Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 966653 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #800 on: December 28, 2019, 10:39:00 am »
You're right about our one-touch control being superior.

But that's developed in youth. If it was coaching, we'd never have to buy a player. "Natural talent" is a thing. We've been very good in selecting and retaining good one-touch players, and releasing players who might not have been good at it, and were ponderous on the ball for the most part. It's one of the differences between Klopp and Pep. All players who play for Guardiola have to be able to dribble. All players who play for Klopp have to be quick thinkers and decision-makers. Decision-making is the first thing needed to be able to play one-touch football. We've been very good at bringing in quick decision-makers.
you could argue that decision making is one of the most significant components of being a top player,  good decision making can make up for lack of skill/ability.  Skill and ability allied with good decision making is what makes players stand out. (in my humble opinion)
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:08 am »
Can we please work on getting a decent Jurgen Klopp song!!! We’ve got some brilliant ones for the players but our Managers song is shite.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #802 on: December 28, 2019, 10:53:28 am »
Can we please work on getting a decent Jurgen Klopp song!!! We’ve got some brilliant ones for the players but our Managers song is shite.
Yep, been thinking that for a while. I loved the Rafa one, need something as powerful as that one.

Jurgen makes my under carriage moist and that in itself is a reason for a great song.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 28, 2019, 11:56:50 am »
Ole, ole, ole, ole
Jürgen Klopp, Klopp, Klopp

Ad infinitum to the tune of feeling hot.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: December 29, 2019, 07:20:15 am »
Ole, ole, ole, ole

Only if we can change the "Ole's" to "Allez"  ;)

Offline Izzy

• Main Stander
« Reply #805 on: December 29, 2019, 09:49:59 am »
Hi guys. Lifelong red, Long time reader, first time poster. When i saw this just HAD to make an account to post this link. Im so happy klopp isnt as insane as this guy and neither does he pander to the cameras so much

https://twitter.com/jonnygabriel/status/1030757602328604673?s=21

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 29, 2019, 10:01:04 am »
Ole, ole, ole, ole

Surely there's a moratorium on the word "ole" for a few months at least.   :-X

Offline Izzy

• Main Stander
« Reply #807 on: December 29, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
Lets talk about klopp baby
He Came from ger-ma-ny
After all the bad times
We got the good times
Lets talk about klopp baby

To the tune of lets talk about sex baby

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2019, 10:04:59 am »
I got recommended a video on YouTube the other day, of Klopps leaving speech at Dortmund.
It made me sick to the very bottom of my stomach.
That’ll be us one day.
Imagine if he then goes and sleeps with someone else.
Happy new year guys.

Offline Boston Reynard

• Boys Pen
« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2019, 11:39:25 am »
Finally got my RAWK sign up done! Felt that my first post needs to go here. Also hello to all the Reds fans and greetings from Finland :wave

It seems like every time there is a possibility, debate or whatever on how Liverpool could fall apart, because of injuries or possible good form of other teams etc., Klopp and co. manage to find the right formula for wins. Or simply just not losing. I love the man to bits, as well as the whole team. :scarf

The first half of the 19/20 PL season 0 - 10 Liverpool F.C. & Klopp

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2019, 09:42:44 pm »
I see Jurgen has now achieved a 60% win ratio as Reds manager, remarkable!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._managers
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2019, 09:45:17 pm »

Wow. He’ll be at an unprecedented 61% you’d think at some point too

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2019, 11:44:57 pm »

That's actually quite dumbfounding looking at that list..

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #813 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:22 am »
He's like Coach Carter. First and foremost, he made us run, run more than anyone else. He made us fitter, so that we could do it for the full 90.

Jokes aside, our players rue the pre-season because he works them to the bone but they have reaped the rewards seeing how much more they can endure over the season. He's not only ensuring we have great seasons here, but these players will have longer careers because of how well they are taken care of and educated about taking care of themselves. He values their health so highly, wherein in the past you'd see managers rush players back from injuries or not allow bedding time for new signings but with Klopp, you get a proper patient approach to get to the level you need to be.
Running dem laps?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: December 30, 2019, 12:21:35 pm »
For me he's the manager of this decade and by some distance

He's help create two legendary outfits in this decade while working on a modest transfer budget, obviously he's had great assistance from the scouting staff at both clubs but you still need to get the results on the pitch at the end of the day.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: December 31, 2019, 03:00:42 pm »
"It is not for sure that we will win it. We have a chance obviously. We've created a good base so far, but we have to fight in each game like crazy. Nothing is easy for us."

EDITOR'S PICKS

Liverpool by the numbers: Can they keep pace to win Premier League?

It's a matter of when, not if, Liverpool win the league

ESPN FC 100: Liverpool, Man City dominate our ranking of world's best soccer players
But are the fans too scared of something going wrong to even dare mention their desire to see the Premier League trophy hoisted aloft by captain Jordan Henderson next May?

"No, no, no, people tell me that constantly," Klopp said. "When I see them, they constantly tell me that. But the only thing what I can say is 'I try' or 'we try.' I cannot promise more. That's how it is.

"When I became champion with Dortmund, it was always the same question. It's always about 'come on, do you want to be champion?' Of course you want to be champion. 'But will you be champion?' I don't know. It's not interesting to me until we are."

One thing that is certain amid all the nervous tension, however, is that no Liverpool supporter would rather have anyone else leading their title charge than Klopp. The 52-year-old German, who ended Borussia Dortmund's nine-year wait for a Bundesliga title back in 2010-11, has become the coach that every other club would dream to have since succeeding Brendan Rodgers at Anfield in Oct 2015. Pep Guardiola might have more trophies on the board than Klopp, but nobody connects to their club's supporters quite like Klopp, and it's difficult to argue that even Guardiola's City have been a more exciting, scintillating team than the current Liverpool side.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4022942/jurgen-klopp-exclusive-liverpools-desire-to-win-trophies-is-immense

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: December 31, 2019, 03:21:50 pm »
Only if we can change the "Ole's" to "Allez"  ;)

haha! Yeah, I should've thought of that.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: December 31, 2019, 06:59:46 pm »

What, your joking aren't you?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/spPKhuJ8kC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/spPKhuJ8kC4</a>
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 31, 2019, 07:01:34 pm »
Apologies if already posted.

Jürgen Klopp and Arsene Wenger 🔥FULL Interview Arsene Wenger compares Salah to Messi

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/lEePaRHsJD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/lEePaRHsJD0</a>

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #819 on: December 31, 2019, 09:36:32 pm »
Apologies if already posted.

Jürgen Klopp and Arsene Wenger 🔥FULL Interview Arsene Wenger compares Salah to Messi

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/lEePaRHsJD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/lEePaRHsJD0</a>
Thanks for posting, that was brilliant. Two giants of the game and a polite, interested interviewer. Wenger rocking the slick clobber (that suit with those trabs), Klopp looking like he's just rolled out of a hammock. Perfect.

Almost had a tear in my eye when Kloppo said he signed a new contract because he felt responsible for the club and its future and wanted to be there to sort out any problems that might arise. I don't think it's possible to love a guy more.

I liked what Wenger said about how for a manager it's now like having to manage two teams - the players, and all the ancilliary staff. And how he feels they left their soul behind at Highbury. One for the Ev to think about there...

In other news...

Wenger: Mo Salah has become a complete player and has shades of Messi
Some Liverpool fans: Meh he missed a few chances, drop him. I'd sell him this summer.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #820 on: January 3, 2020, 11:04:12 am »
he only had to deal with the experience of coaching a team full of free transfers that no other team wanted  ;D

His work at Mainz is so under-appreciated to this day, so many seriouisly have no idea of what he did there. All you hear (mainly from Mancs trying to compare Solskjaer to him) is 'he got Mainz relegated'. It's crazy. The job he did there was utterly ridiculous. Squads scraped together on frees, for a team who paid the lowest wages in the 2nd division. He and Christian Heidel literally would just phone up players trying to persuade them to sign, only to be laughed at when the talk turned to wages. It was just crazy what they achieved. 
Hi guys, I assume this is revealed on one of the books on Klopp. Which one is it? I would very much like to read about this.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #821 on: January 3, 2020, 12:03:10 pm »
Hi guys, I assume this is revealed on one of the books on Klopp. Which one is it? I would very much like to read about this.

not sure to be honest! It may be in Raph Honigstein's book, but I could have just read years ago in an interview with either Kloppo or Christian Heidel, from before he came here. If I stumble across it I'll let you know, I read all kinds of stuff and some snippets stick, and some don't  ;D

Klopp has said since being here often when talking about his appreciation of the staff at the club,  he remembers the days when he did the job of multiple people. Cos Mainz had no big network of scouts, or negotiators etc, it was him as head coach with his sporting director who did the job of these people. A great learning curve.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #822 on: January 3, 2020, 02:49:07 pm »
not sure to be honest! It may be in Raph Honigstein's book, but I could have just read years ago in an interview with either Kloppo or Christian Heidel, from before he came here. If I stumble across it I'll let you know, I read all kinds of stuff and some snippets stick, and some don't  ;D

Klopp has said since being here often when talking about his appreciation of the staff at the club,  he remembers the days when he did the job of multiple people. Cos Mainz had no big network of scouts, or negotiators etc, it was him as head coach with his sporting director who did the job of these people. A great learning curve.
In fact, to begin with the idea was for the Mainz squad to 'manage itself', with everyone chipping in, and Klopp as the figurehead and someone to put before the media. He very quickly showed that he was a manager and coach and leader of men in his own right. The rest, as they say, is his story.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #823 on: January 4, 2020, 07:36:47 am »
Jurgen needs to do a charity hug day. £10 a pop and the queue would be right round Stanley Park. Half to a charity of his choice and half to the city’s biggest current charity case — the Bitters.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #824 on: January 4, 2020, 08:06:22 am »
Jurgen needs to do a charity hug day. £10 a pop and the queue would be right round Stanley Park. Half to a charity of his choice and half to the city’s biggest current charity case — the Bitters.
Start it off with a photo opp with Origi?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #825 on: January 5, 2020, 06:04:53 pm »
What a man. Basically rested the first 11 and made Everton a joke.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: January 5, 2020, 06:06:53 pm »
Loved how much Kloppo enjoys these games. He was just smiling and taking it all in that last 20 minutes  8)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #827 on: January 5, 2020, 06:07:19 pm »
He’s instilled a proper mentality in the club from top to bottom. Brilliant.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #828 on: January 5, 2020, 06:36:34 pm »
Loved how much Kloppo enjoys these games. He was just smiling and taking it all in that last 20 minutes  8)
Especially with a few minutes left when he instructed them to keep the ball. It reminded me of Rafa's all-over gesture at 2-0...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: January 5, 2020, 06:38:39 pm »
He hugged Harvey Elliott like he was his own kid.  ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: January 5, 2020, 07:45:18 pm »
After the goal he was giving Jones some serious instructions. Who does he think he is - Rafa? Haha.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: January 5, 2020, 08:20:31 pm »
Fucking genius.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 5, 2020, 08:39:00 pm »
He hugged Harvey Elliott like he was his own kid.  ;D

tbf he hugs all the players like that. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: January 5, 2020, 08:44:21 pm »
Kloppo going off on one when somebody behind the benches returned the ball quickly when it went into the stand near the end.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #834 on: January 5, 2020, 09:22:11 pm »
The last time a Klopp team deteriorated after half time was probably in the UEFA Cup Final v Seville.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: January 5, 2020, 09:24:18 pm »
I know he's just signed a contract extension but can we offer him another, please? One with the expiry date of NEVER.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #836 on: January 5, 2020, 09:35:36 pm »
The last time a Klopp team deteriorated after half time was probably in the UEFA Cup Final v Seville.

That is a really good point. Top coaches assess the situation and adjust accordingly. Today was a perfect example. They were getting joy on the counter down our left hand side first half. Half time comes and we shifted the midfield over to the left slightly but more importantly pressed better and then looked after the ball better. 

There is a reason Jurgen hasn't lost a two legged European tie since he arrived. He learns and adapts so well.

As for the Game v Sevilla I hate to blame individuals but Moreno had a complete meltdown. Where is he now, not getting a game for mid table Villareal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: January 6, 2020, 12:08:27 am »
Robert Lewandowski talking about Kloppo:

“I joined Dortmund as a young player and initially it wasn’t easy,” he told Polish publication Prawda Futbolu. “Obviously Jürgen wasn’t my dad, but in different ways he sort of adopted that role. He was one of the main factors behind my development and he opened the door to the big wide world of football for me.”

“He’s got charisma and knows how to create the right atmosphere in a team,” Lewandowski continued. “On top of that, he’s able to find the right balance between fun and more serious criticism. He’s a coach you’d run through fire for.”

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #838 on: January 6, 2020, 09:27:47 am »
Kloppo going off on one when somebody behind the benches returned the ball quickly when it went into the stand near the end.
That’s great. Gotta love him. I stand corrected from the match day thread. I thought he was pissed off that someone kept it as the ref might add more time on! Even better this way though ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: January 10, 2020, 10:55:20 pm »
“I am 100% normal, nothing special,” Klopp said. “This morning, for instance, I woke up, went into the kitchen, made a coffee for my missus, a tea for myself and gave the dog some food. Maybe Pep Guardiola was doing the same, I don’t know. I don’t know if I have any special talent for management either; I just know that I am busy, I am interested, and I have sensational people around me."

More here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/10/klopp-liverpool-tottenham-record-start