Author Topic: Match Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool, Saturday October 22, 12:30pm  (Read 18614 times)

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lets hope VAR does its job tomorrow.

Lets hope VAR doesnt get involved at all in this game because Tierney is the final decision maker using it and I don't want that dumb ass anywhere near decisions. Hope its a clean game so that numptey has very little say on the game

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Lets hope VAR doesnt get involved at all in this game because Tierney is the final decision maker using it and I don't want that dumb ass anywhere near decisions. Hope its a clean game so that numptey has very little say on the game

Tierney is the referee, Dean is on VAR.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Graham Scott.
VAR: Mike Dean.
Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan

Okay????? And who makes the final decisions???

The ref, Dean just makes recommendations to Tierney

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
We need to put our chances away. We should get a few although I don't see them opening up like they did against city. They are at home and will defend and hope the breakaway and a poor performance by us would favour them. Reality is they are poor, we are getting back to some form albeit still finding our way but as long as we don't concede first i think we will be ok. Don't think its going to be a Rangers but a 0:3 to us. COYMRM....!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
I get that you have to just concentrate on the game at hand before worrying about the next one but we don't want to have to have our CL advancement hopes on the Napoli game so we really need to get something in the Ajax game next week. To that end as much as it pains me to say I'd sit Nunez if he's a risk at all and I'd for sure give Thiago a break.

I can see this being a struggle with it being the early Saturday game and all so just like the West Ham game, just win by any means necessary. We're well past needing any style points. I think most cognizant fans understand what this team is at the moment and it's just about gritting our teeth and getting through it.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully we come through this with no injuries, couple of nasty fuckers in that forest team. Suppose they need them like but. How does tierney keep getting given our games!!!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
West Ham was the first game this season that I have missed.

How did the formation pan out? Are we expecting to see it as a permanent change or just whilst we are going through our injury crisis?

Really excited for tomorrow. I hope Nunez is fit. He is fit, I mean not injured.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Look, they are second bottom of the league for a reason and I'm not saying we should batter them but we should be winning a bit comfortably.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Look, they are second bottom of the league for a reason and I'm not saying we should batter them but we should be winning a bit comfortably.

They're bottom. :)

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
How did the formation pan out? Are we expecting to see it as a permanent change or just whilst we are going through our injury crisis?

I have a feeling we will continue with it as it suits a lot of our players better

We were good in the first half and unlucky to not be up 3-0. Once Thiago and Nunez came off we lost a lot of pressure and control and had to absorb the pressure

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They're bottom. :)

Now I'm saying we should batter them.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Forest away always ignites passions from my youth when Forest were a good side under Clough. This is not the Forest of old. Going for a 3-0 win.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
What a lovely OP, with a personal touch on Malmo too. Thank you.

As for our game, hopefully Darwin is fit to play after feeling a tightening hamstring and coming off as a precaution. I’d like to see him and Salah get more time together under their belts, as I think that will be key to our attacking prospects moving forward.

Forest brought a lot of players in, and while they aren’t bad, it’s fair to say they haven’t maximized what they’ve got yet. Since they backed Cooper with a new deal, you would have to think they will improve as they go.

On our end it is vital we keep our winning run going. I don’t think we can get into a title race (never say never) but if we are breathing down the neck of, or in the top four, by the time of the World Cup break, that would be lovely, after the very slow start. From that point we can plot and plan for a big second half to the campaign.

I fully expect Forest to give it all they’ve got, in front of a passionate crowd. We will need to turn up, or else we will get egg on our faces.

I’d love to see another clean sheet and Salah and Nunez starting to click a bit more, with goals from each. 

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Fancy a Firmino masterclass tomorrow.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop

I have niggling feeling it’ll be 2/3 from either Bobby or Salah. Hope I’m right.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My guess is it'd need to be off the bench.

Think him, Henderson and Kostas with all their minutes will be subs, with Fabinho, Elliot and Robbo taking their spots (Elliot allowing Salah to play the 10 spot next to Nunez).

Probably have Milner at right back for a spell too, though I'm guessing that'll be as a sub with Trent getting to start.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Simple win will do. No stress, no mess.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
If they take it cautiously with Darwin, we will be light on attackers.would ba good time to have sod young bucks through but there seem to be injuries there too.  Is it too early for Doak

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Win this then we are back in business.
Believer

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

I'm sure if we get a VAR decision it'll be pointed out all over the TV coverage and obviously the socials that Dean is from Merseyside. Nobody ever mentions when a ref is from Manchester area.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
https://twitter.com/ziggerzagger67/status/1582663742164123648?s=61&t=ZKDQjlXevwystgENA92Esw

This is a good thread by a football mad Forest supporter who misspent his student days in Liverpool. He is a decent guy and has been working with Forest and some of their fans groups on Hillsborough Education. He was there and speaks from his own experiences. He is a good guy who fights our corner. He will cheer louder than anyone if Forest score, but he is worried there is a section of their fans who will try and goad our fans with those chants.
Have a read
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Thanks for the OP Telekon - really enjoyed the personal story, plus a reminder that now matter how far they've fallen since, Forest have more European cups than City.

We seem to be in a good place after our stuttering start and there's a sense of some momentum building. A clean sheet and a comfortable win would be perfect, with key players rested around the hour mark. But the way this season is going it could easily be a scrappy 1-0 battle. Not conceding first again is key, and doing the basics right and staying compact when they have the ball.

No doubt we'll have one eye on the Ajax game, and if we can avoid any further injuries we'll actually be well stocked with players next week. They're likely to sit back, so 4 attacking players should be fine, plus Trent given a bit more freedom to go forward. I'd prefer Thiago as an option off the bench, as we need to protect him for bigger games.

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho, Hendo, Elliot, Bobby, Nunez, Mo

A win here would make it 4 wins in 7 days, and suddenly our season seems a whole lot better.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Is Nunez injured as he was withdrawn as a precaution with a hamstring complaint v West ham. Klopp said after the game they caught the issue in time, but later confirmed the Uruguayan underwent treatment on Thursday .

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
https://twitter.com/ziggerzagger67/status/1582663742164123648?s=61&t=ZKDQjlXevwystgENA92Esw

This is a good thread by a football mad Forest supporter who misspent his student days in Liverpool. He is a decent guy and has been working with Forest and some of their fans groups on Hillsborough Education. He was there and speaks from his own experiences. He is a good guy who fights our corner. He will cheer louder than anyone if Forest score, but he is worried there is a section of their fans who will try and goad our fans with those chants.
Have a read

nice read - hopefully a few forest fans will take notice

didn't Stoke have a famous fan called Zigger Zagger in the 70's

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Any training pics about with Darwin in?

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
Best not to risk Nunez if there's a slight injury issue. S'long as we play Salah and/or Firmino we won't Truss it.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Really quiet in this thread.

Guess it's better than the nonsense that sometimes gets posted just before matches, but I get a sense of nervousness and a hope that we batter them - but with "form" and the injury list, people aren't that confident.

Be good to score early, settle in to dominate the game, get another, and then cruise to the win. But, this is Liverpool, and this season it hasn't been plain sailing apart from a few games...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
They had 29% possession in their 0-0 draw with Brighton. They're going to have 10 behind the ball with Johnson attacking TAA down their left.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Really quiet in this thread.

Guess it's better than the nonsense that sometimes gets posted just before matches, but I get a sense of nervousness and a hope that we batter them - but with "form" and the injury list, people aren't that confident.

Be good to score early, settle in to dominate the game, get another, and then cruise to the win. But, this is Liverpool, and this season it hasn't been plain sailing apart from a few games...

Don’t think we’ll be battering them with our players out. Would love a really quiet 2-0 with a first half goal and no dramas.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m greedy and want Darwin to start this, if he can. And then take him off in the 60th or so after scoring two.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
I’m greedy and want Darwin to start this, if he can. And then take him off in the 60th or so after scoring two.

I feel exactly the same. The goals will start flowing for him. Hope he starts.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Wonder if it comes to soon for Curtis, not many options out on the left, if we’re sticking with the 4-4-2. Although, I think Nunez’ fitness decides the formation.
AHA!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
nice read - hopefully a few forest fans will take notice

didn't Stoke have a famous fan called Zigger Zagger in the 70's
I don’t know, but Pete (the writer) will literally go anywhere to watch a game of footie. As a student he watched Everton because he couldn’t get in to see us.
He even went to see the Purps play last time he was up here. He turned up at Anfield on the 15th April anniversary with a mate from Cologne who wanted to pay his respects to the 97. (Lots of  gentle ribbing about  a toss of the coin.) He has spoken on the local radio down there and wants to see Hillsborough taught in schools. He has been badgering the new owners of the club to get a memorial in place at their ground. When you step back and think about it, how many of their fans have suffered trauma from being there that day.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Is there a place one can watch highlights, with no evidence of the result this afternoon?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Don’t think we’ll be battering them with our players out. Would love a really quiet 2-0 with a first half goal and no dramas.

Leicester beat them 4-0, even with the players out, we have enough quality to be putting them to the sword.

Always feels like we're playing the scoreboard at 0-0, and it's as though we're one down.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Should be winning this game which would be amazingly our first win away from home in the league.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Get at them from the start and get the win. That's all.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Trent is on the bench.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Nuñez not starting either… which makes sense…

Trent can’t be overplayed, need to be careful…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Dare I ask who’s at right back then? Presumably Milner?