Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491726 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Re: Thiago Alacantra
« Reply #80 on: July 6, 2020, 01:33:00 pm »
Is this to fund Havertz at Bayern?

they have been very vocal is saying they aren’t him, and Bayern are more than happy to do all their business publicly, so if they where, they’d gladly tell the world, with little care for the players club. 

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 6, 2020, 01:50:07 pm »
Then maybe he is being considered just in case a new contract isn't sorted for Gini? Or as an incentive to get him to agree to one.

I think so.

If that is the case, it would be very good business by the club.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #82 on: July 6, 2020, 02:47:12 pm »
Ornstein also had this quote on The Athletic earlier: "The mutual admiration is clear but that doesn’t mean a deal will happen. My impression is it will come down to finances"
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 6, 2020, 02:48:34 pm »
I can confirm that he has two legs.
been injured a lot so don't be so sure.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 6, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »
Ornstein also had this quote on The Athletic earlier: "The mutual admiration is clear but that doesn’t mean a deal will happen. My impression is it will come down to finances"
Holy shit a transfer coming down to finances what is this madness.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 6, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »
While 29 isn't too old, there's few that have made the switch to the PL that late in their career and spending a significant amount on a transfer and wages for him seems like an unnecessary risk this summer when our spending is restricted due to covid fallout as it is.
Very true but then again you'd think that he's got enough in his locker to have the ability to adapt even at a later stage than normal. If gini doesn't sign, it would be an excellent piece of business especially with lallana leaving. They would both free up the wages rather than be frivolous in spending.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 6, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »
Can we at least spell his name correctly in the thread title? Imagine the deal 95% done, and the player says "Hmmm, let me look on LFC's #1 forum and see what they think of me...FFS THEY CAN'T EVEN SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!!! DEAL'S OFF!!" :D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #87 on: July 6, 2020, 04:21:14 pm »
While 29 isn't too old, there's few that have made the switch to the PL that late in their career and spending a significant amount on a transfer and wages for him seems like an unnecessary risk this summer when our spending is restricted due to covid fallout as it is.

The amount who have been successful making that transition at age 28+ with no prior PL experience is exceptionally low, especially in the last 25 years

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #88 on: July 6, 2020, 04:36:35 pm »
Can we at least spell his name correctly in the thread title? Imagine the deal 95% done, and the player says "Hmmm, let me look on LFC's #1 forum and see what they think of me...FFS THEY CAN'T EVEN SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!!! DEAL'S OFF!!" :D

Thankfully Sami Hyppia never took that approach.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 6, 2020, 04:50:15 pm »

I for one remember being strongly reprimanded over spelling his name wrong on here once.

So I just called him Sami from then on ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2020, 05:26:57 pm »

Wow, is RAWK really LFC's no 1 forum?

Low bar if so.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2020, 05:29:15 pm »
Well we've got apparently over 40k users registered so if that's accurate then I'm sure we are number 1.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #92 on: July 6, 2020, 05:29:46 pm »

I don't know if you've noticed but we have a long time, regular poster who can't spell the name of our Croatian centre back who's been with us for five years, correctly.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 6, 2020, 05:31:42 pm »
Well we've got apparently over 40k users registered so if that's accurate then I'm sure we are number 1.  ;D

I thought our club had more followers than the Catholic church, 40k doesn't sound a lot.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 6, 2020, 05:47:41 pm »
I thought our club had more followers than the Catholic church, 40k doesn't sound a lot.

The amount of any fanbase (be it sport, tv or whatever) that would take the that next step and actively engage on an internet forum tends to be far smaller than the overall size of that fanbase.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #95 on: July 6, 2020, 05:48:26 pm »
Half of that are Mac Red accounts tbf.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #96 on: July 6, 2020, 05:50:07 pm »

Yes, but our mod-field is too functional, no creativity...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #97 on: July 6, 2020, 06:02:41 pm »

Brendan Rodgers and Charlie Adams both like this.

*Just realised Rogers is autocorrected :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #98 on: July 6, 2020, 06:23:31 pm »
Brendan Rodgers and Charlie Adams both like this.

*Just realised Rogers is autocorrected :D

Haha, was just looking at that thinking, I’m sure there is a ‘d’ there.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 6, 2020, 06:57:27 pm »
The amount of any fanbase (be it sport, tv or whatever) that would take the that next step and actively engage on an internet forum tends to be far smaller than the overall size of that fanbase.

Lazy twats.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 6, 2020, 07:01:41 pm »
Half of that are Mac Red accounts tbf.
;D

Offline Bill Shepherd

• Main Stander
  • Works well under constant supervision.
« Reply #101 on: July 6, 2020, 07:24:31 pm »

Martin Skirtl Skrtil Skrtel Škrtel says hi!  :wave
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere. On the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #102 on: July 6, 2020, 07:25:54 pm »
I’ll just say I’m glad Gini has a nickname.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #103 on: July 6, 2020, 07:37:48 pm »

It’s Gino according to McManaman.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 6, 2020, 07:38:50 pm »

True. Oh for the days when names were simpler. Anyone up for resigning Phil Babb?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #105 on: July 6, 2020, 07:41:03 pm »
whose place in first choice midfield 3 does he take? Does he play with Wijnaldum as a CM with Fabinho/Henderson behind or take that quarterback position?
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #106 on: July 6, 2020, 07:52:36 pm »
Not the usual profile of player but as Al says just a few posts above, the man is world class. At 29 he not to old yet and if he wants to come then we surely have to take him.

I think 'behind closed doors' football is a factor here. The intensity we usually thrive on is muted without fans, so I wonder if Klopp thinks we might need a bit more control and creativity from midfield.

And he really likes the player, oft regarded as probably the best deep-lying playmaker in the business.
Could be all of this plus maybe Gini is off.

Could also be we move to the double pivot with Fabinho, Thiago controlling things in a 4-2-3-1. Pure speculation of course.

He's certainly a different option to the likes of Hendo, Milner, Gini.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 6, 2020, 08:04:57 pm »

I think redknapp called him gigi the other day  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #108 on: July 6, 2020, 08:11:57 pm »
There’s no doubt that he’s a quality player and one who could do very well in the PL. However, we’ve seen how players can take a season or so to settle into the PL when they come from abroad, so with his age and fee that Bayern will demand (30M?), is this too much of a risk, especially in the current financial situation?

I’m sure if we don’t go for him, Chelsea will be there waiting....

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #109 on: July 6, 2020, 08:13:11 pm »
I think redknapp called him gigi the other day  ;D

To be fair he’d just been onto Arry who’d given him a tip on the horses.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 6, 2020, 08:15:08 pm »

Great song, far better than Come On Elaine.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #111 on: July 6, 2020, 08:24:46 pm »
I think 'behind closed doors' football is a factor here. The intensity we usually thrive on is muted without fans, so I wonder if Klopp thinks we might need a bit more control and creativity from midfield.

I didn't think of that angle, but more along the lines of evolving the style of play/mixing things up a bit. We've often struggled to score and create in particularly the big away games and it's cost us in Europe this season (and would have last season bar a miracle at Anfield).

I just think if we were signing him, as you say as well it'd be more mixing the formation up away from 4-3-3 because Fabinho and Thiago are both number 6's really but different type of players, Fabinho is more Mascherano to Thiago's Alonso and then Henderson is more freed up then as Gerrard was with Thiago there more to link the play. At the moment Gini and Hendo are more variable and can be box to box.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 08:27:32 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #112 on: July 6, 2020, 08:58:38 pm »
Turned down Utd once so I'm in
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 6, 2020, 08:59:30 pm »
Would you want to play for Moysie?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 6, 2020, 09:23:59 pm »
Turned down Utd once so I'm in

I don't think he turned them down, more that Moyes decided that Fellaini would be a better signing for them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #115 on: July 6, 2020, 10:14:32 pm »
I don't think he turned them down, more that Moyes decided that Fellaini would be a better signing for them.

It’s a fair point. Could Thiago do this?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #116 on: July 6, 2020, 10:18:20 pm »
Or that Mastic Bostic fella convinced he didnt sign ciz the name misspelling was a sticking point for him
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #117 on: July 6, 2020, 11:19:46 pm »
I didn't think of that angle, but more along the lines of evolving the style of play/mixing things up a bit. We've often struggled to score and create in particularly the big away games and it's cost us in Europe this season (and would have last season bar a miracle at Anfield).

I just think if we were signing him, as you say as well it'd be more mixing the formation up away from 4-3-3 because Fabinho and Thiago are both number 6's really but different type of players, Fabinho is more Mascherano to Thiago's Alonso and then Henderson is more freed up then as Gerrard was with Thiago there more to link the play. At the moment Gini and Hendo are more variable and can be box to box.

Yeah yeah for sure. We have at times looked a bit sterile away from home - mostly rescued by our brilliant forwards obviously. It could be Naby Keita that was released by haveing a Fab/Thiago base as well. That could be pretty exciting.

Every is saying he is 29 and therefore it can't happen but his impact would be over the next 3-4 years, currently the time left on Klopp's contract. If he signs, it could be a small evolution of our game.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 6, 2020, 11:29:02 pm »
Just make this happen, please.
Believer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 7, 2020, 12:40:19 am »
whose place in first choice midfield 3 does he take? Does he play with Wijnaldum as a CM with Fabinho/Henderson behind or take that quarterback position?

tonysback!

(I don't think we're going to sign him for that reason)
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.