Author Topic: RAWK Advent Calendar 2014 #10 - Robbie Fowler (2nd) vs Newcastle United 1997  (Read 6548 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
I’ve been grumbling lately that ‘football isn’t what it used to be’.

This is concerning firstly because I’m only 27 – to feel that football’s best days are already behind me is troubling. It’s also odd because my nostalgic yearnings are for a decade of relative failure for Liverpool Football Club, the 1990s.

I imagine most people romanticise the football they grow up with – as a youngster I was a football addict (as opposed to now, these days I’m more of a Liverpool addict). A recent trip home and sorting of my childhood possessions uncovered troves of football figures, Liverpool posters, Panini sticker albums and a SNES with the ultimate gaming title, International Superstar Soccer DELUXE. I supported Liverpool keenly but I don’t think I really understood what it was to follow Liverpool until I was about 13 or so, and not comprehensively until my early 20s. I'm still learning now.

Whether or not it’s a coincidence that this was in c.2001, a year of famous European nights and trophies galore, I can’t say. It certainly did coincide with my first trips to watch Liverpool away at Leicester in 1999 (I will forever curse the name Tony Cottee) and home against Newcastle in 2000. But my love of the club grew exponentially and I stopped being so interested in the Premier League, and in the English national team. I do miss that fascination with all things football sometimes, but luckily Liverpool have given me more than enough in the last 15 years to offset the ‘loss’.

I wasn’t surprised then, when asked to identify my favourite Liverpool goal, my thoughts immediately went back to the late 90s. Football was benefitting from the influx of money and foreign talent in the Premier League, and the malaise that seems to have crept into the modern game may have taken root, but hadn’t yet flourished. The Premier League was exciting, and Liverpool were one of its most exciting exponents, playing some wonderful attacking football under Roy Evans. They didn’t win much but they were great to watch, with young talent emerging in the shape of Carragher, Owen and Gerrard, on the back of the existing local pool that had brought us McManaman and Fowler. Football was everywhere, Euro'96 had followed on from where Italia'90 left off in inspiring attention and coverage for the sport, and I loved it.

In 1996, Liverpool played Newcastle United at Anfield. It is a game that has widely been regarded as one of the Premier League’s best, and regularly tops polls. Both sides harboured hopes of a title win, and both went all out for three points. In a classic end-to-end fixture, Liverpool came out 4-3 winners, Stan Collymore scoring the final goal in stoppage time to clinch the points.

But I don’t want to talk about that game, or that goal. Honestly, I can’t remember watching it – my earliest memories as a fan are from the 1994-1995 season, but we didn’t get Sky until the following year so I missed it. I seem to recall being annoyed the following season when, in the build-up to the same fixture, the pundits spoke in reverential tones about the wondrous match in 1996 and scoffed at the thought we’d see anything nearly as good. How wrong they were. What followed was a truly epic game that summed up everything about the excitement of football in general and the brilliance of the Premier League, and epitomised the Liverpool team of the late 90s for me. We were dangerous going forward, accident prone in defence, but never disappointing in terms of entertainment.

I watched the match at home, on my own. Probably sat in my first Liverpool shirt (the green and white quartered away), and usually having watched a Liverpool VHS beforehand (perhaps the 94/95 season review). My parents weren’t all that interested in football, and as an only child I frequently ended up supporting Liverpool solo. But I didn’t really care. There was something about that match in particular, the emotion of it, I remember feeling a genuine connection to all things Liverpool. Surprised maybe how much it all mattered, at the depth of my despair and then the unremitting joy of victory.

The season before, a Liverpool hero in Kevin Keegan had been at the helm at Newcastle. This time, an even bigger legend sat in the away dugout – King Kenny. Liverpool started the match positively, Steve Mcmanaman sweeping the ball in after 29 minutes, before Patrick Berger added a second a minute later, perfectly positioned to fire into an empty net after Robbie Fowler’s effort had come back off the post. Fowler would have a goal of his own though, dinking past Shaka Hislop after a wonderful long ball from Jamie Redknapp. Half time, game over – none of this 4-3 rubbish again.

The game settled in the early stages of the second half, and few could predict Liverpool’s sudden collapse. In the 71st minute, Keith Gillespie’s shot squirmed through the grasp of David James and somehow found the bottom corner. Nerves set it, but Liverpool looked to have seen the game out comfortably, as with the clock ticking into the late 80s the home side still led 3-1. The Newcastle goal only a consolation.

Then, in the 87th minute, Liverpool lost the ball in midfield, and Newcastle launched a long pass in the direction of Faustino Asprilla. David James came rushing out to the edge of the box but could go no further, as the Colombia leapt to volley the ball brilliantly over our ‘keeper, and perfectly into the top corner. Defenders looked on, frustrated, and fingernails were bitten again. The reds then went to pieces after a hoof from the back was flicked on into our box a minute later. A tackle failed to clear the lines, and in galloped Warren Barton to slide the ball beneath James for 3-3. Our calamitous defending had struck again, a worrying pattern it would take a couple of years to really escape from.

Disbelief. To this day I remember feeling utterly deflated, like a punch to the gut. How? Why? What? We’d seemed so comfortable but had inexplicably thrown it all away. I had learned a valuable lesson about football. But I was yet to learn an invaluable lesson about Liverpool.

We didn’t give up, and our heads didn’t drop. Stig Inge Bjornedbye picked up the ball out wide on the left and burst past a defender before floating in a glorious cross. Fowler hurled himself at it, and made a connection. Hislop had no chance. The Kop went ballistic, a spectacular roar, as Robbie Fowler celebrated with his teammates (and one pitch invader). My delighted shouting brought my mum into the room to check I was OK. She didn’t really get it then (she does now, though my wife’s still learning…) I ran round and round the room and didn’t stop smiling for about 24 hours.

I still get excited when Liverpool score. The Champions League final, Gerrard’s FA Cup leveller, Coutinho vs City last season. And that win didn’t help much in the end, as we’d go on to miss out on CL football on goal difference... to Newcastle. But the way that game went, from utter to despair to victory, in a time when football was really everything to me, made all the more sensational by the result in the previous season. It’ll take a lot to beat that Fowler header for my favourite Liverpool goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gdtABrmsFds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gdtABrmsFds</a>

« Last Edit: December 6, 2014, 03:56:03 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
In the bleak midwinter (esp after last night) here's a warming tale. #10 in our Advent Calendar.
Yep.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
In the bleak midwinter (esp after last night) here's a warming tale. #10 in our Advent Calendar.

:lmao I'm the biggest victim of our elimination ;D

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
;D
No, you bring respite!
Yep.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
The Graveyard Slot! ;D

We played some incredible stuff in that first half and then in the space of ten minutes showed why we couldn't win the League back then. Great finale though, yet another rollercoaster of emotions. I absolutely worshipped Robbie back then, he was just such an amazing finisher.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
great story

i remember it well. at 3-0 we were playing them off the pitch and i dont think they even had a shot on goal in the first hour. then David James just went to pieces. spilled in the first and the second he was like a headless chicken. i dont know what hes thinking for the second, he just kind of jumps and doesnt even use his hands. i think he might end up outside the box but what he was doing was anyones guess. the third goal he didnt cover himself in glory

we were talking yesterday about fans we spot at games. when god scores does anyone notice the blond kit in our away kit from that season. gives the finger and someone just stares at them and then they just cheer

blondy kid, not sure if it was a boy or a girl, possibly ended up in the band hanson
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
great story

i remember it well. at 3-0 we were playing them off the pitch and i dont think they even had a shot on goal in the first hour. then David James just went to pieces. spilled in the first and the second he was like a headless chicken. i dont know what hes thinking for the second, he just kind of jumps and doesnt even use his hands. i think he might end up outside the box but what he was doing was anyones guess. the third goal he didnt cover himself in glory

we were talking yesterday about fans we spot at games. when god scores does anyone notice the blond kit in our away kit from that season. gives the finger and someone just stares at them and then they just cheer

blondy kid, not sure if it was a boy or a girl, possibly ended up in the band hanson

When did 'calamity' James start to go downhill? I only remember the standout poor performances now - this one, the FA Cup tie against United, the PSG CWC semi-final.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
When did 'calamity' James start to go downhill? I only remember the standout poor performances now - this one, the FA Cup tie against United, the PSG CWC semi-final.
the united one was the previous season but he had been pretty solid up til this game

then he just went to pieces. we played forest the next week and he again cost us a goal in a 1-1 draw running around like a headless chicken. then there was a home game with coventry, they were bottom of the league and even a draw would have put us top as united lost at home to derby the day before. but he again was all over the shop in that (lost 2-1)

he was all over the place in the psg game and united at home we lost 3-1 which pretty much finished any chance we had to win the league. he came out for a cross and just completely missed it and blamed his playstation

so to answer your question it was pretty much this game he started to go downhill (imho)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
the united one was the previous season but he had been pretty solid up til this game

then he just went to pieces. we played forest the next week and he again cost us a goal in a 1-1 draw running around like a headless chicken. then there was a home game with coventry, they were bottom of the league and even a draw would have put us top as united lost at home to derby the day before. but he again was all over the shop in that (lost 2-1)

he was all over the place in the psg game and united at home we lost 3-1 which pretty much finished any chance we had to win the league. he came out for a cross and just completely missed it and blamed his playstation

so to answer your question it was pretty much this game he started to go downhill (imho)

That's exactly right. I think he'd earned a couple of England caps earlier in the season. We often talk about our shaky defence back then but in terms of fewest goals conceded I think we were right up there. We were vulnerable at times from set pieces but generally had so much of the ball that we could often keep other teams at arms length. But yeah, James suddenly fell to pieces. That home defeat to Coventry was an absolute sucker punch. As you say, United had lost at home the day before and here was a brilliant opportunity to take control of the title race. I think we'd even gone 1 up but threw it away. Was it Huckerby and Dublin? Can't even remember now, just recall James dropping a corner at someone's feet, served on a silver tray!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That's exactly right. I think he'd earned a couple of England caps earlier in the season. We often talk about our shaky defence back then but in terms of fewest goals conceded I think we were right up there. We were vulnerable at times from set pieces but generally had so much of the ball that we could often keep other teams at arms length. But yeah, James suddenly fell to pieces. That home defeat to Coventry was an absolute sucker punch. As you say, United had lost at home the day before and here was a brilliant opportunity to take control of the title race. I think we'd even gone 1 up but threw it away. Was it Huckerby and Dublin? Can't even remember now, just recall James dropping a corner at someone's feet, served on a silver tray!
Yeah our defence had been pretty solid for the best part of 3 years but gradually got worse after that. problem was we had no experienced back up, just jorgen neilsen and tony warner and neither of them ever played for us as it turned out

james had just won his first england cap prior to the 4-3 game

Im not sure who scored for them that day without googling but you would probably be right. Gary McAllister probably had something to do with it too

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah our defence had been pretty solid for the best part of 3 years but gradually got worse after that. problem was we had no experienced back up, just jorgen neilsen and tony warner and neither of them ever played for us as it turned out

james had just won his first england cap prior to the 4-3 game

Im not sure who scored for them that day without googling but you would probably be right. Gary McAllister probably had something to do with it too

Whelan and Dublin. Our 3 centre backs that day were Kvarme, Matteo and Harkness...

This match reports reads exactly as I remembered it - threw it away! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football--liverpool-fall-foul-of-dublin-1265678.html

Aren't these threads supposed to be cheering us up at the moment? I should probably change the subject!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Aye.  I did give some thought to making a David James doll and sticking pins in it.   :o

Went from feeling sick to delirious with joy.  The Lord Bless you Robbie Fowler, our God, for that goal.

Excellent piece Jersey.  Thank you very much for that.  Brought back a great memory.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Went from feeling sick to delirious with joy.  The Lord Bless you Robbie Fowler, our God, for that goal.

Very true. Feeling sick is right - it wasn't like some games where we blow a lead but you think it had been coming, or we sat back and asked for it. We were playing amazing stuff before the fisrt Toon goal came out of nowhere. We really could have been 6 or 7 up by then. Even then we seemed in control until the next fuck up with a few minutes to go and then at 3-2 things obviously get tense.

God bless Robbie! And it was a great cross from Bjornebye, something that couldn't always be said!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
We didn’t give up, and our heads didn’t drop.

*I do appreciate that we are supposed to be cheering everyone up.  And doubtless I'll burn in hell for it.  But I couldn't resist.*

*Sighs*  Ah yes.  I remember the days when we used to do this.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Whelan and Dublin. Our 3 centre backs that day were Kvarme, Matteo and Harkness...

This match reports reads exactly as I remembered it - threw it away! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football--liverpool-fall-foul-of-dublin-1265678.html

Aren't these threads supposed to be cheering us up at the moment? I should probably change the subject!
yeah should get it back on the rails to the game above

think mark wright once said ronnie moran went absolutely apeshit after the game

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I feel nostalgic about the 90s but in a different way to yours. Back in the 90s, where I live, the live TV coverage of the Premier League was quite limited (or non existant at all), so my only source of information about the English football and LFC in particular were a couple of magazines, the almighty teletext (I remember myself sitting in front of the TV for hours looking at the scores/table, you can imagine how much it cheered me up or quite the opposite, upset me at times) and then the sports news, me hoping a short bit of LFC would be in there. Good days :)

Lovely piece of writing, it brought me back many memories, thanks for that :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:59:23 pm by child-in-time »
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I feel nostalgic about the 90s but in a different way to yours. Back in the 90s, where I live, the live TV coverage of the Premier League was quite limited (or non existant at all), so my only source of information about the English football and LFC in particular were a couple of magazines, the almighty teletext (I remember myself sitting in front of the TV for hours looking at the scores/table, you can imagine how much it cheered me up or quite the opposite, upset me at times) and then the sports news, me hoping a short bit of LFC would be in there. Good days :)

teletext > twitter

was always hooked to that. page 316 ceefax for the latest scores

nothing worse than a digit missing and not knowing score
Liverpoo 1 Everton

or missing the correct sub page by .01 of a second and having to wait several mins for it to come back around

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
God bless Robbie! And it was a great cross from Bjornebye, something that couldn't always be said!

Funny that in my head, I've got him down as being an awesome left back - probably down to being the first left back I can think of and us not being blessed with many good ones since. Didn't he provide the cross for Ruddock when we came back from 3-0 down against Man Utd? That wasn't too shabby either!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Funny that in my head, I've got him down as being an awesome left back - probably down to being the first left back I can think of and us not being blessed with many good ones since. Didn't he provide the cross for Ruddock when we came back from 3-0 down against Man Utd? That wasn't too shabby either!

Yeah, those two crosses were his highlights really! He had his moments and didn't let us down too much but he wasn't anything special I don't think.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Haha, I remember teletext too. The days before BBC live text or RAWK commentary! Sitting in my bedroom or front room, staring at the three pages of PL scores tick round, and round, and round, hoping that next time "Fowler" or "Owen" or "Riedle" would appear underneath Liverpool.

Watchign that video back I forget how good Redknapp's passing was. The ball out wide before the cross for our first goal and the first time long pass for the third are both perfect. Gerrard-esque, as we might say these days.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:23:32 pm by JerseyKopite »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Haha, I remember teletext too. The days before BBC live text or RAWK commentary! Sitting in my bedroom or front room, staring at the three pages of PL scores tick round, and round, and round, hoping that next time "Fowler" or "Owen" or "Riedle" would appear underneath Liverpool.

Swap Fowler for Aldridge, Owen for Rush and Riedle for Beardsley young whippersnapper. And we had a TV so old that it beeped every time you typed a number into Teletext (no Fast Text for us!). 302 (beep beep beep)...read the headline news 303 (beep beep beep), check out the League table 324 (beep beep beep). Used to dive my Mum absolutely crazy!

It was even worse checking the County scores during the cricket season too. :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Swap Fowler for Aldridge, Owen for Rush and Riedle for Beardsley young whippersnapper. And we had a TV so old that it beeped every time you typed a number into Teletext (no Fast Text for us!). 302 (beep beep beep)...read the headline news 303 (beep beep beep), check out the League table 324 (beep beep beep). Used to dive my Mum absolutely crazy!

In my day...  :-X

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
In my day...  :-X

Indeed! In fact, in my day, if Ceefax wasn't bringing the score updates you hoped for there was always the option of checking out Oracle (the ITV equivalent) to bring a change of luck.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one mate, great stuff.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Nice one mate, great stuff.

i remember getting the scores by carrier pigeon and using slate to write the score out for a mate.  ;D

Great post we have had some epic games with the barcodes.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
My first ever post on RAWK was about this goal. Student at the time, had a quid on 4-3 at 100-1 and I scored myself later that night. Possibly with even less panache than Warren Barton let alone Robbie  ;D

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
Amazing story. Had me smiling throughout and I felt as if I could genuinely relate to some of the parts about watching your first matches as a Liverpool fan. Makes me realize how lucky I am to have all this modern technology as a Liverpool fan as well. I do have a couple of qualms though.

1. You say "football isn't what it used to be" but then I see Warren Barton (from the 90s no less, looking ever much the squid that he is today) and I start to question it. Anything involving him and football might as well be torture. Fox Sports is terrible to begin with, he just makes it an abomination to the sport.

2. Those goal graphics never get old, would give any normal epilepsy if exposed to them on repeat for over 2 minutes.

3. I take solace in the fact that I would have Mignolet over David James any day of the week. Progress.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
My first ever post on RAWK was about this goal. Student at the time, had a quid on 4-3 at 100-1 and I scored myself later that night. Possibly with even less panache than Warren Barton let alone Robbie  ;D

if I you were here now I'd high 5 you

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
Great post and what a header! Loving this series. Thanks JK.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Cheers all, was fun to write and reminisce  :)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Remember her/him well. If it wasn't a girl, it was a boy with girls hair. You can definitely see him/her mouthing "fuck you" too  ;D

Another one I remember well is a kid after Gerrard scores against Olympiakos. His dad is a bearded guy. He pretty much has the kid in a headlock and him trying to celebrate gets me laughing every time.

I watched both 4-3s in my aunts house. This one though, like everyone else, I thought at half time we had it sewn up. Redknapps pass to Fowler for the third is still one of my favourite passes ever. I'm torn between that one and Alonso to Cisse against West Brom. Only a few players can make those passes, and Redknapp was one of them.
When Barton squeezed the third in, my uncle started laughing, my cousin started crying, and I just didn't know what to do. I consoled my cousin and told him with Fowler on the pitch, we only need a sniff of a chance and we'll score. And when he got on the end of that cross it was just pure bedlam.

Lovely write up JK. Warmed me up on a freezing cold morning.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
My eldest was six weeks old when this game took place, and I have absolutely no recollection of anything other than sleep deprivation, nappies and vomit. And she wasn't much better at that age.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Mine (until Weds) has to be Robbie's winner against Newcastle, not least because I had a quid on us to win 4-3 at 100-1 but also cos I was at Uni and got laid that night

:lmao Player.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
:lmao Player.

Amazing what an extra 100 quid in your back pocket gets you.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Remember her/him well. If it wasn't a girl, it was a boy with girls hair. You can definitely see him/her mouthing "fuck you" too  ;D

haha that's him/her

Clearly says fuck you