Author Topic: Champions League  (Read 115939 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Champions League
« Reply #2440 on: May 7, 2021, 08:34:36 pm »
Seriously hope it gets moved, might sound weird but I want us to be the only English club associated with winning a CL Final in Istanbul. Playing for a European Cup in miserable Birmingham is exactly what those bastards deserve.

If it's played in England it'll just have the feel of an FA Cup semi final or something, especially with crowd restrictions. The League Cup final was drab enough.

I'd rather they didn't play it in Istanbul either, but if no fans travel then the venue is pretty meaningless.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: May 7, 2021, 08:35:06 pm »
By an oil well, in the middle of the nowhere, with no fans, that seems fitting place to play this cashdriven megafinal. A sign of what football will become.

Is Qatar on the red list? I'm sure they'd love to open a WC stadium with the oil clubs CL Final. A few brown envelopes could convince UEFA to move it there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2442 on: May 7, 2021, 10:02:41 pm »
Is Qatar on the red list? I'm sure they'd love to open a WC stadium with the oil clubs CL Final. A few brown envelopes could convince UEFA to move it there.
How much further is Qatar from the UK (than Istanbul, I mean)? Club World Cup is all good but they might not want to move a European final to the Middle East.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2443 on: May 7, 2021, 10:31:13 pm »
How much further is Qatar from the UK (than Istanbul, I mean)? Club World Cup is all good but they might not want to move a European final to the Middle East.

It can't be further than some of the Kazakh cities that host UEFA games.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2444 on: May 7, 2021, 10:42:32 pm »
Can’t be moved to Wembley as it’s already in use that weekend.

Wonder if Villa Park will actually stage a CL final 😳
Just move it to Stoke.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2445 on: May 7, 2021, 10:49:30 pm »
A European final in Qatar outside of Europe 🤣🤣

I shouldnt laugh really as its probably the future and once they get it USA China Saudi will soon follow but as UEFA tell us its all about the fams

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: May 8, 2021, 12:30:27 am »
they need to put a big fat asterisk beside this years champions league. has to be the cheapest one that will ever be won. i mean the winner never had to play an away leg in front of a full stadium.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: May 8, 2021, 07:08:08 am »
^ What an image that was of Souness leading us out against Rome in 84.

Hope they can move this to the Uk. Crazy to play it in Turkey with Covid numbers so high there

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #2448 on: May 8, 2021, 08:46:42 am »
they need to put a big fat asterisk beside this years champions league. has to be the cheapest one that will ever be won. i mean the winner never had to play an away leg in front of a full stadium.

Said at the start of this season it was a huge mistake to have international and european football, all this travel in the middle of a pandemic is stupid and driven by greed. Domestic football was the only sensible option and even that should have been done with a shortened season to protect the players, but again FIFA/UEFA/PL all want their cash.

Ironic that this final will be contested by two money rich oil clubs and the venue is red listed for travel.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: May 8, 2021, 08:53:54 am »
Fucking hell are Uefa actually seeing sense in not making fans travel, something we discussed on here in 2007.

Why can't UEFA earmark 4 stadiums at the beginning of the tournament, strategically located depending on who is in the final. The stadiums have months to prepare and be on standby to stage the final. Then after the semi's the closest to both teams is selected. The stadium has 3 or 4 weeks to make final preparations.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2450 on: May 8, 2021, 09:13:19 am »
Fucking hell are Uefa actually seeing sense in not making fans travel, something we discussed on here in 2007.

Is that a Royal ‘we’ John?

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2451 on: May 8, 2021, 10:46:35 am »
You have to remember that football is above Nnormal life, billions of people can have their lives disrupted for good reason, yes. Change the venue of the CL final that no fans will be going to so that two clubs don't have to fly 4,000 mile round trips on specially chartered planes for no apparent reason (given no match revenue), no, rules is rules. Why someone in Istabul would want to host it I don't know, let the Turks have next.

Oh, wait Gazprom have it lined up for next year, with crowds, get it now.

Play it at Port Vale
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 10:48:18 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline GAZINK

• Main Stander
  • Hail Hail the Celts are Here
« Reply #2452 on: May 8, 2021, 12:19:12 pm »
Who gives a fuck anyway at this point.

The most underwhelming final since Liverpool vs Spurs  :P

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: May 9, 2021, 01:22:33 am »
It can't be further than some of the Kazakh cities that host UEFA games.

There is a MAJOR Difference though - Kazakhstan are members of UEFA, their clubs compete in UEFA competitions, and therefore could actually (in a miracle) qualify for the final.  Because of their membership, UEFA control the rules of how many the stadium can hold, what it can be, etc.  Qatar are members of the CAF - UEFA have less than zero control over anything to do with the final (which could include, for example, the ceremonial beheading of both keepers if the Qatari government want it, taking things to the silly extreme you have by suggesting Qatar could host a UEFA event) and could violate FIFA rules as well by not having the match in a UEFA country

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: May 9, 2021, 07:05:35 am »
There is a MAJOR Difference though - Kazakhstan are members of UEFA, their clubs compete in UEFA competitions, and therefore could actually (in a miracle) qualify for the final.  Because of their membership, UEFA control the rules of how many the stadium can hold, what it can be, etc.  Qatar are members of the CAF - UEFA have less than zero control over anything to do with the final (which could include, for example, the ceremonial beheading of both keepers if the Qatari government want it, taking things to the silly extreme you have by suggesting Qatar could host a UEFA event) and could violate FIFA rules as well by not having the match in a UEFA country

Some of you lot take things way too seriously. I was taking the piss ffs by suggesting Qatar.  :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2455 on: May 9, 2021, 07:03:49 pm »
Yes that was a bit of a whoosh.

it's alright, Scotty doesn't know.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: May 10, 2021, 12:26:59 pm »
Really hope they move this years CL final to wembley and we sneak into the CL last day ... another shot at wining the CL in Istanbul please ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2457 on: May 10, 2021, 01:21:24 pm »
Really hope they move this years CL final to wembley and we sneak into the CL last day ... another shot at wining the CL in Istanbul please ;D

Says here that Istanbul would be 2023 if cancelled this year.  Sound.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2458 on: May 10, 2021, 02:22:18 pm »
Istanbul is still red.  ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: May 10, 2021, 02:29:13 pm »

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #2460 on: May 10, 2021, 02:55:33 pm »

Don't think there should have been any international or European football for the last year - all in the name of money.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: May 10, 2021, 04:25:21 pm »
Reports emerging that it's likely to be played in Portgual, doesn't sound like talks between Uefa and the government were successful.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2462 on: May 10, 2021, 04:29:22 pm »
Reports emerging that it's likely to be played in Portgual, doesn't sound like talks between Uefa and the government were successful.

Could be that they couldn't agree for Wembley to be free

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2463 on: May 10, 2021, 05:08:19 pm »
That's understandable. They probably don't want to give the London team some kind of home field advantage. Chelsea have another advantage in playing a cup final there this weekend too.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2464 on: May 10, 2021, 05:29:57 pm »
Shame for the FA that Wembley is booked.  Are there any other stadiums in England, does anyone know?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: May 10, 2021, 05:41:14 pm »
Could be that they couldn't agree for Wembley to be free

Apparently its because some of the UEFA delegates wouldnt be able to travel to England due to government restrictions on travel from some countries. Fans first and all of that.....

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: May 10, 2021, 05:51:47 pm »
That's understandable. They probably don't want to give the London team some kind of home field advantage. Chelsea have another advantage in playing a cup final there this weekend too.

More likely they want the UEFA piss up in the sun.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: May 10, 2021, 06:02:03 pm »

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: May 10, 2021, 06:35:51 pm »
Anywhere but Istanbul. Couldn't bare the sight of any of them lifting it on our sacred turf.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline ceered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2469 on: May 10, 2021, 07:32:17 pm »
According to the BBC - European football's governing body feels in Portugal it is going to be easier to gain access for sponsors and broadcasters, who would need to be compensated if they were unable to attend the game.
Good to see the fans being considered...

Online jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #2470 on: May 10, 2021, 07:52:35 pm »
Istanbul will wait until we are ready to win it again there  ;)
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: May 10, 2021, 08:19:46 pm »
According to the BBC - European football's governing body feels in Portugal it is going to be easier to gain access for sponsors and broadcasters, who would need to be compensated if they were unable to attend the game.
Good to see the fans being considered...

The fact that UEFA want to hold it somewhere with easier access for all the sponsors etc coming from all over, should be raising alarm bells with the UK government over allowing thousands of fans to travel to the same event with no quarantining requirements on their return.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: May 10, 2021, 08:30:09 pm »
The fact that UEFA want to hold it somewhere with easier access for all the sponsors etc coming from all over, should be raising alarm bells with the UK government over allowing thousands of fans to travel to the same event with no quarantining requirements on their return.
Got to be worth a protest from the city and Chelsea fans?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2473 on: May 10, 2021, 09:03:04 pm »
Anywhere but Istanbul. Couldn't bare the sight of any of them lifting it on our sacred turf.

Wouldn't have been any fans there to see it though, which would have made the venue pretty meaningless.

The final will be back there next year or the year after and no doubt another all English final (or at least one English side) so we'll have to make sure it's us.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2474 on: May 10, 2021, 11:02:35 pm »
If ever you needed more evidence that UEFA give fuck all shits about fans and all the stuff they've gone out with recently was purely about securing their own greed.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: May 11, 2021, 12:15:12 am »
Yeah that whole shouty few days from UEFA spouting bullshit about ‘fans first’ didn’t last long did it  :lmao

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #2476 on: May 11, 2021, 12:19:28 pm »
Yeah that whole shouty few days from UEFA spouting bullshit about ‘fans first’ didn’t last long did it  :lmao

It is outrageous. And will anyone really say anything about it. Truth is if fans can attend then UEFA should be making it as safe as possible for them during a pandemic. Clearly sponsors first and the UEFA "family". The hypocrisy of these organisations. Wish the super league happened just to piss off UEFA.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: May 11, 2021, 12:22:29 pm »
If ever you needed more evidence that UEFA give fuck all shits about fans and all the stuff they've gone out with recently was purely about securing their own greed.
Like many people said, Uefa, FIFA, The PL, Sky , Gary Neville, etc were only ever concerned about their own interests.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:18 pm »

They are nothing but a corrupt organisation, with a load of greedy c*nts with their snouts firmly shoved in the trough. I hope the ESL happens just to fuck UEFA over, although fucking the PL over is a laugh too.

Offline Back of the Bus

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2479 on: May 12, 2021, 05:02:36 am »
6,000 each instead of 4,000 each will be allowed to Porto.

Sponsors (UEFA family) allowed too without visas getting waived.