Author Topic: Disney Theme Parks  (Read 41029 times)

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2017, 11:36:35 am »
Yeah we got the regular dining plan free so having to book a restaurant a day...

we looked at upgrading to that, but thought that we would have greater flexibility with just the free QS plan and then we can do what we want etc with regards to food.

5 weeks to go now, my mrs and me so excited. Still not told the kids we are going yet. We are hoping to hold out until the day we leave and wake them up and tell them then. My kids are 11,8 and 5 so its a lovely age for them to go again, we went 3 years ago. the only down side to us being away is that my lad is signing an academy contract with Watford, and they introduce all the academy kids at half time on the 15th April but we will still be in florida. He is so looking forward to this, but im sure the fact we are away will help soften the blow!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »
We go in May, haven't been since 2009. Our son is severely autistic, loves the rides and the pool (we rent a villa).
Lots of changes since we last went, have booked a couple of character breakfasts so far.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »
we looked at upgrading to that, but thought that we would have greater flexibility with just the free QS plan and then we can do what we want etc with regards to food.

Yeah that's the downside to the regular dining plan - less flexibility.
Still, it was free so can't complain too much

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2017, 11:14:39 pm »
I used to work in one of the Disney hotels so if anyone has any questions, fire away!

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2017, 09:45:09 am »
I’m looking to book for August 2018 (Wife is a teacher so can’t be in non school holidays) for us (2 adults and 2 kids 6&4).
What company do people seem to be booking with? I have been looking on the DIBB Forums and for what you get Thompson seem to be better than Virgin and the price is about £1000  less for the 4 of us Flights, 1 Room and 1 Car.

Also when if the best time to book the trip, tickets etc?

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2017, 09:45:46 am »
I used to work in one of the Disney hotels so if anyone has any questions, fire away!

Any secret hints and tips you can share?

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2017, 09:48:58 am »
Any secret hints and tips you can share?
Complain. Complain about everything. We were taught to just give in to customer demands as reputation is everything. One fella got his room for free for 2 nights because there was a crayon on the bed when he checked in!

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2017, 05:37:39 pm »
I’m looking to book for August 2018 (Wife is a teacher so can’t be in non school holidays) for us (2 adults and 2 kids 6&4).
What company do people seem to be booking with? I have been looking on the DIBB Forums and for what you get Thompson seem to be better than Virgin and the price is about £1000  less for the 4 of us Flights, 1 Room and 1 Car.

Also when if the best time to book the trip, tickets etc?

We saved a fortune booking it all independently. Flights booked with BA, hotel and tickets through Disney and car hire through virgin. Booked universal through their US site and villa for final part of trip through a friends contact. Saved over £4000 doing it that way in comparison to what Thomson quoted us. Worth looking in to

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2017, 09:48:17 am »
Going in may best to buy tickets here before leaving or when we arrive ?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:22 pm »
Going in may best to buy tickets here before leaving or when we arrive ?

Here, if you buy direct at the parks you may find it more expensive and places like Attraction Tickets Direct sometimes have offers on.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 5, 2017, 11:51:35 pm »
Got back from Florida this morning after 2 weeks in Disney's Carribbean Beach, absolutely amazing holiday and the weather was fantastic all holiday!

Oh and wait times in Universal were amazing aswell the longest being 20 mins! Kong and Jimmy Fallon rides were the best I went on all holiday 😆😎

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #251 on: May 6, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »
They've just opened up Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom.

Looks stunning.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #252 on: May 6, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »
I'm puzzled as to why they're opening a land for an 8 year old movie who's sequel is vaporware. It's not even their movie.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 6, 2017, 08:20:45 pm »
I'm puzzled as to why they're opening a land for an 8 year old movie who's sequel is vaporware. It's not even their movie.
Yeah it's got me confused since I heard about it too. It's about time Disney added something new though and Animal Kingdom is a good spot as I feel it lacks big rides/attractions.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 8, 2017, 01:15:21 pm »
Got back from Florida this morning after 2 weeks in Disney's Carribbean Beach, absolutely amazing holiday and the weather was fantastic all holiday!

Oh and wait times in Universal were amazing aswell the longest being 20 mins! Kong and Jimmy Fallon rides were the best I went on all holiday 😆😎

Kong? Really? I was on a preview ride of Kong last year and wasn't all that impressed. Might just be me not being really into the simulator rides though, but I thought the other big coasters at Universal were far better, like the RipRide Rockit, Dragon Chase, even the Mummy. What is the Jimmy Fallon one like, it wasn't ready last year (heading back this July though  8) )
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 8, 2017, 03:19:26 pm »
Kong? Really? I was on a preview ride of Kong last year and wasn't all that impressed. Might just be me not being really into the simulator rides though, but I thought the other big coasters at Universal were far better, like the RipRide Rockit, Dragon Chase, even the Mummy. What is the Jimmy Fallon one like, it wasn't ready last year (heading back this July though  8) )
Yeah I thought it was good meself like maybe becaus it was new though! Jimmy Fallon is like The Simpsons ride another similator but it is a belter!

Can't beat Ripride Rocket though!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2017, 04:50:22 pm »
Booked for next January, 8 nights. It's over the marathon weekend. Last year, the Mrs. did the marathon there. Next year she's doing to Dopey Challenge, which is a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and marathon over four consecutive days. I think she's fucking mad, but there you go!
So this has changed to arring on January 2. The reason being is we are going to Disneyland in Anaheim for three nights in August. We went there for one night last December for the Mrs birthday, kid-free. As it happened they were closing down the Tower of Terror there the following month to refurb it into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride which opens this Saturday.

The MK there is similar to WDW, although a few more rides, and California Adventure is very different from anything in WDW. The two parks are literally a one minute walk apart across a square, so hopping is easy as pie.

This trip is going to be a complete surprise for the kids, we aren't even telling them where we're going when we get to the airport.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »
Yeah it's got me confused since I heard about it too. It's about time Disney added something new though and Animal Kingdom is a good spot as I feel it lacks big rides/attractions.

According to Variety and other sources...

James Cameron and Fox have set the release dates for the four “Avatar” sequels, starting on Dec. 18, 2020, for “Avatar 2.”

“Avatar 3” will open  Dec. 17, 2021, followed by a three- year break for “Avatar 4, set for Dec.20, 2024. “Avatar 5” will then open on Dec. 19, 2025.

So Disney are looking to do a "Star Wars" with this franchise too.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2017, 06:30:48 pm »
Booked for Sept 2018, 2 weeks in Port Orleans!

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
Universal Studios and their other park Islands of Adventures is getting out of control with it's screen based rides.

Surely there creative department need to work on some actual physical rides - and family rides at that.

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2017, 04:03:11 pm »
Universal Studios and their other park Islands of Adventures is getting out of control with it's screen based rides.

Surely there creative department need to work on some actual physical rides - and family rides at that.

I agree. Was just too much.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »

We got back a few days ago and whilst have visited Universal many times, didn't enjoy as much this time around.
A lot of the attractions weren't open at park opening time.

The Harry Potter Hogwart's Express is cool though.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #262 on: June 2, 2017, 07:21:45 pm »
I reckon if they took each of the rides out of the various Disney parks and stuck them into one it would be a pretty decent place to go. I was there a fortnight ago and it just seemed to be a vast food court full of restaurants. Oh, and 9 bucks for a beer?

Anyway, we decided to get a day pass for Universal as a last minute spur-of-the-moment day out. Tweeted them that we were sorry for 'cheating on them' and that we would stick to them in future. Got a DM back from them asking to head to guest services on the day we were there, et voila, two complimentary express passes for the day. Loved the refreshed Hulk, some serious subwoofers attached to that ride as you can hear the launch from around the park. But yeah, wish they would lay off on the 3D rides with the glasses and the screens and all that. Spiderman was cool when it came out but I just wish they would stick to the coasters etc, much more fun. Great time as always though.

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2017, 10:19:10 am »
After some accommodation advice really. There's 9 of us going over next July but want to get a villa that's pretty central to all the park areas including Universal which well probably do over 2 days. Does anyone know a good place to base ourselves. Ideally a gated place with some sort of community centre we could use for a beer setup with others if a night or on a chill day off.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:01 am »
After some accommodation advice really. There's 9 of us going over next July but want to get a villa that's pretty central to all the park areas including Universal which well probably do over 2 days. Does anyone know a good place to base ourselves. Ideally a gated place with some sort of community centre we could use for a beer setup with others if a night or on a chill day off.

There are loads of villa communities and most are located in Kissimmee on the 192, there are also many on the US27.
Generally they are less than 20 mins to WDW, slightly further from Universal.

You will need your own transport, generally nothing is within walking distance.

To be honest whilst there are several that are gated there aren't that many that have communal facilities as such, and to find one with a bar of any sort is very rare also.

Terre Verde and Windsor Palms are well located and have community pools, and a small Tiki Bar. WP also has a small grocery store and even a cinema.

Villa size varies by resort,  most are 4 bedroomed but also cater for larger parties like yourselves.

There are so many websites out there such as:
https://www.homeaway.co.uk
https://www.vr360homes.com
http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net

This site may help on showing the one's gates but they won't all necessarily have the communal facilities, you may be able to filter the search.

http://villasneardisney.co.uk/cgi-bin/rental_communities.pl?gc=y
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:10:45 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2017, 06:45:19 pm »
Countdown is on, just over a week til we jet off

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #266 on: August 3, 2017, 09:34:56 am »
And now it's tomorrow! That went fast

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 3, 2017, 09:53:42 am »
Check out Emerald Island Resort, has pretty much all that you are asking for, oh, and good luck doing Universal in 2 days, unless you get Express Passes.
Every man has a dream

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 3, 2017, 10:01:41 am »
Would two weeks in Disney be too long? Offer of dining and extra week free for next summer. Thanks.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 3, 2017, 10:11:03 am »
Would two weeks in Disney be too long? Offer of dining and extra week free for next summer. Thanks.
There is plenty to do, but just because you have the park tickets, doesn't mean you have to go every day, if you are getting it free, I say go for it!
Every man has a dream

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #270 on: August 3, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
We are there for 17 nights just Disney this year.

In the past we've spread ourselves too thin so just relaxing at Disney world this time

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 3, 2017, 08:43:39 pm »

I've used this guy Lee  plenty of times and have stayed in his own place on lake berkley resort right on the 192 and great access to all the parks and restaurants . He has a five and six beds there and they've always been spot on with no issues . He has been doing it for years now though haven't used home for about five years

http://www.kingdomstatevillas.com/

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #272 on: August 4, 2017, 01:38:17 pm »
Not at all! It gives you a chance for a rest day or two if you want, plus there are other attractions in the area, like Universal Orlando.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #273 on: August 5, 2017, 02:23:44 am »
Long journey today but fucking hell this place is boss

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 5, 2017, 09:08:00 am »
Long journey today but fucking hell this place is boss

Take a trip down to the beach for the day if your having days off from Disney , St Petes beach is only hour and half drive . Great laid back place to sample especially if you keep planning to go back to Florida a few times . You can't beat a 2 centre holiday there .

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #275 on: August 5, 2017, 10:33:56 am »
Not been to St Petes, will see what we get up to but last year we did 4 different hotels and a lot of moving around so think we will stay put ha

Our hotel is right by Epcot though so will probably use that as a bit of a base

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 6, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
Thanks for the replies people. I've decided to leave it to my sister to sort as she's a fucking divvy!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2017, 08:59:21 am »
Got back a couple of weeks ago.

There are major changes happening at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
They have closed Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot and it will be replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.  I'm not surprised really as Ellen's Energy Adventure looked very dated and didn't really look good any more.  It was over 20 years old!

There is a lot of building work going on at Hollywood Studios.  Toy Story Land is coming along and they'll have a few new rides, including a Slinky Dog Rollercoaster!
They are also building Star Wars Land which looks good.
The Great Movie Ride has been closed, which again is no surprise as it was also very dated.

Pandora, the World of Avatar has opened at Animal Kingdom, and all I can say is WOW, the who area look amazing! 
Queues for Avatar - Flight of Passage are ridiculous (almost 3 hours) but we were fortunate enough to get fast passes for it.  It is phenominal!   If you've been on Soarin' at Epoct, think of that, magnified x10.   
There were people who rode at the same time as us who said they were going to re-join the queue and wait almost 3 hours to do it again!
I would have probably queued again if the time had been an hour or so.  It really was spectacular.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2017, 09:22:10 am »
Thanks for the updates, there are a lot of changes in progress at Hollywood Studios.

Looking to go back again next May.

Online blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2017, 11:39:06 pm »
Flights all booked and paid for :-)  Villa hunt on the way now and will look at tickets etc. We're having 11 nights there so will probably just want 7 day passes and a couple of days just chilling and doing some local stuff.

Looking at Villas in ChampionsGate which seems to be preferred area for everyone.

The idea is to mainly do Universal stuff.

On the ticket front, whats the difference in waiting times in having a fast pass as opposed to a normal pass for the more popular rides?