Author Topic: Disney Theme Parks  (Read 40996 times)

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:46 pm »
We are thinking of going in a few years time, my daughter will be 18, my son will be 13 and my youngest will be about 4.

Going to be in the summer holidays, probably no way around it. For 2 weeks.

What sort of budget am I going to have to find to fund this sort of trip - not sure even what parks to go to and what to avoid.

Its a nightmare trying to think about all the options and what to give a wide berthetc.

So any beginners guide would be nice

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:43 pm »
We are thinking of going in a few years time, my daughter will be 18, my son will be 13 and my youngest will be about 4.

What sort of budget am I going to have to find to fund this sort of trip - not sure even what parks to go to and what to avoid.

Its a nightmare trying to think about all the options and what to give a wide berthetc.

This is a good site that tells you when the parks are busiest. This link is for Universal, but mooch about and it'll show all parks. In short, avoid June & July, along with the first half of August unless you fancy mega-queues.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=aug&yr=2019#crowdCalendar

For 5 of you at those ages, you're likely talking £3k flights & car. A good villa can be got for about £800/week if you're ok being a little away from the bustle. Don't know about hotels.

Parks are stupidly pricey.

With spending cash, I'd go north of £7k for a fortnight.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=aug&yr=2019#crowdCalendar
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2019, 09:04:33 am »

I'm sure it's been said in here before but you need to do your prep before going. Work out exactly what you want to do park wise before you book anything to do with the holiday. Once you've done that have an idea what you want to do each day and potentially book restaurants and 'Fast-Pass' rides months in advance of going.

In terms of budget, I reckon you are talking 8k at the very least for 5 people for a fortnight. Depends also if you are going in a school holiday or not. That would probably include reasonably priced flights (3-4k), car hire (0.5k), park tickets (1-2k) and a villa (1.5-2k) not necessarily right by the park. That might be a bit tight of spending money though.

If you want to stay at Disney then it could be more. I booked about 10-12 months in advance and got free food. Saved me about 1k at least. Think I spent 10 days at Disney and a week elsewhere and it cost about 10-11k without spending money included. Staying at Disney was amazing though. Being able to get in the park early was brilliant for getting on rides.

I thought Orlando was an amazing holdiay with kids. But if you don't plan it could be really frustrating waiting hours in queues for rides. We spent hours planning stuff and when we got there we were sorted. No problem for food since tables were booked. Got on at least 10-12 rides/shows a day and probably only stayed on the parks for about 7-8 hours a day due to my kids age.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2019, 09:21:15 am »
Has the Disney Dining Plan been scrapped completely?

I'm going in a few weeks and staying in Cabana Bay and not doing Disney but last time that I checked the Dine Plan had been scrapped which is a shame.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2019, 10:33:55 am »
Has the Disney Dining Plan been scrapped completely?

I'm going in a few weeks and staying in Cabana Bay and not doing Disney but last time that I checked the Dine Plan had been scrapped which is a shame.

Don't think so. You can still book it on Disney's website if you are booking accommodation on the park.

There's a 3 tiered dining plan. The mid-one is probably the best and costs about £2000 for 2 weeks for 4 people. I got it free when I went a few years ago. Think I got the mid plan free at the time because I was booked into 'club level' at Animal Lodge, which is designated as a Disney Deluxe Resort. Got 'free' alcohol in the hotel as well. Pretty much didn't spend a penny on food and drink for the 10 days I was there.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2019, 06:22:58 pm »
Whats the cheapest way to book this for a family then? Gonna go down the Villa route and just hire a car. So many options though!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2019, 06:52:27 pm »

We got back last week from Florida, 8 of us went. Went with Virgin Holidays. Including spends it cost us £7k for 2 adults and 2 kids. Direct flight into MCO airport from Manchester, stayed at the Enclave suites, just off International drive - great location for the non disney parks. The hotel was great, 2 bedroom suites. Parks wise we did Universal/Islands of adventure, Volcano Bay, Seaworld, Discovery Cove (the kids swam with Dolphins) and Busch Gardens. We could have done Aquatica as that was included in the tickets, but were knackered after the CL Final.

Universal/Islands of adventure and Volcano Bay all fall under one set of tickets and if you book Discovery Cove (its a day at Seaworlds all inclusive resort), you get Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens as well. Park tickets in total cost about £1600, but it is unlimited access. We were told by someone while there that if you buy a 12 month pass instead for each park, it works out cheaper - I'm going to look into that for next time.

Aquatica was a bit run down when we went in 2017, but they have spent money since. Universal/Islands/Seaworld/Volcano Bay and Busch all have to be done, the coasters are brilliant at each resort. Look at you tube for Manta, Kraken, Mako, Rip Ride Rockit, Hulk, Tigris, Falcons Fury to get an idea of how good they are.

We either walked or got the I trolley to get to the parks, hired 2 cars to go to Busch. Her sister had book a Mustang for 3 days, that cost about £260 all in, I paid £80 for a Nissan Altima for the day.

Avoid the end of May, it is when the US schools break up and memorial day weekend. The parks are packed with schoolkids and the queues hit an hour very quickly. Temps were mad too, over 40c/100f at times. Hurricane season starts on the 1st June.

We honeymooned there in Sept/Oct 2007, still mids 30's, but a hell of a lot quieter, didn't have to queue for rides at all.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #327 on: June 14, 2019, 12:58:27 pm »
Best time to go is April if you miss Easter and early October for a good balance of nice weather and low-ish crowds, though I don't think you can say it's quiet there anymore.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #328 on: June 14, 2019, 01:04:50 pm »

Been lucky to go over a dozen times and the simple best advice is not to try and overdo it, you will struggle in the heat to try and cram everything in so have a think at what are the must do's.
Do some research on the parks - there is a great forum called https://www.thedibb.co.uk/ I can recommend.
If you try and do WDW, Sea World, Universal and the water parks that is just too much in my opinion. You will be rushing around all the time and a lot of the enjoyment will be lost. Plus frankly doing that in the heat of summer when it's going to be very busy would be exhausting.

There are loads of good guides for the parks on youtube so speak with your family about the parks, rides they favour.
Getting to the parks early in summer is vital as you miss the worst of the heat and crowds, plan in rest days also.
I know it sounds like an assault course but at least you will be ready for it.
Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are the most popular, and best, parks at WDW I can highly recommend them, you just need to think whether you want to do WDW and Universal also, as I say it will be crowded and hot so it's important not to try and do too much.

We always rent a private villa as it means we can relax when we want to, have a car to get around easier and if you stay in Kissimmee you are close to everything also.
Booking flghts, tickets etc separately can save money.

https://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/ is a good guide at prices for the parks

Will you be renting a car?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:26:25 pm by Frank Becton »

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:07 pm »
You get good value staying in a Disney Hotel but I dont think I would be able to cope on the non park days being cooped up in a little room with my Mrs and 3 kids (13, 10 and 6). So a villa I think will be ideal.

Does anyone know what the dining plan is like for people with allergies? My 10 year old has coeliac so has to stick to a gluten free diet.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2019, 01:27:50 pm »
You get good value staying in a Disney Hotel but I dont think I would be able to cope on the non park days being cooped up in a little room with my Mrs and 3 kids (13, 10 and 6). So a villa I think will be ideal.

Does anyone know what the dining plan is like for people with allergies? My 10 year old has coeliac so has to stick to a gluten free diet.

Any use?

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/dining/dietary-needs-food-allergies.htm
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2019, 01:43:49 pm »
Any use?

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/dining/dietary-needs-food-allergies.htm
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

Thanks. I have seen that online but I usually like to take peoples first hand accounts because what they publish on their website and what they actually do are always different. I lived in Florida for 6 months and actually used to work for Disney at the Carribbean Beach Resort but i've forgotton pretty much everything!

Has anyone stayed in the Disney hotels with kids before? Or are villas defo the best way?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
Thanks. I have seen that online but I usually like to take peoples first hand accounts because what they publish on their website and what they actually do are always different. I lived in Florida for 6 months and actually used to work for Disney at the Carribbean Beach Resort but i've forgotton pretty much everything!

Has anyone stayed in the Disney hotels with kids before? Or are villas defo the best way?

A villa holiday is completely different, you must have a car, you get that extra room, privacy, your own pool and for us it makes it far easier overall.
Especially if you just don't want to do Disney and want that flexibility to relax a little also. They are often located within reach of all the parks anyway.

Obviously if you don't want to drive a Disney hotel has the location factor and being onsite as it were the transportation system is there to take you everywhere you want to go, however if you want to spread your wings outside of Disney it's obviously better to have your own car.

If you are just 'doing Disney' and not bothered about much else then a Disney hotel is great, personally we do more than that and like that extra room a villa provides.
No right or wrong way just what suits you best.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2019, 02:28:51 pm »
We stayed in a hotel close to Universal and they offered free shuttles to all the parks a few times a day, I assume most hotels do similar.  Took about 30-45 minutes to get to the Disney parks so it was fine.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2019, 03:29:45 pm »
A villa holiday is completely different, you must have a car, you get that extra room, privacy, your own pool and for us it makes it far easier overall.
Especially if you just don't want to do Disney and want that flexibility to relax a little also. They are often located within reach of all the parks anyway.

Obviously if you don't want to drive a Disney hotel has the location factor and being onsite as it were the transportation system is there to take you everywhere you want to go, however if you want to spread your wings outside of Disney it's obviously better to have your own car.

If you are just 'doing Disney' and not bothered about much else then a Disney hotel is great, personally we do more than that and like that extra room a villa provides.
No right or wrong way just what suits you best.

I would go crazy if it was just Disney! Got to do the space center, busch gardens, universal etc so I think a villa is the best way to go. Now just to find one cheap enough.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2019, 03:43:09 pm »
I would go crazy if it was just Disney! Got to do the space center, busch gardens, universal etc so I think a villa is the best way to go. Now just to find one cheap enough.

Do you really need a Villa if you are intending to do all that? You might better off staying in a hotel on International Drive if you aren't going to be in the place that much. We are quite active anyway, so we were happy to walk to Universal, pay $10 for a cab back to the hotel and use the I trolley buses to get to Seaworld and to the area around the Orlando Eye of a night and then walk back. The hotels also do park shuttles. We only used the cars to get to Busch as it meant staying until 7pm, we wanted the freedom to leave when we were ready.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2019, 04:10:27 pm »
Do you really need a Villa if you are intending to do all that? You might better off staying in a hotel on International Drive if you aren't going to be in the place that much. We are quite active anyway, so we were happy to walk to Universal, pay $10 for a cab back to the hotel and use the I trolley buses to get to Seaworld and to the area around the Orlando Eye of a night and then walk back. The hotels also do park shuttles. We only used the cars to get to Busch as it meant staying until 7pm, we wanted the freedom to leave when we were ready.
Well I imagine we'll have days where we won't go to any parks and we'll just chill in the villa. I might even mix it up and stay at Disney for a week then a Villa for a week+. As most have said in this thread a lot of this is going to be about planning.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2019, 06:03:32 pm »
Well I imagine we'll have days where we won't go to any parks and we'll just chill in the villa. I might even mix it up and stay at Disney for a week then a Villa for a week+. As most have said in this thread a lot of this is going to be about planning.

If you stay in a villa in Kissimmee just off the 192, near Formosa Gardens area, you are just a few minutes drive from Disney and Universal is easily reached too.

Having a car gives you so much more freedom.

I think especially if you have children, a villa is best. As ever though do what suits you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:05:21 pm by Frank Becton »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2019, 07:01:53 pm »
Just be aware that there's car park charges. For Universal it was $12 a day iirc
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2019, 07:10:59 pm »
If you decide to use the public transport on I-drive, don't what ever you do, use the Iride-trolley, its full of fucking English.

Get the local bus. A much more polite and civil ride.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2019, 05:36:41 pm »
Are these deals any good? There so much info to consume!

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2019, 09:49:13 am »
Going on November 6th, can’t wait (well I’m going to Orlando and staying the Universal end of iDrive but I can’t see a general Orlando threa.)

I’ve been a few times before, love both resorts, in personally more of a Universal fan as I don’t have kids and prefer the parks, plus they’re usually quieter.

This will be my 7th time (I’m a bit of a theme park geek, it’s a real passion of mine,) so if anyone has any questions then let me know as they’ll be a decent chance I’ll be able to answer them.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2019, 11:00:40 am »
Mister, who was the fattest person you've ever seen at Florida?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2019, 12:03:29 pm »

I saw a whole bunch of proper lardos when I went in May, unfeasibly large people.  They had to walk one leg around the other.  Loads of mobility scooters too, and weirdly there were kids around 6/7 years old getting pushed around in prams.  It's a whole other world.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:31 pm »

Can’t  possibly answer that one.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: July 21, 2019, 01:14:45 pm »
I saw a whole bunch of proper lardos when I went in May, unfeasibly large people.  They had to walk one leg around the other.  Loads of mobility scooters too, and weirdly there were kids around 6/7 years old getting pushed around in prams.  It's a whole other world.

Saw one in 2017 on a scooter, her arse cheeks were almost dragging on the ground - utter fat twat.

Going on November 6th, can’t wait (well I’m going to Orlando and staying the Universal end of iDrive but I can’t see a general Orlando threa.)

I’ve been a few times before, love both resorts, in personally more of a Universal fan as I don’t have kids and prefer the parks, plus they’re usually quieter.

This will be my 7th time (I’m a bit of a theme park geek, it’s a real passion of mine,) so if anyone has any questions then let me know as they’ll be a decent chance I’ll be able to answer them.

Make sure you go across to Busch and do the Tigris.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
Re: Disney Theme Parks
« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2023, 12:33:51 pm »
Can anyone recommend a decent website for finding a Villa in Kissimmee?

Offline neilmc74

• Boys Pen
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2023, 02:05:22 pm »
Last time we went to Orlando we used holidayhomes.co.uk  We stayed at this one  - https://www.vrbo.com/en-gb/p338196?adultsCount=2&arrival=2023-09-10&departure=2023-09-17&uni_id=3128609  great location handy to Kissimmee and the parks etc and a decent sized Target very nearby.  The owner of the villa was great - excellent comms with him.  We discovered dad had left his new hoodie in his wardrobe in the haste to get to the airport and the owner got it sent to us a few days later.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: July 4, 2023, 11:56:33 am »

We'd been on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal earlier in our stay but decided to go on again on our last Universal day. Queues were way longer, and it was sweltering. The first time, we'd sat 4 of us across (each row takes up to 5) which was great. Second time, they were squeezing people on to fill all 5 spaces. We initially sat spread across the row with me and the wife either side of the girls but the attendant asked us to budge up a bit. We did, and this enormous fat c*nt wobbled forward towards us and slowly lowered himself into the 'boat' next to me. He must have weighed about 25 stone and was dripping with sweat.

The safety bar came down and stopped at his huge gut. It stopped a good half foot away from me, even further away from my kids, who could barely reach it to grab. The bloke turned to me and gave a goofy "Huh, sorry!" My youngest (9 at the time) was next to me and, although the ride is pretty sedate in the main, we knew from riding it previously that there was the drop at the end. I spent the entire ride clinging onto my little one so she wouldn't fall out.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 4, 2023, 01:16:09 pm »
Last time we went to Orlando we used holidayhomes.co.uk  We stayed at this one  - https://www.vrbo.com/en-gb/p338196?adultsCount=2&arrival=2023-09-10&departure=2023-09-17&uni_id=3128609  great location handy to Kissimmee and the parks etc and a decent sized Target very nearby.  The owner of the villa was great - excellent comms with him.  We discovered dad had left his new hoodie in his wardrobe in the haste to get to the airport and the owner got it sent to us a few days later.
Thanks mate!

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: July 4, 2023, 07:41:31 pm »
Did anyone ever book a disney hotel through a third party like Trivago?

The resort I want is not available on my dates on the Disney website but on Trivago it is. Not sure if it would be an issue booking the room through one company and the tickets through Disney as I know the room cards double up as theme park tickets too.

Strange how its available on Trivago but not their own website.