Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 9 February - 11 February  (Read 45997 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Premier League Fixtures 9 February - 11 February
« Reply #1280 on: February 10, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »
Shambolic from Chelsea.  As for the oil cheats, one of the reasons why GD was never an issue because they are better than us at racking up big scores when in the ascendency.

That said, they only get 3 points for today.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1281 on: February 10, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »
Fucking hell. It's set up nicely for Solskjaer and United to utterly derail our season.  :no

a. No
b. Why not United derailing City a bit later on
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1282 on: February 10, 2019, 06:21:29 pm »
Fucking hell. It's set up nicely for Solskjaer and United to utterly derail our season.  :no

We'd be 2nd level on points with 1st. That's not much of an utter derailing is it?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1283 on: February 10, 2019, 06:22:46 pm »
So Sarri been interviewed yet?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1284 on: February 10, 2019, 06:33:08 pm »
Hardly when hiding in the Chelsea bus

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1285 on: February 10, 2019, 06:35:01 pm »

Maybe the Chelsea players should do the interview themselves. Since none of them exactly asserted themselves today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: February 10, 2019, 06:36:42 pm »
To breeze past arsenal, Everton and Chelsea in the space of a week is a bit of a statement. We have to make ours against Utd at old Trafford. As someone also said up there it’s written in the stars for ole Gunnar to try and print his name on that job. Tough match ahead, we have to be at our very best

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: February 10, 2019, 06:37:18 pm »
On sky now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:26 pm »
On sky now

They will be brutal on him, glad I'm not watching.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: February 10, 2019, 06:40:54 pm »
To breeze past arsenal, Everton and Chelsea in the space of a week is a bit of a statement. We have to make ours against Utd at old Trafford. As someone also said up there it’s written in the stars for ole Gunnar to try and print his name on that job. Tough match ahead, we have to be at our very best

to be honest all three are absolutely shit. Arsenal and Chelsea aren't the decent sides of yesteryear and Everton are just an irrelevant midtable team - the only reason our games against them are as tight as they are is because it's a derby and their cup final - from a City point of view though they're not even a speed bump let alone an obstacle.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: February 10, 2019, 06:41:26 pm »
They will be brutal on him, glad I'm not watching.

Cringeworthy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: February 10, 2019, 06:45:29 pm »

Is it? Arsenal have a new manager so are unpredictable, Everton are in freefall at the moment and well Chelsea are pretty much the same. Taking that into account its probably not a surprise that City of all teams, have managed to win all three. Something else has to be pointed out to stay in the title race they have to win pretty much every game they play.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: February 10, 2019, 06:48:08 pm »

As was losing to Newcastle,Palace and Leicester.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: February 10, 2019, 06:52:29 pm »
Huge week for City this. Theyre a remarkable team. The fact they're only ahead of us on GD and have played a game more just highlights how incredible our form has been this season
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: February 10, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
Is it? Arsenal have a new manager so are unpredictable, Everton are in freefall at the moment and well Chelsea are pretty much the same. Taking that into account its probably not a surprise that City of all teams, have managed to win all three. Something else has to be pointed out to stay in the title race they have to win pretty much every game they play.

Bournemouth breezed past Chelsea too.

It's no surprise Man City are blowing some teams away but they also lost to Newcastle 10 days ago. We ha a bit of a wobble but we shouldn't get too hung up on them or Tottenham, those teams and us will still drop points between now and the end of the season and I want them to lose a lot more but ultimately we just need to focus on ourselves and try not to worry about them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1295 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:06 pm »
The thing is, losing like this to City massively dents their chances of qualifying for the CL. Their players have done the usual thing of throwing a tantrum and they won't start playing again until a new manager is installed. So imagine caring so much about Liverpool that they'd rather their own club fails than we win the league! Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? I wouldn't give Chelsea even the tiniest thought, in fact, even if United or Everton were looking like winning the league, I still wouldn't care.

Sometimes it hits me how lucky I am to have grown up supporting Liverpool. I can't even fathom what it would be like supporting a team like Chelsea or City or Everton, where your mentality is so small-time that your favourite part of football is seeing another club fail. One of the reasons they hate Liverpool so much is because our fans really, really enjoy seeing our own club succeed. We're eternal optimists and if Liverpool win a trophy (or even if they just come close) it gets celebrated in the most joyous, visceral way. They're so worried about "never hearing the end of it" if we win the league this year that they're actively willing their own teams to lose. I think it's odd, Liverpool fans are the only set of support in the country that go to away games and just sing about their own club (United and Everton games excepted, and even then it's not even close to what those sets of fans sing). You won't hear such tiresome 'bantz' as 'Your support is fucking shit' or 'This is a library' coming from the travelling Kop. We don't sing about their past failures, we don't sing about poverty in their city, we don't sing about their teams potentially getting relegated - yet they hate us. The BBC published an article called 'Do neutral fans not want Liverpool to win the league, or is it just a social media myth?' a month ago and the best quote in the whole thing was this:

"Samuel Mooney, Nottingham Forest fan: I'd love to see them win it. Their fans don't bother me, they're just passionate and they believe in their team. The fact so many people hate them for their optimism is so typically English!"

I think he hit the nail on the head. God forbid a set of support might be optimistic or supportive or passionate. God forbid we give our team bus a welcome or sing 'and now you're gonna believe us'. God forbid that we care about seeing our own team do well. Frankly, even if we win nothing for the next thirty years I'd rather approach life with the attitude of a Liverpool fan than the attitude of a Chelsea fan. They deserve everything they get.

Is fucking right, lad. :thumbup

More of this kind of stuff please. Love the bits in bold, in particular
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: February 10, 2019, 07:07:51 pm »
One big problem for City in trying to win the league this season

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: February 10, 2019, 07:08:27 pm »

Is right, come on you Redmen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1298 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:13 pm »

Agreed :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1299 on: February 10, 2019, 07:21:11 pm »
Agreed :(

The state of it. Hasn’t he grown into his looks?

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:09 pm »
Huge week for City this. Theyre a remarkable team. The fact they're only ahead of us on GD and have played a game more just highlights how incredible our form has been this season
Erm, they are nowt special      :P

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1301 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »

Well, for me, I don't think we've been at our best this year yet. The defence got better but I think we were better up front last year.

That suggests we have more in the tank and yesterday looked a bit more like that.

Just tell me one team we have to play who we can't beat, that's all that matters, start with United and nothing city does matters.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: February 10, 2019, 07:38:25 pm »
Listening to 606 and shit like that you'd think City won the league today. All of the chatter on there "can anyone stop them", "will they win it by 10 points" - they're joint top having played a game more...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: February 10, 2019, 08:37:15 pm »
Well, for me, I don't think we've been at our best this year yet. The defence got better but I think we were better up front last year.

That suggests we have more in the tank and yesterday looked a bit more like that.

Just tell me one team we have to play who we can't beat, that's all that matters, start with United and nothing city does matters.

I've been wondering this for a bit now, has Klopp been holding them back ready for the final push?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: February 10, 2019, 08:40:20 pm »
The fact that so few ‘neutrals’ have any liking for us will make it all the sweeter if we win it. The fact that City are the PR arm of a ruthless, corrupt regime is lost on so many who can’t educate themselves.

It says as much about the state of this country as Sunderland car workers supporting Boris, JRM, Gove and the rest with Brexit.

Fachtz®

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »
The thing is, losing like this to City massively dents [...]

:wellin :wellin :wellin :thumbup

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1306 on: February 10, 2019, 09:09:04 pm »
Utd will up their game against us and piss their pants against City guaranteed, fans come on here every year and say I can’t wait to play Utd at their ground a wipe the floor with them and every we come away with nothing, I can’t remember the last we beat Utd away, I know it comes across as being negative, but it’s true, I hate this fixture.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: February 10, 2019, 09:13:06 pm »
Utd will up their game against us and piss their pants against City guaranteed, fans come on here every year and say I can’t wait to play Utd at their ground a wipe the floor with them and every we come away with nothing, I can’t remember the last we beat Utd away, I know it comes across as being negative, but it’s true, I hate this fixture.

The last time we beat them over there, we were going for the title and they were occupied with fighting for the 4th place trophy.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1308 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:05 pm »

Never forget the Doss...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:53 pm »
I've been wondering this for a bit now, has Klopp been holding them back ready for the final push?

Very interesting point.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1310 on: February 10, 2019, 09:34:17 pm »
Utd will up their game against us and TRY to revenge their loss, but it will matter not a jot- we'll make a right example of them.
Ole's yet to show any sort of tactical "nous". At the highest level, it's about tactics- not how attacking you are and judging by Ole's comments up to now- he thinks it's just a matter of "letting them play". Klopp will just come up with a tactic and they will hit their head against that wall time and again- attacking play totally nullified and all, while we play our game.

They're still in the new manager bounce- where they're running on optimism and hope- fuelling their form.

It's gunna be a massacre.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:38:42 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:00 pm »
Utd will up their game against us and TRY to revenge their loss, but it will matter not a jot- we'll make a right example of them.
Ole's yet to show any sort of tactical "nous". At the highest level, it's about tactics- not how attacking you are and judging by Ole's comments up to now- he thinks it's just a matter of "letting them play".

Naw, he's doing well let's be fair.  But if we turn up with the right mindset, and get at them with the sort of flair we showed for our 3rd yesterday, then we can absolutely go there and win.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: February 10, 2019, 09:40:43 pm »
Listening to 606 and shit like that you'd think City won the league today. All of the chatter on there "can anyone stop them", "will they win it by 10 points" - they're joint top having played a game more...

They seem very good at forgetting we have a game in hand over them.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1313 on: February 10, 2019, 09:41:13 pm »
Naw, he's doing well let's be fair.  But if we turn up with the right mindset, and get at them with the sort of flair we showed for our 3rd yesterday, then we can absolutely go there and win.

A combination of the new manager bounce and fodder for opponents- where you don't need tactics or have to find a way to win or squeeze yourself a bit. We're gunna spank them.

They've also had plenty in reserve- seeing as their players downed tools early in the season and couldn't be arsed (ala Hazard), so now they're fit as a fiddle an everyone else is having a form dip, cause they actually tried to win games all season- even the fodder. United coasted all season until Mourinho was sacked and then they decided to turn up. They didn't have to stretch themselves.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:46:11 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:16 pm »
Ole's yet to show any sort of tactical "nous". At the highest level, it's about tactics- not how attacking you are and judging by Ole's comments up to now- he thinks it's just a matter of "letting them play". Klopp will just come up with a tactic and they will hit their head against that wall time and again- attacking play totally nullified and all, while we play our game.

They're still in the new manager bounce- where they're running on optimism and hope- fuelling their form.

Yep they don't press or doing anything remotely tactically modern, as soon as they get the ball they give it to the front 3 as quick as possible, they are just direct with balls over the top.

Last time we played them, we played with a lob sided formation where Robertson was given free rein to bomb forward on the overlap, i expect Klopp and his cohorts to come up with another tactical plan against them.

We're going there to win and win comfortably and make a  massive statement.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1315 on: February 10, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
Yep they don't press or doing anything remotely tactically modern, as soon as they get the ball they give it to the front 3 as quick as possible, they are just direct with balls over the top.

Last time we played them, we played with a lob sided formation where Robertson was given free rein to bomb forward on the overlap, i expect Klopp and his cohorts to come up with another tactical plan against them.

Agree mate. At the moment, it's just quality in attack that sets them apart- from the usual "smaller" teams. What you would expect really.
The manager has not been tested yet. Spurs don't count as they had a bit of a form dip at the time and Utd won it narrowly, with De Gea giving a vintage account of himself. Spurs could've had 6/7 that day if it wasn't for him.

Apart from Spurs(who breached that defense multiple times) - it has not really been tested. It's still the same defense that leaked goals early in the season.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:57:55 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: February 10, 2019, 09:52:31 pm »

Well I seriously hope you're right. This looks like the biggest test we've got left.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #1317 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:37 pm »
We just have to be careful of lob merchant Pogba.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1318 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:09 pm »
We just have to be careful of lob merchant Pogba.
And diver, Ashley Young.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: February 10, 2019, 11:49:54 pm »
This.
City's potential stumbling blocks has been swept aside with ease. Reason why pundits are placing them as favourite.

We have to make our own statement. Without that, we will not be seen as a potential  champion at this stage of the season and put the pressure on City.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?