Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129395 times)

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62040 on: February 21, 2020, 06:11:37 pm »
I am really enjoying the ITV documentary with Tyson. He just come across as a nice guy. Last night he had a row with his wife at taking his children out of school at 11 years old. Really is that allowed. He said she was not a 'traveller, but footballer's wife!'. Don't agree with his children watching his fights though oe of his girls was crying her eyes out the poor thing. Hope he smashes Wilder.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62041 on: February 21, 2020, 06:20:15 pm »
Technically one yes for Wilder's WBC title but also the the Lineal Championship is on the line too.  ;D

But both have signed a rematch clause into their contract so we're getting the 3rd anyway sometime in the future.

Will the winner of this fight Joshua first though? They need to try and unify the division.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62042 on: February 21, 2020, 06:33:02 pm »
Who knows mate. Boxing is more about the business these days. But it should happen.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62043 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:03 pm »
Interested to see how that horrific cut has healed up. Wilder has already said he’s going to target it, no doubt with his head during the clinch. Let’s hope it doesn’t ruin a potential great fight.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62044 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:58 pm »
And usually one of the Vegas judges are so bent they make Fordy talking about Amir khan look like he's talking about a mate.

;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62045 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »
Davison knows his stuff. Not sure if Fury has made a mistake changing trainers.

He's certainly not just a PT like Fury dad thinks he is.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62046 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:09 pm »
Davison knows his stuff. Not sure if Fury has made a mistake changing trainers.

He's certainly not just a PT like Fury dad thinks he is.

Tyson isn’t with him anymore but you are correct Davison did a great job with him getting his weight off and without him he might not have comeback.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62047 on: February 22, 2020, 12:09:02 am »
Weighed in at:

Fury: 273 lbs

Wilder: 231 lbs

Fuck knows what those are in stones.  ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #62048 on: February 22, 2020, 12:15:00 am »
Weighed in at:

Fury: 273 lbs.... 19.5 Stone

Wilder: 231 lbs... 16.5 Stone   i think  ;D

Fuck knows what those are in stones.  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62049 on: February 22, 2020, 12:16:51 am »
Thanks mate. we'll go with those.  ;D

Not far off with Fury's weight, knew he was coming in a fat bastard at nearly 20 stone on fight night.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62050 on: February 22, 2020, 06:34:38 am »
Jesus they're both coming in big. No idea what that means. Shootout?

Edit: just realised Fury is juat going to lean on him all night. Bellew v Cleverly tactics. Going to be ugly as sin.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:41:36 am by Lusty »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62051 on: February 22, 2020, 08:50:24 am »
Still can't believe the first fight was a draw. Fury won it by a mile even with the knock downs.

I can see Wilder this time putting all his energy into the 1st 5-6 rounds and to try to land bombs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62052 on: February 22, 2020, 09:01:51 am »
Still can't believe the first fight was a draw. Fury won it by a mile even with the knock downs.

I can see Wilder this time putting all his energy into the 1st 5-6 rounds and to try to land bombs.

Yeah and he's come in big so if he doesn't get the job done early he's in trouble.

Fury needs to be right on top of him. Wilder wants to throw that big right from distance, but I don't think he's got a great check hook or anything to catch Fury on the way in.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62053 on: February 22, 2020, 09:15:57 am »
Yeah and he's come in big so if he doesn't get the job done early he's in trouble.

Fury needs to be right on top of him. Wilder wants to throw that big right from distance, but I don't think he's got a great check hook or anything to catch Fury on the way in.

Also looking a the last fight when Fury started getting cocky round 8 then 11 each the next round he was down. He has fully concentrate and no showboating etc.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62054 on: February 22, 2020, 09:30:08 am »
Yeah, another argument for staying in close I suppose. Fury's natural style staying on the outside and making Wilder miss lends itself to fucking about like that. Trouble with that plan is he has to stay lucky for 12 rounds and Wilder only needs to be lucky once.

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #62055 on: February 22, 2020, 09:30:17 am »
He's not looking for a points victory, and never has mate.

You're talking 4am our time mate. Maybe a bit earlier depending on the undercard.  :D
Cheers. Im too old to be staying right through up for that. Early to bed with an alarm set for it. Definate sign of aging

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62056 on: February 22, 2020, 10:10:47 am »
Fury's dad seem not to like Davison and the idea of Tyson losing so much weight.

Going in nearly 20 stone though does seem a bit top heavy.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62057 on: February 22, 2020, 10:42:09 am »
So the plan for Fury is to just lean and smother him all night, whilst throwing the odd jab here and there.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62058 on: February 22, 2020, 11:12:24 am »
Hope Fury does it but he'll be up against it going the distance  - as Lenox Lewis once said, in America you are not just fighting the opponent, but also the judges. Corrupt bastards.

I am really enjoying the ITV documentary with Tyson. He just come across as a nice guy. Last night he had a row with his wife at taking his children out of school at 11 years old. Really is that allowed. He said she was not a 'traveller, but footballer's wife!'. Don't agree with his children watching his fights though oe of his girls was crying her eyes out the poor thing. Hope he smashes Wilder.

In person he does seem like a really nice lad, not the naturally nasty or aggressive type. Tough bastard yes, but certainly not a c*nt as Wilder seems. In the press conferneces its obvious hes putting on a loud mouth act whereas Wilder seems the typical hyped up, loud mouth American wanker that he is.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62059 on: February 22, 2020, 12:01:37 pm »
So the plan for Fury is to just lean and smother him all night, whilst throwing the odd jab here and there.

More or less, yeah. Apart from the bit about the jabs.

Hope Fury does it but he'll be up against it going the distance  - as Lenox Lewis once said, in America you are not just fighting the opponent, but also the judges. Corrupt bastards.

In person he does seem like a really nice lad, not the naturally nasty or aggressive type. Tough bastard yes, but certainly not a c*nt as Wilder seems. In the press conferneces its obvious hes putting on a loud mouth act whereas Wilder seems the typical hyped up, loud mouth American wanker that he is.

He's both sound and a complete helmet at the same time.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62060 on: February 22, 2020, 12:21:04 pm »
What's earliest and latest ring walk would start? 4 earliest 5 latest?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62061 on: February 22, 2020, 12:23:40 pm »
What's earliest and latest ring walk would start? 4 earliest 5 latest?

Send Samie a PM mate he normally knows these things.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62062 on: February 22, 2020, 12:35:34 pm »
Honestly just read the thread. The information is on the last page!!!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62063 on: February 22, 2020, 12:44:25 pm »

It's the rule of the big fight nights mate, one post in every ten is someone asking what time the ring walk is ;D

And Samie will respond to all of them!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62064 on: February 22, 2020, 01:13:46 pm »
But I'm lazy
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62065 on: February 22, 2020, 01:17:26 pm »
It's the rule of the big fight nights mate, one post in every ten is someone asking what time the ring walk is ;D

And Samie will respond to all of them!
;D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62066 on: February 22, 2020, 01:20:22 pm »
If anyone is planning on illegally streaming this tonight remember that it's only 25 quid on BT Sport while it's 79 dollars on ESPN and Fox meaning a larger saving. 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62067 on: February 22, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »
Yer gang of twat's.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62068 on: February 22, 2020, 04:07:18 pm »
Can't believe my uncle ordered the fight, I said to him just stream the fucker on your laptop but the man want's to break in his new tele.  Hey at least I'm not paying for my food tonight. ;D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62069 on: February 22, 2020, 05:11:01 pm »
Wilder to get the job done properly this time for me
Enjoy

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62070 on: February 22, 2020, 05:11:52 pm »
Hey Samie will you post a stream for us who don't want to stump up the £25? Thanks :-)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62071 on: February 22, 2020, 05:15:25 pm »
Wilder to get the job done properly this time for me
Enjoy

I was leaning towards Fury all this time but I got a funny feeling Wilder might just do it tonight mate.  He's a shit boxer but he's also a KO Heavyweight artist and it only takes one punch.  :D

Hey Samie will you post a stream for us who don't want to stump up the £25? Thanks :-)

;D

Not after 1am I won't. Driving to me uncles house for the fight and will be offline. I'm sure someone will though...probably Hixxster. ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:17:50 pm by Samie »

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62072 on: February 22, 2020, 05:20:16 pm »

'Hesgoal' will probably have it on.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62073 on: February 22, 2020, 05:20:32 pm »
What time is the ring walk expected? Also who’s showing it in the UK, not seen any adverts all week...

So if Fury is going to lean on Wilder, that cut will be opened up again.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62074 on: February 22, 2020, 05:22:00 pm »
What time is the ring walk expected? Also who’s showing it in the UK, not seen any adverts all week...

🤷‍♂️

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #62075 on: February 22, 2020, 05:23:25 pm »
Fancy fury to win , once he doesn’t go all out for a KO and the cut doesnt reopen

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62076 on: February 22, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »

Not after 1am I won't. Driving to me uncles house for the fight and will be offline. I'm sure someone will though...probably Hixxster. ;D

Hopefully we can get a good stream!!  Enjoy it at your uncles :)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62077 on: February 22, 2020, 05:40:42 pm »

If the cut opens up from a clash of heads and they stop the fight, goes to the cards anyway and Fury will be ahead on points all night.

I'm not sure that old cuts reopening is really a massive thing in the modern era though, unless there's some more serious damage behind it 

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62078 on: February 22, 2020, 08:00:12 pm »
They both come across as utter bellends to be fair. Fury being a massive homophobic United fan sways it for me though, i hope Wilder puts him through the ropes.

Not sure how it's going to go mind. Fury changing trainers and coming in so heavy makes me think he believes he will get the KO, it could work out, but will more likely lead to him planting his foot for a big alehouse dig, the kind that he would have hit himself with in the past and leaving himself wide open to a Wilder special.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62079 on: February 22, 2020, 08:09:21 pm »
If the cut opens up from a clash of heads and they stop the fight, goes to the cards anyway and Fury will be ahead on points all night.

I'm not sure that old cuts reopening is really a massive thing in the modern era though, unless there's some more serious damage behind it

Technical draw if it's stopped in rounds 1-4 isn't it? If Wilder gets that opened in the first couple of rounds I'm sure Fury's corner will be aware of that and will be anxious to win those rounds while protecting it. Stitch Duran in the corner is a big bonus for them in that scenario, you'd have to think he would keep it closed as long as they need,