Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 295519 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #4480 on: November 24, 2022, 02:05:22 pm »
Nicolas Colsaerts is announced as ryder cup vice captain, Joins Edoardo Molinari and Thomas Bjorn who were retained after initially been selected by Henrik Stenson
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4481 on: January 16, 2023, 10:14:38 pm »
Good video to watch as Brad Faxson, who coaches Rory, gives Rick a putting lesson. Lots of great info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp6k5d8FJOA
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4482 on: January 17, 2023, 03:34:02 pm »
Watched that last night and enjoyed most of it. Of course got a little technical in parts but what would you expect as he coaches the best in the world. How Rick is getting this sort of access to Faxon and last week to Claude Harmon is beyond me. Nice guy but awful interviewer.

Anyway some great tips with putting. Laughed when Faxon said good golfers want quick greens and Rick said feck no. Faxon obviously has not putted too often on silly quick greens with wind howling on a links course as they are unplayable in those conditions.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4483 on: January 17, 2023, 03:40:13 pm »
Watched that last night and enjoyed most of it. Of course got a little technical in parts but what would you expect as he coaches the best in the world. How Rick is getting this sort of access to Faxon and last week to Claude Harmon is beyond me. Nice guy but awful interviewer.

Anyway some great tips with putting. Laughed when Faxon said good golfers want quick greens and Rick said feck no. Faxon obviously has not putted too often on silly quick greens with wind howling on a links course as they are unplayable in those conditions.

All the subscibers to his YouTube channel allow him access to lots of people in the world of golf

Really enjoyed the Harmon episode last week, if I had access to all that gear I'm sure I'd be able to improve the weight transfer in my swing - some serious kit!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4484 on: January 17, 2023, 03:48:08 pm »
All the subscibers to his YouTube channel allow him access to lots of people in the world of golf

Really enjoyed the Harmon episode last week, if I had access to all that gear I'm sure I'd be able to improve the weight transfer in my swing - some serious kit!

You don't need the equipment  ;)
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: January 17, 2023, 04:08:18 pm »
Watching Harmon and Faxon give Rick his lessons was very beneficial. As both top coaches said the same thing ( in essence). Keep it simple. You know what to do, just do it. When you're not on your game, you may think you're doing it but your wrong. Go back to basics. I've given Jurgens speech now... :P

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: January 17, 2023, 04:13:54 pm »
Watching Harmon and Faxon give Rick his lessons was very beneficial. As both top coaches said the same thing ( in essence). Keep it simple. You know what to do, just do it. When you're not on your game, you may think you're doing it but your wrong. Go back to basics. I've given Jurgens speech now... :P

Different kind of weight transfer involved though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: January 17, 2023, 04:20:11 pm »

It's not as if Faxon or Harmon needs any more exposure as every week one of their guys are winning on the tour you and another 100m viewers around the world hear their names. Im guessing Rick via his sponsors like Nike or Callaway are asking for a favour from Harmon n Faxon.

They have a good laugh with my game as i would dread the advice they give me. Give it up probably lol

Definitely keep it simple as don't expect any putt outside ten feet to drop, just get close enough for a tap in. Knowing the pace of the green is the key i think.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: January 17, 2023, 04:25:56 pm »
It's not as if Faxon or Harmon needs any more exposure as every week one of their guys are winning on the tour you and another 100m viewers around the world hear their names. Im guessing Rick via his sponsors like Nike or Callaway are asking for a favour from Harmon n Faxon.

They have a good laugh with my game as i would dread the advice they give me. Give it up probably lol

Definitely keep it simple as don't expect any putt outside ten feet to drop, just get close enough for a tap in. Knowing the pace of the green is the key i think.

He's sponsored by neither  ;D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4489 on: January 17, 2023, 05:22:45 pm »
He has two partners. Ecco shoes and Castore clothing.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4490 on: January 17, 2023, 05:31:57 pm »

That Castore are fucking awful. Absolutely rip off prices and Primark quality clobber. They’re a running joke on Twitter for the quality of their football stuff, or rather lack of it. Semedo for Wolves played in a shirt where the badge was upside down.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: January 17, 2023, 05:42:43 pm »

It's Lyle and Scott for clothing not Castore  ;D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: January 17, 2023, 05:55:05 pm »
It's Lyle and Scott for clothing not Castore  ;D

Right you are.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4493 on: January 17, 2023, 06:02:15 pm »
That Castore are fucking awful. Absolutely rip off prices and Primark quality clobber. They’re a running joke on Twitter for the quality of their football stuff, or rather lack of it. Semedo for Wolves played in a shirt where the badge was upside down.

Apparently Newcastle are ditching Castore for Adidas from the summer, certainly a rip off Castore hoodies are around Ł150, & never heard of them until they became Rangers kit supplier a couple of years back, & that deal had to go through the courts too, Fat Mike spat his dummy out.
#Sausages

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: January 19, 2023, 04:33:07 pm »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: January 19, 2023, 04:54:18 pm »
Absolute game changer. :lmao

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35480510/liv-golf-secures-tv-streaming-deal-cw-network

"Our new partnership between The CW and LIV Golf will deliver a whole new audience"

It must do, never heard of CW network. lol. Don't even know if it is one of my channels, not that i'm watching that shit.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: January 25, 2023, 09:06:36 pm »
World number one Rory McIlroy believes it will be "unfortunate" if the Masters is not shown on terrestrial television. The year's first major championship is little over two months away but, according to a report in the Telegraph, the BBC is set to not renew its deal to show highlights of the action from Augusta National. Asked in his press conference ahead of the Hero Dubai Desert Classic if it would be a shame for the tournament to lose its terrestrial presence, McIlroy said: "I mean, it is. "I think if you're thinking nostalgically, yes, it is, growing up watching the Masters and The Open on BBC. "I just think the landscape of sports and media and entertainment has changed so much over the last 10 years that it's not the model anymore, right. "It's either Sky in the UK or it's streaming services. And the rights to these sporting events have just become so expensive that it's just not feasible for companies like the BBC to pay that sort of money. "Is it unfortunate? Yes, but I'd say that the majority of the households in the UK have Sky and people are still able to watch." Approached for a response to the Telegraph story, a BBC spokesperson told the PA news agency: "We do not comment on sports rights negotiations."

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: January 25, 2023, 09:19:37 pm »
"Our new partnership between The CW and LIV Golf will deliver a whole new audience"

It must do, never heard of CW network. lol. Don't even know if it is one of my channels, not that i'm watching that shit.

The CW is all re-runs of Judge Judy, Maury and crap sitcoms, it is probably only watched by anyone accidentally

Go to hell LIV

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4498 on: January 25, 2023, 09:47:13 pm »
PGA Tour taking the fight to Saudi Arabia and their sportswashing:

The PGA Tour has requested leave to add the Public Investment Fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its chairman, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, as counter-defendants in their suit against LIV Golf.

The tour believes the PIF and Al-Rumayyan “exercise control over LIV Golf.”

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1618316722842501124
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4499 on: January 25, 2023, 10:11:10 pm »
The disdain that Rory has for Patrick Reed is something else. From the always good @NoLayingUp Twitter account:

Rory: "I was subpoenaed by his lawyer on Christmas Eve. Trying to have a nice time with my family and someone shows up on your doorstep and delivers that, you're not going to take that well. I'm living in reality, I don't know where [Reed is] living."

Rory added: "If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't expect a hello or a handshake."

Which led to Reed approaching Rory on the practice range this week, getting the cold shoulder from McIlroy, and Reed chucking a tee in his direction. Completely childish stuff.

https://twitter.com/KylePorterCBS/status/1618232630818017281?t=fh7Kra2TF-BRVU0E4-1bqw&s=19

But this question to Rory in the press conference brought the following non-response from Rory:
https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1618246768914833414?t=0hyoPJezZ93154gDWlIn8g&s=19

Anyway, Rory's not so special to Reed. Reed also subpoenaed Justin Thomas two days before his wedding.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4500 on: January 25, 2023, 10:15:52 pm »
Yet another reason to dislike reed. Childish immature obnoxious clown.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: January 25, 2023, 10:16:44 pm »
World number one Rory McIlroy believes it will be "unfortunate" if the Masters is not shown on terrestrial television. The year's first major championship is little over two months away but, according to a report in the Telegraph, the BBC is set to not renew its deal to show highlights of the action from Augusta National. Asked in his press conference ahead of the Hero Dubai Desert Classic if it would be a shame for the tournament to lose its terrestrial presence, McIlroy said: "I mean, it is. "I think if you're thinking nostalgically, yes, it is, growing up watching the Masters and The Open on BBC. "I just think the landscape of sports and media and entertainment has changed so much over the last 10 years that it's not the model anymore, right. "It's either Sky in the UK or it's streaming services. And the rights to these sporting events have just become so expensive that it's just not feasible for companies like the BBC to pay that sort of money. "Is it unfortunate? Yes, but I'd say that the majority of the households in the UK have Sky and people are still able to watch." Approached for a response to the Telegraph story, a BBC spokesperson told the PA news agency: "We do not comment on sports rights negotiations."

I like Rory, but he's skipped over one of the major sticking points here. How much he benefits from these more expensive rights to broadcast s[porting tournaments. It would be like him coming out and saying it's not fair that new drivers are 5 or 6 hundred quid.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4502 on: January 25, 2023, 10:20:27 pm »
Yet another reason to dislike reed. Childish immature obnoxious clown.

Only when his wife or her family order him to be so.

;D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: January 26, 2023, 08:43:08 am »
Only when his wife or her family order him to be so.

;D
He really is just so unlikeable

always has been

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #4504 on: January 27, 2023, 07:41:17 pm »
Just when you thought Patrick Reed couldn't be more of an absolute twat, he goes and behaves like this. Absolute cockwomble.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4505 on: January 27, 2023, 08:51:31 pm »
Reed and Rory may get paired together next round.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: January 28, 2023, 10:04:34 am »
That would be pop corn viewing but at the same time lots of pro golfers go out for a round and don't say more than two words to their playing partners. Tiger was probably the best / worse of them as it was 100% focus on beating the guy beside you and everyone else.

Anyway hard to watch golf every week every day every hour but for once might tune in to that pairing if it happens

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4507 on: January 28, 2023, 11:51:02 am »
That would be pop corn viewing but at the same time lots of pro golfers go out for a round and don't say more than two words to their playing partners. Tiger was probably the best / worse of them as it was 100% focus on beating the guy beside you and everyone else.

Anyway hard to watch golf every week every day every hour but for once might tune in to that pairing if it happens

Yeah, Tony Finau (what a great guy) spoke about how when Tiger won The Masters in 2019, he tried to engage in conversation with Tiger walking the course in the final round and he didn't really respond, he just said 'they're good' when Finau asked how the kids were. It was strictly business and Finau realised that very quickly.

As for Reed he's clearly a top class asshole, but his family situation means he's probably clueless as to what is going on behind the scenes. His name is attached to so many lawsuits that he probably doesn't even know the full picture.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: January 28, 2023, 04:06:08 pm »

Ahhh, the DP World tour kept them one group apart. Reed tees off at 7:31, Rory 7:42.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #4509 on: January 30, 2023, 07:51:45 am »
Got the feeling of the Open this, Rory 8 pars thru 8, while Reed and Herbert chase him down with birdies. Can Rory find some breathing room.

edit: Birdies his next hole.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:02:47 am by frag »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: January 30, 2023, 08:17:23 am »
But Reed eagles 10

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4511 on: January 30, 2023, 08:25:12 am »
I see Patrick Reed is cheating again.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #4512 on: January 30, 2023, 08:27:57 am »
Reed with another birdie, following the eagle.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4513 on: January 30, 2023, 08:36:21 am »
He has made a bad drive at 12 though

its level for now

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #4514 on: January 30, 2023, 08:49:32 am »
Straight shoot-out between Reed and Rory now, momentum very much with Reed. 

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4515 on: January 30, 2023, 09:42:53 am »
level but McIlroy with a poor tee shot to par 3 15th,

though on 16 Reed's drive is hooked a bit (though Poulter from similar left it to 12 feet)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4516 on: January 30, 2023, 09:45:35 am »
Where in the world (PC World!) is this taking place on a Monday morning?!

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #4517 on: January 30, 2023, 09:48:57 am »

Rain delays on Thursday meaning Monday finish.

Rory with a dropped shot on 15, Reed in trouble though on 16. Feels like Rory just getting abit tight on those approach shots.

If Reed manages to make par here then huge pressure on Rory.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4518 on: January 30, 2023, 09:49:07 am »
Dubai

Bogey for Rory but Reed is playing 3 from middle of fairway after a bad drive

He could only chip it back to the fairway from rough,

from there he is now 5 foot away, dang

edit, he bogeyed

its level again
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:56:42 am by paulrazor »

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #4519 on: January 30, 2023, 09:58:10 am »
Rory with perfect drive on 16, good opportunity to put this close.

Middle of the green, not great. Reed now drives into a bush on 17.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:01:12 am by frag »