Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175081 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #640 on: June 3, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »

If we can`t improve on that massively we should all really lock up and go home.

I wish all these miserabilist 'I wanna big name manager commensurate with the big name of LFC' so called fucking fans would lock up and go fuckin home.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 07:39:38 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: June 3, 2015, 07:49:05 pm »

Best thing I read here in a long while

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: June 3, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »
This is good news, really happy that Brendan is staying.  I am 100% convinced that in the next few years he will lead us to the title, I have had that feeling pretty much since I first started to see his Swansea team and when he was appointed I just knew that he will do it, and I still believe that 100%

I just hope that Brendan doesn't approach next season with any fear - that he gives it 110% and says fuck it, lets go for it, that's when he's at his best and when the team are at its best.  But it will be difficult as he will be under huge pressure - and this for me is the real problem with the last couple of games of the season - it might have instilled a little bit of fear in him - I really hope it hasn't though

If it hasn't then I am fairly confident we will hit the 80 point mark, very confident in fact, and then wherever that takes us - so be it

Offline readybreck

• road
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #644 on: June 3, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »
Dear Brendan put some strikers on the pitch next season...

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
« Reply #645 on: June 3, 2015, 08:07:15 pm »
I think this is a good post. The constant bitching about FSG does my nut in. A year ago we were sat here and literally EVERYONE was saying "oh I hope FSG don't sack Brendan if next season doesn't happen to live up to this one". When Kenny got the sack, and Brendan was hired, everyone was saying "I hope they're going to stick with him and not get rid of him after one bad season"... and look at the vultures now. Gutted that the club stood by their man. You could hardly make it up. Except of course it was entirely predictable.

I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they've not bowed to the pressure. I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they recognise this season wasn't good enough, but are going to try to put things right within our current system, not just fuck it all off and start again.

They couldn't win really though. Even if they had sacked Brendan, you can bet everyone on here would have been all "I can't believe they've sacked him after one poor year, back to square one, just what they wanted, all part of their plan for perpetual mediocrity"... blah blah blah.

So, needless to say, while last season was a huge disappointment, and mistakes were made, and bad decisions were made... the answer is not to rip it up and start again. The answer is continuity. The answer is to stick together. The answer is to correct the mistakes. But no. Everyone wants things NOW, don't they?

The biggest problem at our club is not FSG or Brendan Rodgers or Mario Balotelli or Ian Ayre or Raheem Sterling... no. It's our kneejerk bunch of wanker fans.
cos you know everything. See if you feel the same about wonderful Brendan this time next year.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #646 on: June 3, 2015, 08:08:58 pm »

Sums up my view on it exactly. Well put.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #647 on: June 3, 2015, 08:11:21 pm »
I have just read the news in the Guardian. Story can be found here.

On balance, I am pleased that FSG has decided to back the manager. God knows, I have been frustrated with him and his choices this season, but I instinctively dislike the knee-jerk opinions of the modern media, and so have tended to set aside my own impatience as something created by too much reading.

I think it is right that our manager is given more time to make progress. Rationally, I know where we are as a club and the challenges that face us in this football era. Three seasons is not enough to make us perennial contenders on or off the pitch. If the baying mob consider this 'settling for mediocrity' then I accept the label, whilst privately laughing at their sense of entitlement. In my youth, I had my over-developed sense of entitlement satisfied almost every season. I feel for those who have never had that, and can't see that it will never return in the same manner while the structure of football remains 'the money takes it all'.

Having said that, I've been very troubled by the manner of defeats and decisions made this season. Accepting that my knowledge of football is not great, some of the choices in rotation and use of young players have been baffling. Some decisions, in my view, that Rodgers has made have bordered on cowardly, but perhaps are better characterised as inexperienced and over-pressured. He has lost my trust, but I am willing to continue my support in the hope that he will grow through this awful time and realise that he must stick to whatever principles he has and drive on. If his principles are wrong, so be it. But don't chop and change, don't play young players out of position all the time, and don't bend. If you're going to go down, go down doing what you believe in. More than likely, you will succeed.

My lack of trust comes from not actually knowing what his principles are. I loved the manner in which he had us playing last season, not just for the success, but because it was Liverpool through and through. This season, I have had no idea what he wants to achieve, who he is as a manager. Are we to be a Swansea, 'death-by-football' team - which I would personally hate, as the biggest gripes I have are the pointless passing in front of our goal before anything happens and the twenty-minute delay every time we have a throw-in whilst we try and find the 'perfect' throw - or the free-flowing, madcap, go get-'em-tiger of last season, which I loved despite having to take shares in a blood-pressure pharmaceutical factory. Whatever it is Brendan, for fuck's sake please believe in it and stick to it.

FSG have also lost some of my trust, as it's not entirely clear any more that they want us to have the success they brought to the Red Sox. I don't know what their plan is either, but for now they have my support too. By sticking with Brendan, I feel more comfortable that they understand what stability brings, and that their end of season review - which is clearly not going to be shared with us, the supporters, for whatever inscrutable reasons - has been thorough and provided detailed conclusions up which they will act decisively. Keeping Brendan is a good move, in my view, because radical change will inevitably bring radical instability, and there is no manager out there aside from Rafa who I would trust to get the club right. All the rest would suffer from the same horror show we as supporters have served up for Rodgers this season, probably even more so.

The players I am more sanguine about. I think we did pretty well last transfer window, and that our young players will be much better in their second season. Returning to my theme above, I consider we did them no favours by the constant chopping and changing of their roles - as a leader myself, I believe strongly in getting new people to excel in their correct role before challenging them with instability. Indeed, the first rule of change management is to ensure people can mentally cope with the change around them by giving them some sense of their role and allowing them to achieve in it. Setting people up to fail, when all around them is also crashing, will cause psychological crises, especially in youngsters in the early twenties. This is my biggest criticism of Rodgers' management - bearing in mind he's young too, at least in managerial terms - and it is why, in my opinion, the wheels finally fell off badly in the last third of the season. There's a point in a crisis where people just give up through confusion and psychological weariness.

The commitment to stability, after a period of holiday, will do everyone a power of good. However, I would expect Rodgers to meet with each player now, apologise for his indecision and mistakes, and agree a way forward that they can embrace. In a few weeks time, if that air is cleared now, they will reassemble full of fight and clarity for the new season. It's not easy, but it is liberating - I've done it myself after a calamitous year of my own mistakes, and my teams (business not sports) have always appreciated the frankness and honesty. They also however, want direction with the humility - people want leaders, however flawed, to lead with decisiveness. I hope Brendan has that in him.

Finally, the fans I have less hope for. I am disappointed by some of what I have read on this site and heard from people elsewhere. We are all influenced by the media, of course, and our own disappointments. The saddest thing is that we turn on each other, and I hope that tidal wave of resentment on either side flows back from whence it came. The joy of being a Liverpool supporter, for me at least, has always been the tight knit sense of community - that we belong to something, together, that is greater than football, that our city and people represent, and that the club represents through sport. It's a privilege that we should enjoy whatever league our club plays in, however well we do.

I hope that process of healing will be helped by great success this coming season, and that Rodgers and the players that wear the red shirt will show us marvellous things once again. But I hope we re-unite as supporters too, and support our manager and team through whatever comes, storm or dawn.

This is a brilliant post and an inspiring contribution. I fully agree with everything you say, in particular your summary of the psychological health of our manager and players. Based on some hard own experience by the sounds of it. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #648 on: June 3, 2015, 08:18:14 pm »
cos you know everything. See if you feel the same about wonderful Brendan this time next year.

I'd like to ask you a question if you don't mind?...

Do you want to see Brendan fail this coming season and then get the chop?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #649 on: June 3, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »
Well said Rhi.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: June 3, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »
I think this is a good post. The constant bitching about FSG does my nut in. A year ago we were sat here and literally EVERYONE was saying "oh I hope FSG don't sack Brendan if next season doesn't happen to live up to this one". When Kenny got the sack, and Brendan was hired, everyone was saying "I hope they're going to stick with him and not get rid of him after one bad season"... and look at the vultures now. Gutted that the club stood by their man. You could hardly make it up. Except of course it was entirely predictable.

I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they've not bowed to the pressure. I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they recognise this season wasn't good enough, but are going to try to put things right within our current system, not just fuck it all off and start again.

They couldn't win really though. Even if they had sacked Brendan, you can bet everyone on here would have been all "I can't believe they've sacked him after one poor year, back to square one, just what they wanted, all part of their plan for perpetual mediocrity"... blah blah blah.

So, needless to say, while last season was a huge disappointment, and mistakes were made, and bad decisions were made... the answer is not to rip it up and start again. The answer is continuity. The answer is to stick together. The answer is to correct the mistakes. But no. Everyone wants things NOW, don't they?

The biggest problem at our club is not FSG or Brendan Rodgers or Mario Balotelli or Ian Ayre or Raheem Sterling... no. It's our kneejerk bunch of wanker fans.

Very eloquently put! Fully agree with everyone else too. The baseless negativity is baffling and unbearable at times.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #651 on: June 3, 2015, 08:23:13 pm »
It's true.

I believe it. Jonathan Norcroft from the Sunday Times mentioned it. Next question is did he turn us down, or did he say, thanks but no thanks I want a break, or did they not pursue it for whatever reason. Either way, maybe Brendan is a lucky like Napoleon's generals, and I hope that stays with him next season. We need it!
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #652 on: June 3, 2015, 08:23:29 pm »
Congratulations Brendan on another chance to move on from all the challenges of this season.  We would all take a rerun of the season before.  Meeting with FSG could have been like simple math - Here is the sum to solve... (if Sterling would leave)

Gerrard+Suarez+Sterling=?

That's basically what we need to answer, so we have to aim big. We tried to solve the Suarez sum last year with volume and it didn't work.  So now please get quality.
If Raheem stays, simply remove him from the equation - still big

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #653 on: June 3, 2015, 08:24:50 pm »
Lets hope we do, because if we do, it will have been a good season. If not, then Brendan gets a shake of the hand, thanks for your efforts and good luck for the future.

Does that sit OK with you or would you prefer negativity, abuse and I told you so atmosphere?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: June 3, 2015, 08:25:50 pm »
I believe it. Jonathan Norcroft from the Sunday Times mentioned it. Next question is did he turn us down, or did he say, thanks but no thanks I want a break, or did they not pursue it for whatever reason. Either way, maybe Brendan is a lucky like Napoleon's generals, and I hope that stays with him next season. We need it!

Norcroft said we were looking at possible candidates. He didn't say we'd approached anyone mate.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #655 on: June 3, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »

Ha!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #656 on: June 3, 2015, 08:29:50 pm »
Norcroft said we were looking at possible candidates. He didn't say we'd approached anyone mate.

his story mentions Klopp by name

A process is under way of examining the availability and credentials of other candidates, such as Jurgen Klopp

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/article1562755.ece

Its all academic now. But they did do some diligence and checked out the field before making their decision, what influenced that decision we don't know. And its irrelevant I suppose to the task at hand. All eyes to the front, and forward with Brendan now.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline billys-s3

• Kemlynite
« Reply #657 on: June 3, 2015, 08:31:47 pm »
Can someone, anyone, please explain to me how the fuck next season could turn out to be remotely as inept as the one just gone?

How would the club permit us to embark on another season without any attacking outlet worthy of the name?

Last season we had nothing up front. A big fat ZERO.

Next season we'll have a range of pretty solid attacking options.

There's absolutely no way there's even the slightest chance of the sort of ignominy we witnessed last season when our entire attacking momentum for the whole season consisted of Sterling and Coutinho and had blown itself to a standstill by early March.

So what the fuck are you miserabilist bastards falling over yourselves for to espouse doom and fucking gloom for in post after fucking post? You're a collective fucking disgrace to the name of Liverpool Football Club with all this defeatist shite.

Open yer fuckin eyes to the reality of the situation. There's not the slightest chance of a repeat of what we've just had to endure. Not a fuckin chance.

We may not end up with the rsources to mount a league challenge - though we just might - but we'll certainly be in with more than a fair shout of being able to compete for a top four position with a young side that will no longer be so bare fuckin boned as it was for the entire season just gone.

Season 13/14 :
lambert :13 goals,11 asists in 37 games
balotelli :14 goals,6 asists in 30 games
borini : 7goals ,3 asists in 32 games
all stats are from transfermarkt.
Now,if you think these players represent a big fat zero, YOU have to open your eyes.
 I dont know if you are a rodgers fan or not, but a proper manager would find a way to use these players for the benefit of the team .After all,we theoretically were a superior team ,with superior teammates compared to these players' previous teams. Truth is ,our young ,outstanding tactician managed to take 4 (!) goals combined.
As for next season, well ,origi is a member of the worst 11 of the french league and  danny ings had a lot worse season compared to charlie austin  under similar circumstances .As for the new player ,no one knows ,but it seems he wont be a so called world class cf.
I am not saying that these players are useless, but i simply cant see how you can be optimistic that rodgers will make them work.
Of course , no one knows the future, but you remind me of those guys that really believe in aliens . i am not saying they dont exist, all i am saying  is ,in fact, that nobody has seen them .And there is a real difference between optimism and realism.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: June 3, 2015, 08:36:46 pm »

Good post this.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: June 3, 2015, 08:37:57 pm »
his story mentions Klopp by name

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/article1562755.ece

Its all academic now. But they did do some diligence and checked out the field before making their decision, what influenced that decision we don't know. And its irrelevant I suppose to the task at hand. All eyes to the front, and forward with Brendan now.

Aye, it matters not whether they did or didn't approach him now. Lets all get behind  Brendan.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #660 on: June 3, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »
I'm gutted he's staying.  Sorry but I am,  he's just too dislikeable as a character and chat's too much shite.  I could cope with these a little bit if he was a great manager,  but he's not,  he's just talks a good job.  I'd rather have a manager who DID a good job,  who'd actually won something,  a manager with a proven track record,  not this charlatan :(

Tell us how you really feel mate. :D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #661 on: June 3, 2015, 08:42:56 pm »
I only wanted Brendan gone if we had a chance of Klopp.  Presumably Klopp has told FSG he wants no part of their unambitious plans, so on we go with Brendan, with a chance to rebuild his and our reputation.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: June 3, 2015, 08:44:22 pm »
Yeah, he's shit. He'll never bring us a title challenge.

Apart from the season before last... :butt

Yeah but that was down to the players. When we have a bad season it's Brendan's fault. The charlatan!  :P
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #663 on: June 3, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »
A manager that can't organize a defense after 3 years (which included lots of investment) is not a manager that will succeed in Europe. That alone should be the reason as to why he should be sacked.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 08:47:58 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: June 3, 2015, 08:51:54 pm »
No, I know very little. But I'd rather take a position of support and be proved wrong than take a position of negative bitching about my club and be proved right. I'm just old-fashioned, I suppose. ::)

You dont bitch about the club. You bitch about how its run. The club is the club and will be supported by whoever chose to take it up until the day they die.

I'll follow us into the third division but it doesnt fucking mean i have to like it, nor accept its direction. People moan, criticise and bitch, to put it in your words because they CARE about the club they support, football for the real supporter is not a passing interest. To some football is important and makes a big difference to their lives. Its the difference between a good week and a bad week.

You know people whinge and yeah ok, people can get bored of it but it aint half as tiresome of those that 'elevate' themselves to some sort of premium fan, that follows religiously some made up code. What the fuck is the Liverpool way anyway?

I'll tell you what - it doesnt fucking exist, it never did. All we had as fans is our patience and support back in the day and crucially TRUST, and it was given in light of the knowledge that the supporters and the people running the club had a mutual respect for each other and where in it together at all times. As fans over the years we trusted those that led the club because they were knowledgeable, driven and passionate for what they do, they were the very best at what the did for a living. And they did it for us.

Who the fuck would question Shankly? Paisley? Fagan? Peter Robinson? They knew their stuff, they knew what it took to be successful and they cared about the community who followed them. They didnt crow about winning the league, it was down to business the next season. WINNING MENTALITY. If we lost the league we knew we'd challenge again next year. Its not like today where we will get a shot once every few years and hang on to that as some sort of comfort blanket to success.

And its no longer the same. Football is a different beast, run by millionaires with other interests, played by players who dont give a fucking stuff. Personally i think Brendans had a good stint, considering his lack of experience hes had patience in a game that's running at a thousand miles per hour where those clubs that cant keep up get left by the wayside. He hasn't got the luxury of poor seasons, mis-buys, tactical mistakes, not at Liverpool he hasn't. Or i would expect if we still had ambition that he wouldnt be allowed to fall under target.

And if the owners arn't backing him properly then they are just as fucking culpable and don't lecture me on shitty baseball. Football and baseball are NOTHING ALIKE, not even close both in structure or on the field. Football is 11 athletes with real flair and skill and characteristics. You can be average in baseball and win the series. You can even have a fat baseball player. who gives a fuck?

Football men know how football works, they are the guys that can spot Ian Rush, Alan Hansen, Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard.

we have none of that here, none, just a business owner and a rookie boss and a broken transfer system.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: June 3, 2015, 08:55:23 pm »
Yeah, he's shit. He'll never bring us a title challenge.

Apart from the season before last... :butt

So who is culpable for last season Smicer after being in a strong position to kick on? Was it just bad luck?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: June 3, 2015, 08:58:00 pm »
So who is culpable for last season Smicer after being in a strong position to kick on? Was it just bad luck?
I`d say everyone from the owners>transfer committee>manager>players>fans (for an often shite atmosphere at home games).

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #667 on: June 3, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »

All of us, we are all the one Club, Manager+ Team, Fans everyone could have upped their game last season
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: June 3, 2015, 08:59:03 pm »
I`d say everyone from the owners>transfer committee>manager>players>fans (for an often shite atmosphere at home games).

Aye. Agree with this. I think we all played a part in one way or another.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: June 3, 2015, 09:00:46 pm »

I dont think the players are you see. I think theyve been messed about something awful this year. I'd put a 50/50 split on Brendan and FSG, including their transfer system. Probably why he kept his job.

I dont think brendans a terrible manager by any stretch, i do think he has a way he wants to play though and its not the way everyone in here wants him to play, certainly i dont think its the title charge setup by any stretch, and i think we'll find that out this season.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: June 3, 2015, 09:02:52 pm »
Aye. Agree with this. I think we all played a part in one way or another.

How is it the fans? Did they run on the pitch? Invade the dressing room? Kidnap Pascoe? The most fuss a fan can make is moan on a phone in or message board, hardly world shaking stuff that. There isnt many at the match that boo either, which in this day and age is staggering.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: June 3, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »
The players definitely have a part to play.

There are players in that team who I don't believe could hand on heart say they gave everything for the shirt every time they played.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: June 3, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »

Please explain how the knee-jerk bunch of walker fans caused us to take a big fat Stoke shaft up the ass to the tune of 6-1?
There's too many people here who have forgotten what Liverpool Football Club was. It's not even the score, it's the complete lack of fight in the players we put on the pitch. But carry on, everything is fine.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #673 on: June 3, 2015, 09:06:15 pm »
The players definitely have a part to play.

There are players in that team who I don't believe could hand on heart say they gave everything for the shirt every time they played.

I think after the United and Arsenal loses they pretty much gave up.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: June 3, 2015, 09:06:47 pm »
I dont think the players are you see. I think theyve been messed about something awful this year. I'd put a 50/50 split on Brendan and FSG, including their transfer system. Probably why he kept his job.

I dont think brendans a terrible manager by any stretch, i do think he has a way he wants to play though and its not the way everyone in here wants him to play, certainly i dont think its the title charge setup by any stretch, and i think we'll find that out this season.
With all due respect mate, there`s no way the players can be absolved of blame for last season. No chance.

The strikers couldn`t hit a barn door from six yards, some of the defenders went through patches of looking like 10 year olds at Anfield for the first time, the keeper went through a phase of "spot the goal keeper", some midfielders went through phases off lack lustre performances.

You can blame the management for tactics all you like, you can blame the committee for possibly providing incorrect types of players for the system, all you like.

The fact is, once those payers crossed the line, the manager can`t do much when it comes to some monumental fuck ups that happened in certain games last season from the players on the pitch that cost us dear.

The manager is to blame as well as the players.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: June 3, 2015, 09:07:58 pm »
How is it the fans? Did they run on the pitch? Invade the dressing room? Kidnap Pascoe? The most fuss a fan can make is moan on a phone in or message board, hardly world shaking stuff that. There isnt many at the match that boo either, which in this day and age is staggering.

The shite atmosheres at the ground lad. They don't help. The players need the support.  Same goes for the players, they need to give the fans something to go off. They both need to feed off each other.

We're all in this together. We all have a part to play.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #676 on: June 3, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »
Predominantly owners for allowing us to begin the season with an injury prone striker, two strikers that manager never wanted and a striker bought for the bench. They have to learn from it and they have to change their transfer policy a bit and be far more aggressive when it comes to signing difference makers which more often than not happen to be forwards.

Even now we have good numbers/depth in the squad and a lot of quality now it`s time to show that aggression and sign people that our group of young players desperately need. Time for a sofa or two rather than lamps again.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: June 3, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »
I think after the United and Arsenal loses they pretty much gave up.

Which is fucking shocking. I remember a similar collapse in Kenny's final season as well. It's not on.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: June 3, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »
Or maybe back the lads at the match, create an atmosphere, sing and shout, intimidate the opposition, do the things that we`ve done for an eternity (until recently of course).

Negative atmospheres will affect the players. You can feel it at Anfield at times, not so much booing, but you can fee the negativity sweeping the ground at times and that will transfer to the pitch.

Sometimes the Anfield crowd gave up last season as well as the players.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: June 3, 2015, 09:11:06 pm »
Please explain how the knee-jerk bunch of walker fans caused us to take a big fat Stoke shaft up the ass to the tune of 6-1?
There's too many people here who have forgotten what Liverpool Football Club was. It's not even the score, it's the complete lack of fight in the players we put on the pitch. But carry on, everything is fine.

Show me were she said everything is fine?