Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 329370 times)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #4040 on: March 26, 2021, 09:37:59 am »
He runs so fast that he can time travel. It's one of his main powers.

Ares was the one who axed him. The David Thewlis character from Wonder Woman.

Which didn't make any sense to me... first intro of your big bad and he gets maimed by a guy we've seen Wonder Woman beat singlehandedly in a previous film. Think it sums up Snyder though - he wants the cool visuals and the WTF moments, which he can do very well it has to be said, but doesn't have any storytelling nuance or patience to build up to them.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: March 26, 2021, 10:08:04 am »
It's was Darkseid pre-Darkseid, basically just a strong dude with a stick.  He didn't have his Omega beams and what not at that point.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: March 26, 2021, 12:32:44 pm »
Which didn't make any sense to me... first intro of your big bad and he gets maimed by a guy we've seen Wonder Woman beat singlehandedly in a previous film. Think it sums up Snyder though - he wants the cool visuals and the WTF moments, which he can do very well it has to be said, but doesn't have any storytelling nuance or patience to build up to them.
To be fair I think a lot of superhero films underpower and overpower to suit the situation. The MCU have Thor, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange and none of them could beat Thanos.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: March 26, 2021, 12:58:47 pm »
It's was Darkseid pre-Darkseid, basically just a strong dude with a stick.  He didn't have his Omega beams and what not at that point.

Is he also forgetful as if I'd found some cool maths thing and then got an axe in my shoulder I'd probably remember where it happened.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: March 26, 2021, 02:16:35 pm »
Baffling how Darkseid forgot which planet had Antilife, you think he'd know the planet that defeated him.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4045 on: March 26, 2021, 02:41:55 pm »
Apparently if they sped up all the slow-mo sections to normal time then the Snyder cut would be shorter than the original

What if they sped up all the slow-mo sections of the original?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4046 on: March 26, 2021, 05:34:48 pm »
Suicide Squad trailer looks pretty entertaining
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4047 on: March 26, 2021, 06:16:05 pm »
Suicide Squad trailer looks pretty entertaining

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: March 26, 2021, 06:48:32 pm »
It looks fun but the dicks joke was shite.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: March 26, 2021, 06:54:29 pm »
It looks good, Very Gunnesque.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4050 on: March 26, 2021, 10:04:24 pm »
King Shark is going to be great.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: March 27, 2021, 12:03:28 am »
I’ve only just watched the original Suicide Squad film. Complete waste of time!

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4052 on: March 27, 2021, 12:05:12 pm »
People going mad for the new Suicide Squad trailer on social media.

I thought it looked a little bit shit
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: March 27, 2021, 02:12:51 pm »
After watching ZSJL I've actually gone back to watch the few DC films I'd not seen. Enjoyed Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman 1984 (though not as good as the original).

I'd enjoyed the Harley Quinn animated series which is absolutely hilarious at times as well. Got the 2nd season of that to watch now.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4054 on: March 27, 2021, 02:54:05 pm »

Yup, think it looks terrible

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: March 27, 2021, 03:42:26 pm »
I'm a big fan of the way that Suicide Squad (2016) was so poorly received, that they've decided to just full on reboot it 5 years later at the first possible opportunity.

Trailer looks decent, but then again, the trailer for the 2016 movie looked decent too, so we'll see if Gunn can actually make something out of this IP. I hope it doesn't just become a BTEC Guardians of the Galaxy

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: March 31, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »
I don't know mate, I never saw suicide squad. All I can say it seems to be a consistent problem with the DCU rather than the MCU.  There's nothing wrong with extended cuts or director's cuts, but you gotta tell the nuts and bolts of the story within the cinematic cut - without leaving gaping holes.

If that's a studio issue, then yes, definitely, they need to take a look at it. But directors need to be working within reasonable constraints.  This isn't Lord of the Rings.

Weren't the claims that the reshoots were related to GotG or adding humour to the movie debunked at the time by the director himself?

In any case, many big movies have reshoots fairly late in the process when a director sees the edit has evolved slightly from what they originally shot, it only gets used as an indication of problems when movies still don't turn out right and gets overlooked when movies turn out fine.

One simple issue for the DC movies to fix would be realising that they are allowed a full range of colours and moods for their characters and not everything needs to be Batman, a lack of contrast diminishes all the characters including him.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1376937153742036992

New quote from Ayer confirming that WB stepped in and messed with Suicide Squad to try to copy Marvel (Deadpool though, not GotG like I thought), just like they meddled with Justice League.

I'm hoping the success of Joker and the decent reception for the JL re-release results in them leaving the creatives alone to make what they want to make, if The Batman ends up going through similar problems I think I'll be done with DC.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: March 31, 2021, 09:46:49 pm »

Not watched it yet.

I'm one of the weirdos that enjoyed the 1st film.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: March 31, 2021, 11:07:11 pm »
I'm hoping the success of Joker and the decent reception for the JL re-release results in them leaving the creatives alone to make what they want to make, if The Batman ends up going through similar problems I think I'll be done with DC.

There's nothing wrong with the studio having a say in their own movies, the problem is their timing, they should set their requirements for a movie before shooting starts rather than interfering afterwards.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: March 31, 2021, 11:11:07 pm »
There's nothing wrong with the studio having a say in their own movies, the problem is their timing, they should set their requirements for a movie before shooting starts rather than interfering afterwards.

Yeah absolutely, nothing wrong with going for a Deadpool-esque movie off the back of its success, but trying to hack an almost complete movie apart to force it into something it's not just ruins it for everyone. That's not to say necessarily that Suicide Squad would've been a good movie without interference, but changing direction late in the game rarely works out.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4060 on: March 31, 2021, 11:18:33 pm »
Has there ever been a film that was better after a studio interfered with its making?

Maybe that would male a good new topic I can only think of them making films worse like Bladerunner
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: April 6, 2021, 04:26:54 pm »
Just watched the Snyder JL and oh my what an absolute master piece. I don’t think that as a sole movie would have worked at the time as I think you need other films to introduce the other heroes but my oh my what a film. Absolutely trumps the other version and if you could imagine that version of DC universe being in play... wow

Would love for them to continue it but alas it seems very unlikely.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: April 6, 2021, 05:41:45 pm »
Just watched the Snyder JL and oh my what an absolute master piece. I don’t think that as a sole movie would have worked at the time as I think you need other films to introduce the other heroes but my oh my what a film. Absolutely trumps the other version and if you could imagine that version of DC universe being in play... wow

Would love for them to continue it but alas it seems very unlikely.

Looking at this version, you can see where they could easily have removed a good 20 minutes here and there (was a scene with Alfred mansplaining the art of tea making to an immortal Amazonian princess really necessary?), but I'm glad WB and Snyder both said "fuck it!" and used as much material as was available.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: May 19, 2021, 07:07:25 pm »
Really like the look of The Riddler in The Batman. Zodiac Killer vibes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4064 on: July 10, 2021, 01:45:36 am »
Anyone watching Superman and Lois?

I was a massive fan of Smallville growing up, and just got watching this recently and really reminds me of it... which means I instantly love it.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4065 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:46 pm »
Early reactions to The Suicide Squad are very, very positive
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: August 2, 2021, 12:29:09 am »
I went to see The Suicide Squad tonight and it's really really good, a huge improvement on the last one. There's a lot of well done comedic gore, everyone feels like they have a part to play. Also they are NOT afraid to live up to the name of the movie.

The final antagonist is also nightmare fuel, and they make a point to show you how horrific this thing is for a sustained amount of time

All in all very good

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: August 2, 2021, 06:44:50 am »
Looking forward to giving the new one a watch as the original was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

Does John Cena’s character deserve his own spin off tv show?

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: August 2, 2021, 09:00:01 am »
i preferred the first Suicide Squad personally. Film was good, first 20 minutes very funny and enjoyable. After that it turned into a weird Deadpool x Kingsman love child

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: August 2, 2021, 09:07:53 am »
The first Suicide Squad is borderline unwatchable.  This one (for me) is better in nearly all aspects.  I think they pretty much just did a 'Find and Replace' in the script for Deadshot to be changed to Bloodsport but I think Elba suits the role better anyway.

Spoiler
Kinda gutted they killed Captain Boomerang. It was the one role that I actually liked Jai Courtney in.  Also expected Weasel's head to blow up in the post-credits.
[close]

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: August 2, 2021, 09:19:02 am »
Looking forward to giving the new one a watch as the original was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

Does John Cena’s character deserve his own spin off tv show?

John Cena's character is really really good and Cena plays the role extremely well, I don't know if a TV show will work. Peacemaker is so unrelatable as a character that it serves for good comedy but I don't know if he can be the lead

Having said that the role is fun enough and played well enough that it definitely could be worth a watch

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: August 2, 2021, 09:23:13 am »
The first Suicide Squad is borderline unwatchable.  This one (for me) is better in nearly all aspects.  I think they pretty much just did a 'Find and Replace' in the script for Deadshot to be changed to Bloodsport but I think Elba suits the role better anyway.

Spoiler
Kinda gutted they killed Captain Boomerang. It was the one role that I actually liked Jai Courtney in.  Also expected Weasel's head to blow up in the post-credits.
[close]

Spoiler
The only bit I feel different is that they go out of their way to make bloodsport more of a bad guy than Deadshot. He has a good heart of course but he is messed up, is a terrible father who doesn't want his kid, and takes glee in killing people in a contest. The daughter stuff within the first 5 minutes really feels like a middle finger to the writing of Deadshot, who in the first movie was an overly good father for what was supposed to be a merciless assassin
[close]

Also is it just me or did Harley now have the Jersey accent she usually has. I'm general I thought they did Harley a lot better, even though she isn't nearly as important as in the original (where it was essentially Harley and her Suicide Squad)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2021, 09:25:46 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: August 2, 2021, 02:26:37 pm »
Spoiler
The only bit I feel different is that they go out of their way to make bloodsport more of a bad guy than Deadshot. He has a good heart of course but he is messed up, is a terrible father who doesn't want his kid, and takes glee in killing people in a contest. The daughter stuff within the first 5 minutes really feels like a middle finger to the writing of Deadshot, who in the first movie was an overly good father for what was supposed to be a merciless assassin
[close]

Also is it just me or did Harley now have the Jersey accent she usually has. I'm general I thought they did Harley a lot better, even though she isn't nearly as important as in the original (where it was essentially Harley and her Suicide Squad)

I think she has carried both films hence why the first in my eyes was better, more Harley.

Spoiler
It just still feels lost to me, the story line was nearly the same. Go behind enemy lines, against a villain that is turning humans into its own army, that keeps growing with power the longer the movie goes, to rescue 'something' which turns out to be a bit of a plot twist.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: August 2, 2021, 03:52:37 pm »

Spoiler
Also expected Weasel's head to blow up in the post-credits.
[close]

:)

Spoiler
Yeah, when Weasel woke up and staggered off down the beach, I was just waiting for him to stand on a landmine or something similar.

Glad he survived.  Would love to see Weasel reappear somewhere in the DC Universe.

[close]

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: August 2, 2021, 04:12:42 pm »
:)

Spoiler
Yeah, when Weasel woke up and staggered off down the beach, I was just waiting for him to stand on a landmine or something similar.

Glad he survived.  Would love to see Weasel reappear somewhere in the DC Universe.

[close]

Spoiler
what breed of dog is he?
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: August 2, 2021, 04:15:30 pm »
As fit as Margot is, I found Harley incredibly annoying in both the OG Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: August 2, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »
As fit as Margot is, I found Harley incredibly annoying in both the OG Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey.

Yep. Think she really overcooked that Brooklyn accent to be honest.  Might be intentional, who knows.

Although if someone from Brooklyn comes on and tells me its spot on then I shall hold my hands up :)

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: August 2, 2021, 06:19:56 pm »
Yep. Think she really overcooked that Brooklyn accent to be honest.  Might be intentional, who knows.

Although if someone from Brooklyn comes on and tells me its spot on then I shall hold my hands up :)

Having been to Brooklyn, it deffo sounded like it was overcooked  ;D

I remember Scarlett Johansson done the same in a film called Don Juan. She’s another one that is proper fit though!  ;D

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: August 3, 2021, 08:51:41 am »
Having been to Brooklyn, it deffo sounded like it was overcooked  ;D

I remember Scarlett Johansson done the same in a film called Don Juan. She’s another one that is proper fit though!  ;D

i think i can overlook the accent in that film  ::)

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: August 3, 2021, 09:57:49 am »
I think its the character, as I recall Harley in the Arkham series had a similar over the top accent