Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179606 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #280 on: August 6, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »
I'm not on BT but if i ran the thing id be putting every man, woman and child on the phones to make sure all calls were answered as quick as possible. Fuck the extra cost. Not everyone will have sussed you can "opt in" etc. First impressions last.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: August 6, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »
So to activate my sky viewing card for this do I have to call BT Sports?

I've BT broadband.

Also as well as watching it through Sky is it free via the BT Sports App?

Well?

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 6, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
Well?
you need to go to the BT Tower in laandan and join the que to register ,shouldn't take long mate

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 6, 2013, 06:31:42 pm »
So to activate my sky viewing card for this do I have to call BT Sports?

I've BT broadband.

Also as well as watching it through Sky is it free via the BT Sports App?

If you have BT Broadband and Sky then go here to sign up.

Already have BT broadband?

Just add BT Sport to the Sky Digital Satellite Platform for FREE on one Sky box.

This will start a new 12-month contract of your current BT Broadband package. If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to - including when it ends. The basic price of BT broadband stays the same: and that's what you'll pay when any special offer stops.

What you need to order:

Your BT account number - find this on your latest bill or by logging into My BT
Your Sky viewing card number – you'll find this by selecting 'TV Guide' on your remote, then 'settings'. Please don't remove the card while ordering as this will stop us from being able to activate your card. If you have more than one Sky box at home, when you order make sure you give us the viewing card number of the box you'll want to watch BT Sport on (each Sky box has a different viewing card number).

It is also free to watch on the BT App and also the BT Sport Website.  You can install the app on as many devices as you like but can only have two concurrent streams.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2013, 06:39:39 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #284 on: August 6, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »
I'm still very doubtful BT Sport will be shown to Virgin Customers before season starts.

I quit VM on Friday night because I too don't see them getting it any time soon. During the call, while they were trying to convince me to stay, the lad on the phone said to me that they were announcing the deal "in two days". I'm glad I didn't sit and watch the clock while I was waiting for that to happen... Anyway, I got another phone call from them yesterday afternoon and the girl who was again trying to convince me to stay said exactly the same line. I mentioned that the lad from Friday night had said two days as well, and asked her whether or not lying to their customers was a standard policy when it comes to retentions. Then the strangest thing happened: she changed the subject entirely and started talking about broadband speeds instead...

They are the better part of useless, and am glad I am rid of them. The complete inactivity on the BT Sport deal is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 6, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »
I quit VM on Friday night because I too don't see them getting it any time soon. During the call, while they were trying to convince me to stay, the lad on the phone said to me that they were announcing the deal "in two days". I'm glad I didn't sit and watch the clock while I was waiting for that to happen... Anyway, I got another phone call from them yesterday afternoon and the girl who was again trying to convince me to stay said exactly the same line. I mentioned that the lad from Friday night had said two days as well, and asked her whether or not lying to their customers was a standard policy when it comes to retentions. Then the strangest thing happened: she changed the subject entirely and started talking about broadband speeds instead...

They are the better part of useless, and am glad I am rid of them. The complete inactivity on the BT Sport deal is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Always been with Sky but this new property I've moved into made it easier to go with Virgin.

If this ain't sorted by next week what is the point of sticking with Virgin and how many customers will they lose and are they even bothered?

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #286 on: August 6, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »
Always been with Sky but this new property I've moved into made it easier to go with Virgin.

If this ain't sorted by next week what is the point of sticking with Virgin and how many customers will they lose and are they even bothered?

The lad I spoke to on Friday was honest about one thing, and that was the amount of folks they are losing because of the BT Sport thing. He said they had been through quite a few calls since the launch last week and they were expecting more.

From my own experience as a VM customer (9 years by the time I make the switch to Sky) I have found them to be getting steadily worse over the past 3 or so years. Up until then, back in the old Telewest days as well as when VM first took over, they were always first class in terms of customer service, offers, etc. Nowadays I ain't feeling the love from them, so I really don't think they are arsed by losing folks. They have also become really, truly extortionate for what you get.

A cautionary word: check the terms of your contract if you are thinking about disconnecting, as they have some horrible early cancellation fees hidden in there.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 6, 2013, 09:20:31 pm »
I've got 6 months left on my Virgin Media contract. I've got XL TV, Internet and Phone with them and called them earlier about the BT Sport thing to be told that there's nothing they can do, they won't be changing the price of the XL package and to wait for an announcement. When asked about the cost he basically told me it will not be free like ESPN was and there will be a charge but he does not know how much yet.

They seem to be going down the route of "it was a free channel, therefore there's nothing we have to do" despite the fact it was clearly a very popular draw of their most expensive package. When pointed out that it wasn't a free add-on and was actually part of the package he disagreed, told me there's nothing else to discuss and hung up. Splendid.

Any ideas what I should do next? If it was going to be free like ESPN then I wouldn't mind, however I'm not really happy at the thought of having to pay. I would ring up and threaten to cancel, however, it'd cost £150 and I can't afford that.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 6, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
I've got 6 months left on my Virgin Media contract. I've got XL TV, Internet and Phone with them and called them earlier about the BT Sport thing to be told that there's nothing they can do, they won't be changing the price of the XL package and to wait for an announcement. When asked about the cost he basically told me it will not be free like ESPN was and there will be a charge but he does not know how much yet.

They seem to be going down the route of "it was a free channel, therefore there's nothing we have to do" despite the fact it was clearly a very popular draw of their most expensive package. When pointed out that it wasn't a free add-on and was actually part of the package he disagreed, told me there's nothing else to discuss and hung up. Splendid.

Any ideas what I should do next? If it was going to be free like ESPN then I wouldn't mind, however I'm not really happy at the thought of having to pay. I would ring up and threaten to cancel, however, it'd cost £150 and I can't afford that.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 6, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »
Well?
Have you tired sorting it via there web site mate, you need to have an on-lone account.

Pheeny

« Reply #290 on: August 7, 2013, 10:30:40 am »
Tried searching but to no avail so anyone got a link for the TV Schedule of both BT Sports 1 and 2

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #291 on: August 7, 2013, 10:44:26 am »
Tried searching but to no avail so anyone got a link for the TV Schedule of both BT Sports 1 and 2

Ridiculous that they don't have it on their own site.

This Sky link any good, Pheeny? You can filter from "All channels" to "Sports" and the schedule is there on channels 413 and 414 (HD),

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 7, 2013, 10:51:40 am »
The lad I spoke to on Friday was honest about one thing, and that was the amount of folks they are losing because of the BT Sport thing. He said they had been through quite a few calls since the launch last week and they were expecting more.

From my own experience as a VM customer (9 years by the time I make the switch to Sky) I have found them to be getting steadily worse over the past 3 or so years. Up until then, back in the old Telewest days as well as when VM first took over, they were always first class in terms of customer service, offers, etc. Nowadays I ain't feeling the love from them, so I really don't think they are arsed by losing folks. They have also become really, truly extortionate for what you get.

A cautionary word: check the terms of your contract if you are thinking about disconnecting, as they have some horrible early cancellation fees hidden in there.

Don't really want to spend extra to get out of my contract (though I will if I need to) and I tried Virgin today and the lady mentioned there is no timescale on whether they will get BT Sport(let alone by start of season).

Virgin will lose customers and people are far more likely to join Sky rather than BT so how do BT Sport benefit?

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #293 on: August 7, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »
I really don't like the picture-in-picture thing.

I like it, because the one thing that winds me up more than anything is the constant cuts to the bench to watch the manager chew chewing gum while the game is on . Well that and Lawrenson .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 7, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »
last month I cancelled most of my sky package and swichted my broadband and phoneline back to BT so getting the sports channels and HD free for a year. all working good so far but haven't tried the mobile/tablet appsd yet.

also, my brother was at the launch party a week last Friday at the olympic park and got his grid in a pic stood between humungous D and the little judas.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #295 on: August 7, 2013, 04:01:33 pm »
It's so easy to sign up for this online. No problems and 5 minutes later BT Sport is coming out of the tv box.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 7, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »
It's so easy to sign up for this online. No problems and 5 minutes later BT Sport is coming out of the tv box.

So do you just download the app on their web page?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 7, 2013, 04:08:15 pm »
Virgin Media need to hurry up!
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Pheeny

« Reply #298 on: August 7, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »
Ridiculous that they don't have it on their own site.

This Sky link any good, Pheeny? You can filter from "All channels" to "Sports" and the schedule is there on channels 413 and 414 (HD),

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide
Cheers.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 7, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

Free ESPN was the deciding factor in me ditching Sky to go with Virgin last November. Pretty pissed off now that, not only is ESPN no longer available, but more that they have no fucking clue what is going on with BT Sport, regardless of having to pay for it. Fucking amateur stuff from Virgin here. It is a joke aswell that we are losing channels from the package but the price is staying the same, and will likely increase in the near future.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #300 on: August 7, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »
So do you just download the app on their web page?

I'm just on about setting it up on the tele. Went to their online page put in my Sky viewing card number, BT account number, paid the £3 a month for HD and it was up within 5 minutes.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 7, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »
I take it BT Sport isnt free on virgin for tonights game then?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #302 on: August 7, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

not a chance and we lost ESPN into the bargain as well....
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 7, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »

BT sport isn't even available on virgin at the moment.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 7, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »
Free ESPN was the deciding factor in me ditching Sky to go with Virgin last November. Pretty pissed off now that, not only is ESPN no longer available, but more that they have no fucking clue what is going on with BT Sport, regardless of having to pay for it. Fucking amateur stuff from Virgin here. It is a joke aswell that we are losing channels from the package but the price is staying the same, and will likely increase in the near future.

Same reason we joined them mate. Now they're saying that you pay for the other channels as well as ESPN, which is bollocks, I wanted ESPN and didn't really care about the other channels. It made it cheaper to get them all together as a package instead of buying the Large package and having ESPN on the side. Going to phone them up again later, this is absolute bollocks.

They can't just take away something that you pay a lot of money for each month - if I went into a shop and bought 6 eggs and after I'd paid the woman behind the till she took one back I'd be extremely pissed off. I'd be even more pissed off if she then told me they'll replace my 6th egg with a gone off onion and I just have to put up with it.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 9, 2013, 07:08:53 am »
Phoned them again yesterday and threatened to leave. Bloke gave me half price for the next 6 months and said that it's more than likely BT Sport won't be available come the start of the season but it's highly unlikely it'll go past the end of august as it would make it less valuable. Also said he doesn't believe they'd negotiate this long and then charge XL package users and other package holders are likely to pay between 6 and 8 quid for it.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #306 on: August 9, 2013, 11:23:38 am »
Any decent lists of pubs with BT Sport that anyone knows about? Can vaguely remember Setanta having one when they set up.
Try the 'BT Sport Finder' here mate
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 9, 2013, 11:37:58 am »
Well looks like I won't be watching the Stoke game at home :no

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #308 on: August 9, 2013, 01:16:38 pm »
Seems like a basic question but how do you access the Online Player? I seem to be struggling - via the site it gives the option to 'activate' the app/online player but when I log in it doesn't take me anywhere :\

*I see - looks like I was trying to access via bt.com rather than the btsport site.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2013, 01:18:56 pm by jackh »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #309 on: August 9, 2013, 01:23:14 pm »
Can you not watch 'old' shows then?  I was hoping to tune into the two hour Bundesliga Preview but it looks like only live tv and selected short video clips are available :(

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »
Anyone know that link that is flying round were you can get all the sky sports channels and BT Sport streams all online and in HD???
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2013, 01:39:18 pm »
Old man wants this but is a £15 activation fee. Utter c*nts.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »
Anyone know that link that is flying round were you can get all the sky sports channels and BT Sport streams all online and in HD???

heard rumours of this too. if there are any links I'd really appreciate a PM
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline shanklylass

• Main Stander
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2013, 03:16:48 pm »
Spent about 2 hours this morning trying to get this activated all without success. I've set and re-set passwords, been on hold and been cut off. Ready to lob the laptop and phone out the window.

Closest I'll ever get to having anything in common with The King  :butt

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »
BT Sport really is shite!!!

David James is about as Charismatic as a turd flavoured Ice Cream. McManamanamanaman is a bit bland isn't he?

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:59 pm »
heard rumours of this too. if there are any links I'd really appreciate a PM

www.news-source.tv

But you will need a subscription. The site is made to look like a general footy news site, but once logged in its a 10 channels of glorious HD streams! sneaky!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2013, 11:09:33 am »
How easy is it to switch from Sky to BT for broadband...?

Our broadband is shite. Getting average speeds of 1-2mbps, sometimes even dips to 0.5mbps. Told them a few times and they sent out new bits but it didn't make a difference. Said they'd send an engineer but nothing occurred. Fed up with them. Guy across the way is getting 19mbps.

How do you make the change?

Been with Sky for over a year now, so is it just a case of phoning BT and letting them take care of it?

How long will it take to switch over and is there internet downtime to consider?

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2013, 11:22:07 am »
How easy is it to switch from Sky to BT for broadband...?

Our broadband is shite. Getting average speeds of 1-2mbps, sometimes even dips to 0.5mbps. Told them a few times and they sent out new bits but it didn't make a difference. Said they'd send an engineer but nothing occurred. Fed up with them. Guy across the way is getting 19mbps.

How do you make the change?

Been with Sky for over a year now, so is it just a case of phoning BT and letting them take care of it?

How long will it take to switch over and is there internet downtime to consider?

all you need is a mac code from sky this can take up to 5 days but after that bt do the rest and if you have a bt line all that it depends on is bt getting you a router etc so your looking at 2 weeks all in and am guessing your net will be down 2 days

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2013, 11:27:01 am »
Jesus H Christ i just want to stab Owen in the balls with a fucking pitchfork. What a fucking dull prick he is.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Dotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2013, 11:38:00 am »
This is rivalling ITV for worst analysis and commentary of any sports channel I've seen. It's just a constant bombardment of dullness, ignorance and general lack of interest. Why take Owen on as a commentator, when he's admitted  a few times that he's lost interest in football over the last few years??