Author Topic: The Totally Football Show - free podcast with James Richardson & friends...  (Read 37161 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: The Totally Football Show - free podcast with James Richardson & friends...
« Reply #160 on: November 6, 2020, 10:33:05 pm »
Yeah it's gone back to normal now, must have been a bad couple of weeks.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2020, 07:05:22 pm »
Pod, Mon 30/11 - James + Sash, Daniel & Dominic Fifield (incl. Klopp, TV, 5 subs)
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/sepia-tinted/id1267958765?i=1000500746486

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2020, 07:28:42 pm »
Anyone else find that since it's joined The Athletic the overall time has come down and the number of ads has gone up?

Pretty sure I noticed the relentless ads and promotions for their other shows before they joined the Athletic but yeah it is pretty bad now.

It's fine most of the time as can just skip forward but annoying when it is when I am out walking or driving.

Noticed a lot of the podcasts I listen to have really ramped up the number of ads recently (Pod Save America, Off Menu the worst).

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2020, 01:54:11 pm »
Pod Mon 21/12 - James + Sash, Daniel & Dominic Fifield
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/f5bc53ac5adac770a3f01a2ce3da01e5246939a3/view
(made it to Selhurst Park on Saturday)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone managed to get an ad-free RSS feed for a third-party podcast app as an Athletic subscriber?

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
Pod Thu 11/3 - James + Sash, Duncan & Karen Carney
Colossus with Feet of Clay
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/colossus-with-feet-of-clay/id1267958765?i=1000512569195
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:58:03 pm by Pata »

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS Mon 29/3 - James + Sash, Daniel & Charlie
No LFC but a lot of... errr... Russia + the Cup.
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/05cccc7d9cbb42c3e120847a02eedfa923a22765/view

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
TFS Mon 29/3 - James + Sash, Daniel & Charlie
No LFC but a lot of... errr... Russia + the Cup.
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/05cccc7d9cbb42c3e120847a02eedfa923a22765/view
Enjoyed this. And congrats on getting through to the next round, Sash. Always good to have some LFC representation still in the competition!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 05:49:58 pm by IgorBobbins »

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS Thu 15/4 - James + Sash, Duncan & Pat Nevin.
Pat, of course, scored in the other semi-final in 1989. He recalled the aftermath of Hillsborough & the 1989 FA Cup final.
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/70436e5d1aec8b690e8aca25c93e36ba85f6c915/view

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
Mon 3/5
United-Liverpool, views from Stamford Bridge, Sash v Opta in the quiz & all the other business.
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/e9ebb50a800bc8d38569bb2d1cddf80c969f63a3/view

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Good to hear some actual reasonable discussion about the recent European ties and how overblown people have been about Man City's away performance in Paris against a mentally-weak, weakened and disorganised PSG side.

I can think of several better away performances in Europe by English sides just from ourselves - that's not counting the fact that Man Utd within the last two years have pulled off a better win in Paris.

Juve away 2005, Real Madrid away 2009, Utd at Juve in 99, Liverpool at the Nou Camp 2007, Chelsea at the Nou Camp in 2012 all jump out at me as better results in the past 20 or so years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
What's the name of the song Benji Lanyado had as his entrance music to the quiz?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
The Istanbul pod
And here it is. Got a bit emotional.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7605409-classic-embarrassing-move
(James R, James H, Alvaro, Sash)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
The Istanbul pod
That was an amazing podcast. Great to have someone on these podcasts who is so emotionally involved in their club. You rarely see that these days.

The story about James Richardson losing in viewing figures to the fireplace had me in stitches this week.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Enjoying the daily releases, perfect morning listen. Good to hear your eastern European round ups Sash  :wave
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS 22 June. (MDA, Rory Smith, Sash)
Russia out, Ukraine’s fate in balance but what a night for Denmark!
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/8cd3f2c6276d33609fb2fa0f67e4c4e4182b4528/view

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's been a good listen throughout the Euros.

As much as I love some of the pod regulars, it'd be nice to see some new Golazzo output from Jimbo, James H and Marcotti. They're my absolute favourite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Yeah still the best one to listen to. The Athletic's Euro Stories spin-off has been a good listen too (it's available via Spotify, Apple, The Athletic etc) featuring some of the Totally Football and Totally Euro edition regulars (Horncastle, Laurens, Honigstein, Romeo, Goryunov, Fanning etc). The Smicer wedding story is a classic

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS 27 June. (Jimbo*, Tom, Sash)
On the bandwagon with Danish Dynamite, admiring the Austrians & LOLing @ Hodgie.
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/e55f0f9457d5a505416e1d3a870d030944b2267d/view
*back from WSM

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Quite like Carl Anka but sometimes his views seem a bit off to me and I couldn't work out why. Now I know he is a United correspondent it all makes sense.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
On a day off...
Recalling Euro 2008 with some big names*. Belter of a pod, if I may.
*Raphael Honigstein, James Horncastle, Julien Laurens, Alvaro Romeo, Yordi Yamali, Juraj Vrdoljak, Elko Born & little old me (Russia were good for a change)
https://podfollow.com/beyond-the-headline-going-deeper-on-the-biggest-stories-in-football/episode/c5cbaebd72a149299dde61654d0733ce8b2ffc0d/view

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
On a day off...
Recalling Euro 2008 with some big names*. Belter of a pod, if I may.
*Raphael Honigstein, James Horncastle, Julien Laurens, Alvaro Romeo, Yordi Yamali, Juraj Vrdoljak, Elko Born & little old me (Russia were good for a change)
https://podfollow.com/beyond-the-headline-going-deeper-on-the-biggest-stories-in-football/episode/c5cbaebd72a149299dde61654d0733ce8b2ffc0d/view

It might be because there was no Home Nation's but I can barely remember anything about that tournament and I watched it at the time and was glad to get away from the England hype after 2006.

Only thing I can really remember is Spain being very good and Nando scoring the winner.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS 4 July.
“Schick might be the son of confectioners but it was actually Dolberg who got the sweetie at the end of the first half...”
Oh, and England won too.
(Jimbo, Daniel, Sash & Carl from Rome)
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/3bf50d03d2f3882057516e66ac8fa587a9b18297/view

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
TFS 4 July.
“Schick might be the son of confectioners but it was actually Dolberg who got the sweetie at the end of the first half...”
Oh, and England won too.
(Jimbo, Daniel, Sash & Carl from Rome)
https://podfollow.com/totallyfootballshow/episode/3bf50d03d2f3882057516e66ac8fa587a9b18297/view

Well done Sash. Made a great point about Kryvstov having to go off and that ruining Ukraine's game plan. Hadn't really thought about it but the game did change then.

I thought before that moment Ukraine were starting to grow into the game and were looking good. Great analysis which I haven't really heard mentioned elsewhere.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It might be because there was no Home Nation's but I can barely remember anything about that tournament and I watched it at the time and was glad to get away from the England hype after 2006.

Only thing I can really remember is Spain being very good and Nando scoring the winner.

Memories are hazy now but it was really good. Netherlands beat some fancied early and became everyone’s dark horses. Then Russia took them out quite clinically. Arshavin and a striker I’ve forgotten announcing themselves.

Germany carrying in from where they left off in 2006 and being entertaining and likeable. Turkey making the semis. And of course Spain, with a few of our boys in the squad winning it. And a crazy thunder storm going off every other game it seemed.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Euro 2008 was absolutely boss. Spain, Russia, Turkey, Germany and Croatia were all enjoyable to watch, as was the Switzerland-Turkey match that took place during an absolute downpour.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chipped in with some words:
https://theathletic.com/2693252/2021/07/07/euro-2020-what-does-the-rest-of-europe-think-of-england/

The French fella is somewhat rich complaining about a side winning due to home advantage.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The French fella is somewhat rich complaining about a side winning due to home advantage.
What's ironie in French?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Honigstein absolutely nailed it re: England's approach on the latest podcast

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Julien Laurens' Messi argument of "But but but England spends money and they're just jealous" doesn't hold water.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Julien Laurens' Messi argument of "But but but England spends money and they're just jealous" doesn't hold water.

I like Julien, but it's not like this is unexpected. He's a massive PSG fan.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Julien was pretty much saying "Why would we care? We are the fans" - But I felt like all of them were dodging the question of the ethics of the owners - something that the average football fan probably doesn't even care about.

Of course a PSG fan, or a Man City fan, or a Chelsea fan is going to ignore the larger aspect of how the money pumped in by these clubs is going to affect the whole market (and there was probably teams that did this before) They have turned their teams into the best in Europe when before that they were watching shite football and never won stuff.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Carl Anka has a tendency to use his own nicknames/short names for players. 'Ben Mendy' was one this week. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does! lol

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Carl Anka has a tendency to use his own nicknames/short names for players. 'Ben Mendy' was one this week. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does! lol

I like Carl, seems like a lovely bloke, but there is something about him that can rub me up the wrong way on occasion. As mentioned above, I think it might just be that he's a United fan, and is very unafraid of making sure we all know it.

I did find it funny this week when he completely misunderstood what Sash was asking when it came to squad numbers at United, though.  ;D