539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1447361 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit thread - Just cancel it dickheads.
« Reply #19720 on: March 29, 2019, 10:22:22 pm »
I think it should be a straight Remain vs No Deal question in a referendum, any kind of deal will inevitably end up being chipped away at by the right-wing anyway and they will continue to use the EU as a scapegoat for all the hardships caused by brexit when it would actually be all their fault, so take away that excuse by giving them the most complete break they want and given time maybe the British people might see sense.

But No Deal is off the table as far as parliament is concerned?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19721 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:27 pm »
But No Deal is off the table as far as parliament is concerned?
Errr. No..

We leave the EU by default on April the 12th. 

Unless something happens we get no deal (we’re back to thepis scenario agin I’m afraid).

Although there is an overwhelming majority against no deal.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19722 on: March 29, 2019, 10:28:04 pm »
Really? Could you see the next Tory leader dropping the Red lines or Revoking?

As I said, there are serious repercussions for both options, but a new Parliament might have a different sense of the situation than the current one. 

The cold hard fact is that unless the next leader is for full on hard brexit then the only way out of the current impasse is compromise.  If nothing else, May has proven that her red lines are ineffectual in securing a deal.

At the end of the day though, Brexit is one part ideological, two parts Tory power play.  There's honestly no way of knowing how it will pan out because a Tory PM will come at this from a party angle, and not at what is good for the nation.  As discussed, without a seismic shift in Parliament, an extension just kicks this whole mess down the road and we'll end up right back here in 9-12 months.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19723 on: March 29, 2019, 10:30:05 pm »
To be honest, before all this stuff started the whole Europe thing would have been of no importance at all to the DUP. It's not like the rights and wrongs of the Single Market got any mileage in their conferences and manifestos.

I think the DUP supported Brexit cos (a) their fellow travelers at the reactionary end of the Tory party supported it and (b) the Shinners and Dublin opposed it.
Make no mistake, if SF had supported Brexit, the DUP would have been Remainers.

Now I think they might be desperate for all this nonsense to end and get back to their normal version of bigotry and intransigence and most people on The Mainland ignoring them. Cos they now know that May's likely successors like Johnson and Rees-Mogg would sell them out in a nanosecond if it meant getting into no. 10.

Agreed!

Popcorn's Art

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19724 on: March 29, 2019, 10:32:41 pm »
I think the EU will grant a 12 month extension so The UK can ‘sort itself out’.

It’s the logical choice has it’ll give time for a GE and/or another referendum without causing the EU any issues.

May ran the clock down in the hope of forcing her deal through or have no deal.

No one wants no deal... the country, the parliament and the EU don’t want it

She still needs 29/30 more MPs to change their minds to get the deal over the line if the speaker will even allow another vote. The numbers are not there. With the DUP and the not for changing Tories she’ll never get it passed.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19725 on: March 29, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
Errr. No..

We leave the EU by default on April the 12th. 

Unless something happens we get no deal (we’re back to thepis scenario agin I’m afraid).

Although there is an overwhelming majority against no deal.

No, please read back, I'm talking about a possible referendum question - which would obviously be in the future, post extension after a plan to the EU which would includes a peoples vote.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19726 on: March 29, 2019, 10:38:31 pm »
:lmao

Someone has been naughty

I know it's really unlikely but I would laugh my tits off if May called for an election vote and she lost it.  She would be faced with the prospect of either having to carry on or resigning.  From a Tory perspective it might actually be the best/only way to get rid of her.

I think the EU will grant a 12 month extension so The UK can ‘sort itself out’.

It’s the logical choice has it’ll give time for a GE and/or another referendum without causing the EU any issues.

May ran the clock down in the hope of forcing her deal through or have no deal.

No one wants no deal... the country, the parliament and the EU don’t want it

She still needs 29/30 more MPs to change their minds to get the deal over the line if the speaker will even allow another vote. The numbers are not there. With the DUP and the not for changing Tories she’ll never get it passed.

Y'see, THERE'S your problem.  None of this has anything to do with logic.  If logic were at play we'd have already asked for a long extension and be sorting out a referendum.  Not worrying ourselves shitless about a No Deal that nobody wants but might still happen because nobody has the guts to request an extension and admit the whole mess is beyond fixing inside the next two weeks.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19727 on: March 29, 2019, 10:39:34 pm »
No, please read back, I'm talking about a possible referendum question - which would obviously be in the future, post extension after a plan to the EU which would includes a peoples vote.
Oh soz.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19728 on: March 29, 2019, 10:40:22 pm »
I know it's really unlikely but I would laugh my tits off if May called for an election vote and she lost it.  She would be faced with the prospect of either having to carry on or resigning.  From a Tory perspective it might actually be the best/only way to get rid of her.

Y'see, THERE'S your problem.  None of this has anything to do with logic.  If logic were at play we'd have already asked for a long extension and be sorting out a referendum.  Not worrying ourselves shitless about a No Deal that nobody wants but might still happen because nobody has the guts to request an extension and admit the whole mess is beyond fixing inside the next two weeks.

If logic had anything to do with it we'd have fucked the whole thing off years ago.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19729 on: March 29, 2019, 10:43:58 pm »
As I said, there are serious repercussions for both options, but a new Parliament might have a different sense of the situation than the current one. 

The cold hard fact is that unless the next leader is for full on hard brexit then the only way out of the current impasse is compromise.  If nothing else, May has proven that her red lines are ineffectual in securing a deal.

At the end of the day though, Brexit is one part ideological, two parts Tory power play.  There's honestly no way of knowing how it will pan out because a Tory PM will come at this from a party angle, and not at what is good for the nation.  As discussed, without a seismic shift in Parliament, an extension just kicks this whole mess down the road and we'll end up right back here in 9-12 months.

Aye depressingly that seems the case. The A50 submission and the red lines were committed to far too early but were based on the manifesto, so had to be delivered. But in modern day politics does the manifesto matter anymore in this instant society, why not go with the latest whim to get votes?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #19730 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:50 pm »
I would love an election, but I can't see how she can threaten one, because she just can't call for one now MPs have to vote for it.

Or am I missing something.

Perhaps the blinder that your hero is playng...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19731 on: March 29, 2019, 10:54:53 pm »
As of 21:00hrs five arrests have been made at the demonstrations in central #London today: x2 for assault, x1 drunk & disorderly, x1 for assaulting a police officer & x1 male arrested after being identified as wanted for an offence in Herts. All are in custody.

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1111734072408199168

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19732 on: March 29, 2019, 10:58:41 pm »
Aye depressingly that seems the case. The A50 submission and the red lines were committed to far too early but were based on the manifesto, so had to be delivered. But in modern day politics does the manifesto matter anymore in this instant society, why not go with the latest whim to get votes?

Judging by the reports today of how May was promising the Earth and a never ending flow of milk and honey for any Labour MPs who might consider voting for her, I'm pretty sure that's where we seem to be at.

Most manifestos only really seem to cover a Parliament's first term, with some longer term objectives vaguely pencilled in.  But it should be painfully obvious by now that Brexit is simply not deliverable based on the criteria May had put into the manifesto. 

If a soft Brexit remains an option than something has got to give - we're at this impasse because May refuses to give.  She wants Brexit, on her terms; she can't get it on her terms, but refuses to budge on her terms.  That's it, in a nutshell.

If logic had anything to do with it we'd have fucked the whole thing off years ago.

Is the correct answer.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19734 on: March 29, 2019, 11:01:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1111734072408199168

As someone said on the Remainers podcast - The possibility of Brexit not happening isn't going to turn people to violence, these neanderthals were violent anyway.

It's the politics of Brexit that attracts knuckle-dragging morons. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19735 on: March 29, 2019, 11:01:36 pm »
Happy No Brexit everyone!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19736 on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:09 pm »

I know the MPs supposedly don't want that, but since all flavours of brexit are fucking shite why not put remain up against the most shite which has the most chance of making potential wishywashy leave voters see sense and come back from the brink of disaster, rather than giving them the option of something that is worse than what we currently have (should be called EU+ ffs) where they can say at least it is a change.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19737 on: March 29, 2019, 11:07:31 pm »

Happy No Brexit everyone!
:) Happy no Brexit. lets make March 29th Happy no Brexit day from now on.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19738 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:47 pm »
Rory Stewart was not clear at all as to what May will do if a customs union is agreed on Monday. Seems to be hinting that staring at the barrel of that will focus minds on one more crack at her MV.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19739 on: March 29, 2019, 11:16:32 pm »
Rory Stewart was not clear at all as to what May will do if a customs union is agreed on Monday. Seems to be hinting that staring at the barrel of that will focus minds on one more crack at her MV.

So it's rinse repeat of May's previous strategy?  Stall and hope the threat of no brexit intimidates MPs into supporting her deal? 

Granted, she's whittled the opposition down somewhat, but even if the ERG gets totally behind her, without the DUP she's reliant on Labour rebels to try and force this through.  And there's still the small matter of Bercow allowing yet another fucking vote on her deal.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19740 on: March 29, 2019, 11:16:57 pm »
I know the MPs supposedly don't want that, but since all flavours of brexit are fucking shite why not put remain up against the most shite which has the most chance of making potential wishywashy leave voters see sense and come back from the brink of disaster, rather than giving them the option of something that is worse than what we currently have (should be called EU+ ffs) where they can say at least it is a change.

Goes back to my point earlier, can you trust the electorate now? Its a huge risk, I never thought the Tory's would loose their majority in the last GE, it was completely unpredictable.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19741 on: March 29, 2019, 11:17:14 pm »
  :) Happy no Brexit. lets make March 29th Happy no Brexit day from now on.

https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1056949656037613569

It's the thought that counts.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #19742 on: March 29, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »
To be honest, before all this stuff started the whole Europe thing would have been of no importance at all to the DUP. It's not like the rights and wrongs of the Single Market got any mileage in their conferences and manifestos.

I think the DUP supported Brexit cos (a) their fellow travelers at the reactionary end of the Tory party supported it and (b) the Shinners and Dublin opposed it.
Make no mistake, if SF had supported Brexit, the DUP would have been Remainers.

Now I think they might be desperate for all this nonsense to end and get back to their normal version of bigotry and intransigence and most people on The Mainland ignoring them. Cos they now know that May's likely successors like Johnson and Rees-Mogg would sell them out in a nanosecond if it meant getting into no. 10.

If you are saying that they would not be naturally idealogical supporters of Brexit, I'd agree. However, I'm not sure that their support for Brexit was just down to the attitudes of thier respective friends and foes.My instinct is that a big factor was that in the event, albeit unlikely at the time, of a Brexit outcome to the referendum, they really didn't want to take the chance of been in a position where they and the overwhelming majority oh NI ( which it would have been if the DUP had opposed it) were against it.

Refusal to accept special treatment for Ni, which at the very least would optically challenge the concept of the Union, would be difficult to brazen out in the event that they had led opposition to Brexit in the first place.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #19743 on: March 29, 2019, 11:27:22 pm »
Looks like Grieve will be missing out on the decade long Parliamentary session to be called "the future relationship".

"Dominic Grieve loses confidence vote at Beaconsfield Conservative Association by 182 to 131 votes; paves way for deselection"

(via Sunday Times' Gabriel Pogrund)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19744 on: March 29, 2019, 11:28:48 pm »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19745 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:15 pm »
Looks like Grieve will be missing out on the decade long Parliamentary session to be called "the future relationship".

"Dominic Grieve loses confidence vote at Beaconsfield Conservative Association by 182 to 131 votes; paves way for deselection"

(via Sunday Times' Gabriel Pogrund)

Next Tigger/ChangeUK-er?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19746 on: March 29, 2019, 11:34:40 pm »
https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1056949656037613569

It's the thought that counts.
Brexit is probably the opposite to all those things, cheeky Ba...
Brexit, with a picture of John Bercow and the words, Order,Order Order. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:36:54 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19747 on: March 29, 2019, 11:36:06 pm »
If you are saying that they would not be naturally idealogical supporters of Brexit, I'd agree. However, I'm not sure that their support for Brexit was just down to the attitudes of thier respective friends and foes.My instinct is that a big factor was that in the event, albeit unlikely at the time, of a Brexit outcome to the referendum, they really didn't want to take the chance of been in a position where they and the overwhelming majority oh NI ( which it would have been if the DUP had opposed it) were against it.

Refusal to accept special treatment for Ni, which at the very least would optically challenge the concept of the Union, would be difficult to brazen out in the event that they had led opposition to Brexit in the first place.

Bit confused here, I thought most of NI voted remain, which is understandable? The £1bn bribe for the DUP to back the Tory's was always a bit dubious and founded on what? Then when the Tory's fucked them over with the backstop, whatever so called partnership they had was over.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19748 on: March 29, 2019, 11:37:41 pm »
Next Tigger/ChangeUK-er?

Would last all but the few weeks until we have a general election then he would be voted out.

The DUP are pondering apparently which option to go for on Monday. Would imagine they follow the SNP.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19749 on: March 29, 2019, 11:39:22 pm »
Next Tigger/ChangeUK-er?

Nothing left to lose now?

Popcorn's Art

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #19750 on: March 29, 2019, 11:40:56 pm »
I apologize in advance if the answers seem obvious, but I'm having a hard time following all this. Without getting into the Party/politician discussion (which confuses me quite a bit as a Canadian), I just have a few basic questions:

-So people voted to leave the EU, but the politicians in charge had no real plan if that happened? I mean, this talk of "soft" and "hard" Brexit seems to indicate that even the Leavers couldn't agree.

-Now they're voting on a bunch of different options, including a 2nd referendum? And none of those passed a majority vote, so nothing was accomplished?

-What ultimately happens if, come April 12th, no agreement is made? Can the EU just say, "Enough. Goodbye."?
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #19751 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:17 pm »
Next Tigger/ChangeUK-er?

Underlining their point whatever he chooses to do. There's only 8 of them left on the Tory backbenches.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #19752 on: March 29, 2019, 11:45:02 pm »
https://twitter.com/journobill/status/1111730538153476096

This is great for the Remainers. The raw racist, anti-semitic hatred of the Brexit janissaries. These are the Brexit shock troops and the nation is watching.

Normally the effect of seeing such thugs would be spoilt by a load of equally vile Trotskyist counter-demonstrators. But this time, oh happy land, the Trots and the Fascists are on the same side.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #19753 on: March 29, 2019, 11:46:28 pm »
-What ultimately happens if, come April 12th, no agreement is made? Can the EU just say, "Enough. Goodbye."?

Unless there's agreement to stop Brexit altogether then, yeah, the EU are in charge and we have to meet their demands. If no agreement is found in Parliament before the 12th April then we leave the EU with only whatever provisions they're willing to grant unilaterally. They have already stated that the minimum requirement to open further talks if that happens will be agreeing to what is in front of us now.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19754 on: March 29, 2019, 11:50:09 pm »
I apologize in advance if the answers seem obvious, but I'm having a hard time following all this. Without getting into the Party/politician discussion (which confuses me quite a bit as a Canadian), I just have a few basic questions:

-So people voted to leave the EU, but the politicians in charge had no real plan if that happened? I mean, this talk of "soft" and "hard" Brexit seems to indicate that even the Leavers couldn't agree.

-Now they're voting on a bunch of different options, including a 2nd referendum? And none of those passed a majority vote, so nothing was accomplished?

Yes to all three questions.  Welcome to British politics.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #19755 on: March 29, 2019, 11:56:14 pm »
One point which has stuck with me from close to the beginning was by one of the wonks on EU policy. She said that we're treating this like a negotiation between equals but the EU are treating it as an accession process in reverse. "You must do X by Y date in order to begin talks about Z".

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19756 on: March 29, 2019, 11:56:25 pm »
To be honest that's no big deal and people spoffing BS is what debating, politics and democracy is all about. Don't you think the Spanish and Italians can moan equally as well, if not more? In a way that is the remarkable thing about the EU, in that they have managed to somehow unite countries with such different values and cultures. It will be a shame to leave the EU.  :'(
Well, in the last few day, after all the voting shenanigans in the HoC, there were voices from politicians in Brussels whose opinions went along the lines of "it would be utterly ludicrous to have UK MEPs in the next EU parliament", because a) the British want out and b) we don't need more f**kwits like Frottage.
But you are absolutely right of course; the threshold for political pain and endurance is high in Brussels - it is a prerequisite to making work this whole system of getting so many different countries to agree on common principles as well as the complicated minutiae of trade stuff and whatnot. For decades the British were at the forefront of making the EU's life difficult - although recently one EU politician here said that at the end of the day the British mostly used to be very pragmatic - but they were/are far from the only ones. These days the EU deals with various anti EU factions, from the Italian crazies to Hungarian and Polish nutters (although none of them are mad enough to propose leaving the bloc). So there surely is a lot of head banging and probably some anger in Brussels, but of course they would prefer to keep the UK. At least keep them for now instead of having a no deal Brexit.

Same as many on here I would suspect many in Brussels hope that the longer any extension the less likely a Brexit might become, or at least the opportunity to make it as soft as possible will arise. Never give up hope until it is over, I guess. Last November I bought theatre tickets for a play in London at the end of April, wondering what the Brexit situation would be like by that time (admittedly I did not imagine *this* situation now), and last week I got a ticket for a concert at the Hall in November... hoping to still travel to a EU Britain. Most people here don't want you to leave and we don't want to leave you behind.  :'(

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19757 on: March 29, 2019, 11:59:27 pm »

There was no plan and never will be because a successful Brexit is impossible to deliver.
How can you have a plan to deliver the impossible.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #19758 on: March 30, 2019, 12:00:14 am »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan