Mist, and all that other lovely goodness (and for me is the 6th/7th member of Radiohead (if you also count in Nigel Goodrich)) has an exhibition on Greek St, London from this Friday until March 12th.

I'm going.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:46:26 am by Bennyo »

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2011, 08:40:32 am »

I'm going.

I would love to see it, but won't be in London. I'll have to make do with the selection of his original artwork that adorn the walls of my house  8)

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:05 am »
I intended to get the digital download only but for some reason went for the full shebang.