Author Topic: Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, murdered  (Read 42083 times)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Re: MP injured amid shooting reports
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 05:23:54 pm »
Shot & stabbed while doing her job?! what the hell is going on, what a shit era we're currently in. So sad. RIP.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: MP murdered
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »
A terrible, terrible thing. An MP, a public servant, for godssake. This is a big thing to happen to Britain.

RIP Jo.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 05:26:42 pm »
Oh wow. This is deeply shocking. RIP Jo.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:20 pm »
 :'(

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:31 pm »
She was only six days away from her 42nd birthday. :(

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 05:29:28 pm »
Fucking appalling. Just sickening. There needs to be answers to this and soon. Rest in peace Jo.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »
Bloody horrific news. Needless killing. Heartfelt sympathy to all her family and friends

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 05:34:26 pm »
Just...  Unbelievable.  R.I.P. Jo

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 05:35:16 pm »
Terrible news. feel for her family & kids.
Senseless
RIP

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 05:37:42 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ. What are we coming to?

RIP. How utterly fucking needless and evil.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 05:38:00 pm »
You could tell it was going to be horrific news at the start of the press conference before a single word was said. Just by the look on the police officer's faces.

Rest in peace. Absolutely horrifying. Quite what the motivation was is hard to fathom. You'd hardly class her as an extreme pusher of a certain type of politics. Just a totally mindless act of slaughter.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 05:41:08 pm »
An act of domestic terrorism. I'm only a few miles from being one of her constituents.

RIP Jo Cox :(
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 05:43:31 pm »
I have just heard about this... 

I just can't believe it's happened.  How could this happen in our country?

From what I've seen she looked like an incredibly kind and generous woman.  Such a tragic loss to the country.

Her poor poor family, such a desperately sad day..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »
Our society is getting uglier by the day it seems. Spread enough poison and something awful like this will happen. She spent her life fighting for the betterment of others. Just dreadful news.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:13 pm »
Police investigating reports suspect shouted 'Britain First'

Police are also investigating reports the suspect shouted “Britain First”, a possible reference to the far-right political party, as he launched the attack, Vikram Dodd, Nazia Parveen and Rob Booth report.

Graeme Howard, 38, who lives in nearby Bond Street, told the Guardian he heard the man shout “Britain First” before the shooting and during the arrest.

Police were understood to be talking to at least one witness who claimed to have heard the attacker shout words about the rightwing group, and the motivation for the incident will form part of their inquiry.

“I heard the shot and I ran outside and saw some ladies from the cafe running out with towels,” he said. “There was loads of screaming and shouting and the police officers showed up.

“He was shouting Britain First when he was doing it and being arrested. He was pinned down by two police officers and she was taken away in an ambulance.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/16/eu-referendum-live-osborne-brexit-budget-leave-tories?page=with:block-5762bb7fe4b0a88a1c872ce1#block-5762bb7fe4b0a88a1c872ce1
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:53 pm »

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2016, 05:47:45 pm »
Thoughts with her family. Horrific news

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2016, 05:50:56 pm »
This is just horrible :(

Thoughts with her family at this terrible time.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2016, 05:51:03 pm »
So, so tragic. A former charity worker who joined politics to help others- just so senseless.

R.I.P. Jo.

My thoughts are with you family

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »
Depressing news... RIP Jo

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:17 pm »
Our society is getting uglier by the day it seems. Spread enough poison and something awful like this will happen. She spent her life fighting for the betterment of others. Just dreadful news.

Certainly feels that way.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »
Awful news. Rest in peace.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, murdered
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »
Dreadful news.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2016, 06:01:55 pm »
Just a totally mindless act of slaughter.

Nope. Let's be absolutely claar that this was a premeditated attack, with a political message. The old adage says that war happens when politics fails, but wars also happen when politics becomes a form of terrorism. This kind of terrorism would be familiar to anyone who living in opposition to an oppressive regime, or maybe for people who failed to stop a form of terrorising politics becoming an oppressive regime...

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »
Just been sent a link to the tweets Nick Griffin sent out after the incident. Truly shocking.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »
I know there is a temptation to cast blame, but I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate at the moment.

Not the time or the place, just a matter of respect for her poor family.

Could we do the blaming later please?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »
Just been sent a link to the tweets Nick Griffin sent out after the incident. Truly shocking.
He's blocked me so I can't.  But why lower ourselves to his miserable standards by responding?
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2016, 06:06:07 pm »
He's blocked me so I can't.  But why lower ourselves to his miserable standards by responding?

I dont know i am not on twitter i just got sent images of what he sent and i looked on his page to see if they were really sent out by him.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2016, 06:08:03 pm »

Not today mate, i think this thread should be only for respectful Tributes and Condolences .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2016, 06:09:08 pm »
Absolutely awful news  :( RIP, Jo.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »
So, so tragic. A former charity worker who joined politics to help others- just so senseless.

R.I.P. Jo.

My thoughts are with you family

:-\ It's just a disgrace and absolutely tragic. Awful, awful news. Devastated.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »

Don't give that pondlife scumfuck the pleasure of being disgusted. Vermin like that are best being ignored on days like today. Today should be used to process the shock and mourn someone who was clearly a brave and passionate lady.

Tomorrow we can go back to fighting the far right with their bile and hatred and scumbag behaviour. Don't let them upset you further today, mate.

This has really got to me, which things like this rarely do. The darkest day in British politics in my lifetime, this. Fucking hell, it's just horrible.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2016, 06:18:17 pm »

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2016, 06:18:25 pm »
Sad news it came to this

...so he was a lonely guy with mental issues acting on his own? 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »
Sad news it came to this

...so he was a lonely guy with mental issues acting on his own? 
We don't know.  Not the time to speculates mate.
W

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2016, 06:28:37 pm »
Don't give that pondlife scumfuck the pleasure of being disgusted. Vermin like that are best being ignored on days like today. Today should be used to process the shock and mourn someone who was clearly a brave and passionate lady.

Tomorrow we can go back to fighting the far right with their bile and hatred and scumbag behaviour. Don't let them upset you further today, mate.

This has really got to me, which things like this rarely do. The darkest day in British politics in my lifetime, this. Fucking hell, it's just horrible.
Am the same. just getting more angry and upset the more I hear about that poor girl.
This country lost something today. It's innocence or something, just awful.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2016, 06:31:59 pm »
Am the same. just getting more angry and upset the more I hear about that poor girl.
This country lost something today. It's innocence or something, just awful.
I like to think in these terms....

Whenever there is a tragedy such as this, there is always a response.  Generally that response is a more reflective community, resulting in greater kindness and acts of compassion.

Good can come of tragedies, and usually the response brings humanity to the fore
W

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »
RIP Jo Cox.

I can never comprehend how anybody believes they have the right to end another human beings life. This is absolutely shocking, and my thoughts go out to her family and friends at this awful time.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »
Brave and powerful words from her husband. 

RIP.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »
I'm struggling to get my head around what motivates someone to do something like this. Truly shocking.