Author Topic: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Out Nov 10th  (Read 7239 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Re: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Out Nov 10th
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2021, 10:19:05 am »
Sorry you've had a bad time with it.

Its been the opposite for me. Luckily I haven't encountered any bugs and I'm on 85% completion. The world, characters and general gameplay have made this one of the best AC games for me.

Also I love the world events. So much better than long pointless side quests. This was such a good decision to change that from Odyssey.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2021, 10:30:09 am »
Yeah, pretty much no bugs for me either.  I've had a few crashes (I'd say 3 or 4 in 60 hours of gameplay, all shortly after launching the game) and twice had a situation where quests won't trigger, with the npc just standing there. In those instances a quick save and load fixed the issue. And that's about it.  That said, I don't touch Ubisoft games until months after release as the lazy bastards don't beta test their games properly (if at all) and more often than not they're a mess for some time after launch, at least on PC. 

I'm pretty sure that the Ostara Festival bugs have been patched out now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 10:35:09 am by Darren G »

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2021, 11:20:57 am »
Ostara Festival is done I think, so the bugs will probably reappear if they ever introduce that again  ;D

Only minor issues for me. Sometimes the battle music would continue after I was done with the battle and sometimes it would freeze and cash completely. I've found that if I close the game completely before starting up again, the issues are less likely to appear. Maybe due to some caching or something.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2021, 11:35:07 am »
Yep same for me, barely experienced any bugs with this one. And I agree, defo my favourite in the series I've really enjoyed it. Saying that not picked it up on a while, but I'm waiting for the first batch of DLC to arrive.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2021, 11:59:28 am »
Didn’t have any bugs. I think on the whole I preferred Odyssey but it’s very, very close.

And I did love Unity though I’m apparently in the minority there ;D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2021, 12:12:10 pm »
Actually yeah, I had the battle music too that continued afterwards. Though it only happened 3 times and a reload fixed it.

Its a beautiful looking game and though Oddysey had the variety between landscapes.. The snow in Jorvik and the surrounding areas is beautiful.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2021, 03:39:07 am »
Didn’t have any bugs. I think on the whole I preferred Odyssey but it’s very, very close.

And I did love Unity though I’m apparently in the minority there ;D

I also think that Unity was a good game. I think that it got a bad rap largely due to the mess it was in at launch (a lesson Ubisoft haven't learned from unfortunately). I didn't play it for some time after for the reasons I've mentioned above, so my view wasn't affected by that. What can't be argued is that Paris was absolutely stunning for the time and still holds up today. The fact that you could go into the vast majority of buildings in such an open world environment was also pretty groundbreaking for the time.

Odyssey I found disappointing on a number of levels and think Valhalla is far better, but that's just my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:41:32 am by Darren G »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2021, 10:47:51 am »
Completed it last night.

Does anyone else not enjoy the modern day aspects of these games?  I mean I know they need to be there but it's always such a chore. I think they should use cut scenes for that.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2021, 11:30:32 pm »
Completed it last night.

Does anyone else not enjoy the modern day aspects of these games?  I mean I know they need to be there but it's always such a chore. I think they should use cut scenes for that.

Yeah I can't stand them so slow paced and I personally don't care about the modern side of the story.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2021, 12:16:25 am »
They should have binned that part off a long long time ago. I have played a lot of the AC games and I still don't have a clue what's going on in the modern part of the game. I don't even have a clue who all those people are...

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2021, 05:15:39 am »
Yeah, I'm with you lads. Never liked the modern stuff and don't know of anyone who does amongst my mates either. I hated the (intentionally) glitchy bits of the landscape too in Valhalla where you had to do the puzzles to get rid of it. Totally ruins the immersion and isn't fun either. Just a chore to get done in order to get rid of it and have things looking normal. As much as I loved Black Flag, that was one of the worst AC titles for the modern day shite. Having to tool around the Abstergo offices when I just wanted to get back to Edward's story did my head in
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:19:50 am by Darren G »

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2021, 02:43:21 pm »
Absolutely understand why the modern day stuff is there, but as others have said it is defo a chore to play through those bits. They should absolutely be a cut scene imo.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2021, 09:50:42 am »
Imagine watching a film set in the middle ages and suddenly there's a scene where the knights dissolve into office workers talking about writing a script for a medieval film. And it continues on like this for five minutes, then flashes back to the middle ages, having it all been explained it's not quite "real"

That's Assassin's Creed's modern day sequences

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2021, 11:04:54 am »
This is the first AC game I’ve played and I totally agree on the modern day stuff, it’s fucking annoying.

It’s good to have it explained but a couple of cut scenes would have been sufficient as others have said.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2021, 07:27:44 pm »
I literally don't know one person that likes modern day stuff , gets In the way . Amazing they still persist with it
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2021, 08:15:51 pm »
Imagine watching a film set in the middle ages and suddenly there's a scene where the knights dissolve into office workers talking about writing a script for a medieval film. And it continues on like this for five minutes, then flashes back to the middle ages, having it all been explained it's not quite "real"

That's Assassin's Creed's modern day sequences

I've seen a medieval-themed film with fantasy elements where the heroes were chased by a monster with no escape, until the animator died of a sudden heart attack.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2021, 12:25:54 pm »
I literally don't know one person that likes modern day stuff , gets In the way . Amazing they still persist with it

Yep. Needs to be binned.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 1, 2021, 04:17:51 pm »
Anyone else found the Keith Flint mission yet?

Just came across this mission.  Smack my Bish-op.   :lmao Top.   Funny how things have turned out in that I was utterly hyped for Cyberpunk and was totally nonplussed about 'yet another Assassin's Creed game'.  Haven't touched Cyberpunk and am loving this to bits.  Opinions and all that, but for me this is the best game in the series by a mile.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2021, 04:22:56 pm by Darren G »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #98 on: May 1, 2021, 10:21:32 pm »
Just came across this mission.  Smack my Bish-op.   :lmao Top.   Funny how things have turned out in that I was utterly hyped for Cyberpunk and was totally nonplussed about 'yet another Assassin's Creed game'.  Haven't touched Cyberpunk and am loving this to bits.  Opinions and all that, but for me this is the best game in the series by a mile.
Had me in stitches. One of the best works events yet!
"Salahs in here......"