Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1517559 times)

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8800 on: May 3, 2019, 04:56:01 pm »
It was bad because we have a lot of idiots following us who don’t know how to behave in public!

It was only my second time travelling (Madrid in god knows when the first)

I enjoyed it, enjoyed the city, the weather, watched the game with locals in a bar and came home happy apart from the result of course

Will try and do a group game next season where there will be less idiots

Certainly none in Belgrade which was a great trip..... again apart from the result

Offline lucas leivas #1 fan

• Anny Roader
  • twitter: @Ciaran_CP
« Reply #8801 on: May 3, 2019, 05:07:07 pm »
the arl lads in front of me were more interested in throwing pistachio shells at other people in our end and factiming first (what I presume was) their bit on the side then their kids than the game of football going on in front of them
Follow me on Twitter: @Ciaran_CP

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8802 on: May 3, 2019, 05:40:16 pm »
Certainly none in Belgrade which was a great trip..... again apart from the result

yes hope to get something a bit more off the beaten track. just worked out with annual leave this one and i fancied a bit of sun of course!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8803 on: May 3, 2019, 05:40:44 pm »
the arl lads in front of me were more interested in throwing pistachio shells at other people in our end and factiming first (what I presume was) their bit on the side then their kids than the game of football going on in front of them

assume they didnt have the credits but paid the tout prices

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8804 on: May 3, 2019, 10:44:19 pm »
Bad euro away crowd this was.

Lots of peoples first trip.....

That's one of the reasons why I swerved but the main one was it was too close to getting home from Porto for me to put my graft in to get my dough together. Spanish bizzies was in there too. From the stuff I've seen on youtube and that all you needed was to put a few England tops on some of them and you'd have the full set. I call it Footie Tourism .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8805 on: May 3, 2019, 10:46:41 pm »

Apart from those yound lads starting off the Bobby song for the first time  ;)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: May 5, 2019, 11:32:31 am »
Blimey. Two aways on the trot up in the Gods! !How are the nose bleeds? Our lot came across loud and clear on the box.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8807 on: May 5, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
I was in the Gallowgate with the home support. It was so hard to not celebrate or show your emotions. I dare say the lads around me sussed I was a Red. Sadly, many Reds in the home sections didn’t show a degree of respect for the home support and got quite a few digs and were thrown out.

The lot in the corporate seats would have been lynched if they had been anywhere else in the ground rather than posh seats where no one could get at them.

That said, every Geordie I spoke to over the day wanted us to win the league rather than City.

I got chatting to a lad who was taking donations for their food banks. He was telling me that SOS had donated £250 earlier in the day 👍 The lad was a ST of many a year who won’t go whilst Ashley is there. He was going to check in his donations and toddle off home. Sad.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #8808 on: May 5, 2019, 01:00:51 pm »
I was in the Gallowgate with the home support. It was so hard to not celebrate or show your emotions. I dare say the lads around me sussed I was a Red. Sadly, many Reds in the home sections didn’t show a degree of respect for the home support and got quite a few digs and were thrown out.

The lot in the corporate seats would have been lynched if they had been anywhere else in the ground rather than posh seats where no one could get at them.

That said, every Geordie I spoke to over the day wanted us to win the league rather than City.

I got chatting to a lad who was taking donations for their food banks. He was telling me that SOS had donated £250 earlier in the day 👍 The lad was a ST of many a year who won’t go whilst Ashley is there. He was going to check in his donations and toddle off home. Sad.

Posh seats after we scored the 3rd ...

https://twitter.com/barpots/status/1124795724087083009?s=21

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8809 on: May 5, 2019, 01:20:55 pm »
Surprised we were heard that much on TV. Thought we were quite loud at times but people seemed nervous and that dampened it a bit. We were nervous in the second half after it went to 2-2 and Mo went off. You just wondered if that was the end of the road. Another season it would have been, but good on them. Great substitution as it turned out :D Though hope Mo is ok

Didn't hear any sound from our balcony section though, can't think why! ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8810 on: May 5, 2019, 01:22:52 pm »
The away fans have been brilliant as usual this season, well done to all involved!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8811 on: May 5, 2019, 03:36:25 pm »
..reds in the NUFC lounge...

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/qGuCmatO-6Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/qGuCmatO-6Y</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Tsunami

• Main Stander
« Reply #8812 on: May 5, 2019, 07:08:28 pm »

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/qGuCmatO-6Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/qGuCmatO-6Y</a>

Unbelievably Ashley/ the Club allowed Liverpool fans to purchase tickets for a section of the Platinum Club. Disgraceful by our club, I understand that some families left as they felt intimidated by a large group of away fans, a lot on the drink, in the most expensive part of the ground other than the boxes. I’ve no issue with these fans but our hierarchy have took the piss out of our ST holders in and around those seats.

Apparently the first the match stewards knew of it was the pre match briefing.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8813 on: May 5, 2019, 07:09:36 pm »

:lmao Blending in nicely.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #8814 on: May 5, 2019, 07:16:00 pm »
:lmao Blending in nicely.

Haha got to laugh at this clip, it's something you never get to see put it that way! Could you imagine the geordies in the posh seats, bet some of them secretly found it quite amusing,  a cut above the usual library like atmosphere in such class surrounding . No harm done, no offence caused, a few of our lads got in fair and square and enjoyed themselves accordingly!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8815 on: May 5, 2019, 07:27:18 pm »
I remember in the late 80s we took over the Norwich City Supporters Club a few times when I went there, but that's ridiculous at Newcastle. Actually in their ground. 😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8816 on: May 5, 2019, 09:42:04 pm »
Haha got to laugh at this clip, it's something you never get to see put it that way! Could you imagine the geordies in the posh seats, bet some of them secretly found it quite amusing,  a cut above the usual library like atmosphere in such class surrounding . No harm done, no offence caused, a few of our lads got in fair and square and enjoyed themselves accordingly!

Oh, trust me, big offence was caused. The lads around me in the Gallowgate would have taken matters into their own hands if they’d been able to.

They did, however, understand that their club, and in particular Ashley’s love of cash, are culpable in this episode.

My mind went back to a Celtic UEFA Cup game several years ago. There were loads of them in the Kemlyn. They behaved in the same way, some would say worse. I, and others near me, were sorely tempted to take matters into our own hands that day too. Thankfully, by that time, I’d learnt the errors of previous such indiscretions, and merely turned the other cheek  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8817 on: May 5, 2019, 09:44:01 pm »
My mind went back to a Celtic UEFA Cup game several years ago. There were loads of them in the Kemlyn. They behaved in the same way, some would say worse. I, and others near me, were sorely tempted to take matters into our own hands that day too. Thankfully, by that time, I’d learnt the errors of previous such indiscretions, and merely turned the other cheek  ;D

Away euro fans are always in the middle of the Upper Centenary. Think the club has to provide a certain amount of corp/hospitality type tickets and that’s where they plonk them. Including when we’ve played the likes of Chelsea.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8818 on: May 5, 2019, 10:43:42 pm »
It was the Lower and it was nothing to do with Corporate tickets.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: May 5, 2019, 11:43:20 pm »

I was in the main stand for that game and surrounded by Celtic fans. They weren't shy about celebrating but no bother really, we shook their hands at the final whistle. Just rubbish that our own fans had obviously sold their tickets on, which is what's happened here too.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #8820 on: May 6, 2019, 07:31:00 am »
Maybe if Newcastle gave us our full allocation, this sort if thing, and also the many fans in the other parts of he ground might not happen.  There were bucket loads of empty seats in the away end.  I know some will stand with mates elsewhere, and I know there will be some no shows (bring back the exchange 😊) but where I was stood actually felt sparcely populated.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: May 6, 2019, 08:49:54 am »
I can understand why Newcastle fans would be pissed off. If that was Anfield and a bunch of opposition fans were openly jumping around in the home end after a 88th minute winner, I think we'd be the same. The Hospitality areas at St.James's are apparently always dual use, but club colours are banned. I think it's just the combination of a night time saturday kick-off in a City known for it's welcoming drinking culture on a Bank Holiday weekend when a bunch of travelling fans will have been sat on coaches for 4 hours or so made it an almost certainty some shenanigans might happen. Add in the fact that when the tickets went on sale there was a chance we could have claimed the title this weekend (pending the correct results) and there's no way you couldn't have foreseen that Reds would do anything to get in the stadium, correct end or not. I hope they don't crack down too hard on the geordies who sold the tickets to our lads and lasses, the temptation to make some money back after a season of paying out in a dead rubber for Newcastle is understandable.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: May 6, 2019, 09:45:09 am »
Might be a nice idea to start any discussion for them to put the away fans pitch side as every other club has to do.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8823 on: May 6, 2019, 10:13:00 am »
Might be a nice idea to start any discussion for them to put the away fans pitch side as every other club has to do.
We were saying that at the match. Why have a rule if you don't enforce it. 3 seasons and we are still up in the Gods. Given we walk with their fans to the turnstiles, they have no excuse. We could be just below where we are now for a start.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8824 on: May 6, 2019, 10:26:32 am »
Away euro fans are always in the middle of the Upper Centenary. Think the club has to provide a certain amount of corp/hospitality type tickets and that’s where they plonk them. Including when we’ve played the likes of Chelsea.

There were Celtic fans all over the ground that night. I was in 202 on the Kop and could see a few near us. But when they scored it was unbelievable how many of them were celebrating in all 4 stands. I’d say there was more in the home end than in the away end.

Ridiculous that they still get away with this on safety grounds. Coming out of the away end on Saturday there was a welcoming committee of young Geordies not too pleased with us singing ‘Liverpool top of the league’. Don’t see how putting us lower down would make any difference.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: May 6, 2019, 11:24:50 am »
We were saying that at the match. Why have a rule if you don't enforce it. 3 seasons and we are still up in the Gods. Given we walk with their fans to the turnstiles, they have no excuse. We could be just below where we are now for a start.

They gave clubs time to sort it, I think thats up this season...maybe Newcastle didn't think the would still be in PL now?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: May 6, 2019, 11:38:36 am »
Just found this. But it doesn't say why exactly. Just makes the "rule" pointless and redundant

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-confirm-away-fans-not-14386184
https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/premier-league-fails-to-enforce-away-fan-rule-at-newcastle

So Newcastle have been given an indefinite exemption. That’s a bloody joke.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8828 on: May 6, 2019, 11:48:19 am »
Yep, unless the situation has changed since last year. And no detail as to why. No point in the rule then ::)

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/03/newcastle-united-official-statement-confirms-away-fans-situation/
« Last Edit: May 6, 2019, 11:51:13 am by Shanklygates »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8829 on: May 6, 2019, 12:40:07 pm »
Unbelievably Ashley/ the Club allowed Liverpool fans to purchase tickets for a section of the Platinum Club. Disgraceful by our club, I understand that some families left as they felt intimidated by a large group of away fans, a lot on the drink, in the most expensive part of the ground other than the boxes. I’ve no issue with these fans but our hierarchy have took the piss out of our ST holders in and around those seats.

Apparently the first the match stewards knew of it was the pre match briefing.

Did any leave when your c*nt fans were singing murderers, or physically attacking people for celebrating a goal? Or did they only leave because of a few lads singing?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8830 on: May 6, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »
Did any leave when your c*nt fans were singing murderers, or physically attacking people for celebrating a goal? Or did they only leave because of a few lads singing?

Is right!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #8831 on: May 6, 2019, 01:12:40 pm »
So Newcastle have been given an indefinite exemption. That’s a bloody joke.
So the rule is bullshit cause as far as I can see Newcastle are the only club it affected as every other club is either one tier or has pitch side anyway.Sunderland are the only other club I can think of that it might affect and if they ever get back in the PL I bet they get a permanent exemption like Newcastle.
Kenny Godglish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8832 on: May 6, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
It's gamesmanship and gives them an unfair advantage. Hiding the away support. The suits at the FA need to  force them to change their policy - end of. Whether or not that happens is another matter.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8833 on: May 6, 2019, 02:23:52 pm »
Oh, trust me, big offence was caused. The lads around me in the Gallowgate would have taken matters into their own hands if they’d been able to.

They did, however, understand that their club, and in particular Ashley’s love of cash, are culpable in this episode.

I remember that too, was in the Paddock for that game. It's part of the reason I despise Celtic to this day  ;D Couldn't be doing with the fact that a) they where allowed to snag all those tickets with no repercussions, and b) they didn't hide their affiliation and c) they where absolute pricks.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #8834 on: May 6, 2019, 02:31:20 pm »
I remember that too, was in the Paddock for that game. It's part of the reason I despise Celtic to this day  ;D Couldn't be doing with the fact that a) they where allowed to snag all those tickets with no repercussions, and b) they didn't hide their affiliation and c) they where absolute pricks.
was in the lower anny that night , the 2 rows in front of me and 1 behind were full of celtic fans, dancing on seats , full blown in your face, the lot
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8835 on: May 6, 2019, 03:06:28 pm »
From memory, a Celtic fan was killed that night whilst trying to run across 4 lanes of traffic at the end of Scottie Road, outside the University.

I think the problem with Celtic being all around the ground was that, in those days, we didn’t sell out home UEFA Cup games which is why Celtic ended up with loads of tickets.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8836 on: May 6, 2019, 03:42:45 pm »
Was this the 2003 game they won?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #8837 on: May 6, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »
Was this the 2003 game they won?
Yep, John Hartson scored a screamer.

I was the same, knew there was a few around me in the Kop but couldn`t believe how many were in every part of the ground which became apparent when they scored.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8838 on: May 6, 2019, 08:23:24 pm »
From memory, a Celtic fan was killed that night whilst trying to run across 4 lanes of traffic at the end of Scottie Road, outside the University.

I think the problem with Celtic being all around the ground was that, in those days, we didn’t sell out home UEFA Cup games which is why Celtic ended up with loads of tickets.

I think the problem was back then you had touts asking people for their ticket stubs back then and them quite happily handing them over. Also demand for midweeks was nowhere near what it is now.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8839 on: May 7, 2019, 12:53:56 pm »
I think the problem was back then you had touts asking people for their ticket stubs back then and them quite happily handing them over. Also demand for midweeks was nowhere near what it is now.

From memory, you only needed 2 or 3 stubs to be guaranteed a ticket. And we had already played in 5 home games.
It was before credits were on your account, they used to stamp a hole in the stub as being used for that game.

So if you had been all the games, between 3 mates you had 15 stubs. So you could get 5 tickets by dividing the stubs up in the right way. I remember this, as this is exactly what we did between 3 of us, but the pair of spares went to mates we knew, not Celtic.
People were doing this and selling them on or swapping with Celtic supporters for the away leg. There were a lot of reds in their end at the first leg too.