Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 606644 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6920 on: October 9, 2019, 08:48:22 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3ZlcrujEyS/?igshid=2imr6irafe22

Daryl Morey is going to be persona non grata in the league now isn’t he? Even if I think he has a point it was utterly stupid of him to do that when the league is in the middle of the Asian tour, don’t think too many players will want to work in Houston whilst he’s there as he’s basically set fire to loads of money (and of course why he didn’t do the whole ‘I was hacked’ thing is strange)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6921 on: October 10, 2019, 11:22:32 am »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3ZlcrujEyS/?igshid=2imr6irafe22

Daryl Morey is going to be persona non grata in the league now isn’t he? Even if I think he has a point it was utterly stupid of him to do that when the league is in the middle of the Asian tour, don’t think too many players will want to work in Houston whilst he’s there as he’s basically set fire to loads of money (and of course why he didn’t do the whole ‘I was hacked’ thing is strange)

Barring non Chinese players, that's quite a reach I think.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6922 on: October 10, 2019, 11:11:09 pm »
Barring non Chinese players, that's quite a reach I think.
the chinese shoe firms aren’t doing deals with nba players for the foreseeable future and it could get effectively blackballed in China so that’s the revenue down and also the cap as well as franchise values so a fair bit could still go bad

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6923 on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:09 am »
LeBron should have just stayed out of the whole HK discussion, what the fuck is he on about. Interested in freedom when it suits them, but when revenue streams are being hit there’s only one thing that matters.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6924 on: October 16, 2019, 02:14:58 pm »
LeBron should have just stayed out of the whole HK discussion, what the fuck is he on about. Interested in freedom when it suits them, but when revenue streams are being hit there’s only one thing that matters.

Agreed.  Just shows he's a money hungry c*nt who doesn't give a fuck about human rights!

People should boycott the NBA.

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #6925 on: October 16, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »
Agreed.  Just shows he's a money hungry c*nt who doesn't give a fuck about human rights!

People should boycott the NBA.

Don't forget Nike's role in all this.  There are those who feel Nike, because of its massive footprint in the NBA, is behind all the (literal) kowtowing the league and its players are doing.  Nobody's covered themselves in glory here.  It's a bad look for LFC to have ties to Lebron and Nike given the flat-out endorsements and veto power they've given the CCP. 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6926 on: October 16, 2019, 08:57:31 pm »
i think the very badly worded point behind it was that morey put a lot of people (not just the players, the staff) in the middle of a massive international incident (which to be fair I doubt morey thought would happen) that they should never have been put in, especially those who went to China whereas he was never going to go there and essentially face the music when others had to run that gauntlet and their families would have been worried - basically the whole ‘just wait a week’ bit

Don't forget Nike's role in all this.  There are those who feel Nike, because of its massive footprint in the NBA, is behind all the (literal) kowtowing the league and its players are doing.  Nobody's covered themselves in glory here.  It's a bad look for LFC to have ties to Lebron and Nike given the flat-out endorsements and veto power they've given the CCP. 
The whole thing has offended a lot of chinese people over there, that Rachel Nichols bit about hardly anyone showing up to the hotel and covering their faces when cameras were showing compared to before so it’s not as much bowing to the Chinese communist party as much as the citizens as that joe Tsai letter mentioned the whole historical psyche of the Chinese around those sorts of issues
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:59:54 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #6927 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:02 am »
Remember back when President Reagan referred to the Soviet Union as "The Evil Empire" and Tass and Pravda bleated on and on about how he had hurt the feelings of the Russian people?  Or how about that time The Third Reich spoke out about the hurt feelings of the Germans in the wake of Casablanca's release?

Me neither.

This constant blather about the feelings of the Chinese people, whatever the fuck that's even supposed to mean, is the sign of an immature society.  Given the track record of its government internationally and domestically in the past several decades, using the "muh feelz!" defense in the face of inevitable criticism is both laughable and cringeworthy.   

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6928 on: October 18, 2019, 11:56:12 pm »
Athletic saying pacers are considering trading sabonis....

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6929 on: October 19, 2019, 09:47:45 am »
Shocked to see how cheap his current contract is at this market

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6930 on: October 19, 2019, 09:51:08 am »
Exactly. Sad to see how big of a hypocrite he can turn into.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6931 on: October 19, 2019, 10:23:38 am »

Do I not like that. And yes, I know he has an expiring contract but that dude is such a good player.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6932 on: October 20, 2019, 07:37:13 am »
Siakam signs 4 yrs 130M max deal with Raptors.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6933 on: October 23, 2019, 12:36:28 am »
MVP chants for Masai there!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6934 on: October 23, 2019, 03:24:40 am »
Lowry plays like an ass but constantly whining on the floor, already tired of him.
Pelicans looking very good even without Zion. Melli playing well, even Okafor did well.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6935 on: October 23, 2019, 08:56:54 pm »
Shaq defends Daryl Morey comments on Hong Kong

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-nba-controversy-daryl-morey-was-right-shaq-speaks-out-on-nba-players-hong-kong-comments/

One of our best values here in America is free speech — we're allowed to say what we want to say and we are allowed to speak out on injustices and that's just how it goes and if people don't understand that that's something they have to deal with," Shaq said on TNT's pregame show on opening night of the NBA season.

"It was unfortunate for both parties, and you've got people speaking out about something they don't know what they're talking about," the four-time NBA champion continued. "Daryl Morey was right — whenever you see something going on anywhere in the world, you should have the right to say, 'That's not right.'"

-----------------------------

Huge respect to Shaq while Barkley went with the money over everything crowd.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6936 on: October 23, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »
Yeah well done to Shaq. Also, I don’t think people have made enough of the Chinese response, they’re an embarrassment.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6937 on: October 24, 2019, 05:56:29 am »
4 yrs 115M extension for Jaylen Brown. Damn, that's a huge overpay for a 13ppg player in my book.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6938 on: October 24, 2019, 09:06:56 am »
Some of the post game 1 reaction is way over the top about LeBron after yesterday. Dude has to be the most critiqued athlete of all time.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6939 on: October 24, 2019, 09:10:55 am »
4 yrs 115M extension for Jaylen Brown. Damn, that's a huge overpay for a 13ppg player in my book.

Nearly 29 million notes a year for a player that'll never be good enough to get them near winning a championship. More of this please, Boston.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6940 on: October 24, 2019, 10:58:28 am »
Lost to Detroit in the season opener. Fuck off.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #6941 on: October 25, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »
RJ Barrett looked good for us on his debut. Will be in with a shout for ROY.

Other news Clippers started really well as expected, I’m just glad GSW are no longer dominating.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6942 on: October 25, 2019, 08:18:19 pm »
Ayton suspended for 25 games for doping, so stupid by him or his doctors. Suns season over now after 1 game it seems.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6943 on: October 25, 2019, 09:07:49 pm »
Haha what on earth!

Crazy how average players are getting contracts that just half a decade ago would be for the truly elite.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6944 on: October 25, 2019, 09:12:20 pm »
Haha what on earth!

Crazy how average players are getting contracts that just half a decade ago would be for the truly elite.
Meanwhile Cedi Osman got only 31M for 4 years. He should fire his agent, he's worth 45-50M for 4 years easily.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6945 on: October 25, 2019, 09:34:30 pm »
Ayton suspended for 25 games for doping, so stupid by him or his doctors. Suns season over now after 1 game it seems.
that Charles Barkley joke about how they tested him because the suns won a game :lmao

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6946 on: October 25, 2019, 09:44:22 pm »
that Charles Barkley joke about how they tested him because the suns won a game :lmao
;D ;D

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6947 on: October 26, 2019, 03:07:17 pm »
Meh Fuck the Nets.

Irving is just unplayable.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6948 on: October 27, 2019, 08:48:21 pm »
OKC 33 points up on the dubs at halftime, fucking hell

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6949 on: October 27, 2019, 11:40:13 pm »
Dallas looking really good, shame for them there isn’t really a great third piece out there (unless you count kevin love and chris Paul’s contracts as not that bad) as they could be really good in the West this year

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6950 on: October 28, 2019, 12:00:14 am »
Hurts to see and say how good KP is going to be for them.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6951 on: October 28, 2019, 07:34:19 am »
Hurts to see and say how good KP is going to be for them.

Meh, let's see how long he stays healthy.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6952 on: October 28, 2019, 02:38:36 pm »
Curry's hair will go full white if we keep playing as garbage as this. Russell has been thrash and Draymond has been exposed so far.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #6953 on: October 28, 2019, 03:20:07 pm »
Went to Phoenix Suns v Sacremento Kings last week. Wasn't really sure about it beforehand but really enjoyed it, ticket was only $20 and got a t shirt for that as well.
Surprised the stadium was only around 2/3rds full though.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6954 on: October 28, 2019, 04:12:22 pm »
Went to Phoenix Suns v Sacremento Kings last week. Wasn't really sure about it beforehand but really enjoyed it, ticket was only $20 and got a t shirt for that as well.
Surprised the stadium was only around 2/3rds full though.
You look at competitive this season mate. Now imagine if you drafted Trae instead of Ayton.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #6955 on: October 28, 2019, 04:48:00 pm »
You look at competitive this season mate. Now imagine if you drafted Trae instead of Ayton.
I was over there with work, back home now.
Don't really know anything about the players. Enjoyed it all the same.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6956 on: October 28, 2019, 08:20:38 pm »
or Luka, then again I’m glad they didn’t draft trae or luka as the suns would probably have ruined them

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6957 on: October 28, 2019, 09:59:35 pm »
Must game win already for our coach tonight I think. Got to go all out to win Bulls @ home.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6958 on: October 29, 2019, 11:48:54 am »
0-3 so far. 2 losses to Detroit and one to Cleveland. Nate McMillan, get out of our club.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6959 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:14 pm »
Bobby P was balling last night. Also RJ really is something special.