Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493032 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We probably won’t be taking any sort of hit as the chances are he’s still going to be a Liverpool player next season. Like Firmino and Mane will be.

Both who will have two seasons left on their contract. So they either get a new contract or they most likely leave the following summer for a minor fee.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I think if someone offered 20m for Naby, we will probably take it. Can't see it happening though.
This is ridiculous, mate. Yeah, we may have been wrong with Keita's valuation, but the likes of Grujic go for 20m.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
This is ridiculous, mate. Yeah, we may have been wrong with Keita's valuation, but the likes of Grujic go for 20m.
I think the pandemic changed what a 20m signing means. Yes, teams can still afford 20m players, but not many can afford 20m fuck ups. Naby can be a great addition to any team, but he can also be someone who gives you less than 500 mins per season.

That's why I said before about him, a loan seems more possible.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We need to bring in someone who is prolific in front of goal, it’s killing us at the moment the amount of chances we create and lack of goals we’re scoring.

I’d like to have said that Ox will be able to work his way back into the side but alas it’s not happening, and it seems he’s going down the same route as Lallana... and can see him being moved on this summer. I also think Keita is likely to be moved on as well, the first leg against Real has basically influenced that and he’s not seemingly being given the opportunity to rectify that.
Shaq, Minamino & Origi, again can see them being moved on but it’s important we get people in to cover them, we can’t rely on our front 3 as has been demonstrated. Think finally we need an able deputy for Trent & Robbo.. Tskimas Kostas is clearly not the lad for that job if he’s not getting a look in...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Nobody is buying Grujic for £20m

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nobody is buying Grujic for £20m
Watch this space.

Michael?... :D

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think the pandemic changed what a 20m signing means. Yes, teams can still afford 20m players, but not many can afford 20m fuck ups. Naby can be a great addition to any team, but he can also be someone who gives you less than 500 mins per season.

That's why I said before about him, a loan seems more possible.
True. But in many other teams Keita would play regularly, which he apparently needs in order to get going. We have too much at stake and we want him ready when needed, but he may not be suited for that.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
Watch this space.

Michael?... :D
We'll be lucky to get more than £6/7m for Grujic. This season (like Harry Wilson) has seen his form fall off a cliff, we royally fucked up by not selling both last summer when it was clear they had no future at the club.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Arsenal have not made a shit load from sales. Also we have much higher revenue than them

Last 5 years spending Arsenal
16/17 9m In  101.74m out  92m net spend

17/18  142m In 137m  out +4m net spend

18/19 7m In 72m out  65m net spend

19/20 48m in 144m out 96m net spend

20/21 16m in 76m out   59m net spend

Liverpool last 5 years

16/17 76m in 71.9m out +4.93m net spend

17/18 166m in 156m out +9.56m net spend

18/19 37m in 163m out  123m net spend

19/20 37m in 9.3m out +28.08 net spend

20/21 38m in 76m out  35m net spend

As you can see Arsenal have not sold as well as us. They have a higher net spend.
Despite no CL football in 3 years.

No more excuses for FSG this summer

The accounts suggest different.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If an offer came in over £50m for either I'd consider selling Mane or Firmino.

I don't think we'd get that for the pair of them at the moment
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Arsenal have spent about £200m net in the last three season without Champions League football. i'm assuming we could do the same, or better over the next three.
How many were for first choice targets, besides Pepe and Partey they were for other average players after they got rejected by the players they were courting.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
How many were for first choice targets, besides Pepe and Partey they were for other average players after they got rejected by the players they were courting.
About 5-6 at a quick look, but I'd like to think given our recent history we wouldn't waste nearly all of whatever money we spend. I was just pointing out the spending capability of a team who've been out the champions league for a while.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
About 5-6 at a quick look, but I'd like to think given our recent history we wouldn't waste nearly all of whatever money we spend. I was just pointing out the spending capability of a team who've been out the champions league for a while.

We havent seen the accounts but no doubt we will be having huge losses. I dont see how its prudent for us to spend a fair chunk of money when we have reduced income but also no player sales.

I know people dont want to sell the likes of Firmino and Mane but one of the reasons we had healthy financial numbers is that we sold very well. We need to be doing the same if we want to sign otherwise we risk really getting into financial trouble.

Lets also not forget that we also have key players like Salah, Fabinho and Van Dijk with only 2 years left as well.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
We havent seen the accounts but no doubt we will be having huge losses. I dont see how its prudent for us to spend a fair chunk of money when we have reduced income but also no player sales.

I know people dont want to sell the likes of Firmino and Mane but one of the reasons we had healthy financial numbers is that we sold very well. We need to be doing the same if we want to sign otherwise we risk really getting into financial trouble.

Lets also not forget that we also have key players like Salah, Fabinho and Van Dijk with only 2 years left as well.
I don't think selling two first team players for basically whatever we can get would fit in to selling well/what we've done recently. We made a decision to keep the core of this team together instead of cashing in when we'd have got huge fees for some of them. I think selling now is the worst time to do it when they can still contribute on the pitch but their value is going to be at its near lowest (pandemic effect and both having terrible scoring seasons) If we get 50-70m.then yeah that's a different talking point, but that's a bit like talking about 30m for Minamino or Grujic. Feels a bit of a fantasy at the moment.

I know you asked how we could afford to let so much talent to go for free, but we've let about £100m worth of talent, in terms of fees, go in the last three years, will be more with Wijnaldum. It's part of the risk of transfers/keeping players

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
I don't think selling two first team players for basically whatever we can get would fit in to selling well/what we've done recently. We made a decision to keep the core of this team together instead of cashing in when we'd have got huge fees for some of them. I think selling now is the worst time to do it when they can still contribute on the pitch but their value is going to be at its near lowest (pandemic effect and both having terrible scoring seasons) If we get 50-70m.then yeah that's a different talking point, but that's a bit like talking about 30m for Minamino or Grujic. Feels a bit of a fantasy at the moment.

I know you asked how we could afford to let so much talent to go for free, but we've let about £100m worth of talent, in terms of fees, go in the last three years, will be more with Wijnaldum. It's part of the risk of transfers/keeping players

Their values are going to be going only in one direction now which is down. Not only have their form fallen off a cliff (or in Firmino’s case been declining for ages) but they are going to be 30 and over but also only have two years left.

We need to get what we can and invest that money on a smaller squad that all contribute. Mane and Firmino are not contributing as much as they earn.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Their values are going to be going only in one direction now which is down. Not only have their form fallen off a cliff (or in Firmino’s case been declining for ages) but they are going to be 30 and over but also only have two years left.

We need to get what we can and invest that money on a smaller squad that all contribute. Mane and Firmino are not contributing as much as they earn.

I think we should certainly look to move one of them on.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Honestly think Konate + Bissouma + a Jota equivalent in attack and we are ready for a title bid next season with Van Dijk back. ‘

Don’t need much and we can let go of a lot of players who simply do not contribute.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly think Konate + Bissouma + a Jota equivalent in attack and we are ready for a title bid next season with Van Dijk back. ‘

Don’t need much and we can let go of a lot of players who simply do not contribute.
I agree with this. We need 3 quality signings
The problem is Bissouma is going to cost at least 40m & an attacker probably over 40m as well.

If we spent over 100m this summer. I think that we would be fair to say FSG are backing Klopp.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reading this morning that we will be signing Konate and Kabak, which is good news in my opinion. I hope Rhys gets a loan and then we don't need to rush back any of the injured centre backs, who will all inevitably have more injuries next season and then I imagine we'll have Phillips or Davies as a back up/home grown option

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Reading this morning that we will be signing Konate and Kabak, which is good news in my opinion. I hope Rhys gets a loan and then we don't need to rush back any of the injured centre backs, who will all inevitably have more injuries next season and then I imagine we'll have Phillips or Davies as a back up/home grown option

Link to that report?

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
I agree with this. We need 3 quality signings
The problem is Bissouma is going to cost at least 40m & an attacker probably over 40m as well.

If we spent over 100m this summer. I think that we would be fair to say FSG are backing Klopp.

Bissouma is much sought after, and can choose a club with C.L football. That’s very unlikely to be us.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Bissouma is much sought after, and can choose a club with C.L football. That’s very unlikely to be us.
He's never played CL football before, and i think the lure of LFC, Anfield and Klopp V2 team trumps any team in the CL.

Not like Madrid, Barca are going to sign him.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan

That would be good for us IMO.

He’s a good player, but I’m not sure he’s worth spending £40m on.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We likely won’t be in the CL next season, but any smart player knows we’re a safer bet than any club other than City to be in the CL in the following season, and the one after that. We’ve had a freak season, but even if we finish sixth we’ll start next season as the second best team in the league.

We get Bissouma if we want him, but IMO he won’t be a target.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We likely won’t be in the CL next season, but any smart player knows we’re a safer bet than any club other than City to be in the CL in the following season, and the one after that. We’ve had a freak season, but even if we finish sixth we’ll start next season as the second best team in the league.

We get Bissouma if we want him, but IMO he won’t be a target.

I think this is correct. We are all pissed off at the moment but we are still a really good team and its an easy sell for signings to buy into.

We've got a great track record of improving signings, if I was a up and coming player I'd look at it as an opportunity to be a key part of our next great team. Seems Konate has already bought into this vision, hoping for an athletic midfielder and a hungry forward who will back themselves to become mainstays in the team

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan

But for covid, I'd have been looking to sell Mane and Firmino even last summer, even without having seen what happened this season. Unless we have players who are good both in space and without space like Salah, we need to capitalise on our "star players" at the peak of their reputation. Given the way we play, players who've succeeded in our system are likely overvalued by the market, a la Coutinho, and since our owners won't be freeing up too many funds otherwise, this is the most effective way of getting transfer funds.

One of the worse aspects of the pandemic from our perspective is how clubs like Madrid and Barcelona can no longer afford to "lure away" our stars.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think this is correct. We are all pissed off at the moment but we are still a really good team and its an easy sell for signings to buy into.

We've got a great track record of improving signings, if I was a up and coming player I'd look at it as an opportunity to be a key part of our next great team. Seems Konate has already bought into this vision, hoping for an athletic midfielder and a hungry forward who will back themselves to become mainstays in the team

Exactly. It’s one thing for someone like Mbappe to say he can’t join a non-CL team, but if Brighton’s Yves Bissouma said it Klopp would put a stop to their Blackpool meeting instantly. 

At the start of his tenure, Jurgen was the selling point. He got Virgil to turn down safer bets in City and Chelsea at a time when we’d only just scraped top four and weren’t even officially in the group stages with a playoff to come. We’re a much, much stronger proposition today even though we’re facing a year out of the CL. We have a manager who everyone wants to play for, and can convincingly say we’ll be in title races and, in 12 months, competing for CL titles again.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
https://m.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-set-to-be-handed-a-double-transfer-boost-40351438.html

He was one of the earlier ones on the VVD deal going through around that Christmas so could be talking sense. Although  I’m pretty sure we have to tell Schalke soon whether will exercise our option so think he’s trying to get in first with an ‘exclusive’ before the usual reporters comment. I always thought we’d keep him unless he was horrendous during the loan period.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He was one of the earlier ones on the VVD deal going through around that Christmas so could be talking sense. Although  I’m pretty sure we have to tell Schalke soon whether will exercise our option so think he’s trying to get in first with an ‘exclusive’ before the usual reporters comment. I always thought we’d keep him unless he was horrendous during the loan period.

Think it was Ornstein who suggested we may let Kabak’s option expire and then try and get him for an even lower price. Perhaps we think Schalke’s now confirmed relegation has weakened them even further financially, and if we get Kabak to refuse to go anywhere else then we may be able to get him for closer to £10m.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Think it was Ornstein who suggested we may let Kabak’s option expire and then try and get him for an even lower price. Perhaps we think Schalke’s now confirmed relegation has weakened them even further financially, and if we get Kabak to refuse to go anywhere else then we may be able to get him for closer to £10m.

Or get them to forget the add-ons and call it even. Either way, I’d very surprised if he’s not in our squad next season.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
He's never played CL football before, and i think the lure of LFC, Anfield and Klopp V2 team trumps any team in the CL.

Not like Madrid, Barca are going to sign him.

Madrid have been linked actually.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan

Can’t see them getting him AND Camavinga.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan

They can have Bissouma, we’ll take Camavinga.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan

That's cause we're buying Camavinga

Bisouma would be too expensive for what he offers

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Madrid are also wanting Mbappe and pleading poverty.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Dusan Vlahovic on show against Juve roght now. Just sayin....

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Dusan Vlahovic on show against Juve roght now. Just sayin....

And he has scored from a penalty ...