Author Topic: Echo story: touts selling hillsborough memorial tickets as match tickets...  (Read 1207 times)

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
Cant grab the link off ipad but im gonna copy and paste this:

Ticket touts made hundreds of pounds selling tickets for the Hillsborough memorial service as match tickets.

Memorial service tickets, available for free ahead of the 25th anniversary on April 15, were sold on for about £100 each before Sunday's match against Swansea at Anfield .

Unscrupulous touts tampered with them to make them look as if they were genuine tickets for the fixture.

Chairwoman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group Margaret Aspinall branded the fraudsters "disgraceful".

She said: "It is upsetting for everybody that people are trying to make profit out of memorial tickets.

"They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
"They are not genuine supporters, genuine supporters would not do anything like that.

"It has been very upsetting for the families and very upsetting for the fans.

"All I can say now is please, please, if you know anybody involved in this please come forward and let us know.

"It's important this does not happen ever again."

The ECHO understands about 10 of the tickets were sold on for about £100 each.

Steve Kelly, from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC), said Anfield stewards had told campaigners in the HJC shop about problems with the tickets.

He said: "I didn't witness anyone buying them but the stewards came in to tell us about it.

"We heard the tickets were being sold on for about £100 each.

"People are just dismayed. It's hard to have a real take on it because you just don't think people will stoop to that level.

"These people could have made £1,000 selling these tickets - all off the back of the disaster.

"I hope they sleep on that tonight."

He added: "At the shop we always warn people, particularly if they're not from the city, only to buy tickets from official sources and we will be making sure we make people aware of this."

An official LFC spokesman said: "Supporters should only buy tickets through official channels and we regularly remind fans about the dangers of purchasing from touts and others.

"The technology deployed at our turnstiles will refuse entry to anyone without an official ticket.

"We find it disgraceful that anyone would consider using the tickets, allocated to those who wish to attend a memorial service to remember the 96 Liverpool supporters who so tragically lost their lives at Hillsborough, for illegal gain."

How can people do shit like that?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No words.  :no    C*nts.

I did notice this year though, when I went to the ticket office for memorial tickets last week, that they have limited the tickets to 4 apeice, and they must be registered against a seasie/membership/fancard.

Presumably it's upto 4 per card, and the tickets do have serial numbers of a sort.

I don't think the serial numbers are recorded against the purchasing card though, as the numbers are just for letting them know how many tickets have been collected, to guage how many stands they would have to open on the day etc.

As an example, the memorial tickets I have are in the 16,000 region.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Shameful.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Absolutely disgraceful behavior.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline WorriedForTheLads

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Who was stupid enough to buy them?