Poll

Predict Match Results (only one vote per fixture) UEFA CUP FINALS (CL & EL)

Win - S Germany Consortium
Draw - S Germany- Dutch Consortium
Win - Dutch Consortium
Win - Feyenoord
Draw - Feyenoord-Deportivo
Win - Deportivo La Coruna

Author Topic: RAWK Anonymous UEFA ECL & Europa Draft (Managers Thread) KNOCKOUTS - FINALS  (Read 56832 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Runners on my side of the Irish Sea numbnuts

Say no more.

What’s this steals business all about?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Say no more.

Got your pm. Don't worry you dont have to about stealing. No ones gonna want to steal yours

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Say no more.

The lower level clubs can take players from the top 8, but you can't lose more than 3 players.

So if you're Madrid and I'm (fuck knows), I can take Ronaldo, and then someone else might take Raul and someone else might take Benzema. Leaving you with just the 40 world class strikers to choose from.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
The lower level clubs can take players from the top 8, but you can't lose more than 3 players.

So if you're Madrid and I'm (fuck knows), I can take Ronaldo, and then someone else might take Raul and someone else might take Benzema. Leaving you with just the 40 world class strikers to choose from.

But what if I’m a team where about 8 players could appear in other sides? Can you still only lose 3?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :lmao oh wait Nick, you were serious about the steals?? thought you were taking the piss!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
But what if I’m a team where about 8 players could appear in other sides? Can you still only lose 3?

Yep, three is the max you can lose. That means Madrid have a disadvantage vs say Liverpool, where Gerrard and Carragher can be protected as well as Keegan and Dalglish.

I can't really think of any one club Madrid players off the top of my head, so apologies if this example is shitty.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
:lmao oh wait Nick, you were serious about the steals?? thought you were taking the piss!

Hang on, are you laughing at me or with me?

Somewhere in his California beach house, the magnificent mind of Trend is despairing at us mere mortals who can’t grasp this.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yep, three is the max you can lose. That means Madrid have a disadvantage vs say Liverpool, where Gerrard and Carragher can be protected as well as Keegan and Dalglish.

I can't really think of any one club Madrid players off the top of my head, so apologies if this example is shitty.

No comprende.

Say I have five players who have played for other eligible clubs and all five have made more appearances for their other club, would t I lose them all? And if I didn’t, does that mean the other club would lose them?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
There are two issues here that I do not want to get cross wired

(Steals which we will be done with by tomorrow) and (Consortiums navigating the market for teams/players who have played for them but they do not own their rights -- based upon appearances)

Player                          Appearances                      1st Team                       Status

C Ronaldo                        292                            Real Madrid                     Protected             

**** Anyone of the teams from 16 to 9 could have taken him had the Real Manager not protected him (He could have been stolen)

However,  he could have been pipped if the manager did not start him in Real's starting XI ---- because there are decade requirements and positional needs
He is good enough to be picked but the teams looking to pick him up without stealing run the risk of not getting him.  These teams are  by rank

Ronaldo's Former Teams            Appearances                   Team

Manchester Consortium                   196                           Man U

Juventus Consortium                        80                            Juventus

Portuguese Consortium                    25                           Sporting Lisbon

Ronaldo is only a Real Madrid player until they decide not to take him ----- all these teams have to wait and see if he is available (hence, steals and re-shuffle Friday.

But odds are good players will go to their top appearance club.

But there will some players who are UNPROTECTED or FALL TO THEIR 2nd/3rd teams by appearance too.  This means there is a game within the game (or tactics here of who to steal/protect).
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 07:39:23 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hang on, are you laughing at me or with me?

Somewhere in his California beach house, the magnificent mind of Trend is despairing at us mere mortals who can’t grasp this.
;D at, always at

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think what would be good for the uefa cup thing is if players aren't picked from one of the teams of a consortium, than that teams becomes available to pick as a second team. Example being say whoever got the southern italy consortium and they pick no Fiorentina players, then fiorentina become a uefa cup option

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
No comprende.

Say I have five players who have played for other eligible clubs and all five have made more appearances for their other club, would t I lose them all? And if I didn’t, does that mean the other club would lose them?

Yeah that's separate to stealing. By picking those players you're sorta gambling that they'll fall to you. Like Portugal could get Ronaldo (via Sporting) but you'd expect one of the other three teams to take him first.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think what would be good for the uefa cup thing is if players aren't picked from one of the teams of a consortium, than that teams becomes available to pick as a second team. Example being say whoever got the southern italy consortium and they pick no Fiorentina players, then fiorentina become a uefa cup option

That's an idea that would have great if it were met with more acceptance when the person who suggested it did so.

Because then the person could have constructed the 2nd team selection process differently so as to account for managers that did not use all of their teams.  :)

But now that ship has sailed along with my front lobe!
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 07:48:29 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah that's separate to stealing. By picking those players you're sorta gambling that they'll fall to you. Like Portugal could get Ronaldo (via Sporting) but you'd expect one of the other three teams to take him first.

It is not even that.   Ronaldo is Real Madrid's period, until he isn't.   Waiting for a star to fall is not the same as having a player stolen.

Here this is for the love of Nicholas - I do love you!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RhxF9Qg5mOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RhxF9Qg5mOU</a>
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 07:47:55 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's an idea that would have great if it were met with more acceptance when the person who suggested it did so.

Because then the person could have constructed the 2nd team selection process differently so as to account for managers that did not use all of their teams.  :)

But now that ship has sailed along with my front lobe!
oh...okay ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
oh...okay ;D

On the lighter side we did sign 2 CBs today --- so we've got that going for us!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

Nick is deadly serious at the mo. For fucks sake don't mention 'Chappers'
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Nick is deadly serious at the mo. For fucks sake don't mention 'Chappers'

You ok Robert?

You’re the one being a bit weird about the nickname of a tv presenter neither of us have ever met. :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are almost there lads...

Just waiting on Liverpool to protect and exempt their players and then we can start the Steals.

I will post them like in a draft in this thread.

Start with Consortiums

1. Portugal
2. NW Germany
3. England
4. Spain
5. France
6. Argentine
7. Manchester
8. Dutch

and work our way back up again.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Do we see a list of who we can steal then?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do we see a list of who we can steal then?

Haha Nick... That's your work.  But I do have list you cannot steal from here it (its in the Rules thread, but I know you do not like it in there :)

My advice is to take a bite out of the big boys, before they take a bite out of you.   Target players they'll need.  They have to be players who had the most appearances of their careers at one of these clubs

List of Protected & Exempt Players

Manager                                             Players Protected                                       Players Exempt

Milan Consortium                                        Marco Van Basten                                        Paolo Maldini
                                                                     Ruud Gullit                                                 Franco Baresi
                                                                                                                                    Guiseppe Bergomi

Real Madrid                                                Cristiano Ronaldo
                                                                        Redondo

S German Consortium                                 Franz Beckenbauer                                      Phillip Lahm
                                                                    Lothar Matthaus                                         Gerd Muller

NW Italian Consortium                                   Michel Platini
                                                                    Gaetano Scirea

Liverpool

Barcelona                                                    Dani Alves                                                 Leo Messi
                                                            Johannes Neeskens                                     Sergio Busquets
                                                                                                                                  Carlos Puyol

Brazilian Consortium                                  Garrincha                                                      Pele
                                                                  Socrates                                                 Nilton Santos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_one-club_men_in_association_football
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 08:33:35 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sort your formatting FFS. :D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You ok Robert?

You’re the one being a bit weird about the nickname of a tv presenter neither of us have ever met. :D

I think he's a cock sucking, Tory, manc, twat who I've never met. What's weird about that, mate? 

I'm good, Nicky love. How are you?  :wave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sort your formatting FFS. :D

Its disgraceful isn't it!    :lmao :lmao :lmao

If only I had some time to get better.   Alas, most things can be fixed.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Barca take Neeskens??!! what kind of bastard is running that team. All the midfielders in all the years and they withold an ajax icon. Total bastard!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Barca take Neeskens??!! what kind of bastard is running that team. All the midfielders in all the years and they withold an ajax icon. Total bastard!

Someone did their homework!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

This is a bit like doing a project at school.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

How’s that doing homework. It’s just mean spirited.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not me Lman.

Can we wait until after rosters are done to expose ourselves or subterfuge please FFS? 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't even know what Subterfuge even means for fucks sakes.

We have an entire section on the subject in this draft.

Subterfuge:
noun
deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.
"he had to use subterfuge and bluff on many occasions"
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

He’s LB for the German squad.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
You guys can't complain about it being complicated and then start making it harder!

We're almost there, then we can all start shit talking our own teams like King Bobby did.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He’s LB for the German squad.

Okay Okay Okay Okay OKay Okay Okay Okay==================================================>

You all win!  I cannot control subterfuge, self-disclosures, public questionings (versus private PM questions).......  You win

I am stepping away from the computer... Talk amongst yourselves -- none of it counts for points, so waste your keystrokes away

I am going to a happy place.......
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's obvious from the last anonymous draft

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You guys can't complain about it being complicated and then start making it harder!

We're almost there, then we can all start shit talking our own teams like King Bobby did.

Claus, my friend, I have more than one strategy.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

A bit like clandestine, mate

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Is it safe to go to bed or is my team going to get fucked up in some wild way if I call it a night now?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Is it safe to go to bed or is my team going to get fucked up in some wild way if I call it a night now?

It's going to get fucked up while you sleep, good night! Haha

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
It's going to get fucked up while you sleep, good night! Haha
At least knowing this saves me from the restlessness  ;D

We go again tomorrow!
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Let's start fresh in the morning. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: