Author Topic: Shirt sales  (Read 6361 times)

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Re: Shirt sales
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2022, 04:56:25 pm »
Honest question, how are Bayern number 1? Where is this huge Bundesliga fan base that buys 3+mil football shirts. I've been lucky to travel quite a bit and I can't really remember seeing too many Bayern shirts.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 05:13:27 pm »
Honest question, how are Bayern number 1? Where is this huge Bundesliga fan base that buys 3+mil football shirts. I've been lucky to travel quite a bit and I can't really remember seeing too many Bayern shirts.
That surprised me too. On my travels it's always Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Mancs in by far the biggest numbers. Rarely see a Bayern top.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2022, 07:48:52 pm »
Colombians love football, Luis Diaz #7 will kill.   8)
He'll have to deal with James first! I can smell a slap on the way... ;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2022, 07:51:30 pm »
That surprised me too. On my travels it's always Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Mancs in by far the biggest numbers. Rarely see a Bayern top.
Never seen anyone, bar the German contingent in my country wearing a Bayern shirt (and even then, I've not seen many donning the shirt), so yeah- legit question.
Not even on any of my travels either.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2022, 08:01:06 pm »

Wonder if it has something to do with their CL success last season. There's a fickleness amongst world-wide 'fans' so maybe their victory instigated a spike in sales. Be interesting how they fare next year, provided they don't win it again.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2022, 08:04:38 pm »
From what I see on social media it's the parents more than anything buying the PSG or Bayern or Barca or Madrid kits and kitting the kids out in them. Similar to putting 8 year olds in Hugo Boss trackies and mad trainees that cost more than my car.

Might also just be Evertonians whose kids refuse to wear a Hummel kit with Allan on it.

Like I mentioned earlier, missus took me for our 1st wedding anniversary in Barcelona and we got a Messi shirt for the lad, he was 18 months old. Her Dad loved him in it, so we got a new one when he outgrew it. They were then handed down to our 2nd son and over the years he kept asking for a new Messi top, he's had about 4, plus a Barca shirt with Suarez on it, he's now on his 2nd Messi Argentina shirt. He wouldn't ask for a PSG shirt though. He's also had a Brazil kit with Firmino on the back and the oldest has had 2 Holland kits with Virgil on the back.

They've also had loads of Liverpool shirts, the worst shirt the youngest has had was when her Dad bought a Manc one with Rooney on it when he was 1. He never did that again thank fuck.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »

They have a catchment area in Germany that is huge and very wealthy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2022, 02:13:10 am »
Goes to show it made no sense to resign with New Balance, despite what connections FSG have with them in Boston. Different league.

NB made some lovely kits for us but yea you cannot match Adidas or Nike global reach and Retail Store reach

There is a Nike Store in prolly every big mall in the world along with all the other sport stores they sell to

Also the Nike deal is %20 of ALL revenue for anything LFC branded.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2022, 03:39:11 am »
They have a catchment area in Germany that is huge and very wealthy.
It must be fucking massive, if a catchemnt area in Germany, is large enough to outstrip the rest of the world in LFC, Mancs. RM and Barca.  cant see it myself
JFT 96

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2022, 05:20:40 am »
Just to put this in to perspective, if we are getting 20% of sales from Nike that will be retail not sales, so forget the £80 a shirt. That said our marketing guys are clearly the smart boys in the room.

Why are Munich top of the list? Well, about 25% of Germany support them and Germany is one of the richest nations on earth.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2022, 07:00:32 am »
Shirt sale figures may not include all the revenue streams, merchandise sales will be massive also. Branded lifestyle goods and events would contribute as well. Also, may probably include channel sales globally. So overall it’s an all encompassing deal and that’s why it may well run into 40m+ on top of the fixed payment of 30m or so. A global business revenue stream for a club will easily run into hundreds of millions for nike.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2022, 08:50:44 am »

I can give you three reasons. 1. I bet you'll find many Bayern shirts in Poland with Leva on the back. 2. Don't forget the fanatics who'll buy everything from the club. Bayern have many of them, domestically they are huge, probably the most supported club in the world domestically. I mean, all 13 milion bavarians support Bayern. 3. Munich is a very visited city, probably asian tourists like to buy them.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2022, 08:55:50 am »
I can give you three reasons. 1. I bet you'll find many Bayern shirts in Poland with Leva on the back. 2. Don't forget the fanatics who'll buy everything from the club. Bayern have many of them, domestically they are huge, probably the most supported club in the world domestically. I mean, all 13 milion bavarians support Bayern. 3. Munich is a very visited city, probably asian tourists like to buy them.

No one supports 1860? :'(

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2022, 10:34:42 am »

I know a girl.on the Wirral who's a Bayern fan. She has at least one top. Bit that's the only one I know of.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2022, 10:51:04 am »
I know a girl.on the Wirral who's a Bayern fan. She has at least one top. Bit that's the only one I know of.

One down. Anyone know any of the other 3.25m?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2022, 10:54:40 am »
I did read a while back that Bayern are supposedly the #1 followed team in China.

When they do pre season tours to Asia they only go to China and play multiple games there.

I just found this on a quick search.

In the renowned Red Card study, FC Bayern was once again one of the most successful top European clubs for its fan activities in China in 2020. In the "Best Creative Campaign" category, the treble winners were awarded gold for their 'Trophy Tour' in five Chinese cities. FC Bayern won silver in the "Best Livestream" and "Best CSR Initiative" categories, making the German record champions the only club with three top 3 prizes out of a total of six awards. The annual Red Card study by the Shanghai-based Mailman Group has been comparing the activities of top foreign clubs in China since 2012. It is one of the most relevant awards in the industry.

In November, the three FC Bayern trophies were also presented on state broadcaster CCTV-5 to an audience of 3.8 million.

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2021/01/digital-and-flexible-closeness-to-fans--fc-bayern-scoops-titles-in-china-too
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:58:03 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2022, 11:03:24 am »

Glory supporters

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2022, 12:26:45 pm »
I might get slated for this but am I alone in being depressed by this thread?  :'( All this talk of who has the most cash from shirt sales has me spooked.

I suppose what I'm saying is - my ultimate worst nightmare would be a world where the Liverbird LFC logo becomes like the NY Yankees baseball cap: everywhere, ubiquitous, meaningless - that'd break my heart

Don't get me wrong I want our name to ring out, but just not like that.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:29:04 pm by zadoktBeast »

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2022, 09:34:59 pm »
I might get slated for this but am I alone in being depressed by this thread?  :'( All this talk of who has the most cash from shirt sales has me spooked.

I suppose what I'm saying is - my ultimate worst nightmare would be a world where the Liverbird LFC logo becomes like the NY Yankees baseball cap: everywhere, ubiquitous, meaningless - that'd break my heart

Don't get me wrong I want our name to ring out, but just not like that.

Rather that than become a sportswashing franchise, or mid table tier.
Something has got to give after all.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2022, 10:31:18 pm »
It must be fucking massive, if a catchemnt area in Germany, is large enough to outstrip the rest of the world in LFC, Mancs. RM and Barca.  cant see it myself

Bavaria alone has a population of 15m people. As I said it is also a very wealthy. Which reduces the number of knock offs.

People talk about travelling and seeing loads of certain shirts. The thing is how many of those shirts are actual genuine replica shirts that actually count in terms of shirt sales.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2022, 11:18:18 pm »
Al, a weekend in Istanbul and I'd get you evrey teams kit in the top 5 leagues.  ;D

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2022, 12:57:23 am »
Al, a weekend in Istanbul and I'd get you evrey teams kit in the top 5 leagues.  ;D

Exactly.

The best one was around a decade ago when everyone who went to the Costa's came back with a Barca Messi shirt. Barcelona must have been minted from all of those completely legit replica shirts.

Really useful being able to buy your Inflatables, sunscreen, sunglasses, flip-flops and legit Barca shirt from the same beach seller.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2022, 07:47:00 am »
Bavaria alone has a population of 15m people. As I said it is also a very wealthy. Which reduces the number of knock offs.

People talk about travelling and seeing loads of certain shirts. The thing is how many of those shirts are actual genuine replica shirts that actually count in terms of shirt sales.

Bayern literally means Bavaria in german.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2022, 12:17:56 am »
I'm guessing he was referring to links like these:

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2022/01/which-soccer-club-sold-most-football-shirts-2021

https://www.90min.com/posts/top-10-best-selling-football-shirts-in-europe-2021?utm_source=RSS

Seems to have been carried out by someone called Euromerica Sport Marketing

1. Bayern Munich - 3.25m
2. Real Madrid - 3.05m
3. Liverpool - 2.45m
4. Manchester United - 1.95m
5. Juventus - 1.42m
6. Barcelona - 1.34m
7. Chelsea - 1.31m
8. Borussia Dortmund - 1.22m
9. Paris Saint-Germain - 1.18m
10. Manchester City - 1.08m

No wonder the Mancs wanted plastic Ronnie so bad, they'd drop out of the top 4 in shirt sales.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2022, 02:06:14 am »

I think the source of the confusion is that this table is only for sales IN EUROPE

(https://www.90min.com/posts/top-10-best-selling-football-shirts-in-europe-2021?utm_source=RSS)

Now this will include sales to tourists visiing Europe from the rest of the world (and online sales from European websites/etc) - but presumably doesn't cover legitimate (not knock-off) sales in Asia; North America; South America; Africa; or Oceania... so massively underestimates the real selling power of a team like LFC....
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2022, 06:55:40 am »
I did read a while back that Bayern are supposedly the #1 followed team in China.

When they do pre season tours to Asia they only go to China and play multiple games there.

I just found this on a quick search.

In the renowned Red Card study, FC Bayern was once again one of the most successful top European clubs for its fan activities in China in 2020. In the "Best Creative Campaign" category, the treble winners were awarded gold for their 'Trophy Tour' in five Chinese cities. FC Bayern won silver in the "Best Livestream" and "Best CSR Initiative" categories, making the German record champions the only club with three top 3 prizes out of a total of six awards. The annual Red Card study by the Shanghai-based Mailman Group has been comparing the activities of top foreign clubs in China since 2012. It is one of the most relevant awards in the industry.

In November, the three FC Bayern trophies were also presented on state broadcaster CCTV-5 to an audience of 3.8 million.

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2021/01/digital-and-flexible-closeness-to-fans--fc-bayern-scoops-titles-in-china-too

Cheers. That helps make some sense of it, just rather odd considering the teams they're up against. Some other posters pointed out the large amount of fake kits in circulation and why we see so many Barca/Real/United/Liverpool kits about.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close