Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493048 times)

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Vlahovic scored 2 tonight. Now has 21 goals in Serie A.

He is going to cost quite  a lot. Probably be huge interest in him now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I wonder if we’ll spend some of our transfer budget on the root and branch investigation into our medical team
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1391152839397937154

@JamesPearceLFC
 on transfer plans this summer: "I was told it’s likely that only one CB will be signed permanently this summer." #awlfc [the athletic]

I would think this is right, So one of Kabak or Konate.
Wouldnt suprise if we pull out of this Konate deal & get the cheaper option. I do like Kabak though

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
He is 16 so not ahead of a player playing in the championship atm

I do think he will be better in the future. Has far more pace than Elliott & better at taking on players. Has similar footballing ability in terms of passing & finishing. He really is a superb talent. I watched Elliot a lot in Uefa Youth League last season & wasnt showing up like Gordon in his appearances in the 18's.

It's not just a player in the Championship though, Elliott only turned 18 last month so he's not that much older and was playing first-team football for us at 16.

I think Gordon looks an excellent prospect, but Elliott is pretty remarkable himself.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
I think Konate is a long term target we’ve been planning for years, fairly confident we’ll get him and he’s the priority. Think we get Kabak if we generate enough sales.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
If we're only signing one CB, it should be Konate.

I'd be happy keeping Phillips around as cover for next season if we decide not to sign Kabak.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Callum Wilson as a squad player is not a bad idea, just saying like.
Y.N.W.A.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
yeah probably is Konate.
Kabak being an option to buy probably shows he wasnt first choice. Do think he has done well.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Vlahovic scored 2 tonight. Now has 21 goals in Serie A.

He is going to cost quite  a lot. Probably be huge interest in him now.
24 G+A in 34 is awesome at his age in a struggling side. One goal was a poacher’s effort, the other a header from a corner where he managed to get to the ball despite being wrestled by his marker and arrow the header downwards too quickly for the keeper to react.

I think recent talk of Fiorentina wanting €40m is now more like €60m. Realistically as well, the fees gained for Vlahovic and Milenkovic need to reshape the entire squad because they will go down next season if they don’t reinvest wisely. Personally I still think there’s value there at the upper end of those prices.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

We would be crazy to not buy Konate, he is the best young centre back in the world

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
James Pearse knows nothing.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

We would be crazy to not buy Konate, he is the best young centre back in the world

Nah - that'd be Ruben Dias.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Probably reading too much into the word "permanently" but I wonder if we might try and get Kabak on loan again for next season as well as buying Konate?
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 11:40:35 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think Konate is a long term target we’ve been planning for years, fairly confident we’ll get him and he’s the priority. Think we get Kabak if we generate enough sales.

I'd quite like to see them both coming in, with Rhys Williams going out on loan.
I also suspect that one of Phillips and Ben Davies will be sold, probably Nat unfortunately.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
24 G+A in 34 is awesome at his age in a struggling side. One goal was a poacher’s effort, the other a header from a corner where he managed to get to the ball despite being wrestled by his marker and arrow the header downwards too quickly for the keeper to react.

I think recent talk of Fiorentina wanting €40m is now more like €60m. Realistically as well, the fees gained for Vlahovic and Milenkovic need to reshape the entire squad because they will go down next season if they don’t reinvest wisely. Personally I still think there’s value there at the upper end of those prices.

Something just gnaws at me about Vlahovic. His numbers are great and I’ve seen a few live games in which he’s scored this season. Stats wise he fits the bill, it’s more anecdotal which you’ll no doubt cast aside but he just seems a tad clumsy at times for me... more instinct over technique perhaps is a better way of putting it.

I guess I’m struggling to see how he fits our current system so it’s just not clicking in my head, but that said if we sign a player of his profile then we’d likely tweak the system so it’s not really a fair comparison.

I’ve no doubt he’ll go on to be a quality striker, but players like Malen or Raphinha or Daka seem a better fit to the system we’ve seen so far under Klopp. There’s definitely a player there, just struggling to see how we get best out of him without curtailing Mo or Jota etc.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 11:43:41 pm by Phineus »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
I'd quite like to see them both coming in, with Rhys Williams going out on loan.
I also suspect that one of Phillips and Ben Davies will be sold, probably Nat unfortunately.

Oh same and I think Davies (if he’s real) will definitely be sold and so to Nat if we get a decent offer ... just think Konate will happen regardless of players sales and Kabak will be seen as a bonus signing.

Also imagine we’ll try and negotiate the fee down for Kabak too.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think that Fiorentina will be able to get €60 million for Vlahovic. He has 2 years remaining on his contract, and they've already offered him a new improved one, with a €70 million release clause, but he refused to sign it. I expect that his price this summer will be in the €50 million range, including add-ons, and he is worth it ...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
what??

This is way way way too early …

If I'm wrong, Samie promises never to post in the transfer forum again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
I actually wouldn't mind Kabak on loan for another season, with a decent loan fee and an option to buy him in the summer of 2022, and with some of our young players going the other way on loan to Schalke, to gain some experience in the 2.Bundesliga ...

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
The squad needs a massive overhaul and a couple hundred million pumped into it to compete for the big titles next season. That is my cheery Saturday night take for you all.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The squad needs a massive overhaul and a couple hundred million pumped into it to compete for the big titles next season. That is my cheery Saturday night take for you all.

So two World Class players, not much of an overhaul is it?
Y.N.W.A.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan

Who would you bring in?

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who would you bring in?

Its tough becasue it really depends on a) which centre backs are at 100% mext season and b) how we want to play
I'd change how we play but given what we're running out (system wise) at the moment I suspect we're not going to so I'm not quite sure how we make it work to the level we'd need to next year to contend

Given the state of City and Chelsea and where some of our players level is at now I think I'd be "blowing things up" a lot more than we probably will and trying to build something over the next 3 or 4 windows to compete in 22/23 while we still have Klopp 

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
We need a central defender, a midfielder and a striker, on top of Van Dijk, Henderson, Gomez and Matip returning from injury. That is 7 new players, compared to what we have at the moment ...

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I've seen this said a fair bit recently, I just don't see how any kind of overhaul is needed.
We have an excellent squad that has suffered some freak injuries during a freak season, a few will leave and a few will come in but that's about it, no overhaul required.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Its tough becasue it really depends on a) which centre backs are at 100% mext season and b) how we want to play
I'd change how we play but given what we're running out (system wise) at the moment I suspect we're not going to so I'm not quite sure how we make it work to the level we'd need to next year to contend

Given the state of City and Chelsea and where some of our players level is at now I think I'd be "blowing things up" a lot more than we probably will and trying to build something over the next 3 or 4 windows to compete in 22/23 while we still have Klopp

I get that. I think we’ll make 3-4 signings in the 20-40m range ... Konate seems a cert, then players like Bissouma/Neuhaus/Aouar/Nkunku in CM and Raphinha/Malen/Buendia/Daka/Vlahovic in attack.

It’s a shame as I recall reading in Athletic this summer was planned by the club as a bit of a rebuild/large investment summer but covid will have put that to bed. So annoying as I genuinely think we’d have gotten Sancho this summer otherwise.

If we get 3-4 players of that profile and our CBs come back to their previous level and Thiago plays in a settled team then I think we can push City and Chelsea. If our CB’s don’t come back to the level they were at then I don’t see any signings we make this summer making up the overall difference... city and Chelsea’s squads are just too strong in depth for us not to be near enough perfect.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
I've seen this said a fair bit recently, I just don't see how any kind of overhaul is needed.
We have an excellent squad that has suffered some freak injuries during a freak season, a few will leave and a few will come in but that's about it, no overhaul required.

Yup but 3/4 in and a lot out i think, a lot.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yup but 3/4 in and a lot out i think, a lot.

Yes, there's definitely more that need moving on than need to come in once the injuries have subsidised.
If we qualify for the Europa league, which is still a big if at this point, we should be able to use some of the youngsters like Neco, Clarkson, Jones and Elliott and keep the first team fresh for the league games.
I don't think we'll get Champions league to be honest, but if we do we may see a few more coming in but given the rumours about who were targeting and who's days are supposedly numbered, there won't really be any kind of overhaul.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Yes, there's definitely more that need moving on than need to come in once the injuries have subsidised.
If we qualify for the Europa league, which is still a big if at this point, we should be able to use some of the youngsters like Neco, Clarkson, Jones and Elliott and keep the first team fresh for the league games.
I don't think we'll get Champions league to be honest, but if we do we may see a few more coming in but given the rumours about who were targeting and whos days are supposedly numbered, there won't really be any kind of overhaul.

And i agree, the overhaul will be many players who we do not use, Ojo, Woodburn, Karius, Grujic, Origi and so on will go. Posted here that in the region of 16 or so could go and of that list none would be a loss. Money could be made from those signings to make one top class player plus if and it is an if the likes of Shaqiri, Ox, Minamino and so go thats another.

3/4 in, 16 out is a real possibility.
Y.N.W.A.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Perception of what the squad needs depends on whether you think challenging for the league is realistic next season or not - I don't see how it is (too late to type out the myriad of reasons why not) - so I'd be building for 2 years from now and getting signifciantly younger in the process

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
Something just gnaws at me about Vlahovic. His numbers are great and I’ve seen a few live games in which he’s scored this season. Stats wise he fits the bill, it’s more anecdotal which you’ll no doubt cast aside but he just seems a tad clumsy at times for me... more instinct over technique perhaps is a better way of putting it.

I guess I’m struggling to see how he fits our current system so it’s just not clicking in my head, but that said if we sign a player of his profile then we’d likely tweak the system so it’s not really a fair comparison.

I’ve no doubt he’ll go on to be a quality striker, but players like Malen or Raphinha or Daka seem a better fit to the system we’ve seen so far under Klopp. There’s definitely a player there, just struggling to see how we get best out of him without curtailing Mo or Jota etc.

If like Jack hopes that we change the system, he'll be perfect for us. Thing with strikers is having 'instinct' is what separates the great from the good ones.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Perception of what the squad needs depends on whether you think challenging for the league is realistic next season or not - I don't see how it is (too late to type out the myriad of reasons why not) - so I'd be building for 2 years from now and getting signifciantly younger in the process

I keep flip flopping on this. We are getting to the point of where we need some significant changes but I'm not sure circumstances will be ideal to do that this summer?

My current thinking is with 3 good signings we *should* be able to get back to top 3 and, maybe with all the luck we have missed this season, challenge next year. Then maybe 2022 we will be in a far better position to replace another 3 players with top signings and definitely challenge the following year.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Even if we don't sign anyone in the summer, the return of Van Dijk, Henderson, Gomez and Matip will be enough to secure a 2nd place finish next season. If we also add another quality central defender, another quality midfielder and another quality striker, we will challenge for the title ...

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan

I would think this is right, So one of Kabak or Konate.
Wouldnt suprise if we pull out of this Konate deal & get the cheaper option. I do like Kabak though

Hes guessing as much as anyone else, but given Matips injury problems and Gomez and Van Dijk coming back from long term injuries, buying one one CB might not be wise. Especially when Konate himself as had injury issues

I do like Kabak though, think he could really flourish into a top CB

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Even if we don't sign anyone in the summer, the return of Van Dijk, Henderson, Gomez and Matip will be enough to secure a 2nd place finish next season. If we also add another quality central defender, another quality midfielder and another quality striker, we will challenge for the title ...

Im not confident of that at all. We dont know what level they will be when they return and quite frankly it will mean that pretty much bar 4 or 5 players, the vast majority of our top players will be between the ages of 29-31. There will be 7 or 8 of those who are all generally first teamers and thats just too old for the PL.

We need investment and a big one in younger players with energy. We know about the defence but the midfield needs both energy and the ability to support the front three whilst the front three also needs work.

I think 6-8 first team players over the next couple of transfer windows is an absolute must, which will for us be a lot considering we only signed 2 in the last 2 (excluding the winter window).
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 06:40:34 am by a treeless whopper »

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
Yves Bissouma requests Brighton & Hove Albion exit

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/1eb249da-b04a-11eb-b6c0-5386bb38660a?shareToken=06dd5d5df78b4522ae4514c928e47757

Yves Bissouma has asked to be allowed to leave Brighton and Hove Albion at the end of the season amid interest from a trio of the Premier League’s wealthiest clubs.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City have all inquired about the availability of the Mali international as they seek to strengthen in midfield. Olympique Marseille are also exploring bringing the 24-year-old back to French football.

Bissouma joined Brighton from Lille in the summer of 2018 for a transfer fee that could reach €18 million (currently £15.65 million), progressively establishing himself as one of the Premier League’s most dynamic box-to-box midfielders. With Bissouma’s contract due to expire in two seasons’ time, the south coast club are open to a summer sale should their valuation of around £30 million be met, and have already begun the process of identifying a suitable replacement for the position.

The Sunday Times understands that Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has spent time personally researching Bissouma’s character and off-field behaviour in order to assess whether the player would be a good fit for his Anfield squad. Klopp has been searching for a successor to Georginio Wijnaldum, who is a free agent this summer and has agreed pre-contract terms with Barcelona.

Arsenal’s interest in Bissouma is also a longstanding one, with pressure now intensifying on manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and the club’s American owners following a campaign in which the club failed to qualify for European football for the first time in a quarter century. The absence of a berth in even Uefa’s new European Conference League is expected to damage Arsenal’s chances of securing Bissouma, whose preference is to join a Champions League club.

Manchester City’s pursuit of the player is less advanced. While the Abu Dhabi-owned Champions League finalists are working on further strengthening the most expensively assembled squad in football history, central midfield in not a priority area. A move will depend on pricing of alternative options and the potential extension of Fernandinho’s hugely successful eight-year stay.

This is a player we need to get signed. Although if City advance their interest he will go to them.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
if we sign no one this summer, We may do ok next season.

But we would be in terrible shape going forward long term. We are already paying for no transfers business in 2019. Add another year to that & we could become Arsenal in a few years.
Similar happened Spurs in 2018. No signings & have flew down the table.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This is a player we need to get signed.

Explain why ?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Any one in mind for those three positions mac? I agree we could do with a player in each of those positions, my concerns of course are financing that quality needed. Perhaps we do it over this season and next?.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 10:34:08 am by red1977 »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Explain why ?

I think we need energy and another defensive minded midfielder. But we also need a more attacking midfielder. Depends on budget i guess.