Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 576757 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Injury related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2021, 01:56:17 pm »
Brilliant news on Bobby and Curtis though eh?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2021, 02:02:59 pm »
Does that leave just Harvey as our outstanding injured regular first team squad member? (Other than possibly Origi’s recent knock).

If so that’s great news given the schedule we’re about to go through. Fingers crossed it stays that way more or less
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2021, 02:03:51 pm »
What's the issue with Adrian that Jurgen dropped in at the end?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2021, 02:18:37 pm »
What's the issue with Adrian that Jurgen dropped in at the end?

It was mentioned a week or two ago that he was injured I think. Think the young Brazilian had been in the wider match day squad as 3rd choice.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2021, 02:47:01 pm »
It was mentioned a week or two ago that he was injured I think. Think the young Brazilian had been in the wider match day squad as 3rd choice.

Ah right, cheers. Interesting to see who we go with as first choice and on the bench in the LC next week.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2021, 10:24:49 pm »
Question Do Fabinho, Virgil, Curtis have to isolate for 10 days even though they are double if not triple jabbed?
in the NFL,NBA,NHL all have 2 negative tests or 10 days for vaccinated players. Is there clear guidelines in the PL?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »
Any more news on Virgil and Fabio? Only have to isolate for 7 days now with new rules I think so hoping they might get cleared for Leeds, all other things dependant obviously.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2021, 06:25:06 pm »
Any news on Harvey?

I know there was some excitement when he was put jogging sometime ago, but the conservative time frame had him back for early January?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2021, 07:07:59 pm »
Athletic were running a story the other day that he was going to be back in full training come the new year. Shame the Shrewsbury game is so near, as it would have been a nice one to give him 15-30 mins.
AHA!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2021, 02:05:57 pm »
Any news on the injuries of Firmino, Thiago and Alisson? Alisson's the one I'm most worried about, before such a big game, but we also need Firmino during AFCON.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2021, 02:08:25 pm »
Any news on the injuries of Firmino, Thiago and Alisson? Alisson's the one I'm most worried about, before such a big game, but we also need Firmino during AFCON.

Thiago has a hip problem. Out of the Chelsea game and doesn't sound like he is close to getting back into training.

Firmino and Alisson, no news but rumour is they may have picked up Covid, only because they were not in the pics yesterday and Klopp confirmed more cases.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2021, 02:09:34 pm »
Klopp said: “We have three new COVID cases in the team and a few more in the staff, so it’s not so cool in the moment.

“I’m not [able to reveal the names] because we still have to make the whole processes, getting a proper PCR and all these kind of things, but you will see the day after tomorrow on the teamsheet. It will be pretty clear then who is affected or infected.”

The last sentence makes it pretty clear at least one of them is a first 11 player.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:35 pm »
So, the earliest they could be available is for the 2nd Leg against Arsenal?

The next couple of games (Chelsea A in the League and Arsenal A in the League Cup) are incredibly crucial in terms of how the rest of our season is going to shape and it's a shame that they will miss them especially considering we'll miss Salah, Mane and Keita as well after Chelsea. Anyway, hope we hold firm till then and then take it on from there. If we get through to February intact in all Competitions (Title Race, League Cup and FA Cup), we'd have done well.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2021, 03:53:57 pm »
So, the earliest they could be available is for the 2nd Leg against Arsenal?

The next couple of games (Chelsea A in the League and Arsenal A in the League Cup) are incredibly crucial in terms of how the rest of our season is going to shape and it's a shame that they will miss them especially considering we'll miss Salah, Mane and Keita as well after Chelsea. Anyway, hope we hold firm till then and then take it on from there. If we get through to February intact in all Competitions (Title Race, League Cup and FA Cup), we'd have done well.
If we assume Allison and Bobby were positive yesterday, they will be back the day of the 1st leg, jota the day after ..if we assume they test negative on days 6 and 7 (which VVD and Fabinho did)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2021, 04:04:17 pm »
If we assume Allison and Bobby were positive yesterday, they will be back the day of the 1st leg, jota the day after ..if we assume they test negative on days 6 and 7 (which VVD and Fabinho did)

They won't play if they haven't trained though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2021, 05:05:07 pm »
They won't play if they haven't trained though.
Of course, but they'll be back before the Shrewsbury game (fingers crossed), they might actually play in it!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2021, 05:07:32 pm »

Jota? Is he the third one?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2021, 05:08:39 pm »
Jota? Is he the third one?

Apparently, but fuck knows really as there are still 2 more days until the game and basically it feels like neither Kloppo nor Tuchel can be arsed with the game.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2021, 05:22:02 pm »
Covid really gives Man City an advantage they didn't even need. Sigh.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2021, 05:26:33 pm »
It’s actually at the point where it made me laugh. Between this and the other stuff (officiating - not for this thread) it’s like Man City benefit from a ten point handicap. Luckily our manager is the ultimate optimist.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2021, 05:33:43 pm »
I feel like we're being punished more even though we're fully vaxxed. Other squads are having massive outbreaks, no doubt helped by some not being vaxxed, and getting games called off, yet ours are coming along in dribs and drabs so we still have to play.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2021, 05:38:34 pm »
If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d have no luck at all.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2021, 06:47:18 pm »
It’s actually at the point where it made me laugh. Between this and the other stuff (officiating - not for this thread) it’s like Man City benefit from a ten point handicap. Luckily our manager is the ultimate optimist.

Think Klopp seemed a bit more fed up today than usual. Feels like neither him nor Tuchel can be arsed with the game on Sunday. Dont blame them, a heavily intensive game against a rival at the end of a grim year to give yourself a small sliver of a chance of the title doesnt seem particularly exciting.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d have no luck at all.
Hard to tell which one is worse...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
The NHL in America has banned it's players from travelling to the winter olympics because if rising covid cases across their teams, no fucks given if they are upsetting the Chinese or not.  Imagine the premier league taking firm action like that and saying their players can't travel to the AFCON, yeah me neither.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
So we have a front line of

Mane
Salah
Bobby
Jota
Minamino
Origi

Up front. 

And from tomorrow night, we don’t have a single one available. Marvellous.
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
So we have a front line of

Mane
Salah
Bobby
Jota
Minamino
Origi

Up front. 

And from tomorrow night, we don’t have a single one available. Marvellous.

Get Steven Caulker on the phone.

Would any be back in time for our next game? When even is the next game?! Thursday night? Would Bobby or Jota be back by then if they have Covid? Minamino sounds close. Origi is a bit of a mystery but given he’s been out for a while I think his return will drag on a bit.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 10:48:36 am by Dick Fingers Nick, the bringer of Family Gifts »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Potentially, Bobby and Alisson could be back, but they won’t have trained for 7 days, so you can’t just start playing right away.
W

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If Jota and Firmino have Covid, they won't potentially be available for the first leg of the League Cup semi  on Thursday but should be available after that right? Minamino was training/close to training again as per Klopp yesterday. No idea what's up with Origi though, seems a bit of a mystery. It's certainly going to be a testing month but reckon we're still capable of winning all our games :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
The League Cup semi has crept up on me a bit. If they are all out, or even if we just have Taki then who on earth will we play up front?

I’d say we’d pack it with midfielders and keep it tight but lots of them probably not available either!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Potentially, Bobby and Alisson could be back, but they won’t have trained for 7 days, so you can’t just start playing right away.

It's FA Cup next weekend so they were unlikely to play in that game anyway. Second leg of the semi possibly but they should be ok for the next league game.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Get Steven Caulker on the phone.

Would any be back in time for our next game? When even is the next game?! Thursday night? Would Bobby or Jota be back by then if they have Covid? Minamino sounds close. Origi is a bit of a mystery but given he’s been out for a while I think his return will drag on a bit.

We're going to be very depleted for that Arsenal first leg. Given the lack of forwards, rather than defend on the half way line with a 4-3-3 it might be better to just shut up shop (i.e. the end of the Spurs game) and try and stay in the tie. Shrewsbury will be a second string anyway.  Then by the second leg we'll hopefully have a few back and no more out, if not we've at least got the Anfield factor.

Hopefully in two weeks time we're not effectively out of winning three competitions through circumstances beyond our control and we can have a cup final to look forward to at least, in another miserable season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Another miserable season? Keep it all in perspective. :D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Another miserable season? Keep it all in perspective. :D

You do realise that was posted by Fromola? ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
You do realise that was posted by Fromola? ;D

I do. :D

Is Curtis back or close to fitness? Could see him in the front three.

And I guess forwards aside we’ll go stronger against Arsenal than Shrewsbury? So for example we might see Kostas midweek and then Beck against Shrewsbury?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I do. :D

Is Curtis back or close to fitness? Could see him in the front three.

And I guess forwards aside we’ll go stronger against Arsenal than Shrewsbury? So for example we might see Kostas midweek and then Beck against Shrewsbury?

Well Neco has had his debut on the right wing so that's sorted.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
The League Cup semi has crept up on me a bit. If they are all out, or even if we just have Taki then who on earth will we play up front?

I’d say we’d pack it with midfielders and keep it tight but lots of them probably not available either!

Ox, Taki and Jones maybe. Not great but If it's backed up with near full strength in the other areas (Alisson apart who wouldn't have played anyway) then hopefully we can get a 1-1 or something.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
So is there confirmation on who’s infected?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
So is there confirmation on who’s infected?

No. Dont know if its because we are playing Chelsea but we have decided not to release the names of the players.

Or we could be angling to get the game called off by lumping it in with injuries.

Guess we will see.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
I don't see how teams that aren't like Man City and have 2 first class 11s win the league whilst covid is around.

It's must be nigh on impossible. We were lucky we won it when we did.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker