Author Topic: Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, murdered  (Read 42078 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, murdered
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2016, 08:29:41 pm »
Crazy the level of readership they get, no idea how people read that shite seriously.

Dunno what it's like now but this is from 2015:

The NRS estimates that the Daily Mail and Mail Online has some 23.5m UK readers over the course of a month.

I have no idea how we even begin to turn around the stranglehold the Mail/S*n have over Britain. Especially in a culture where the public doesn't seem to care about things like facts, or the informed opinions of experts

The paper is the dangerous part, and it's hard to combat. Online is celeb wanking nonsense.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/02/daily_mail_new_york_times_how_the_british_tabloid_became_the_world_s_most_popular_online_newspaper_.html
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2016, 05:11:50 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/26/jo-coxs-was-followed-by-50000-tweets-celebrating-her-death

Social media's slowly becoming a home for the alt-right shitc*nts. Thankfully I've jibbed it off a few years ago. The sight of all these neo-nazis and blatant false propaganda floating about would drive me mad.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:12 pm »
Murdered 1 year ago today. A dark dark day for the UK.

Hopefully some good can come out of the tragedy: https://www.greatgettogether.org/

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2017, 03:10:11 pm »
One of the darkest days we've had as a nation in my lifetime. This was what made me realise we'd become truly, utterly sick as a country.

RIP Jo.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2017, 03:14:51 pm »
She seemed such a lovely woman especially after I watched a documentary on this through the week on BBC2 it just reinforced that.

RIP Jo.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2017, 11:01:23 am »
Recently went through my Twitter lists where I'd made collections of Labour and Tory MPs.  I was going to update it for the recent changes.  Don't have the heart to remove Jo from it.  A little nothing comment in a way but it just seems wrong to do so.

RIP.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:48 am »
The man who did this is a vile, unrepentant piece of shit.  No matter how you might feel about politics and politicians in general, robbing two small children of their mother and not caring a damn about it marks you as a special kind of sick.  >:( :'(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art