Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 984306 times)

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
Re: Attacking #20
« Reply #1000 on: December 18, 2020, 09:14:41 pm »
I get all the one game at a time. And it is a great mantra to stick too. And could well see us winning 20 by doing just that.
The key, in my opinion,  this season is consistency, but not the mad cap consistency of the last two seasons that we have enjoyed. Where going on streaks of 10-15 wins are achieved.
Its a scaled down consistency where expectations are reduced and the impact of consistency are maximised.
No one is hitting 100 pts, 90 pts, 80 would win the title with ease in my opinion and high 70's is more likely.
A team that could put 5 wins together in the top 9 teams, (i say 9 as that's where city sit with a game in hand and i don't rule them out at all from challenging) would be a real contender. I do not think 2 teams are capable of doing that. So the one that does maximises the impact.
Now if we could do that over the festive period and into the new year, i genuinely believe we'll kick on to win. Given that we'll have more players available (injury returns and, who knows, a dabble in the winter transfer market) there isn't a single team i have seen thus far that are near our level of consistency and ability.

Over to you Jurgen. My fee is 2% of the team win bonus at palace. PM me for paypal details.  We all know you are a lurker.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: December 19, 2020, 09:44:01 am »
How comes we are top of the table with all the injuries and VAR jokes we have had?
Believer

Online Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: December 19, 2020, 09:59:40 am »
How comes we are top of the table with all the injuries and VAR jokes we have had?

Because Brucey pissed on the goalposts.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: December 19, 2020, 10:51:00 am »
To be honest I wasn't really feeling this season with all the VAR, injuries, covid locking out fans etc, but that win against spurs was really exciting.

To be top (so far) with all the problems we've had is incredible. So much yet to play and will see how we can cope but feel really good about #20.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1004 on: December 19, 2020, 10:59:04 am »
Because at our best we are way better than any other team in this league. We have lacked the consistency of previous seasons, mainly due the the injuries, but I haven't seen anyone else come close to our best performances. Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves, and Spurs - those games set the benchmark and no other team has hit those levels this season.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: December 19, 2020, 02:21:54 pm »
Eat our dust!!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: December 19, 2020, 02:22:31 pm »
This one is over, the worst of the schedule is done and we are getting players back. See ya!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: December 19, 2020, 02:23:35 pm »
time to recover and with players coming back, Klopp has very nice problems now to keep them all happy :D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: December 19, 2020, 02:39:50 pm »
I agree. Beating them would be HUGE. Any win will do but a thumping will be like twisting the knife. Imagine our rivals checking the scores and seeing that we are 4-0 up after 20 minutes. They'd just give up.

😁

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: December 19, 2020, 02:40:43 pm »
Its on you know ?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1010 on: December 19, 2020, 02:44:22 pm »
It's over.

We waited 30 years and now we're about to win it back to back. That's LFC for ya.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: December 19, 2020, 02:56:21 pm »
First team to string 5 or 6 wins together takes the title.

2/2. West Brom next.

Fantastic opportunity for us to put a winning sequence together and serious pressure on the chasing pack.

We're the best team in this league (I don't think it's even close) but the nature of the season so far has been a bit (lol) of a leveller.

With Ox back, Jones cementing his spot as a top class midfielder, Thiago and Shaq soon to be back we're getting numbers back at a crucial point in the season in a crucial part of the pitch.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: December 19, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »
It's looking a little problematic for the other teams in the league right about now. Anfield is like a guaranteed 3 points and now we have broken our 'winless' 3 month away record, I don't see how we can be stopped.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:02:02 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #1013 on: December 19, 2020, 03:08:47 pm »
I agree. Beating them would be HUGE. Any win will do but a thumping will be like twisting the knife. Imagine our rivals checking the scores and seeing that we are 4-0 up after 20 minutes. They'd just give up.

Don’t suppose you’ve got the lotto numbers handy as well?  ;D

Huge win, not only in terms of us winning before everyone plays but it cleans up any worries we had about our goal difference. Goes without saying that we just need to win each game as it comes as most will struggle to keep pace with us as we get players back.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: December 19, 2020, 03:45:14 pm »
Hopefully these last two results will be the start of us putting some distance between us and the rest.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1015 on: December 19, 2020, 03:50:44 pm »
This morning is what happens when the less well resourced teams have to play midweek

Going to be a rough 6 weeks for them - Suspect the table will look very familiar by late Jan

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: December 19, 2020, 04:07:45 pm »
Now that is how you attack #.20!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: December 19, 2020, 04:08:58 pm »
This feels a little like the Wolves game, an emphatic win and some players finally returning from injury, but that game unfortunately was followed by a slew of new injuries and some bad results. As Jack has pointed out though the smaller teams are all going to be on a packed schedule now too, so if we can keep the squad fit we should be able to really take advantage and put some teams to the sword, and hopefully we'll have the likes of Miner, Thiago and maybe a new signing there in January to lighten the load.

While it's rough that we don't have Jota available at least he managed to take the load off Salah and Mane a bit earlier in the season, so those two should be going into a critical period fresh and ready to decimate.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: December 19, 2020, 07:28:01 pm »
Imagine Thiago slotting into this team.

Fuck me we are going to destroy some teams this season aren't we.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1019 on: December 19, 2020, 07:48:47 pm »
This morning is what happens when the less well resourced teams have to play midweek

Going to be a rough 6 weeks for them - Suspect the table will look very familiar by late Jan

Yup, I suspect they'll be a big gap developing between the top 5 or so teams and the rest.
They'll rue their decision to stick with 3 subs when their players start picking up hamstring niggles over the Holidays.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1020 on: December 19, 2020, 10:12:53 pm »
It really is one game at a time but it’s testament to this squad that we are top.

Congested schedule with some huge setbacks with VAR and injuries yet they continue to deliver.

If we can get Milly, Thiago and Shaq back training the options look great with Jota and Kostas to add too.

Adding a class CB would be great too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2020, 05:17:14 am »
That's our goal difference issue sorted.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: December 20, 2020, 05:59:36 am »
How many points will win you the league this season?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1023 on: December 20, 2020, 06:06:48 am »
I'd say 83-85 should be enough, unless City go on another run like they did between 2017 and 2019.

So that's 2 PPG from now on.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: December 20, 2020, 06:07:54 am »
When do we think the null and void shouts will start this season? I'm betting end of Jan

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1025 on: December 20, 2020, 07:13:09 am »
I'd say 83-85 should be enough, unless City go on another run like they did between 2017 and 2019.

So that's 2 PPG from now on.

We have 31 points in 14 games. We need 54 more points from 24 remaining games for 85 points. Not sure how that comes to 2 PPG.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: December 20, 2020, 07:31:23 am »
We have 31 points in 14 games. We need 54 more points from 24 remaining games for 85 points. Not sure how that comes to 2 PPG.

That's because I'm clearly very good at math :D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1027 on: December 20, 2020, 07:46:50 am »
That's because I'm clearly very good at math :D

;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1028 on: December 20, 2020, 07:51:34 am »
We are favourites, then we have Man City and Spurs in the next tier. Man United have a game in hand, so they're the next Top 4 favourite. Then, the next tier has Leicester, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton lumped together. One of these 4 can trump Man United and get Top 4.

Considering that, I think us, Man City and Spurs are nailed on for Top 4 with us capable of breaking away at the top.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1029 on: December 20, 2020, 08:25:24 am »
When do we think the null and void shouts will start this season? I'm betting end of Jan
Is there any chance of the League being suspended over there as  it was earlier in the year now bozo has ordered a lockdown in London?
Are there any contingency plans in place if there is a full lockdown?

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: December 20, 2020, 08:25:32 am »
I wonder whether after that drubbing some of our less exalted opponents will start treating the games they have against us as a dead rubber and save their energy for games they can win? Particularly as the number of games played in a week increases it will be tempting for managers to say, "save your strength for Brighton lads".

Perhaps we need to hand out another spanking or two before that happens. Bring on WBA.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:27:08 am by fredfrop »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: December 20, 2020, 08:26:01 am »
We are favourites, then we have Man City and Spurs in the next tier. Man United have a game in hand, so they're the next Top 4 favourite. Then, the next tier has Leicester, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton lumped together. One of these 4 can trump Man United and get Top 4.

Considering that, I think us, Man City and Spurs are nailed on for Top 4 with us capable of breaking away at the top.

Think we'll all be tier 4 pretty soon mate.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: December 20, 2020, 09:34:07 am »
Yup, I suspect they'll be a big gap developing between the top 5 or so teams and the rest.
They'll rue their decision to stick with 3 subs when their players start picking up hamstring niggles over the Holidays.

Lower half team replacing half their outfielders with fresh players who can keep running against us would have been really annoying so while I'm annoyed they vetoed 5 subs I'm also looking forward to us taking advantage :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: December 20, 2020, 10:09:47 am »

Absolute max of 85 points.

Probably less.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: December 20, 2020, 10:11:11 am »

We will get 90 points I feel.

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1035 on: December 20, 2020, 10:13:43 am »

As long as the league is as tight as it is the null and voiders will be quiet. Spurs united and everton all within a shot of top four and even the title. United win their games in hand and they only two points behind us. Last season we absolutely smashed it so it was different.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1036 on: December 20, 2020, 10:17:15 am »
I still think we need to buy a CB. Fabinho or Matip being out for 2-3 months out will be devastating for our chances.

Add a CB and finally healthy Thiago and we're the clear favourites.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1037 on: December 20, 2020, 10:25:43 am »
What's interesting is no-one else is on 2 points per game yet, and we were over that already before this result. So that means someone else has to have a substantial, continuous lift of form while we have a decline of one. Trying to be as level headed as I can, I'm not sure who in that chasing pack has that in them
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: December 20, 2020, 10:55:42 am »
Re points to win it, I reckon 82 gets the job done.

If city go at 2.3 ppg from here on they fall just shy of 81. I can't see any of the other teams on this league going at that sort of rate.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: December 20, 2020, 11:50:39 am »
At the end of the day we only have to be better than what's below us. It's a topsy turvy season but we finally seem to be finding our groove.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art