Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 194530 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: League Cup
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2022, 05:30:40 pm »
Them people who got priority rights was when hicks and Gillette took the club over 15 years ago , you’d imagine they would be less and less as years go by as hopefully they aren’t passed on when the ex shareholder passes away
is a bit grim but does sound like something that could be passed on in a will

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: January 24, 2022, 06:38:33 pm »
dangerous for club if PRH can pass on in their will then why cant STH's do same?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2022, 06:43:25 pm »
dangerous for club if PRH can pass on in their will then why cant STH's do same?
ST isn't a legally binding thing, you don't own the seat only renting it from the club yearly. PRH sounds like a written contract kind of thing which could be passed down. I could be completey wrong tbf

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #523 on: January 24, 2022, 06:44:19 pm »

Having a STH or being a PRH shouldn’t be an heirloom to pass down from one generation to another. Surely this doesn’t happen?

Fair play to those who are PRHs, most will be STHs or members on the ladder anyway.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2022, 07:05:09 pm »
Having a STH or being a PRH shouldn’t be an heirloom to pass down from one generation to another. Surely this doesn’t happen?

Fair play to those who are PRHs, most will be STHs or members on the ladder anyway.
it definitely happens with ST, that's way they needed the amnesty

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2022, 07:10:38 pm »
is a bit grim but does sound like something that could be passed on in a will

was told it explicitly says 'lifetime' but it is what it is, they made a fair deal. more of an issue with sponsors taking up seats.
YNWA.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2022, 09:04:11 pm »
Am I right in thinking even if me and my mate are both successful in separate ballot applications it will be near impossible to actually sit by each other at the match as you then have to apply for your seat and i imagine 2 together will go very quickly.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2022, 09:50:16 pm »
Am I right in thinking even if me and my mate are both successful in separate ballot applications it will be near impossible to actually sit by each other at the match as you then have to apply for your seat and i imagine 2 together will go very quickly.
If you're connected you just buy as you normally would when you log in. Two together might not be so difficult if one of you gets in early. Seeing as you'll both be in the same sale you may as well see the lay of the land on the day. As you'll both be queuing for the same game if someone gets in quite quick they can just box two off and the other person won't even need to login.

I mean to be honest 2 together is hardly even 4 together, you should be sound for 2 I think considering only the very very last people in will go last as because everyone will qualify the sale won't be over subscribed.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2022, 09:53:35 pm »
I've heard a few times that the PRH's last 99 years. Not sure if there is any substance to that or just something somebody made up that's been passed on.
The priority rights are non-transferrable and remain valid until death or the year 2107, whichever is sooner.  Theoretically, I doubt anything would stop someone else purchasing tickets using them as they're essentially all on-line sales these days with a secondary supporter ID to your membership.

Offline shaunNW

• Main Stander
  • semi-Woolyback
« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2022, 10:07:05 pm »
I'm right in saying that I'm guaranteed even tho on my dad's St we distributed one game

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2022, 10:52:57 pm »
The priority rights are non-transferrable and remain valid until death or the year 2107, whichever is sooner.  Theoretically, I doubt anything would stop someone else purchasing tickets using them as they're essentially all on-line sales these days with a secondary supporter ID to your membership.

Can see all those 130 year old priority rights holders screaming at the club "loyalty means nothing" in 2107, when it's taken away from them.

• Kopite
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2022, 10:53:35 pm »
I'm right in saying that I'm guaranteed even tho on my dad's St we distributed one game

Yeah, the credit stays with the original purchaser.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2022, 10:53:38 pm »
Guaranteed if you’ve been to at least one away and 2 homes. The ST holder keeps the credit despite the ticket being distributed.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2022, 11:36:11 pm »
Can see all those 130 year old priority rights holders screaming at the club "loyalty means nothing" in 2107, when it's taken away from them.

I'll guarantee if you come back here in 2107, there will be such a thread
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2022, 07:34:37 pm »
How many tickets go to players family and friend and club sponsors

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2022, 08:09:13 pm »
Right…. So been doing some maths. Working out probability’s etc. for people who have applied in groups the odds of being successful are actually around 20% mark. As apposed to those who registered indivaully would be around the 45-55% mark, that’s when you take into account people would of applied in groups etc.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2022, 08:09:40 pm »
If everyone applied individually it’s about 60-65%

• Kopite
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2022, 08:25:27 pm »
Right…. So been doing some maths. Working out probability’s etc. for people who have applied in groups the odds of being successful are actually around 20% mark. As apposed to those who registered indivaully would be around the 45-55% mark, that’s when you take into account people would of applied in groups etc.

It doesn't matter if you apply by yourself or in a group, your odds of being successful will be the same. They will take the all the transaction numbers and rank them randomly. If the transaction number is high up in the results of the ballot, everyone who registered in that transaction will get a ticket (whether that be 1 person or 4 people).

The only thing to consider if you're in a group is whether you want a very high chance of at least one/two of you getting a ticket (if so then apply individually), or a lower chance (but still high) of all of you getting a ticket.

To demonstrate what I'm talking about above, assuming 4 people want to go together and that the odds of being successful are 70%

If they register together:
 70% chance of all being successful
30% chance of all being unsuccessful

If they register individually:

24% chance of all being successful
0.81% chance of all being unsuccessful

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:40:18 pm by CornerTakenQuickly »

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2022, 08:29:40 pm »

It doesn't work like that, if anything the people who apply in groups are more likely to get a ticket because they are combined as one entry.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2022, 09:02:12 pm »
Just reading through the thread. The difference in what people think the ballot success rate is varies massively. Anywhere between about 50-90%! 

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2022, 09:19:08 pm »
Just reading through the thread. The difference in what people think the ballot success rate is varies massively. Anywhere between about 50-90%!

I’d say more towards the 50% mark than 90% although I think not all will take a ticket even though they’re in the ballot so hopefully more like 60% success rate

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2022, 09:33:13 pm »
I think some will forget or not bother to enter the ballot. 75% feels about right. Annoyingly high if you aren’t successful

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:30 pm »
Crazy to think the last league cup final was 97% ballot success.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #543 on: January 25, 2022, 09:55:28 pm »

Wow, really. Who did we have that year in the build up? Know we had Stoke in the semis all I can remember

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2022, 10:02:57 pm »

And yet it’s somehow impossible to get a ticket for Cardiff without Shrewsbury.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2022, 10:06:02 pm »
Wow, really. Who did we have that year in the build up? Know we had Stoke in the semis all I can remember
Stoke City Home (26/1/16), Stoke City away (5/1/2016), Southampton away (2/12/2015), AFC Bournemouth home (28/10/2015), Carlisle United home (23/9/2015)

Also worth noting we got less tickets allocated last time

• Kopite
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2022, 10:47:44 pm »
And yet it’s somehow impossible to get a ticket for Cardiff without Shrewsbury.

Once the seats reserved for contractual obligations are released, it will go to all members/ST holders (won't be that many left though).

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2022, 11:11:20 pm »
even 50% is twice as good as Kyivs 27%

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2022, 11:13:39 pm »
I think some will forget or not bother to enter the ballot. 75% feels about right. Annoyingly high if you aren’t successful
Anfield still hadn't been expanded yet so the number of possible people with credits would've been significantly lower, downside of the Annie Road expansion upcoming too is that ballot odds will only decrease further

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2022, 05:51:05 am »
Once the seats reserved for contractual obligations are released, it will go to all members/ST holders (won't be that many left though).

It best not do as I have Shrewsbury and I’ve been looking all week for any to appear and I haven’t seen any.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2022, 08:37:10 am »
It doesn't matter if you apply by yourself or in a group, your odds of being successful will be the same. They will take the all the transaction numbers and rank them randomly. If the transaction number is high up in the results of the ballot, everyone who registered in that transaction will get a ticket (whether that be 1 person or 4 people).

The only thing to consider if you're in a group is whether you want a very high chance of at least one/two of you getting a ticket (if so then apply individually), or a lower chance (but still high) of all of you getting a ticket.

To demonstrate what I'm talking about above, assuming 4 people want to go together and that the odds of being successful are 70%

This is correct - its transaction based

The way you enter should depend on your personal situation

I'd enter everyone as individuals, unless you are someone who wouldnt buy a final ticket if only you got one and your friends and family didnt - basically if you're not willing to go on your own go as a group - if you would go on your own, enter individually

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2022, 10:10:46 am »

That was with only needing 2 of the 3 homes as well if I remember correctly

• Kopite
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2022, 10:29:27 am »
It best not do as I have Shrewsbury and I’ve been looking all week for any to appear and I haven’t seen any.

You'll get to buy one before it goes to all members/ST holders.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #553 on: January 26, 2022, 10:50:03 am »

This is not entirely correct as we don't know how many joint registrations will apply.

For example, lets says there are 100 seats going in the ballots, If 100 entries in the ballot are all groups of 4, then in theory what's needed is 400 seats, but as there's only 100 seats, only 25 entries will get picked in the ballot - which is a 25% chance of winning. However, if all the entries are just singles, then in theory everyone will get a seat, which gives everyone a 100% chance. Throw in joint registrations with 2 or 3 people, it complicates it all further.

So until we know how the entries are ie how many single registrations, or registrations with 2, 3 or 4 people together, and how many tickets there might be left for the ballot after those with £ games, the PRHs, the players and the corporate take their allocation, we can't really make any sort of educated guess about what the chances of winning are.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #554 on: January 26, 2022, 11:37:48 am »
This is not entirely correct as we don't know how many joint registrations will apply.

For example, lets says there are 100 seats going in the ballots, If 100 entries in the ballot are all groups of 4, then in theory what's needed is 400 seats, but as there's only 100 seats, only 25 entries will get picked in the ballot - which is a 25% chance of winning. However, if all the entries are just singles, then in theory everyone will get a seat, which gives everyone a 100% chance. Throw in joint registrations with 2 or 3 people, it complicates it all further.

So until we know how the entries are ie how many single registrations, or registrations with 2, 3 or 4 people together, and how many tickets there might be left for the ballot after those with £ games, the PRHs, the players and the corporate take their allocation, we can't really make any sort of educated guess about what the chances of winning are.

All of the above was going round in my head as well. You have explained it a lot better than I could though.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2022, 12:03:52 pm »
This is correct - its transaction based

The way you enter should depend on your personal situation

I'd enter everyone as individuals, unless you are someone who wouldnt buy a final ticket if only you got one and your friends and family didnt - basically if you're not willing to go on your own go as a group - if you would go on your own, enter individually
Basically this.

If you and your Dad (for example) sit together but your Dad has no intention of going the final - you'd enter two individual applications as it gives you two chances to be in the top of the ballot list.

If you only want to go with your Dad (for example) you'd submit as a group.

This implies that the ballot would be 4 times over subscribed though (400 people for 100 tickets), and I'm not sure that is what will happen.

Someone has already said, it will organise all the applications into a big list and then just award the number of available tickets to those at the top. Any remainder go to the waiting list.

In terms of the make up of the numbers, I think there will be a big spread of different numbers applying so it won't make too much odds.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2022, 12:07:28 pm »
Going off the previous European finals we’ve been in.
63% off tickets go to general fans
So around 20,789 tickets left.
Let’s say around 5,900 have 3 credits, so we will have around 14,889 tickets left for a ballot.
Around 30k was in the ballot for Madrid 2019.
So if its similar numbers it’s looking like a 50% chance.

Got 3 cards in the ballot, praying for 2/3 but can’t see myself even getting one.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2022, 01:04:03 pm »
Going off the previous European finals we’ve been in.
63% off tickets go to general fans
So around 20,789 tickets left.
Let’s say around 5,900 have 3 credits, so we will have around 14,889 tickets left for a ballot.
Around 30k was in the ballot for Madrid 2019.
So if its similar numbers it’s looking like a 50% chance.

Got 3 cards in the ballot, praying for 2/3 but can’t see myself even getting one.

And this is why it's best to enter as a group rather than individually.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #558 on: January 26, 2022, 01:13:34 pm »
And this is why it's best to enter as a group rather than individually.
It's a bit like game theory. Ours have all entered individually so at at least - barring a statistical improbability - 1/2 will be going the final with me. The alternative could have been a 50% chance (twice: am entry of 4 and an entry of 2) that I went on my own.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 26, 2022, 01:20:40 pm »

If all entries in that ballot were singles, there would be 400 entries for 100 tickets. It is still 25% chance. It is the same