Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4566487 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #55520 on: July 14, 2019, 12:31:05 am »
Fuck Paul Ryan the gutless twat

Funny how he grew a pair once he had nothing to lose.

But like all rats, he has a survival instinct and thinks he has a political future. And he is flipping once more to go against Trump. That's a statement in itself.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55521 on: July 14, 2019, 02:01:39 am »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55522 on: July 14, 2019, 06:04:40 am »
Trump's base. The Dem's won't appeal to these guys no matter how inoffensive a candidate they select. They need excitement and turnout to overcome this edge.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #55523 on: July 14, 2019, 12:41:26 pm »
Sounds pretty accurate. Type of stuff that would be put in this century's version of Christopher Clark's The Sleepwalkers

Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama, according to a leaked memo written by the UK's former ambassador in the US.

Sir Kim Darroch described the move as an act of "diplomatic vandalism", according to the Mail on Sunday.

The paper says the memo was written after the then Foreign Secretary Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson appealed to the US in 2018 to stick with the nuclear dea
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48978484

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #55524 on: July 14, 2019, 01:58:04 pm »
US President Donald Trump has said that some Democrat congresswomen from countries “whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came”.

While it was not explicitly clear to whom he was referring, it came after the president launched an extraordinary attack on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar – both women of colour – saying he “doesn’t even know where they came from”

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
33m33 minutes ago

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:02:57 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55525 on: July 14, 2019, 02:05:14 pm »
Amazing how he flip flops from 'America is a horrible swamp and only I can fix it' to 'this is the greatest country we don't need your criticisms'.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55526 on: July 14, 2019, 02:18:47 pm »
US President Donald Trump has said that some Democrat congresswomen from countries “whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came”.

While it was not explicitly clear to whom he was referring, it came after the president launched an extraordinary attack on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar – both women of colour – saying he “doesn’t even know where they came from”

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
33m33 minutes ago

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Not racist at all.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55527 on: July 14, 2019, 02:21:02 pm »

Not racist at all.

AOC was born in the Bronx

So trump isn't wrong when he says

"who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55528 on: July 14, 2019, 02:22:05 pm »
AOC was born in the Bronx

So trump isn't wrong when he says

"who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world"

I know mate but he is wrong because she as you pointed out is in her original country.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55529 on: July 14, 2019, 02:25:15 pm »

I know mate but he is wrong because she as you pointed out is in her original country.

Hows the government in her original country now?  ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55530 on: July 14, 2019, 02:31:39 pm »
Hows the government in her original country now?  ;)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55531 on: July 14, 2019, 02:32:32 pm »
:D :lmao

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55532 on: July 14, 2019, 03:50:32 pm »
Everyone can read between the lines and read his narrative though.

You're not white, therefore, go back from where you come from, you dirty filthy foreigner. (wrongly stated)

No. Not remotely racist in the least.  No siree.

How the fuck does arguably, the most important man in the world, openly get away with this shit. Time and again.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55533 on: July 14, 2019, 03:52:45 pm »
The Speaker’s Twitter clap back is pure Nancy-ness!

I reject @realDonaldTrump’s xenophobic comments meant to divide our nation. Rather than attack Members of Congress, he should work with us for humane immigration policy that reflects American values. Stop the raids - #FamiliesBelongTogether!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1150408693021908992

It’s amazing how Trump has managed to maneuver Pelosi into irrelevance on issues that should be clear wins for her.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:54:17 pm by Mimi »
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55534 on: July 14, 2019, 04:03:52 pm »

It’s amazing how Trump has managed to maneuver Pelosi into irrelevance on issues that should be clear wins for her.

One's being a politician, the other is appealing to his people.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55535 on: July 14, 2019, 04:47:20 pm »

You were saying  ;D

Nancy Pelosi✔
@SpeakerPelosi

When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again.

Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55536 on: July 14, 2019, 05:02:57 pm »

You were saying  ;D

Too funny.

I underestimated Pelosi and was all for replacing her initially. But she is a pro.

She has lost the speakership before. She knows what she is doing. She has a long game rather than those that tweet at anything that moves.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #55537 on: July 14, 2019, 06:32:05 pm »
The next time someone tells me they have a problem with Biden or Harris or any other Democrat because they are "corporatist elites" or some other such bullshit, I'll tell them to read those Trump tweets. And then politely tell them to fuck off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55538 on: July 14, 2019, 06:35:33 pm »
The next time someone tells me they have a problem with Biden or Harris or any other Democrat because they are "corporatist elites" or some other such bullshit, I'll tell them to read those Trump tweets. And then politely tell them to fuck off.

Yeah,saying something praising that twat is enough for me to fuck a person out of my life.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55539 on: July 14, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »
Too funny.

I underestimated Pelosi and was all for replacing her initially. But she is a pro.

She has lost the speakership before. She knows what she is doing. She has a long game rather than those that tweet at anything that moves.

She's complicit.

'Better than Trump" is your bar for acceptable politics?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55540 on: July 14, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »
Straight up racism today.

Disgusting
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #55541 on: July 14, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »
Well if the Bible says it...

1) Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

2) Genesis 38:8-10 NASB
Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.”

3) Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NASB
If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

4) Ezekiel 23:19-20 NET
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

5) Exodus 4:24-25 NASB
Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.”

6) Samuel 18:25-27 ESV
Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

7) Leviticus 20
“18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.”

8) Leviticus 24:16
Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.

9) Kings 2:23
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

10) Deut. 28:53
Then because of the dire straights to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

11) Deut. 28: 27
May the Lord strike you with Egyptian boils and with tumors, scabs and itch for which you will find no cure.

Here are 11 kinds of verses Bible-believers ignore so that they can keep spouting the others when they want to. To list all of the verses in these categories would take a book almost the size of the Bible; one the size of the Bible minus the Jefferson Bible, to be precise. I’ll limit myself to a couple tantalizing tidbits of each kind, and the curious reader who wants more can go to the Skeptic’s Annotated Bible or simply dig out the old family tome and start reading at Genesis, Chapter I.

1. Weird insults and curses. The Monty Python crew may have coined some of the best insults of the last 100 years: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. But for centuries the reigning master was Shakespeare: It is certain that when he makes water his urine is congealed ice. Had John Cleese or William Shakespeare lived in the Iron Age, though, some of the Bible writers might have given him a run for his money. Christians may scoot past these passages, but one hell-bound humorist used them to create a biblical curse generator.

She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20 NIV
    You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. . . . The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head. Deuteronomy 28:30-31,35

2. Awkwardly useless commandments. The Bible is chock-a-block with do's and don’ts. Some of them are simply statements of universal ethical principles, like do to others what you would have them do to you, or don’t lie, or don’t covet your neighbor’s possessions. But from a moral standpoint most of them are simply useless or even embarrassing—especially if you think God could have used the space to say don’t have sex with anyone who doesn’t want you to, or wash your hands after you go to the bathroom.

Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19
    Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27

3. Silly food rules. The early Hebrews probably didn’t have an obesity epidemic like the one that has spread around the globe today. Even so, one might think that if an unchanging and eternal God were going to give out food rules he might have considered the earnest Middle-American believers who would be coming along in 2014. A little divine focus on amping up leafy green vegetables and avoiding sweets might have gone a long way. Instead, the Bible strictly forbids eating rabbit, shellfish, pork, weasels, scavengers, reptiles, and owls. As is, Christians simply ignore the eating advisories in the Old Testament, even though they claim that edicts like the Ten Commandments and the anti-queer clobber verses still apply.

All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 9:10
    Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother's milk. Exodus 23:19

4. Holy hangups about genitals. God, or the Bible writers, is hung up about sexual anatomy in a way many modern Christians, fortunately, are not. In "The Year of Living Biblically," the author, A.J. Jacobs, attempts to obey Mosaic laws about menstruation. When his wife finds out what those laws actually are, she gives him the middle finger by sitting on every chair in the house.

When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
    When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12

5. God’s temper tantrums. Modern Christians may talk about God as a loving father, or even a Jesus buddy, the kind you’d want to play golf with, but in reality Bible-God goes out of his way to be intimidating. Worse, he appears to lose control of his temper at times, lashing out like an oversized thwarted three-year-old; and his earthly representatives—including Jesus—do the same.

Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 2 Kings 2:23-25 NIV
    Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered. Matthew 21:18-22 NIV

6. Times when the Bible God is worse than Satan. In the Bible, Satan is described as a roaring lion who prowls the earth, seeking whom he may devour. But if you actually read the stories, Satan doesn’t do much other than to tempt people into disobeying the dictates of Yahweh, who acts like a heavenly dictator with borderline personality disorder. God, by contrast, professes his undying love, kindness and mercy, but then commands his minions to commit brutal atrocities when he isn’t up for it himself. Some of the stories are so bad even Hollywood, with its passion for glorious biblical sex and violence, won’t touch them, especially the plentiful Bible stories about sexual slavery and human sacrifice.

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
    He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them.... He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. 2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT

7. Instructions for slave masters. The reality is that the Bible says much more in support of slavery than against it. Even the New Testament Jesus never says owning people is wrong. Instead, the Bible gives explicit instructions to masters and slaves. Awkward.

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT
    Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

8. Bizzare death penalties. Years ago, I wrote an article titled, “If the Bible Were Law Would You Qualify For the Death Penalty?” It identified 35 different offenses that earn a person capital punishment in the Bible. Hint: You probably qualify. And so does the dog who belongs to your kinky neighbor.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. Leviticus 20:15 NLT

9. Denigration of handicapped people. The yuck factor is probably wired into humanity at the level of instinct, a way to avoid contamination and pathogens. Shit smells bad to us, as does decaying flesh. Our revulsion at illness and injury fuels a whole Hollywood horror industry. The Bible writers had the same instincts, but unlike modern health professionals, who have the benefit of germ theory, they had no idea what was contagious and what wasn’t, and they blurred the ideas of physical purity with spiritual purity. Modern Christians largely escape their denigration of physical handicaps.

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD. Deuteronomy 23:1 NRSV
    Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries. Leviticus 21:17-23 KJV

10. Moral edicts that demand too much. If much of the Bible gets ignored because it is morally irrelevant, immoral, outdated, or factually wrong, another portion gets ignored because it sets the bar too high, like putting divorce on par with—omg—homosexuality. If you want to send a conservative Bible-believer into a froth, try suggesting Jesus was a socialist. Then, when he goes all Jehovah on you, quote from the book of Ephesians.

Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same. Luke 3:11 NIV
    Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place. Ephesians 5:4 NIV

11. Passages that are a waste of brain space and paper. Some years ago I worked on a website called Wisdom Commons, a library of timeless quotes and stories from many traditions. I had the idea that I would go through the Bible and pull out bits that were relevant, so I started reading.

What I found was that most of the Bible was neither horrible nor inspiring. It was simply dull and irrelevant: long genealogies written by men obsessed with racial purity; archaic stories about ancient squabbles over real estate and women; arcane rituals aimed at pleasing a volatile deity; folk medicine practices involving mandrakes and dove’s blood; superstition that equated cleanliness with spiritual purity and misfortune with divine disfavor; outdated insider politics.

On top of that, it was badly written, with some stories garbled and others repeated, though rarely in complete agreement about the facts. The Bible’s supposed author seemed like a psychological mess, and I found myself irritated. With a finite number of pages to set the course of human history, this was the best He could do?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55542 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:33 pm »
She's complicit.

in what? Trump being racist?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55543 on: July 14, 2019, 09:26:51 pm »
in what? Trump being racist?

If you have the power to at least disrupt a fascist agenda and don't, you're complicit. She's playing politics while people are being rounded up into camps. She doesn't get credit for a snappy tweet or two.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55544 on: July 14, 2019, 09:31:37 pm »
If you have the power to at least disrupt a fascist agenda and don't, you're complicit. She's playing politics while people are being rounded up into camps. She doesn't get credit for a snappy tweet or two.

How would she disrupt what Trump is doing? Do you mean Impeachment hearings?

Well that won't change his border or foreign policy at all. They are not gonna take a vacation at those camps just because impeachment hearings are going on.

Then it just becomes a political decision whether to try to impeach him and fail or let me continue as an unpopular president and hope you win big in 2020 and next midterms.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55545 on: July 14, 2019, 09:35:52 pm »
How would she disrupt what Trump is doing? Do you mean Impeachment hearings?

Well that won't change his border or foreign policy at all. They are not gonna take a vacation at those camps just because impeachment hearings are going on.

Then it just becomes a political decision whether to try to impeach him and fail or let me continue as an unpopular president and hope you win big in 2020 and next midterms.

Impeachment is one way, it would literally disrupt his ability to fuck up the country.

Not passing the funding for the border would have been another way. But she passed it "reluctantly". Complicit.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #55546 on: July 14, 2019, 09:40:13 pm »
She's complicit.

'Better than Trump" is your bar for acceptable politics?

At the moment? Fucking yes. Because if progressives begin pussyfooting around again with the lesser of two evils is still evil horseshit, we're going to get another four years of Trump. Why don't you honestly tell me, who would you prefer in the White House? Corporate-centrists like Biden or Harris, or another 4 years of Trump?

Four years ago, Clinton was not my perfect candidate. I did think she would make a good president, but perfect? Not even close to it. What I did recognize though was that despite all her imperfections, she would be a million times better than a Trump presidency. If Clinton was in office at the moment, would we be talking about racist tweets aimed at congressional women of color? I still think the same as I thought four years ago. A Biden/Harris/Buttigieg/Warren/Sanders presidency would be the first step in cleaning up the absolute mess that Trump is going to leave. It'll pave the way for a future progressive president like AOC, Taib, etc. You have to walk before you can run. You have to crawl before you can walk. Whether you like it or not, the majority of Democrats at the moment aren't as far left as Warren or Sanders. Electing someone in 2020 who can help heal the divide in not just the party but the nation as a whole would be a massive step forward towards a Democratic party that mostly aligns with the views of Sanders, Warren, AOC and others.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55547 on: July 14, 2019, 09:43:37 pm »
At the moment? Fucking yes. Because if progressives begin pussyfooting around again with the lesser of two evils is still evil horseshit, we're going to get another four years of Trump. Why don't you honestly tell me, who would you prefer in the White House? Corporate-centrists like Biden or Harris, or another 4 years of Trump?

Four years ago, Clinton was not my perfect candidate. I did think she would make a good president, but perfect? Not even close to it. What I did recognize though was that despite all her imperfections, she would be a million times better than a Trump presidency. If Clinton was in office at the moment, would we be talking about racist tweets aimed at congressional women of color? I still think the same as I thought four years ago. A Biden/Harris/Buttigieg/Warren/Sanders presidency would be the first step in cleaning up the absolute mess that Trump is going to leave. It'll pave the way for a future progressive president like AOC, Taib, etc. You have to walk before you can run. You have to crawl before you can walk. Whether you like it or not, the majority of Democrats at the moment aren't as far left as Warren or Sanders. Electing someone in 2020 who can help heal the divide in not just the party but the nation as a whole would be a massive step forward towards a Democratic party that mostly aligns with the views of Sanders, Warren, AOC and others.

But this is the Primary season, where we try to chase out the shitty candidates and get the one we want. I'm not falling in line behind every candidate right now. As long as people represent a better America I'm going to do as much as I can to get them ahead of the likes of Biden.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55548 on: July 14, 2019, 09:53:26 pm »

I very largely agree with the above, except I am probably less keen than you about Clinton (and you are a bit on the cool side). But when it comes to what is (pretty-much) a binary decision, and it is something as monumentally important as selecting the next president, the rational thing to do is pick the better of the two. Those waiting for 'perfect are totally misguided. Going back to Clinton vs Trump: not only are they not in the same league, they are playing different sports (if Trump's tiddlywinks counts as a sport). Whoever is nominated for president from the Democrats, all Democrats she vote him/her. Because, as you will no doubt agree, all the candidates are a million times better than Trump. Though, I just hope the nominee is someone who can command wide support, because it is inevitable that some on the left will demand a nominee who is TWO million times better then Trump, else they will not vote.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55549 on: July 14, 2019, 09:57:28 pm »
But this is the Primary season, where we try to chase out the shitty candidates and get the one we want. I'm not falling in line behind every candidate right now. As long as people represent a better America I'm going to do as much as I can to get them ahead of the likes of Biden.
Fair enough. I was in the Sates for the last contest: it was very disappointing to see many Sanders supporters being very vocal about not voting or voting for a third (no hope) candidate. And Sanders' hesitation in this matter did not help either. Yeah, yeah. I get his anger about Debbie Wasserman Schultz. But there was a bigger issue at stake, and even back then, it was obvious.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55550 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:12 pm »
Impeachment is one way, it would literally disrupt his ability to fuck up the country.

Not passing the funding for the border would have been another way. But she passed it "reluctantly". Complicit.

The Democrats' bill would never get through the Senate, so she had a choice - either pass the other bill which provided at least some funding for looking after the migrants at the detention centres, or pass nothing and get no new funding at all. In practical terms, what would you have done in her position? People accuse her of playing politics over impeachment, but not securing any funding at all just to make a political point and look 'strong' would be just as bad.

I agree Trump has done more than enough to deserve impeachment and would be happy if she did back it, but it would have no effect on what's happening at the border and wouldn't disrupt him from doing anything else. We know the Senate will never vote to impeach him so it has to be questioned what the point would be. There is an argument that simply having the House impeachment hearings, even knowing that the Senate will never vote to impeach him, might make a difference because it would bring it all into sharper focus for the American public and might even bring new evidence to light. So yes it could make him more unpopular, but it's still not clear what practical effect it would have in terms of his job. He'll never resign so it would inevitably end up being settled at the ballot box in 2020 anyway.

Anyway this latest tweet by Trump is not only racist, but also incredibly dumb - not only because the people he's talking about are American so they don't have countries to 'go back to', but also because it's actually their job to talk about 'how the country should be run'.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55551 on: July 14, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
Fair enough. I was in the Sates for the last contest: it was very disappointing to see many Sanders supporters being very vocal about not voting or voting for a third (no hope) candidate. And Sanders' hesitation in this matter did not help either. Yeah, yeah. I get his anger about Debbie Wasserman Schultz. But there was a bigger issue at stake, and even back then, it was obvious.

Lots talked about it, but more Sanders supporters voted Hillary than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in 08. Difference is Obama won.

The Democrats' bill would never get through the Senate, so she had a choice - either pass the other bill which provided at least some funding for looking after the migrants at the detention centres, or pass nothing and get no new funding at all. In practical terms, what would you have done in her position? People accuse her of playing politics over impeachment, but not securing any funding at all just to make a political point and look 'strong' would be just as bad.

I agree Trump has done more than enough to deserve impeachment and would be happy if she did back it, but it would have no effect on what's happening at the border and wouldn't disrupt him from doing anything else. We know the Senate will never vote to impeach him so it has to be questioned what the point would be. There is an argument that simply having the House impeachment hearings, even knowing that the Senate will never vote to impeach him, might make a difference because it would bring it all into sharper focus for the American public and might even bring new evidence to light. So yes it could make him more unpopular, but it's still not clear what practical effect it would have in terms of his job. He'll never resign so it would inevitably end up being settled at the ballot box in 2020 anyway.

Anyway this latest tweet by Trump is not only racist, but also incredibly dumb - not only because the people he's talking about are American so they don't have countries to 'go back to', but also because it's actually their job to talk about 'how the country should be run'.

You're literally saying she should do nothing and then also do nothing. And you wonder why people are mad that she does nothing.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55552 on: July 14, 2019, 10:16:42 pm »

She was complicit in winning back the house with a record turn out and big pickups in red and purple states. She was complicit in having him back down over the wall. She was complicit in making him look like an idiot with the shutdown.

It's not politics when only 1 side is talking. An impeachment hearing is just a piece of theatre as long as the GOP senate will do nothing. Politics is compromise and negotiation to get something done. The GOP has put party over people for decades and you want Pelosi to sacrifice the Dems for their sins? To feel self-righteous and earn the boy scout impeachment badge?

This ends and Trump goes to prison with the Dems winning big in 2020. Period. Impeachment is basically ignoring the vote of the people and saying you know better. It's pointless to do it unless there is consensus between both parties and the people. Nixon was going to be impeached because enough republican senators were going to vote for it. Which republican senator if any would vote for it?

The Dems will make their case in the election. Pelosi is correct to keep her powder dry until the people and the GOP also turn on him.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55553 on: July 14, 2019, 10:21:36 pm »

Cause then her folks can go into the election armed with an example of how they worked to make things better.

You think President Ken-doll-hair will be better than Trump at the border? Have you been blind and deaf this last week? He'll be just as bad and probably sell it better. Trump just made it clear it is racism pure and simple, not logistics, and not funding (because Pelosi took away that card...).

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55554 on: July 14, 2019, 10:24:37 pm »
She was complicit in winning back the house with a record turn out and big pickups in red and purple states. She was complicit in having him back down over the wall. She was complicit in making him look like an idiot with the shutdown.

It's not politics when only 1 side is talking. An impeachment hearing is just a piece of theatre as long as the GOP senate will do nothing. Politics is compromise and negotiation to get something done. The GOP has put party over people for decades and you want Pelosi to sacrifice the Dems for their sins? To feel self-righteous and earn the boy scout impeachment badge?

This ends and Trump goes to prison with the Dems winning big in 2020. Period. Impeachment is basically ignoring the vote of the people and saying you know better. It's pointless to do it unless there is consensus between both parties and the people. Nixon was going to be impeached because enough republican senators were going to vote for it. Which republican senator if any would vote for it?

The Dems will make their case in the election. Pelosi is correct to keep her powder dry until the people and the GOP also turn on him.

Thia is delusional fantasy. The big gains were because people rejected Trump and his politics. Pelosi has taken that wave of resistance and...done nothing.

She's proven that if you are disgusted by Trump and his policies, establishment Dems aren't your ally. That's it. They won't impeach or even really hinder him in anyway.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55555 on: July 14, 2019, 10:30:40 pm »

They had the luxury of thinking that Clinton would win anyway, so felt free to protest. I don't see that happening in 2020.   

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55556 on: July 14, 2019, 10:40:47 pm »
They had the luxury of thinking that Clinton would win anyway, so felt free to protest. I don't see that happening in 2020.
Yes, there may well be more than a little truth to that. Virtually everyone here at RAWK thought Clinton was shoe-in, but I warned that the opinion polls could not be relied upon in that contest (because it was different from the norm) and that there was a very real possibility of Trump winning. Unfortunately, I was correct.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55557 on: July 14, 2019, 10:51:52 pm »
Thia is delusional fantasy. The big gains were because people rejected Trump and his politics. Pelosi has taken that wave of resistance and...done nothing.

She's proven that if you are disgusted by Trump and his policies, establishment Dems aren't your ally. That's it. They won't impeach or even really hinder him in anyway.

They swept California including orange county. You think AOC polls well in orange county? Talk about fantasy.

Have you not seen all the house committee hearings going on into Trump? How is an impeachment hearing any different or more effective at swaying public opinion against him? Will Trump and his cronies cooperate even more with them? Will the court fights over those hearings last any shorter time than the court fights over the current house committee investigations?

I'd rather the dems go into 2020 with their house candidates having a list of real changes they tried to implement but for a do-nothing senate. I'd rather the environment and healthcare to be the rallying cries of Dem Senate and house candidates trying to expand the electorate...not having those subjects drowned out by an impeachment circus.

Will your disgust with Trump's policies be any less when President Pence and his VP Nikki Haley candy coat them?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55558 on: July 14, 2019, 11:00:33 pm »
They swept California including orange county. You think AOC polls well in orange county? Talk about fantasy.

Have you not seen all the house committee hearings going on into Trump? How is an impeachment hearing any different or more effective at swaying public opinion against him? Will Trump and his cronies cooperate even more with them? Will the court fights over those hearings last any shorter time than the court fights over the current house committee investigations?

I'd rather the dems go into 2020 with their house candidates having a list of real changes they tried to implement but for a do-nothing senate. I'd rather the environment and healthcare to be the rallying cries of Dem Senate and house candidates trying to expand the electorate...not having those subjects drowned out by an impeachment circus.

Will your disgust with Trump's policies be any less when President Pence and his VP Nikki Haley candy coat them?

I'd be quite happy to forego impeachment if I felt that Pelosi and her cronies were doing anything else to make life even slightly difficult for him.

"We'll beat Trump with a good candidate running on a solid platform" - sounds familiar, what could go wrong.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55559 on: July 14, 2019, 11:01:27 pm »
Yes, there may well be more than a little truth to that. Virtually everyone here at RAWK thought Clinton was shoe-in, but I warned that the opinion polls could not be relied upon in that contest (because it was different from the norm) and that there was a very real possibility of Trump winning. Unfortunately, I was correct.

I thought she would. Right up to the last minute. As Dewey Cox sang, "guilty as charged".

But Michael Moore was predicting what happened in Mich, Wisc, and Pennsylvania. Not those clever never-Trumpers. Not the centrists. Not the old guard like Debbie Wasserman Schultz or Donna Brazil or the Clintons. But the radical lefty from the rustbelt knew that his neighbours were not receptive to what Clinton was not Even trying to sell.