Author Topic: FC Basel AWAY  (Read 69527 times)

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Basel AWAY
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2014, 10:45:04 am »
Did someone tell you that in the pub on Saturday night by any chance?

It's all over twitter but it's come from someone at the ticket office which means fuckall because I wouldn't believe a word they say!

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2014, 10:47:00 am »
It's all over twitter but it's come from someone at the ticket office which means fuckall because I wouldn't believe a word they say!

I would believe what is heard in the pub at 02.00 on Sunday morning over something off Twatter.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2014, 10:55:32 am »
That's got to be bollocks, that's nearly a 3rd of the away allocation

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:54 am »
Anyone see this dropping today like some previous aways have done like for a 1 o'clock sale for members?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:53 am »
Apparently Thomas Cook got 600 tickets for this, ridiculous if true.

They've not sold out though, so maybe they'll give some back to the TO for the normal sales?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:41 am »
Did someone tell you that in the pub on Saturday night by any chance?

It was said to someone by the ticket office this morning and is being looked into by SOS.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:59 am »
It was said to someone by the ticket office this morning and is being looked into by SOS.

As if someone at the ticket office would say that to a customer at the window, TC have one plane going that isn't even full yet.

Don't believe what you read on twatter.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2014, 11:44:46 am »
C'monnnnnnnn Members with 1 ....

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2014, 11:46:04 am »

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2014, 12:00:34 pm »

ALL ST Holders!!

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2014, 12:06:59 pm »
Don't think its as busy on the phones this morning, friend of mine has just got through within 15 minutes of redialing then 20 minutes waiting and buying the ticket.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2014, 12:07:38 pm »
Don't think its as busy on the phones this morning, friend of mine has just got through within 15 minutes of redialing then 20 minutes waiting and buying the ticket.

Cheers for the info mate!

Just hoping if they are going to drop it without notice that someone can post on here or me and my mates can get on it quick.

Couldn't call it as have no idea how many are left. Would love our TO to publish it at the start of each sale, It can't be fucking hard can it for some moron in there to look at a screen and see how many are still up for sale and get someone in Web Content to write a 3/4 digit number in a box!

Quick question are the TC tickets taken after or before the 1695 we were given?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:11:08 pm by Smithy_88 »

Offline Will (Mr)

• Neville, Neville ... banana or poo? The all new Mr Arscott...
  • Anny Roader
  • Done the treble
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »
I've been redialling since 1100 and not got through yet

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »
Cheers for the info mate!

Just hoping if they are going to drop it without notice that someone can post on here or me and my mates can get on it quick.

Couldn't call it as have no idea how many are left. Would love our TO to publish it at the start of each sale, It can't be fucking hard can it for some moron in there to look at a screen and see how many are still up for sale and get someone in Web Content to write a 3/4 digit number in a box!

Quick question are the TC tickets taken after or before the 1695 we were given?

TC tickets will come from the 1695

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2014, 01:10:21 pm »
I need some help, bit confused with what, if any, options I have. Me and my old man have had season tickets for 25+ years but last 5 or 6 years his business also had a couple of corporate seats. We used the corporate tickets to get away tickets but the corporate season tickets have now gone. We've elected in for all home cup games on our own season tickets but don't have any credits for away games on them.

If I understand correctly European away tickets are given to fans, quite rightly, who have credits for previous European away games. We went but no credits on our season tickets. How do you ever break this cycle of not having credits if to get them in the first place you need to have gone to an away?!?!

Secondly, where can I get two away tickets for Basel without any credits from previous Europeans?

All help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JFT97

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »
I need some help, bit confused with what, if any, options I have. Me and my old man have had season tickets for 25+ years but last 5 or 6 years his business also had a couple of corporate seats. We used the corporate tickets to get away tickets but the corporate season tickets have now gone. We've elected in for all home cup games on our own season tickets but don't have any credits for away games on them.

If I understand correctly European away tickets are given to fans, quite rightly, who have credits for previous European away games. We went but no credits on our season tickets. How do you ever break this cycle of not having credits if to get them in the first place you need to have gone to an away?!?!

Secondly, where can I get two away tickets for Basel without any credits from previous Europeans?

From my experience you need to wait for an away which goes to General and doesn't sell out.

I got my first one when we were doing shite with Hodgson in Braga as no-one wanted a ticket, which then let me get tickets for all 2012 games. Which in turn is letting me get them for this years Champions League.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2014, 01:36:40 pm »
From my experience you need to wait for an away which goes to General and doesn't sell out.

I got my first one when we were doing shite with Hodgson in Braga as no-one wanted a ticket, which then let me get tickets for all 2012 games. Which in turn is letting me get them for this years Champions League.

Thanks a lot, appreciate that.

Anyone in the unlikely situation of having 2 spare Basel tickets let me know! Travel all sorted and no tickets!
JFT97

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2014, 01:40:36 pm »
Thanks a lot, appreciate that.

Anyone in the unlikely situation of having 2 spare Basel tickets let me know! Travel all sorted and no tickets!

Oh Forgot.

There may be a way with going with Thomas Cook. But I can't seem to find out if when you go if that goes onto your away ticket history so then you can buy other aways on +1 previous away in the sales. As it used to but not sure anymore.

May be worth finding out as if so its an expensive way to get on the ladder :-\ Looking £300 for a day trip though when as you probs know if you do it yourself you can do a 2day trip for half that money.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2014, 02:21:48 pm »
I'm now a season ticket holder but have Young Boys recorded on my old fancard. Phoned up on the off chance that if I explained my circumstances, they would allow me to purchase. The girl I spoke to was nice enough, understood that I am a season ticket holder who attended Young Boys, and has a record of it - but she couldn't progress the sale as the system would not allow it. Computer says no.

While on I asked if the sale would drop. She said she could not tell me, I should just keep an eye on the website.

I only re-dialled three times to get into the queue. There was four people in front of me and it took me 20 minutes to get through. This suggests there are not loads of operators on the phones selling hundreds of tickets every hour. I understand from a friend that you could also get through easy enough yesteday. I am hoping all of this points to there being a further sale.

Fingers crossed.
Long live the King

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »
That's strange enough, that. You'd think they should be able to transfee your history from a fan card to a seasie if they're both in your name. Surely they do with domestic games?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2014, 05:19:12 pm »
The season ticket was a transfer a from a mate, with a name change, and part of the process is you have to accept their history.
Long live the King

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »
Has anyone tried getting tickets in the home end directly via Basel? Might be my only option at this rate. I reckon the Swiss will be pretty relaxed about me and my 67 year old Dad!
JFT97

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:41 pm »

Unfortunately you are a victim of your circumstances  but are an exception to be honest-  why didn't you get the Europa aways on your ST's rather than corporate tickets ? 

-  I don't think there were more than 1000 fans at any of the Europa league games I went to a couple of years ago  and probably a lot  less than that  in Moscow - tickets were on general sale for all the games so anyone could easily have got on the ladder then  .

It's only now that we are in the Champions League with games against the likes of Real Madrid that the demand has increased.    The main injustice as things stand , which has already been mentioned is that people booking with TC with no credits have preference over members with 1 Europa away .

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:21 pm »
Unfortunately you are a victim of your circumstances  but are an exception to be honest-  why didn't you get the Europa aways on your ST's rather than corporate tickets ? 

-  I don't think there were more than 1000 fans at any of the Europa league games I went to a couple of years ago  and probably a lot  less than that  in Moscow - tickets were on general sale for all the games so anyone could easily have got on the ladder then  .

It's only now that we are in the Champions League with games against the likes of Real Madrid that the demand has increased.    The main injustice as things stand , which has already been mentioned is that people booking with TC with no credits have preference over members with 1 Europa away .

You could not be more right, no idea now why we used the corporates when we didn't need to! Thomas Cook arrangement stinks as well.
JFT97

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2014, 10:50:37 pm »
The season ticket was a transfer a from a mate, with a name change, and part of the process is you have to accept their history.
Okay, never knew... Including criminal record and all?

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2014, 12:35:52 am »
Has anyone tried getting tickets in the home end directly via Basel? Might be my only option at this rate. I reckon the Swiss will be pretty relaxed about me and my 67 year old Dad!

Difficult one, Basel are selling 3 match combis for their home games. Any singles will go to ST/locals and smaller sponsers before anyone else...officially it will be sold out but there will still be empty seats just like the England game last week.

I seriously doubt they will be selling tickets on matchday but keep an eye on their homepage and you might get lucky.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »
If there's any left they're going on sale on wednesday over www.fcb.ch

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2014, 06:38:28 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/information-for-travelling-supporters

UEFA Champions League Match Day 2

F.C. Basel vs Liverpool Football Club
Date: 1st October 2014
Venue: St Jakob Park Stadium Basel, Bisstrasse 320 (St Jakob-Turn)
Kick-Off Time: 2045 (Local Time)

Below is general travel advice and information for Liverpool FC fans travelling to Basel, Switzerland for the above match.

As well as this advice, please click on the below web link for travel advice for SWITZERLAND:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland

Passports and visas

•If you are a British Citizen or British Subject with Right of Abode in the United Kingdom, you will not need a visa to enter Switzerland. Other British passport holders should check entry requirements with the nearest Swiss Diplomatic mission.
•Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required. The Swiss authorities have confirmed they will accept British passports extended by 12 months by British Embassies and Consulates under additional measures put in place mid-2014
•Please ensure your passport in kept safe. In case of lost or stolen passports, please contact the British Embassy in Berne in order to arrange an appointment for an Emergency Travel Document.
NOTE: It would be worthwhile to take a copy of your passport just in case of lost or stolen passports.

•Adequate travel insurance should be obtained prior to travelling.
•Remember your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) but also take out travel insurance, even if you're only going for one night - it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties.
Getting to the stadium

•The stadium, St Jakob Park, which has a capacity of 36,000, opened in 2001 and is a modern venue located in the south eastern district on the outskirts of Basel adjacent to the A2 motorway. The stadium building includes a shopping centre and restaurants.
•Airport:
•Basel Airport is approx. 15 minutes from the city centre with tram number 50 connecting the city.  Zurich is about 1hr 15minutes by train
•The stadium is approximately 20-30 minutes from the city centre or the tram number 14 can be used from AESCHPLATZ to ST JAKOB, which is the closest tram stop to the stadium. This journey takes about 10 minutes.
NOTE: Match day tickets entitle supporters to travel free on match day from approximately 1645hrs.  Public transport stops at 0100hrs.

•You can walk to the stadium from this location, but it will take approx.. 45 minutes.
•There will also be pre-match free shuttle bus service available from the city centre.
•A taxi from Basel city centre to the stadium should cost approximately CHF25.
NOTE: Swiss currency is the Swiss Franc.

•Basel Public Transport map: http://www.bvb.ch/docs/regiofahrplan/2012/11/27/tnw_liniennetz_bs.phf?status=Master

At the Match

•Liverpool supporters will be located in Stand B which is on the western side of the ground in Sectors B1 and B2.
•Entry will be by electronic scanning of the ticket and then body search by stewards. Turnstiles open at 1845hrs and supporters are advised to arrive in good time.
•Prohibited items are similar to this in the UK. In particular no bottles will be permitted or excessively large banners or flag poles. Whilst there are luggage deposit facilities, it is not recommended you bring large items to the ground.
•Persons who are drunk or behaving in an inappropriate manner will not be permitted entry and could face arrest. Alcohol will not be available within the Stadium and there are no local bars in the vicinity for visiting fans.
•Catering facilities are available in the visitors section throughout the match where cash payments can be made using local currency.
•It is anticipated Liverpool supporters will be held back for a short period at the end of the match (no more than 15 minutes unless there is an issue).
•Switzerland is generally a safe country but common sense precautions should be taken when in crowded city areas and on local transport as pick pockets do operate. This includes keeping valuables safe and bags secure and preferably leaving all valuables in your Hotel Safety Deposit Box.
•Adequate travel insurance should be obtained and passports must be valid for the period of the stay.
•Please ensure your passport in kept safe. In case of lost or stolen passports, please contact the British Embassy in Berne in order to arrange an appointment for an Emergency Travel Document.

Relevant British Embassy address and telephone numbers

British Embassy Berne

Thunstrasse 50

3005 Berne

Switzerland

Telephone: +41 (0) 31 359 770 (also for out of hours emergencies)

Office Hours: Monday to Friday 0830 to 1200 and 1330 to 1700

For more information and detailed Travel Advice for Switzerland, please visit British Embassy Berne http://gov.uk/government/world/switzerland

Emergency services numbers

Public Emergency Line: 112

General Stadium Information

•St Jakobs Park Stadium is a modern venue with a 100% roof covering, good terrace decks and seating.
•The stadium management do advise Liverpool fans to arrive and access the stadium early.
•Parking for Liverpool fans using coaches, cars, mini-buses etc will be located at Busparking UAG (Address: St Jakobs-Strasse 200, Basel).
•The stadium is divided into 4 stands: A, B, C and D. Liverpool fans sector is B stand western side of the stadium and access is through turnstiles B1 and B2 (B turnstiles).
•The lower tier stand has a concourse at the back of the seating terrace, which includes a catering unit providing hot and cold drinks (non-alcoholic) and hot and cold food section. The upper tier stand uses the same concourse as the lower tier.
•Ladies toilets are located on the same concourse to the right of the catering unit, but the Gents toilet block is located at the side of the lower tier seating, and at the side of the stadium vehicle entrance ramp. Access is through a fenced walkway.
•First Aid/medical provision is provided at concourse level in sector A.
•Normal small type flags/banners without sticks/poles will be welcome, provided there is no offensive language, racist or political messages. Please have them ready for inspection by Basel stewards before entering the turnstiles.
•All match tickets include free public transport to the stadium on a match day from the city centre. Trams number 14 and buses number 36.

NOTE: The free bus shuttle service pre-match does not run post-match, but all other public transport does up to 0100hrs.

•Wheelchair disabled Liverpool fans are located in a home fan section with Basel disabled supporters, which is located next to the Liverpool section in B stand.

Entrance is through section C with a dedicated lift to level 1 (middle concourse) with viewing location which does not have obstructed views.

Welfare facilities are also on this level along with Basel Stewards to provide support as needed.
•VIP section entrance is A3
•The local Police have advised that Liverpool fans should not go near sector D (near the club shop) near to the kick-off (3 hours) for safety reasons.
•On behalf of the Club we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Switzerland.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2014, 11:23:14 am »
Picked me ticket up yesterday and just noticed that the numbers on it are completely different from the email confirmation I recieved. Just wondering if this is ok or should I contact the club?
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2014, 11:49:50 am »
Picked me ticket up yesterday and just noticed that the numbers on it are completely different from the email confirmation I recieved. Just wondering if this is ok or should I contact the club?

Seat numbers?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:00 am »

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

Might be worth asking the TO about it. If the ticket on your record gets sold on and somebody reports it to LFC you could end up getting banned from future tickets.

Online quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »
Trams - although the nearest stop is St Jakob Park (line 14) I'd recommend using Dreispitz (lines 10&11). SJP usually gets very busy, particularly after the match. Dreispitz is about a 10 minute walk from the ground and the trams are much quieter.

Offline RUFUS0107

• Kemlynite
  • keep the Faith
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2014, 03:08:13 pm »
Might be worth asking the TO about it. If the ticket on your record gets sold on and somebody reports it to LFC you could end up getting banned from future tickets.

I went to pick my tickets up yesterday and after 30 mins of checking and speaking to the Supervisor, they stated they do not have my tickets.  Told me the seat numbers and row, and after further discussions with the Supervisor, told me that they "may" have been posted out in error and to contact them later in week if not received. Promised club would investigate and re-issue if I don't receive them.   Yet another cock up from our TO!

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2014, 08:28:13 pm »
Picked ours up no probs, correct seat numbers, row etc. I'd deffo speak to the ticket circus

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2014, 09:26:39 am »
Any chance of this dropping then??
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2014, 10:04:51 am »
Picked ours up no probs, correct seat numbers, row etc. I'd deffo speak to the ticket circus

Phoned customer services this morning they change the details on the system to the ticket I've got said can't be sure who's got my ticket but have but the details I was emailed with against the person who's ticket I recieved.

Offline peter talman

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2014, 05:59:47 pm »
Anyone paid Special delivery and still waiting?

Offline rafasinistanbul05

• Main Stander
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:02 pm »

Yeah, still waiting. Ordered late on Thursday  ::)

I wouldn't worry just yet, only Monday.......... :)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:52 pm »

They don't guarantee that it gets delivered the next day after its ordered, just that its delivered the next day from whenever they feel at liberty to post them  ;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.