Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422712 times)

Offline Brother Mouzone

• Kopite
  • Keep your head up, keep kicking and don't drown
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2011, 09:22:07 am »
Just came here to post this. That really is one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen. On the official site as well! Unbelievable.

I just came on to post it too! Man United fan mate just sent it to me. GOT to be someone at City who's a United fan - or someone has hacked it - it's hilarious.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Bluffers-guide-to-City
If you are visiting Crete this year or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit this website www.findstevencook.co.uk and learn about a good Red who needs your help.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2011, 09:45:47 am »
I just came on to post it too! Man United fan mate just sent it to me. GOT to be someone at City who's a United fan - or someone has hacked it - it's hilarious.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Bluffers-guide-to-City

When i was originally sent the link I thought exactly the same. It's like a United fan has won a competition to take the piss out of them on their own website

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »
When i was originally sent the link I thought exactly the same. It's like a United fan has won a competition to take the piss out of them on their own website

This has actually happened before. :) There was a thing on the website asking people what their first experience was with City and they select the best and put them up around the ground above the entrances. A Utd fan got one got through and it was in the stadium for around 3 months before someone noticed it.

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2011, 12:58:13 pm »
I think its real  :o
Y.N.W.A

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »
Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »
Awful stuff. On par with that Chelsea columninst seriously saying that being knocked out of the CL was a good thing because "he didn't want them to win at Wembley"

Offline danbylfc

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2011, 01:08:49 pm »
Twitter: @Stedanby

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:32 pm »
Brilliant!  ;D
Y.N.W.A

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:50 pm »
Jeez look at the bit about Dzeko bit harsh as he has just signed n all ;):

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:20 pm »
:lmao Embarrassing
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Bluffers-guide-to-City

I've just been sent that link. I don't know what to say.

An utter, utter embarrasment that. Genuinely. Wonder what their fans think of it? They are basically asking for glory hunters to start following them and telling them where to buy the new shirt while they are at it!

So embarrassing it's unbelievable.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:40 pm »
Its so cringeworthy its unreal. Shambolic
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »
This has actually happened before. :) There was a thing on the website asking people what their first experience was with City and they select the best and put them up around the ground above the entrances. A Utd fan got one got through and it was in the stadium for around 3 months before someone noticed it.
...and it said?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:56 pm »
...and it said?

Didn’t they vote to get one of the new stands named the Colin Bell End as well or was that an urban myth?

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »
...and it said?

Thats a trick question, i'll have a gander for it.

Commonly call us the 'Massives' and 'Bertie' is a character they made up in that fanzine they have, portraying him as bitter.

Didn’t they vote to get one of the new stands named the Colin Bell End as well or was that an urban myth?

Colin Bell stand. I'm no Bell-ender though :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:59:01 pm by mcfc1 »

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2011, 04:07:09 pm »
Thats a trick question, i'll have a gander for it.

Commonly call us the 'Massives' and 'Bertie' is a character they made up in that fanzine they have, portraying him as bitter.

Well that's hilarious. How do they think of them, eh?
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2011, 04:12:00 pm »
It must be pretty cringeworthy being a city fan.

Although I almost have a little like for doing the Poznan, but only when Lech do it :p
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Alpherah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2011, 05:52:27 pm »
Oh christ, if i was a City fan i think i'd end up watching another sport instead! Cringe or what.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »
Got to be a joke or something. Cringeworthy stuff right there...

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2011, 06:19:12 pm »
An utter, utter embarrasment that. Genuinely. Wonder what their fans think of it? They are basically asking for glory hunters to start following them and telling them where to buy the new shirt while they are at it!

You're right. It is embarrassing and it IS cringeworthy, BUT, its just what Manure were doing throughout the 1990's while they built up their power base. I thought that United fans were an embarrassment because of the commercialization that went on at Old Trafford. We could hold our heads up high because we were above all that shit. But, just look at them now (Ł1bn in debt) I know, however you cannot deny that they have been successful, while we have not and that is purely down to money.
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »
mcfc1 are you a poster on that bluemoon site? I just had a gander there, quite a few serious strange cases, special shout out to that "Dr Mick" fella in the Neil Lennon thread.......
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2011, 06:45:48 pm »
This club is the antithesis of what Liverpool represent! I detest everything that they stand for no heart no soul !

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:24 pm »
Its almost surreal that.

Just shows behind all the billions in oil money they will always always be a small time tin pot club.

I kind of pity them in all honesty.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »
I didnt need to read that shit on the site to know there a bunch of clueless, classless twats, gary cook made my mind up when he started spouting a bunch of shite.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »
Here's the editor justifying posting that 'guide'...

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Welcoming-debate

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:24 pm »
Here's the editor justifying posting that 'guide'...

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Welcoming-debate

I think I've spotted the problem:

"It was relying on the Mancunian sense-of-humour …"
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2011, 08:05:42 pm »
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2011, 08:13:14 pm »
Fucking cringeworthy that.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2011, 08:15:30 pm »
mcfc1 are you a poster on that bluemoon site? I just had a gander there, quite a few serious strange cases, special shout out to that "Dr Mick" fella in the Neil Lennon thread.......

Im Dr Mick  ;D I occasionally post on there, but tend to lurk more.

I didnt need to read that shit on the site to know there a bunch of clueless, classless twats, gary cook made my mind up when he started spouting a bunch of shite.

Irony.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:16 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »
"Champions League qualification and the FA Cup Final will mean hundreds of thousands of people will adopt the Blues as their chosen side"

So cringey.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:54 pm »
Would love to see them draw Bayern in the CL qualifiers and get absolutely battered

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »

Oh my goodness it's shameful.....why not just have a sign saying "glory hunters this way"?

It's a shame, because this isn't really man city.....the club has been somewhat lost and they could have kept the essence of the club and become bigger.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »
Im Dr Mick  ;D I occasionally post on there, but tend to lurk more.

Wow, your posts in that Celtic and Rangers thread are strange to say the least, pretty entertaining though I'll give you that.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »
Wow, your posts in that Celtic and Rangers thread are strange to say the least, pretty entertaining though I'll give you that.

It was meant as a joke, im not really Dr Mick. Only just read the post back, I should have made it clearer mate haha.  :-[

I haven't even been following that thread to be honest, but I know where it'll end up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:41:22 pm by mcfc1 »

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2011, 09:41:38 pm »
It was meant as a joke, im not really Dr Mick. Only just read the post back., I should have made it clearer mate haha.  :-[

I haven't even been following that thread to be honest, but I know where it'll end up.
Oh right sorry haha, I was wondering because you dont seem anything like him comparing posts on here and there. He seems absoloutely bonkers anyway and there seem to be quite a few, having said that I suppose you'll get that on most forums. ;D

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:03 pm »
"Champions League qualification and the FA Cup Final will mean hundreds of thousands of people will adopt the Blues as their chosen side"

So cringey.

But sadly probably true.

Seems they've forgotten about calling for Mancini's head not too long ago, too...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=208411345454&topic=12848
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2011, 09:52:27 pm »
But sadly probably true.

Seems they've forgotten about calling for Mancini's head not too long ago, too...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=208411345454&topic=12848

oh a random facebook group shows that they all want mancini out, ffs there was a 'sack rafa benitez' facebook group last season from a dick who ran another site, was that indicative of all liverpool fans at the time?