Author Topic: ANNE - 4pt drama 2nd-5th Jan 2022 ITV // UNFINISHED BUSINESS Documentary 6th Jan  (Read 17049 times)

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I watched the first episode on catch up last night. Couldn’t stop crying from the moment the Williams family realised something had happened at the game.

I was lucky and in the side stand but even now it gets me. Worse now I’m a Dad. The thought of my lad or daughter going off to watch any sport and not returning home is incomprehensible. To then try to blame them and nobody held to account. I don’t actually think I’d cope.

All the families are heroes.
JFT97

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Have watched the 1st episode. Absolutely heartbreaking.....I cracked at the scene with the pictures of the fans on the wall.

I'm not from Liverpool and I was only 9 when the tragedy happened. I can't imagine what the families have been through and continue to fight for.

God bless them all. YNWA JFT97

I'm the exact same. Even though I knew what was coming after reading the accounts and interviews with Anne, it's utterly shameful

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Just watched it all in one go. Very moving and thought-provoking.

Still can't believe nobody was ever actually held to account, and I don't think this series mentioned enough detail about the falsifying of statements and the whole police/government/media cover-up. I know it was there and regularly touched upon but it needed even more detail about those aspects for me.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Only watched the first two episodes, didn't realise the whole thing was on the ITV Hub, will most likely watch them both tonight.

An incredibly moving and well-written programme.

The bit that got me the most was the part where

Spoiler
Debra Martin was at Anne's house and told her that Kevin opened his eyes and said "Mum", really emotional that, filling up just typing the words now!
[close]

I still remember exactly where I was when I heard about this and I still remember Peter Jones' moving epilogue on Radio 2.

Well done to all concerned with getting this programme out, a totally different watch to Jimmy McGovern's programme which was more about the events on the day rather than the fight that Anne and others went through!  My heart goes out to them all still

JFT97
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Well done to all concerned with getting this programme out, a totally different watch to Jimmy McGovern's programme which was more about the events on the day rather than the fight that Anne and others went through!  My heart goes out to them all still

It's not just the fight as such. The programme also does a great job showing how the tragedy affected the families. It is the story of Anne and Steve Williams and their two remaining children and it shows how they all had to deal with the events of that fateful day in different ways that weren't always compatible with each other. And even though it's "just" the story of one family, it is absolutely horrible to think about how many families and people suffered in a similar way. It will be hundreds or even thousands. By telling this story the programme shows another dimension of Hillsborough, that might have been present in a lot of people's minds, but it was never at a focal point of the public debate, because that was the fight for justice (and rightly so). However, it is actually terrible to see how many lives were changed by a single afternoon in April 1989 and how that change still had a negative affect on the people decades later.

Offline gmcw9

• Main Stander
  • @g_mc9
thanks for posting those links. just watched from australia, such a harrowing story. anne williams, what a hero.
25-05-05

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Part 4 was really tough to watch, burst into tears a number of times and I don't usually get like that watching TV
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan

The bit that got me the most was the part where.......

Spoiler
[/b] (I've taken out the spoil.)

JFT97
[close]
but yeah. I did well to hold it in right through all 4, but that was my most 'manly' swallowing moment.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
It's not just the fight as such. The programme also does a great job showing how the tragedy affected the families. It is the story of Anne and Steve Williams and their two remaining children and it shows how they all had to deal with the events of that fateful day in different ways that weren't always compatible with each other. And even though it's "just" the story of one family, it is absolutely horrible to think about how many families and people suffered in a similar way. It will be hundreds or even thousands. By telling this story the programme shows another dimension of Hillsborough, that might have been present in a lot of people's minds, but it was never at a focal point of the public debate, because that was the fight for justice (and rightly so). However, it is actually terrible to see how many lives were changed by a single afternoon in April 1989 and how that change still had a negative affect on the people decades later.

Exactly.......it's about the personal struggle of one family. A tragedy like that affects families for the rest of their lives and can tear a good family apart.

One thing that many younger people won't know is that the "kids" used to go down to the front of the crowd as they could get a better view from there........however once any crowding starts then they are the most vulnerable as they have nowhere to go. The high fences that were installed to prevent pitch invasions then trapped the people in.

To this day it still chills me when I remember that feeling of fear when you thought your ribs were going to burst as the crowd surged forwards or the panic when trying to "run" up the terracing backwards as the wave of pressure was released. I hated standing at the barriers in a packed crowd as you took the full force of the pressure. At times you had to climb up over people to relieve the intense pressure on your chest. I've been in several crowd crushes where it was dangerous. Luckily not to the same extent as Hillsborough but it's a frightening experience.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2022, 12:24:18 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Exactly.......it's about the personal struggle of one family. A tragedy like that affects families for the rest of their lives and can tear a good family apart.

One thing that many younger people won't know is that the "kids" used to go down to the front of the crowd as they could get a better view from there........however once any crowding starts then they are the most vulnerable as they have nowhere to go. The high fences that were installed to prevent pitch invasions then trapped the people in.

To this day it still chills me when I remember that feeling of fear when you thought your ribs were going to burst as the crowd surged forwards or the panic when trying to "run" up the terracing backwards as the wave of pressure was released. I hated standing at the barriers in a packed crowd as you took the full force of the pressure. At times you had to climb up over people to relieve the intense pressure on your chest. I've been in several crowd crushes where it was dangerous. Luckily not to the same extent as Hillsborough but it's a frightening experience.

Yep.  I always tried to stand right in front of the barrier.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
Yep.  I always tried to stand right in front of the barrier.

I learned that very quickly too.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

By twelve I was able to handle myself right in the middle of the Kop, that was just the experience you gained on terracing, I just want to make the point that No body was safe in them central pens that day no matter where you stood, what level of experience of terracing you had.

This ground was unsafe for big games, the Leppings Lane always struggled to contain teams with big support because it was so much smaller than the other side, yet they used the ground  as a neutral venue for semi finals.

I remember an Evertonian mate telling me about the crush in the Leppings Lane at the 77 league cup final replay, this was a lad who went home and away had loads of experience on terracing, remembering him commenting that he thought he was going to pass out and had never felt so scared at a match.

Then we had the experience of Spurs a few years later, deaths probably only averted by people getting on the pitch before perimeter fencing, but still people with serious injuries, Liverpool the year before with competent policing still was frightening, with lateral fencing the situation was further compounded, with pitch side fencing you couldn't do what Spurs had done and got on the pitch with lateral fencing no one could move sideways,  there was a massive tunnel into the central pens and access to the side pens weren't obvious, you needed good policing to monitor the pens and direct people to the outer pens, the was a control room directly above, this was not hard but with no police control to prevent everyone going down the central tunnel when already full we had one of the worst civilian disasters, that was totally and utterly preventable.

What Anne showed so very well was, that with better organisation after this debacle not only could so many lives have been saved, but the cover up itself was one of the worst political outrages to happen in our lives in this country. If it had not happened to vilified football fans, the cover up by the establishments would be an absolute national outrage, factor in the petty scousers thing which further divides football fans at times and prevents them realising it could have been any team with a large following that day.

Seeing it from a mothers point of view, pure humanity, a family struggling to survive in difficult circumstances that any parent can relate to, helps those that have fallen for the all football fans are scumbags message, or the petty all scousers are moaners/thieves/victims to see through their prejudices and realise it is a national outrage that not only was bad policing at a ground with no safety certificate to blame for 97 people directly dying but that was compounded by not allowing adequate medical treatment for the victims with 40 odd ambulances kept outside and then a political cover up from the highest levels that sort to redirect blame on to the victims that resulted in so many other families suffering pain, family break ups, alcoholism and suicide that continues to today. This has implications for people suffering from Grenfell and other tragedy's.

Me and my wife cried from start to finish, She'd just started work in the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield, not sure whether the next person to come in was one of her friends, her uncles, I'd phoned her from a phone box  by the flyover in Walton, waiting in the queue of worried people, anxious waiting to here anything to tell them their loved ones were safe, to tell her I hadn't gone because I knew she'd  be terrified.

The programme was so realistic, it took us back to 89 but those days we were young, didn't have kids and seeing it through the eyes of Anne and her family was like seeing it for the first time from a parents perspective, knowing what pressures fighting back against things puts on a family, knowing the love you have for your kids, and seeing the humanity come shining through against all odds. Kevin Sampson and all involved have done a worthwhile job helping to show others what we've always known.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
I'm well aware that being experienced with terracing gave you now advantage when it came to the Leppings Lane.  My husband was seriously injured at Hillsborough and was sent to the Northern General. 

That day changed mine and his lives forever.  It tore us apart too, and not a day goes by when I don't have "what if" moments.  You know, how different would my life had been if it hadn't happened.  I'll never know.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I'm well aware that being experienced with terracing gave you now advantage when it came to the Leppings Lane. My husband was seriously injured at Hillsborough and was sent to the Northern General. 

That day changed mine and his lives forever.  It tore us apart too, and not a day goes by when I don't have "what if" moments.  You know, how different would my life had been if it hadn't happened.  I'll never know.
I'm really sorry to hear that.  :(

My cousin was there in the Leppings. He was physically hurt, but not badly, although I think the psychological scars run pretty deep with him, and he never talks about the day at all.

I wasn't at that game, thankfully. Watching the build-up to the game I had a very uneasy feeling whilst looking at how the Leppings Lane End was filling up. It looked unnatural, and it unnerved me. For some reason, I just knew something was not right, and this was long before the game actually started.

I'd also seen other fans in that end in previous seasons. I think one was Leeds, and it looked like Bedlam in there. Obviously there was the scare Spurs fans also had there too. To be honest, I always enjoyed the madness of a standing crowd. I loved the standing Spion Kop when it had full 28,000 capacity.  For some reason though, the Leppings often looked scary rather than fun when Semi-finals were played there and clubs with big, passionate support were put in there.

In contrast, I very rarely felt in genuine danger in the Spion Kop. The worst probably being when I was 14 on derby day in October 1976 with 55,141 in the ground (officially). I honestly didn't think I'd last until kick-off due to the constant swaying and being lifted off my feet and moved all over the place. I also had my arm feel like it was bending as it was against a crush barrier at one point. Maybe right in the middle was a bad choice by me, but I always loved the pomp and ceremony of being in there. That was a scary day though, although the 3-1 win made up for it.

Regarding the TV programme, I've been avoiding it I'm afraid. My partner has been watching it, but I've found myself on my phone or 'busy' doing something else. Maybe one day I'll sit down and watch it all right through but, at the moment, I'm not sure I want to revisit certain things and places.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
I can't watch it either.  Not sure I ever will.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I can't watch it either.  Not sure I ever will.
I'm sure you are far from alone there. Even after all this time, it's still too raw for so many.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
I wont watch it.   really cannot face it!   too many memories i dont want to drag up

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I'm well aware that being experienced with terracing gave you now advantage when it came to the Leppings Lane.  My husband was seriously injured at Hillsborough and was sent to the Northern General. 

No criticism was intended, and I hope I haven't upset you clumsily trying to add to the point it wasn't the fault of terracing. pm'd you
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
She's a Saint RIP Anne

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
No criticism was intended, and I hope I haven't upset you clumsily trying to add to the point it wasn't the fault of terracing. pm'd you

Received your PM - It's fine honestly.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the first two episodes last night and will watch the others tonight.  Brings it all back and most of all swapping Leppings Lane tickets for North Stand tickets at 2:50 solely because I was crushed on a barrier behind that goal in 1980.  Emotional stuff.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
I’m another who has no direct link to the families and survivors but I don’t think I’ve been moved to tears as often during a one hour piece of television as I was during tonight’s final episode.

So much respect for Anne and for all the families and survivors.

YNWA
JFT97
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just watched the last episode there and cried like a baby at the end. One of the hardest things I've ever watched but everyone involved deserves huge credit and of course, so do Anne and all of the families.

This club's greatest victory wasn't fought on the pitch, I only hope Anne Williams had some peace toward the end.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The writing, acting and production gave a genuine account of a truly heart-breaking story. That was painful to watch start to end but it brilliantly depicted the injustice experienced by the families and touched on the corruption involved in the cover-ups for years and years. Of course Anne didn't carry the fight alone but she played a fundamental part in taking it to the establishment.

An amazing story about and amazing woman. RIP Anne.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Cried my eyes out through most of tonight’s episode. Was barely 15 in ‘89 and listening to the start of the game on the radio that sunny afternoon in April. Then went downstairs and put the telly on as Grandstand started covering what was unfolding. Sat there in total silence.

I’ll be 48 next month and can’t believe after all these years the families and survivors still haven’t had justice. I’m not religious at all but I pray they finally do get proper justice soon and I’m still around to see it when it happens.

JFT97 & YNWA!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

Hi, sorry to hear that. My dad was seriously injured although not at a football match. It changes your life completely and things never really return to normal. It puts a huge amount of stress on relationships and families. I struggled for years and now realise how badly affected I was. I wish you well and hope you have come to terms with what you have gone through. Take care.
#JFT97

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Does anyone have a link for a way to watch this outside of the UK? I tried the ymovies link but it didn't work for me for some reason. Thanks.

Get yourself a VPN, would probably be the easiest solution.

I use ExpressVPN and it works a treat - just switch to a UK location and watch via the ITV site directly.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'The Real Anne: Unfinished Business' is on ITV and ITV Hub tonight - from 9pm till 10pm.

'This documentary tells the remarkable battle of Merseyside mum and campaigner Anne Williams, who lost her son Kevin.

For nearly three decades she fought the English establishment to expose the truth of what really happened at Hillsborough, and to try and get justice for the 97.

As a companion film to ‘Anne’ the drama, Maxine Peake, who plays her, immerses herself in her story speaking to family, survivors and countless others.'

^ www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1/real-anne-unfinished-business

« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 04:44:49 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
'The Real Anne: Unfinished Business' is on ITV and ITV Hub tonight - from 9pm till 10pm.

'This documentary tells the remarkable battle of Merseyside mum and campaigner Anne Williams, who lost her son Kevin.

For nearly three decades she fought the English establishment to expose the truth of what really happened at Hillsborough, and to try and get justice for the 97.

As a companion film to ‘Anne’ the drama, Maxine Peake, who plays her, immerses herself in her story speaking to family, survivors and countless others.'

^ www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1/real-anne-unfinished-business
Excellent heads up, for anyone having series linked Anne on Sky this wasn't automatically linked with the Anne series, so you will have to record separately.
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
that clip of Bernard Ingham talking, sent me into a rage, he is one fucking low life, just like that Mackenzie fella
Allez Allez Allez.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Excellent heads up, for anyone having series linked Anne on Sky this wasn't automatically linked with the Anne series, so you will have to record separately.

It was for us, just checked.

Going to start watching this tonight, ended up seeing snippets of it over the last few days but watching with my son.

One point he made, was how the cover up just couldn’t have happened in today’s world with camera phones etc. There would have been so much evidence immediately available to contradict the police’s claims.

We spoke to my dad about it who was there on the day, in one of the side stands. He was saying how clearly they could see that the middle pens were so full and the side pens were relatively empty. He said that independently of each other, two people he knew went down to the front to tell a policeman that there was a problem in there and on both occasions they were told to fuck off (not sure if it was the same policeman or two different ones). I know that’s common knowledge but still schooled me to hear it, he hasn’t spoken about the day itself that much before.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
...One point he made, was how the cover up just couldn’t have happened in today’s world with camera phones etc. There would have been so much evidence immediately available to contradict the police’s claims...

Sadly, I don't think that's true. In fact, I think it could be worse today as there's less trust in facts and too many people get their 'facts' from FaceBook pages and Twitter.

The problem was never with the evidence. There was no need for camera phones because the whole thing was filmed by the BBC and CCTV. Taylor's interim report had all the evidence it needed to put the blame in the right place (on the SYP) and clear Liverpool fans. The problem was the lies stuck because people wanted to believe them.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sadly, I don't think that's true. In fact, I think it could be worse today as there's less trust in facts and too many people get their 'facts' from FaceBook pages and Twitter.

The problem was never with the evidence. There was no need for camera phones because the whole thing was filmed by the BBC and CCTV. Taylor's interim report had all the evidence it needed to put the blame in the right place (on the SYP) and clear Liverpool fans. The problem was the lies stuck because people wanted to believe them.

In terms of the morons who parrot the same lines then maybe. Do they think that footage of the crowd outside is only people without tickets? There’s no getting through to them.

But for the general public with a more open mind, there would be footage online even before the police tried to get their message out.

I take your point though Alan. And don’t mean to go off on a tangent.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT

I'm not so sure Alan.  We all know it was lies about the drunken fans etc.  These days people would be asking why there was no video evidence of such behaviour.  You know like urinating on dead bodies etc.  They couldn't make up lies today because they couldn't be backed up with the evidence.

The whole thing wasn't filmed by the BBC and CCTV - a lot was, but not everything, not by a long shot.  Oh and don't forget the missing video evidence.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 06:37:45 pm by Millie »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
In terms of the morons who parrot the same lines then maybe. Do they think that footage of the crowd outside is only people without tickets? There’s no getting through to them.

But for the general public with a more open mind, there would be footage online even before the police tried to get their message out.

I take your point though Alan. And don’t mean to go off on a tangent.

You are not going off on a tangent - I think your Dad has a very good point and one I have often thought about myself.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
People who lie and cover their arses will just find another way to do it. They'd be seizing and clinging onto everyone's phones for selective shots and videos of people with beers, bottles, singing, raucous, the lot, these days.

They knew they were lying and were prepared to do what it took. These days it would be no different, only presented in a different way.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...

The problem wasn't the evidence itself, it was the legal submission of it and the cut off time that was imposed.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Yes the ordinary people of Sheffield were magnificent that day. I will always remember a pensioner opening her door and allowing anyone to phone home and tell their loved ones they were safe.

Compare that to the sock puppets who gave evidence to the two Taylor inquiries and the two Coroners inquests. The sock puppets often relatives of senior   South Yorkshire Police officers attempted to portray Liverpool fans as a lawless tanked up mob.

Amazing how the first person to phone the Hillsborough evidence phone line was the daughter of a senior SYP officer who to this day besmirches the good name of Liverpool fans. Incredible how senior officers who retired rather than face disciplinary action still peddle disgusting lies about fan behaviour.

One of them let me and my brother in to phone my Mum, big queue outside the house. And not the only house, every house in the street seemed to have a queue and the people in the street were so good to us.

And on the subject of SYP. I remember on the way out, one young PC sitting down on the wall, just crying his eyes out. Obviously none of it was his fault but (kind of understandbly) he was taking a lot of abuse off some of our fans. Most of our fans were consoling him, shouting down the ones giving abuse.

They're the only two things I remember, walking back to the coach. Everything else is a blur.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
I was in the crush on the outside. About ten of my mates and me. We all had tickets. When the gates were opened we went through. Lost touch with the lads in the chaos outside. Don’t recall loads being there ticketless, obviously would have been some, but nowhere near what the police and media tried to make out.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
Follow you up documentary on Anne just started on ITV
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy