Author Topic: Pre-Match - Liverpool Vs Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November 19:15 Sky Sports  (Read 50892 times)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
It’s mental how Gomez got injured 10 days ago - it feels like a lifetime ago. I’d love a gritty 1-0 but I think it’ll be quite open and wild. If the Leicester side that dismantled City a few weeks ago turn up we’ll be in for a tough night. But we are 63 games unbeaten at home and this side will fight to the death to keep that record intact.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Why the need to micro analyse everything? International break turns some of you in to a right odd bunch

International break is worse than no football at all, no decent or worthwhile football to watch and just waiting to lose players for our next game. International football is like cold turkey but with debts to pay as well.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ndidi, Soyuncu and Pereira are still out, Castagne, Fofana and Schmeichel are fit.
They really have done well so far considering all the injuries

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I think even with injuries we're a horrible, horrible match up for any Rodgers side. He's faced with the same old dilemna - play to his side's (and his own) strengths, which leaves them horribly vulnerable to our counter pressing, or attempt a defensive job that he's not actually particularly good at coaching. The scoreline hasn't always reflected it but we've consistently dominated them under his management. Of course, it'd be ludicrous to say that our back four won't be a factor at all but it's hard to get at us that much when you hardly have the ball and you're being smothered by the press, as has been the case in recent match ups.

And which one he tries seems to depend on how he thinks results have gone for him heading into the game. Like Doc said, I think there's goals in this. Hopefully for us. Agree with you that the team we put out can do the job.

Let the long weekend until we play begin.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We will overcome them.
Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Come on reds :scarf
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Just seen one of their fans put this team up on their forum...

Kasper     
          Justin Evans Fofana

Albrighton                        Castagne   
          Mendy Tielmans  Praet

Barnes

Vardy

Both teams riddled with injuries but our team is still better than their's. We should still be winning this game.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Agree with the above, despite our problems we should still be fancying our chances here. Weirdly I’m less worried about the defence and more slightly concerned about midfield just because we have so many options missing or having to be deployed elsewhere. No Hendo, probably no Thiago, presumably Fab at centre back and do we think Milner at RB?

Think we can have Gini, Keita and Jones which is still decent but with Keita being out for quite a while there’s no given he’ll be up to speed straight away. Wonder if we’ll see anything a bit unpredictable with Shaq or Minamino.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Agree with the above, despite our problems we should still be fancying our chances here. Weirdly I’m less worried about the defence and more slightly concerned about midfield just because we have so many options missing or having to be deployed elsewhere. No Hendo, probably no Thiago, presumably Fab at centre back and do we think Milner at RB?

Think we can have Gini, Keita and Jones which is still decent but with Keita being out for quite a while there’s no given he’ll be up to speed straight away. Wonder if we’ll see anything a bit unpredictable with Shaq or Minamino.

I'd say definitely no Thiago as he hasn't trained with the team for a bit.

This is what I think the team could be...

Alisson

Milner - Fab/Nat - Matip - Robertson

Keita - Gini - Jones

Jota - Firmino - Mane

That team HAS to be better than what Leicester put out. We'd also have Shaq, Minamino, Origi on the bench while their only/best attacking option is Iheanacho who is pretty shite.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah, that’s the most likely. Doesn’t give us many midfield options but we’ve seen Shaq play half an hour there. Plus if Gini or Keita had to go off I guess you could move Milner up and drop Neco Williams in.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan

Is there an argument for starting Fabinho in midfield just to give us more quality in the middle of the pitch? It would obviously mean either Phillips or Williams would have to start alongside Matip.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, that’s the most likely. Doesn’t give us many midfield options but we’ve seen Shaq play half an hour there. Plus if Gini or Keita had to go off I guess you could move Milner up and drop Neco Williams in.

Shaq has looked really good when he's played in midfield so I wouldn't be against him even starting there if Keita isn't 100%.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is there an argument for starting Fabinho in midfield just to give us more quality in the middle of the pitch? It would obviously mean either Phillips or Williams would have to start alongside Matip.

Probably an argument for it but I think he’ll start at the back. Tricky one really, who’s best equipped to deal with Vardy?

Shaq has looked really good when he's played in midfield so I wouldn't be against him even starting there if Keita isn't 100%.

He has looked good there but think it tends to be for the last half hour rather than a full 90.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen one of their fans put this team up on their forum...

Kasper     
          Justin Evans Fofana

Albrighton                        Castagne   
          Mendy Tielmans  Praet

Barnes

Vardy

Both teams riddled with injuries but our team is still better than their's. We should still be winning this game.

No maddison?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
No maddison?

No idea. I think somebody else had Maddison starting. He does seem to be in and out of the team quite a bit.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No idea. I think somebody else had Maddison starting. He does seem to be in and out of the team quite a bit.

He was coming back from injury pre internationals

I hope he doesn't play as think he's an upgrade on that midfield listed

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
It’s mental how Gomez got injured 10 days ago - it feels like a lifetime ago. I’d love a gritty 1-0 but I think it’ll be quite open and wild. If the Leicester side that dismantled City a few weeks ago turn up we’ll be in for a tough night. But we are 63 games unbeaten at home and this side will fight to the death to keep that record intact.
That'll be the dismantling with 3 pens to make it the win will it? Vardy's scoring this season has heavily relied on penalties. He is no Diego Jota. I generally agree with your overall sentiment, and want to use attack as the best form of defence, ironically the weapon of their manager in his best season with us, 13/14.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:50:50 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
. He is no Diego Jota.

Diogo isn't, either :)
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
No maddison?
He's only started 2 games with 6 sub appearances.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Big 3 points up for grabs now - chance to go 8 ahead of City.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
Big 3 points up for grabs now - chance to go 8 ahead of City.
Spurs are the biggest threat this season

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

We’ll see after the next group of 6 games, I predict we’ll be 5 points ahead of them by Boxing Day.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 07:34:04 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
What's the possible team looking like for this with all the injuries?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

They have played 9 matches. Lets see where they are in January.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
Just saw highlights of Leicesters 5-3 to united in 2014. Back then Vardy already had his trick where he creates a penalty by hooking into the defender running behind him. He still uses that a lot and got multiple penalties this way this season already. Think this will be the biggest threat for our defenders.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
What's the possible team looking like for this with all the injuries?

For me I think it's going to be:

Becker Milner Matip Fabinho Robbo Gini Naby Curtis Jota Bobby Mane

Think that's as good as we can get it all things considered. Hopefully Thiago in the bench.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
Just come in this thread to see how we're all doing, because I hear everyone is moaning about all these injuries and playing the victims. Just looking for excuses incase we lose our record. Is this true?

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
They have played 9 matches. Lets see where they are in January.
Like him or loathe him, Mourinho knows how to create a winning mentality.  At the moment he looks like he's in the successful part of his three year cycle and has a good team playing very well.

They'll finish above man City in my opinion.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Just come in this thread to see how we're all doing, because I hear everyone is moaning about all these injuries and playing the victims. Just looking for excuses incase we lose our record. Is this true?
No, not really.

Most are saying despite our injury woes, we're still the stronger side and expect to win. That's the difference with this Klopp team.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Alisson.
Milner, Matip, Tavares, Robertson.
Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones.
Da Silva, Firmino, Mane.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Alisson.
Milner, Matip, Tavares, Robertson.
Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones.
Da Silva, Firmino, Mane.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J123lM0RvzM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J123lM0RvzM</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Lfckingkenny

• Kemlynite
Just need 3 points tmoz don't care about performance just got to battle though the next couple of weeks

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
So... just need to win by 11 goals tomorrow and we’ll be top of the league...  8)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
If Fabinho and Matip play tomorrow then there is enough experience there to play Williams at full back and Milner in midfield. Gives us a midfield sub in Jones.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
Clear to me we’re still a much stronger side even with the injuries. I predict a comfortable win.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J123lM0RvzM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J123lM0RvzM</a>
Made me choke on my drink!   ;D

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
No, not really.

Most are saying despite our injury woes, we're still the stronger side and expect to win. That's the difference with this Klopp team.

Exactly as I thought,  although I partly like the unbearable tag, we really aren't,  it's all the others.

Now let's smash these. Come on red men.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan

Even worse, people are bigging up fucking Tottenham after 9 games.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Looks like a decent pre-match warm-up routine.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.