Author Topic: Liverpool rejected bids from Gremio & Villarreal for Lucas yesterday  (Read 28940 times)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Re: Liverpool rejected bids from Gremio & Villarreal for Lucas yesterday
« Reply #200 on: February 1, 2011, 11:08:17 pm »
Well done Lucas lad. Model pro.

Offline Istillstilltrustrafa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Peace..
« Reply #201 on: February 1, 2011, 11:21:49 pm »
Good Lad, Hope he gets signed up long term..
Has steadily become one of my favourite players  :D

Offline ShinyPepeHead

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 1, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »
No need to pretend he's one of the best midfielders in the world...

Re-watch Carroll's goal against us and rate his role in that. Or try and world out how many assists he has had over the past 2-3 years.

Good player though, and one of our better performers this year.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #203 on: February 1, 2011, 11:46:02 pm »
No need to pretend he's one of the best midfielders in the world...

Re-watch Carroll's goal against us and rate his role in that. Or try and world out how many assists he has had over the past 2-3 years.

Good player though, and one of our better performers this year.
No-one is.

He stuck to his instructions.

He's a DM.

Correct

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #204 on: February 1, 2011, 11:48:11 pm »
Delinquent registered in October, but apparently in all that time - Hodgson, defeats, appointment of Dalglish, El Ninny, Suarez, Carroll - the only thread he's been motivated to post in is this one. The day after over £100m passes through Anfield one way or the other, the most vital discussion for him is to express disappointment that Lucas didn't want to move. The sort of thing a previously banned Lucas basher might do. Perhaps.

Blimey. That's some paranoia you've got there.

Not that I care one iota who you think I am or what my motivations are, but I have never posted on this site, largely because of the reputation you have here. However, I don't like to go on hearsay, so I thought I'd give it a try for myself. Having tried it, I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving. Hence my withdrawal from the thread, which you seem so determined  to goad me back into. And for what purpose? Would you like me banned for daring to criticise him? Because I can only deduce from your comments thus far that banning people who don't agree with the masses has been a well-used policy in the past.

And for the misguided individual who tried to suggest that I don't get to any games - grow up. You let those members of the forum who seem willing to engage in an adult conversation down with that superfan nonsense. Is that really all you have to offer? I have watched Lucas in the flesh plenty of times, and am yet to meet a match-goer who sees what you all do in him. It's quite clear that we live in different circles. I am as bewildered by the weight of opinion on this forum as you all appear to be by my opinion of him. The only difference is that I'm not the one sneering, playing the superfan, or suggesting people are stupid for not agreeing with me. It's ironic that it's always the ones who aren't quite as clever as they think they are who resort to intellectual snobbery.

I am not trying to wind anyone up, I genuine have a different opinion. One that isn't welcome, clearly. Night!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #205 on: February 1, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »

Not that I care one iota who you think I am or what my motivations are, but I have never posted on this site, largely because of the reputation you have here. However, I don't like to go on hearsay, so I thought I'd give it a try for myself. Having tried it, I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving. Hence my withdrawal from the thread, which you seem so determined  to goad me back into. And for what purpose? Would you like me banned for daring to criticise him? Because I can only deduce from your comments thus far that banning people who don't agree with the masses has been a well-used policy in the past.

And for the misguided individual who tried to suggest that I don't get to any games - grow up. You let those members of the forum who seem willing to engage in an adult conversation down with that superfan nonsense. Is that really all you have to offer? I have watched Lucas in the flesh plenty of times, and am yet to meet a match-goer who sees what you all do in him. It's quite clear that we live in different circles. I am as bewildered by the weight of opinion on this forum as you all appear to be by my opinion of him. The only difference is that I'm not the one sneering, playing the superfan, or suggesting people are stupid for not agreeing with me. It's ironic that it's always the ones who aren't quite as clever as they think they are who resort to intellectual snobbery.

I am not trying to wind anyone up, I genuine have a different opinion. One that isn't welcome, clearly. Night!

You're Ray Houghton and I claim my 5 quid. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #206 on: February 1, 2011, 11:59:16 pm »
 :-X

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 2, 2011, 12:01:09 am »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 2, 2011, 12:03:20 am »

So in the 3 months since you registered, the fact that Lucas wasn't sold yesterday is the only Liverpool FC news that's prompted you to post?

NESV buy Liverpool, two days after you register?
Hodgson?
Crap results?
Dalglish takes over?
Good performances/results?
Transfer rumours?
Suarez?
Carroll?
Torres?

Not interested. Lucas Leiva not sold? I must post on that one.

Fuck it, I'm not a mod. Post away. Try some other threads.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Wot_Shanks_would_Say

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: February 2, 2011, 12:04:12 am »
One of the prominent arguments for Lucas is that he would not be out of place in a team surrounded by great players because of the way he plays. But that is why he might not be so good for us right now. We would have to assemble a world class team in order to get the best of him doing his un-recognised hard work. We would have to build around him. The point is we need a player in his position right now, who is more effective. My god give me Masch back or a player of his ilk, even Momo, many times over what Lucas seems to offer. But of course he will get better, he is only young  ;D

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #210 on: February 2, 2011, 12:09:33 am »
I felt compelled to post about something when I registered, unaware that it would take over 24 hours for my membership to be approved. By which time the compulsion had gone. I hadn't even come back until today. As you can imagine, I'm gutted it's taken me this long!

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #211 on: February 2, 2011, 12:10:52 am »
Something I tend to notice is that the anti-Lucas crowd seems to argue that "he's just not good enough for a top of the league team" and don't tend to give actual reasons for why that is the case. I was actually one of those earlier in the season. I think I was clouded by seeing him pair up with Poulsen too many times and Christian makes people look bad because he doesn't make himself available for the ball and generally doesn't find himself in proper position defensively. He's definitely a "pass before the assist" or the "pass before the pass before the assist" kind of guy, but you need guys like that in the squad that will keep possession and put the brakes on opposition counters. Mascherano was probably the best DM at the Defensive part, but I'd still consider Lucas to be GREAT defensively in his role. He has trouble finding goals, but I'm ok with that.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 2, 2011, 12:13:43 am »
I felt compelled to post about something when I registered, unaware that it would take over 24 hours for my membership to be approved. By which time the compulsion had gone. I hadn't even come back until today. As you can imagine, I'm gutted it's taken me this long!

Ah well, you've learned that Lucas threads can be a bruising introduction, then :).

The other threads are much more relaxed. Except the Carragher, Gerrard and Kuyt ones.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 2, 2011, 12:13:48 am »
there was in the summer, and a couple of others, I was told that he wanted to go but wasnt allowed at the time

I thought he was one of the people on the list Purslow gave Hodgson? Does that mean the bids weren't big enough? Rather glad they weren't, if that was indeed what happened.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #214 on: February 2, 2011, 12:32:05 am »
What is it with posters claiming to be somehow 'silenced' ("I am being oppressed" Monty Python style) when other posters express differing opinions or asking them clarifying or, well, leading questions regarding their opinions?

I got banned a couple of weeks or so ago, as I was exchanging vulgarities and insults with another poster in a Glen Johnson thread. Served me right. He and I are now twitter friends. But it was NOT for the content of my heterodox views of Glen. It was for being obnoxious and insulting.

Therefore, if a poster is really committed a heterodox opinion, then he/she CAN stay and 'face the music' without fear of being banned so long as he/she does not abuse others or make him/herself a nuisance.

So, Delinquent, pretty please with sugar on top, drop the B.S. sarcastic apologies and the paranoid delusions about persecuted. If your views of Lucas have ANY merit, it is at RAWK where it will be discovered and respected. Preaching to the choir does no such thing. For a 'choir' in re Lucas for a person with your views, TIA is the place.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #215 on: February 2, 2011, 12:32:50 am »
Not that I care one iota who you think I am or what my motivations are, but I have never posted on this site, largely because of the reputation you have here. However, I don't like to go on hearsay, so I thought I'd give it a try for myself. Having tried it, I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving.
Either that, or people on this site are prepared to look at a player's actual role in the team, and rate accordingly. And talk football rather than regurgitate bollocks like sideways passing and silly fouls etc., not rating him for his assists and goals numbers when he's playing as a fucking DM. On some other sites, slagging off Lucas has almost become a badge of honour. Which is shameful.

Maybe that's why your first tweet wasn't so well received.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #216 on: February 2, 2011, 12:39:53 am »
Love the lad and rate him highly. I struggle to understand those who don't, but you're more than welcome to your opinion. In his career, though, he has played at Gremio (won the Bola de Ouro), Brazil's U20 side (which he captained), Liverpool, and now is becoming an integral part of the senior Brazil side. For a footballer who isn't of Liverpool quality, he sure has managed to fool quite a few world-renowned clubs and managers into thinking he is. He's exactly the type of player we should be looking to build the squad around in the next few years. At 24 (and steadily improving), he should be entering his footballing prime right during the period FSG has targeted to return our club to the top (2-3 years). I hope we get this lad sorted with a new contract pronto. He has carried himself exactly as a Liverpool player should, and for that, he has all my respect and admiration.
Justice For The 96

Offline Valery_Karpin

• Main Stander
  • Scrapping with Denisov
« Reply #217 on: February 2, 2011, 12:42:18 am »
Good squaddie with a big heart, hope he stays.
"Imagine a coach who's been a champion and continues using the same methods. It's a mistake. Things don't stop, they evolve." Vitor Baia

Offline Lucas21Dawson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #218 on: February 2, 2011, 12:46:04 am »
Myself I couldn't care if he doesn't score enough goals or makes enough assists. What that man brings to the team is the passion and commitment to play for the shirt. Which in some peoples eyes is better than scoring goals. I have always backed Lucas whereas other fans I know say he is not good enough. The lad gives 100% every game. Which is more than can be said about other players past and present. And that is what we need.
I would have been gutted to see him leave last summer under the snake and woys tenure.
He was a great player last year, and if I remember when he played in a more attacking role he created chances, and I'm pretty sure he was a box to box player originally.
Hope the lad gets a new contract. It's fully deserved.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #219 on: February 2, 2011, 12:50:52 am »
Credit to L6 Red, cuppatea and  REDbrown.

I,
I, Love the red clothes he wears
And the way the sunlight plays upon his hair
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII see the sight of a gentle touch
before a perfect ball, is floating through the air

Number 21, Lucas Leiva,
There's no Brazilian braver,
So give the ball to Lucas Leiva,
He's Liverpool's midfield saviour,
LOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOO
Lucas Leiva!
LOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOO
Lucas Leiva!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

Got to be honest, I read the posts from Delinquent and figured I couldn't be arsed with the rest.

This song for me says it all, I think its quality. I will follow any dumb fucker singing this song, and may even try and start it myself.

Lucas lad, I hope you stay here for years to come. Just keep an eye on that mullet. :)
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #220 on: February 2, 2011, 12:56:10 am »
What is it with posters claiming to be somehow 'silenced' ("I am being oppressed" Monty Python style) when other posters express differing opinions or asking them clarifying or, well, leading questions regarding their opinions?

I got banned a couple of weeks or so ago, as I was exchanging vulgarities and insults with another poster in a Glen Johnson thread. Served me right. He and I are now twitter friends. But it was NOT for the content of my heterodox views of Glen. It was for being obnoxious and insulting.

Therefore, if a poster is really committed a heterodox opinion, then he/she CAN stay and 'face the music' without fear of being banned so long as he/she does not abuse others or make him/herself a nuisance.

So, Delinquent, pretty please with sugar on top, drop the B.S. sarcastic apologies and the paranoid delusions about persecuted. If your views of Lucas have ANY merit, it is at RAWK where it will be discovered and respected. Preaching to the choir does no such thing. For a 'choir' in re Lucas for a person with your views, TIA is the place.

I can assure you that my silence was for my benefit, more than anything else. It was quite clear that the discussion was beginning to deteriorate into pettiness, so I thought it best to end it where I did. And I can assure you that I don't feel the weight of any oppression - I just take issue with those who resort to diatribe the minute they see something they don't agree with. I can live with it, I just don't have to credit it with a response.

Oh, and TIA is full of self-important twats.

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: February 2, 2011, 01:53:41 am »
Obviously I'm made up at the thought of Lucas signing a new contract BUT, I will be even happier when he has ACTUALLY signed his new contract.

At the risk of being a cynic, we don't tend to believe the media here, so why should we believe the Brazilian media?

Like I said, when he signs I will be over the moon, but until that day I'm trying to remain calm  :)

No media is 100% reliable, neverthelss the Globo is more reliable than most English sites I know. IF the are not sure, the Globo rporters say "according to the DAILY ...etc"

AS for Gremio.  this makes sense,  taking into account the current situation of the CM of Gremio .  THey lost some important players and others are injured, the only player in Lucas positon is temped by Olympic Lion..They looked for a past star,  failed with Ronaldinho, good for them IMHO,  they turned to Lucas, They know his love for his former club,  he keeps connection with some important journalists and is often quoted in the Brazilian media about EPL games.   Radio Gaucha station of Porto Alegre talks with him from time to time, and I could go on.  Lucas was always respected by the press in Brazil because he was an excellent speaker, and reliable too.  Lucas said many times lately that he will love to return to Gremio sometime, but not now, his present goal is to stay in Liverpool , he feels well adapted and at home there, after first time struggle. 

He does not answer in the twitter questions about renewal of the contract, nor about other clubs offers. So we can be sure ta least until the end of this season

Offline Valery_Karpin

• Main Stander
  • Scrapping with Denisov
« Reply #222 on: February 2, 2011, 02:47:45 am »
It will all be the work of his agent trying to get him a new contract, finalising Lucas with a more important role in the side, i.e. a salary to match the amount he plays.

Probably not Lucas' choice to do it this way, but they have to pressure the club some way, so declaring interest from other clubs - and potential interest from the past - is an easy way to get their attention. Given he's currently a first choice player, a pay-rise and a contract tying him down will be just what he wants.

Not much need to panick, t'is quite normal to hear stuff like this, the club will probably sit him down in the next five months, thrash it out and it will be a normality.
"Imagine a coach who's been a champion and continues using the same methods. It's a mistake. Things don't stop, they evolve." Vitor Baia

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #223 on: February 2, 2011, 03:01:25 am »
Mind you that Villarreal will be in the CL next season, the lad got great loyalty.

Loyalty.  There's another one of his great attributes that always gets overlooked by those who are in a rush to slate him.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: February 2, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

Delimquent??

Where I live dlinquentes  are in jail and not in forums,  the Rawk is very liberal, obviously, and you are complaining??  Well, I have nothing more to say.  Are you en twitter?

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 2, 2011, 03:56:44 pm »
Lucas has showed class and a strength of character young lad new country getting stick yet as people said went in to training and trained hard all the time and got through it.
In our difficult times he is now proven to be one of our better players and is still young. Cantona called deschamps a water carrier well you need water carriers to do the tasks the flair palyers can't. The point proved to me against Fulham is that we missed Lucas.

I am made up to here he is negotiating a contract and hopefully going nowhere. Attitude in football is a major component of the palyers make up Lucas has the right attitude right drive and determination and also he is developing into an excellent player.

PS he twitter is boss as well.

Lucas Leiva Class

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #226 on: February 2, 2011, 04:10:35 pm »
Exactly. I think it was the third time of watching after the game, that I half-realised Lucas was heavily involved. So I watched it again, and counted the passes and noted how he was constantly - literally, I think, at every single stage of the move - within easy passing distance and (vitally) with a clear line of sight of the player on the ball. Six passes, out of 31. Watched it again and half noticed that he seemed to be playing the passes very quickly and neatly; watched again, to count the touches: his first touch was to control, second touch pass: on the next 5 passes, he didn't even take a touch to control the ball.

He was as pivotal to that move as he is to our play generally; yet like you say, almost unnoticed.

It was an awesome spot mate... and it does sum the guy up perfectly. I'm sure Kenny and the coaching staff noticed it though given the detail they go into after the game.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #227 on: February 2, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
Lucas was excellent today.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #228 on: February 2, 2011, 10:16:34 pm »
Loved it when he battled Carew (who's a monster) off the ball.

Played well :)

Offline BurstingTheNet

• Anny Roader
    • Every Kick of It
« Reply #229 on: February 2, 2011, 10:17:01 pm »
Lucas Leiva is SUCH a good footballer. Still need to buy the black 3rd kit this season, didn't know whether to get Agger, Meireles, Lucas or Kelly.

Certainly made my mind up now.
Quote from: Daniel Agger
It is a gesture for The Kop, The Club, and the city. The club and the people mean a lot to me, but what the words means in themselves is that you have stop to think once in a while that no matter how dark things look, we are never alone.

Offline Britican

• Anny Roader
  • 96 - Forever Red, Forever Remembered
    • www.wellnesslifeforyou.com
« Reply #230 on: February 2, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »
Have to say that when he first arrived at Liverpool I was wholly unimpressed with him.  But to his credit he's improved his game immensely and now deserves to be given a new and improved contract.
Quote from my wife: "I won't tell you what the final score was but you won't see any goals"

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: February 2, 2011, 10:32:15 pm »
Our f***ing cable did not transmit it and the link didn't  work, so I missed it, hilights anyone?  Or anybody can make some gifs of Lucas performance? If even he deliqunte thinks Lucas was excelent it must be true

As to the game against CHelsea, i have the gloomy sentiments that Torres will dive when somebody marks him and so will Drogba,  I hope we finish with 11. 

And what a heartache to see 'my' DaLu  wearing the Chelsea shirt.  Lucas will have to play against 2 team mates in Brazil NT, Ramires an David Luis, who received his number of the Brazil team , 4.  (In Benfica he was 23)

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #232 on: February 2, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »
Delimquent??

Where I live dlinquentes  are in jail and not in forums,  the Rawk is very liberal, obviously, and you are complaining??  Well, I have nothing more to say.  Are you en twitter?

Just as well really.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #233 on: February 3, 2011, 05:33:53 am »
This is the most important part of this article. I've been growing concerned about his contract running down, but it appears that he wants to stay and that we want him to stay. Fantastic!

A committed player. Well in Lucas lad.

Despite the abuse heaved at him, he has stood his ground and made every effort to improve. I have always thought he was one of the (few) players to have had pride in wearing the jersey during our last dark months. Will look forward to his staying and improving under the aegis of Dalglish.
YNWA

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #234 on: February 3, 2011, 05:46:38 am »
Dalglish is an old style footballer. He is cultured in the best footballing traditions. He respects those who work hard, keep their head down, speak respectfully of the club and other players. He is steeped in the Liverpool way as we have seen since his return. As such he surely rates Lucas greatly. I recall no examples of Lucas suffering from foot in mouth disease. He also tries to play a responsible and simple game, like it was in the old days. From Rafa's days it is clear that Lucas also follows directions from a manager to a great degree. He was transformed, with good success, from a box to box midfielder to one we needed a holding type, that breaks up opposition plays and keeps the ball moving and helps retain possession. Since Kenny, I think, knows you cannot build a great team with flash in every position I think Lucas' future is bright here. He is a workhorse who gets the job done and gets right in there with his grit. Whenever you get a goal or an assist from him that's a bonus. His main job is to keep the ball moving, get it back when we loose it and disrupt the flow of the opposition play. Nothing about his role excites the fans or hearts but it excites the manager who wants a job well done.
Top quality post. Thank you.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 3, 2011, 05:56:24 am »
My Lucas.  :wave
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 3, 2011, 06:03:02 am »
I think we need a DM specialist but that's taking nothing away from Lucas who IMO has been our best player this season perhaps behind Reina.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 3, 2011, 06:09:58 am »
Good analysis.

Watch Argentina and if you can from high up in the stands where you can see all of the players. They ping the ball around and always have a man free to receive. As soon as he gets it, he controls it and then the ball is moved on quickly to the next player. It's simple but the ball flies around. Players are always moving and rarely standing still. Messi is the best at pass, move, receive, pass, receive, dink, goal. He works the ball along the line and looks as if he's going nowhere. But look back and you see that he has made 5 passes in the space of about 20 seconds and once he sees the gap he's into it.

Lucas is not Messi but he is very good at passing quickly and being in the right place to receive the ball and keep possession. As a team-mate you always want somebody to pass to when you are under pressure. Lucas and Meireles both play that way.

Pass and move is what we talk about. Lucas is one of the best at this and that's why he IS a Liverpool player (obviously my opinion).

Quite often too when Lucas does take more than 1 or 2 touches, it's to move the opposition around, or wait for a team mate to make a move.  It can appear to be indecision or hesitation, but is just patience.  Rather than force a low percentage pass, a touch or two and it becomes a sure thing.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: February 3, 2011, 06:17:25 am »
OMG LoL some of U lot r mad worst brazilian eva not fit 2 wear da LpL shirt sell him NOW

wind up master

;D

"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #239 on: February 3, 2011, 06:33:33 am »
Can see he loves and enjoys playing for the club, don't get why he's still getting slated. He's improved immensely imo and he isn't giving away a lot of fouls now as his tackling and intercepting had really improved a notch from 2 seasons ago.

Think the midfield trio of lucas meireles and gerrard has a lot of balance to it. They seem to be able to accommodate for each other and provide cover whenever one (or 2) roams forward.