Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4151117 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #63440 on: June 12, 2020, 09:54:12 am »
So the next SRL is calling out Canelo Alvarez. Say's he want's him at Middleweight.  ;D
Took me a second to figure out who you were on about  :D I'd like to see that fight. I think baby SRL could make it hot for a few rounds with Canelo taking over down the stretch and getting a UD.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63441 on: June 12, 2020, 12:13:43 pm »
Let's hope the fight is in the UK.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63442 on: June 12, 2020, 01:25:20 pm »
Let's hope the fight is in the UK.

fury gave up his uk license I think over that drug test thing so it’s not happening here, if it does

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63443 on: June 12, 2020, 02:22:13 pm »
I think Hearn said they will try to get one of the fight's in the UK but it's unlikely. Also Saudi is offering mega money and Vegas is in the mix along with Macau.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63444 on: June 12, 2020, 02:23:03 pm »
Took me a second to figure out who you were on about  :D I'd like to see that fight. I think baby SRL could make it hot for a few rounds with Canelo taking over down the stretch and getting a UD.

HOW DARE YOU! The second coming of SRL should be an instant recognition in the puny brain of yours.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63445 on: June 12, 2020, 02:38:21 pm »
I think Hearn said they will try to get one of the fight's in the UK but it's unlikely. Also Saudi is offering mega money and Vegas is in the mix along with Macau.

Hearn won't.. he will follow he money. Always has and always will.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63446 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:00 pm »
Hearn won't.. he will follow he money. Always has and always will.

While you are right, I think the reason it won't happen in the UK is more likely to come from the Fury side.  Partly because Bob Arum will be in charge of it, and partly because of Fury's issue with PEDs and the BBBofC.

I think you can fight in the UK under a license from any of the EBU countries though so maybe they can get round it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63447 on: June 12, 2020, 03:40:01 pm »
Good old Luxembourg boxing committee mate.  They'd probably hand you and me a license to fight, not sure about Fordy though.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63448 on: June 12, 2020, 04:19:11 pm »
Hope Joshua smashes Fury into the middle of 2021.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63449 on: June 12, 2020, 04:47:04 pm »
Hope Joshua smashes Fury into the middle of 2021.

It will already be the middle of 2021 ;D

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63450 on: June 12, 2020, 05:36:21 pm »
https://youtu.be/yDHz9ONx2A0

Rewatching hatton vs manyweather. The way joe cortez reffed this was bizarre. He must have been paid to stop anything inside by mayweathers team.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63451 on: June 12, 2020, 05:42:08 pm »
Aye, Cortez would break it up if Ricky got within a foot of Floyd.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63452 on: June 12, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »
Billy Graham tried to play games at the ref meeting and it backfired. Should have kept his mouth shut.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:15:55 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #63453 on: June 13, 2020, 10:13:40 am »
I think there's a bit of a myth around Fury.  Mainly because there was an even bigger myth around Wilder though to be fair.  Joshua's CV is slightly better IMO.

I'm really looking forward to it, even though it will be an absolute stinker of a fight.  I also don't think there will be a KO, so the cynic in me thinks there's going to be a dodgy decision to setup the rematch.
I favour Fury 60/40 mainly due to styles. However, I can see Joshua landing a nice combination and having Fury in big trouble at some stage. He is a much better boxer than Wilder, who spent his career relying on his power. Fury is a good boxer who had a plan, and Wilder capitulated in the face of it. Joshua's defeat to Ruiz may actually help him in this fight.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63454 on: June 13, 2020, 11:43:11 am »
Good old Luxembourg boxing committee mate.  They'd probably hand you and me a license to fight, not sure about Fordy though.  ;D

;D No they would take one look at me and say no chance, too big  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63455 on: June 13, 2020, 03:35:15 pm »
I favour Fury 60/40 mainly due to styles. However, I can see Joshua landing a nice combination and having Fury in big trouble at some stage. He is a much better boxer than Wilder, who spent his career relying on his power. Fury is a good boxer who had a plan, and Wilder capitulated in the face of it. Joshua's defeat to Ruiz may actually help him in this fight.

Yeah I think 60/40 is about right. Joshua if he wants can basically fight like a younger Wlad, who probably would have beaten Fury, so he's definitely got a chance if the fight works out that way. And Joshua wins in the unlikely event it turns into a gunfight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63456 on: June 13, 2020, 03:38:06 pm »
Me too lads. 60/40 in favour of Fury winning it.

But as has been said many times AJ is a much better boxer than Wilder and is one of the best finishers in the business when he get's the opportunity to take someone out.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63457 on: June 13, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »
Has anything actually been signed for the fights? Until there is nothing signed sealed and delivered I’m not so confident it will go ahead. Also, where does this leave Whyte? He seems to have been the mandatory since the beginning of time.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63458 on: June 13, 2020, 03:51:53 pm »
Nothing signed yet. Only thing we know officially is:

Agreement between both fighters on TWO fights.

50/50 purse split on the first fight and 60/40 for the winner in the rematch.

Unlikely the fights are in the UK for various reasons, mainly the money being offered by Saudi and Macau etc.

Whyte might get made a WBC Champion anyway mate. As Fury is likely to become a "Franchise Champion".  Which is basically their version of WBA's Super and Regular Champions.  ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63459 on: June 13, 2020, 06:56:16 pm »
Thanks Samie lad. Soon enough there’ll be belts for everyone :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #63460 on: June 13, 2020, 09:05:10 pm »
https://youtu.be/yDHz9ONx2A0

Rewatching hatton vs manyweather. The way joe cortez reffed this was bizarre. He must have been paid to stop anything inside by mayweathers team.

Was over there for that, can remember screaming for Cortez to let Hatton work on the inside the busybody fucker

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #63461 on: June 15, 2020, 12:14:58 am »
Was over there for that, can remember screaming for Cortez to let Hatton work on the inside the busybody fucker
Yep remember the same was getting very wound up about Cortez stopping it every time, it felt dodgy or just rank bad refereeing at best
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63462 on: June 16, 2020, 12:53:41 am »
Bob Arum has suggested that Dillian Whyte and Oleksandr Usyk fight each other next year to solidify one genuine contender for the Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua winner.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63463 on: June 16, 2020, 08:01:20 am »
Wouldn't go for that if I were Whyte!

He should have taken the Joshua fight when he had the chance.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63464 on: June 16, 2020, 09:23:51 am »

Don't see how that benefits Whyte plus I can't see AJ or Fury not going into a second rematch straight away.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63465 on: June 16, 2020, 10:02:45 am »
Usyk should be got at NOW. The longer he's at Heavyweight the better he will get.  Only thing we need to know is if he can take a proper Heavyweight's punch.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63466 on: June 17, 2020, 05:21:31 pm »
Dillian Whyte is taking legal action against WBC according to Mauricio Sulaiman on the back of the Joshua/Fury announcements.  He's screwed himself out of anything if he goes through with this. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63467 on: June 17, 2020, 05:37:27 pm »
Dillian Whyte has been completely screwed over how long has he been a mandatory ?

I think he should have got the shot at Wilder but he made the big mistake of thinking Fury would be a walkover.

Cant wait for boxing to return if honest.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63468 on: June 17, 2020, 05:39:03 pm »
Since 2017 he's been the WBC mandatory.  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #63469 on: June 17, 2020, 07:02:28 pm »

He wants to lay off the funny fags.

This situation is a mess, Fury with the Wilder rematch and then the mandatory with Whyte. AJ with mandatory defences against Pulev & Usyk. At best I can see each of them fighting 3 times each between now and the end of 2021.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63470 on: June 17, 2020, 10:36:37 pm »
I predict Fury will be elevated to WBC 'franchise' status and Dillian fights for the regular belt, not that it will satisfy him though. What a farce WBC are.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63471 on: June 18, 2020, 11:47:31 am »
Usyk is now co promoted and is involved with Hearn. I can see the Whyte v Usyk fight being made quite easily.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63472 on: June 18, 2020, 08:37:20 pm »
In film boxing news another biopic finally in the works. Mike Tyson biopic with Jamie Foxx is on the cards.  It was meant to happen in 2014 but that one got cancelled.  :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #63473 on: June 20, 2020, 10:53:27 am »
Usyk is now co promoted and is involved with Hearn. I can see the Whyte v Usyk fight being made quite easily.

I think AJ will be stripped of the WBO belt & Fury will end up as Franchise Champion. If not, I don't see them fighting twice in 2021.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:18:38 am by Alf »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63474 on: June 24, 2020, 11:05:46 am »
Should never of linked up in the first place.

Report: Tyson Fury parts ways with Daniel Kinahan

Heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has cut ties with Daniel Kinahan, according to reports in a British newspaper this morning.

The Telegraph is reporting that Fury has made the move just weeks after Kinahan was credited by the British boxer with having a key role in brokering a two-fight deal with Anthony Joshua.

Kinahan was working alongside the two-time world heavyweight champion as an advisor but promoter Bob Arum told the British newspaper that they were no longer working together.

Fury beat Deontay Wilder in February to claim the WBC heavyweight title and another bout against Wilder, as well as the fight against Joshua are on the cards for 2021 - with Kinahan initially expected to play a big role in organising the fights.

Earlier this month, the Taoiseach said he believed it would be appropriate for media and sports organisations to have nothing to do with the upcoming fight as Kinahan was named in the High Court as being a senior figure in an international drugs gang.

"It’s not a decision for me, but I think it would be entirely appropriate for sporting organisations and media organisations to have nothing to do with this," Leo Varadkar said at the time.

"Maybe they don’t know the facts or they don’t know the truth. But they need to know them, and I wouldn’t like to see them giving it any attention at all given the circumstances."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/report-tyson-fury-parts-ways-with-daniel-kinahan-1007092.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63475 on: June 24, 2020, 11:54:59 am »
Every time you see the word 'advisor' in boxing, it means something moody is going on.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63476 on: June 24, 2020, 01:07:47 pm »
LOl he hasn't really, just saying he's cut ties so he doesn't get any hassle.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63477 on: June 24, 2020, 01:58:45 pm »
Exactly, only a sucker would believe that story. Which is why I still hope Joshua knocks Fury cold.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63478 on: June 24, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »
LOl he hasn't really, just saying he's cut ties so he doesn't get any hassle.  ;D

This. Kinahan has been working behind the scenes in boxing for years, everyone in boxing knows about it. The walking bag of Lemo, Kalle Saurland touched on it in a recent IFL interview. Said that everyone in boxing knows about Kinahan's behind the scenes involvement.

Fury stupidly came out and credited him with sorting the deal which dragged his name out in to the spotlight and brought a whole load of grief for Fury. His PR team are all over this, no way these two have parted company, its just PR damage control.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #63479 on: June 25, 2020, 11:43:27 am »
Joyce and Dubois moved. Look forward to that one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/53176024