Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491466 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who was that teenage talent who was given a tour of Anfield but decided to go elsewhere (Ajax?) for development time?
Sonny Pike?

Shark Man?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Vlahovic. Get them both though, then you've unrivalled cover across the front line. Unrealistic.

Daka is interesting - sensational numbers, seriously quick, excellent conversions and starting to develop his link up play. He's young, won't be at the next Afcon and is schooled in the RB pressing system, which suits us. However, it's still very difficult to scale performance in the Austrian Bundesliga to the Premier League or other top European league. Anecdotally it seems to have a similar hit rate to The Netherlands, somewhere around 40% - 45% become a tangible success at a better level. Daka looks to me like a player who is absolutely worth the asking price and if he goes to a stepping stone club, is sold for more than double not long after. Funnily enough he'd be a fantastic Vardy replacement at Leicester, he has the pace and finishing with more strings to his bow.

Vlahovic is understated Haaland. Does a lot of what the big Norwegian can do, is quicker than his frame suggests, is strong and a good finisher. He has excellent movement in the box and allows you to use him as a staging post to hit long or stretch the play sitting on the last man. He gives you more options as a mobile and physical number 9 than we have at present. He's also only 21 and putting up fantastic numbers in a strong league, for a truly dreadful team. If Vlahovic was at even a Roma or an Atalanta, stick 10 more goals on his numbers. For me, he's the one we should be going for.

I'm not even going to pretend I've seen Vlahovic play, but do you have any worries about signing a striker off the back of their first good goalscoring season? Now, he's only 21 so that's absolutely not a mark against him, but our transfer strategy is usually centred on minimising risk. And signing a striker who has only had one season where he scored more than 10 league goals feels risky to me. Especially when you consider he's never played in the Champions League/Europa League.

On the contrary, it could be that he's just starting to explode and his trajectory will continue upwards - in which case it's the perfect time to get him in. But for me, it feels inherently risky and the type of transfer Edwards wouldn't usually do (assuming he's going to cost a decent wedge).

Who was that teenage talent who was given a tour of Anfield but decided to go elsewhere (Ajax?) for development time?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Sonny Pike?

Current players, still a teenager IIRC. We keep being linked with him, but I can't remember his name.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did anyone else listen to Julien Laurens podcast with Gab Marcotti?

They were discussing Camavingas future and apparently Edward's has been speaking to his representatives for the last 18 months. They said initially it looked set that he'd join Real Madrid but that deal is now dead and we're favourites to get him this Summer.

Unfortunately caught a Rennes Europa League game or two over the last year, he seems a talent. Mad to think he has over 60 senior appearances and just 18. Oozes technical skill and confidence.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Vlahovic is understated Haaland. Does a lot of what the big Norwegian can do, is quicker than his frame suggests, is strong and a good finisher. He has excellent movement in the box and allows you to use him as a staging post to hit long or stretch the play sitting on the last man. He gives you more options as a mobile and physical number 9 than we have at present. He's also only 21 and putting up fantastic numbers in a strong league, for a truly dreadful team. If Vlahovic was at even a Roma or an Atalanta, stick 10 more goals on his numbers. For me, he's the one we should be going for.

He looks really interesting getting 3+ shots off in a bad team at 19/20 in one of the big leagues is a great easy filter for top level potential ... haven't watched him but if his movement is good as you say he could make sense 

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
I'm not even going to pretend I've seen Vlahovic play, but do you have any worries about signing a striker off the back of their first good goalscoring season? Now, he's only 21 so that's absolutely not a mark against him, but our transfer strategy is usually centred on minimising risk. And signing a striker who has only had one season where he scored more than 10 league goals feels risky to me. Especially when you consider he's never played in the Champions League/Europa League.

On the contrary, it could be that he's just starting to explode and his trajectory will continue upwards - in which case it's the perfect time to get him in. But for me, it feels inherently risky and the type of transfer Edwards wouldn't usually do (assuming he's going to cost a decent wedge).
I'd normally say the same, that maybe there's not enough data to go at. However, being a follower of Fiorentina and watching most of their matches I would say that buying him now for £30m - £40m is going to get you a quality player two years ahead of maybe battling with Juve or Milan or whoever to buy him for £80m. Indeed, Milan are heavily linked. He just has a lot of quality and physical capabilities and I'm going to say something I normally wouldn't, as I'm pretty stats driven generally, but you can just tell he's going to be a top quality player.

He's dragged a dreadful Fiorentina team through this season and if they stay up, which is by no means certain, it will largely be down to him. Chiesa has more assists for the team than anyone except Vlahovic and Ribery and he played two games before moving to Juve at the start of the season.

Vlahovic for me is one who if I was going off the data youtube, or a handful of live performances (which can be the case with players I bring up in here), I'd say let him move elsewhere or monitor another season at Fiorentina. As it is, I think this guy would hit the ground running and produce pretty much straight away. It's good that Fiorentina signed him when they did and managed his minutes when he was still a teenager, otherwise he could have had well over senior 150 appearances before he was even 19 - he's been playing senior football since 15. Don't think Zigic or Mitrovic though, think Haaland or even Van Nistelrooy.

He looks really interesting getting 3+ shots off in a bad team at 19/20 in one of the big leagues is a great easy filter for top level potential ... haven't watched him but if his movement is good as you say he could make sense 
He has that knack of great strikers to always seem to have easy tap ins - his movement is excellent and he actually attacks the box. I think due to all of the noise around Haaland he's slipped under the radar somewhat. When bearing down on goal, he has a knack of making it look like he's taken an overly heavy touch, which commits the goalkeeper, then he finds an extra yard and stretches a long leg out to dink it over the onrushing keeper. It's a canny little trick he pulls off with enough regularity to say it's purposeful.

If you personally said to me: 'here's £50m to sign one attacker,' - I'd be on a flight to Florence. Fiorentina, bless them, are dreadful - they're currently just about sitting above relegation based on scraped wins against the weakest teams in the league. They've only won twice in the last ten and that was against teams below them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:17:59 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Current players, still a teenager IIRC. We keep being linked with him, but I can't remember his name.

Oh right :P No idea then.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

odegaard?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
odegaard?

Opposite of Odegaard. Jeremy Doku. Was convinced after a talk with Mane to look at his overall career and not rush into a big name move. Decided to sign for Anderlecht, and currently with Rennes.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k

Schuurs?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
If it comes down to it: Daka vs Vlahovic, who do you think is the better fit for Liverpool at the moment?
Watkins is the one.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up

It's getting serious now. I suspect he will ask about Almiron, too.

John should do it.  Would be fucking hilarious.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fabrizio Romano is giving it the “here we go” with Konate.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Is right!!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Lovely stuff. Just Kabak, Bissouma, Neuhaus, Aouar, Nkunku, Sancho, Malen, Daka and Vlahovic to go.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So the ESL was all just a smoke screen so we could push the Konate deal through with no one looking. Brilliant idea
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Here we go "soon" is a new one!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The fuckin' tap-in merchant. After I did a Luis Suarez.

Ibrahima Konaté to Liverpool, here we go soon! The deal is set to be completed, personal terms agreed on a five-years contract.

Liverpool will pay the release clause to RB Leipzig in the next days [around €35m] in order to finalize the signing of Konaté

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
super signing.
Get Kabak signed too & we are very strong at the back.

I wonder are we considering 3 at the back next season?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
super signing.

We don’t need two cbs, and I very much doubt we will spend 18 m on Kabak and not use that money to help with the purchasing of an attacker.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
super signing.

I do like Kabak and hope we go for him too. Can turn into a beast of a player with the right coaching and guidance.

I do worry for Matip and Gomez in the long term re injury and would like to bed in Van Dijk slowly, giving him ample of break in between matches

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
We don’t need two cbs, and I very much doubt we will spend 18 m on Kabak and not use that money to help with the purchasing of an attacker.
Oh I think we do. We can't go in to next season with any level of trust in the injured 3, so we need good quality options.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
So the ESL was all just a smoke screen so we could push the Konate deal through with no one looking. Brilliant idea

Or pushing it early before we get a transfer ban!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pacy, aerially dominant CBs >

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Oh I think we do. We can't go in to next season with any level of trust in the injured 3, so we need good quality options.

Philips Konate and Davies are three, apart from those three.

• Kopite

If Phillips stays.

We might use this as an opportunity to sell with his stock high.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
By the way lads don't let DN back on the Konate train,he jumped off the classless fucker.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan

Surely Davies will be off and then it's a choice of Phillips or Kabak.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

• Kopite
Surely Davies will be off

Why?

He's home grown for starters, probably on low(ish) wages.  Klopp said he's adapting.  Given Fabinho & Robertson took months to adapt, I don't see why we'd assume he's going.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why?

He's home grown for starters, probably on low(ish) wages.  Klopp said he's adapting. 

Same could probably be said about Van Der Berg and Hoever. Didn't lead to them being squad players though

• Kopite
Same could probably be said about Van Der Berg and Hoever. Didn't lead to them being squad players though

Both were given chances.

We've not even seen Davies yet.  Klopp is very patient.  I don't think we should assume he's off.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
29 million quid is a fantastic price for a player with his potential

Doubt we’ll sign kabak as well

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Welcome, Ibrahima!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both were given chances.

We've not even seen Davies yet.  Klopp is very patient.  I don't think we should assume he's off.

Over the course of two seasons for both of them, they both played one FA cup game and three league cup game. Wouldn't be shocked if Davies leaves with fewer.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here we go soon.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Here we go soon.

I wonder if we're actually singing a player called Soon

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
29 million quid is a fantastic price for a player with his potential

Doubt we’ll sign kabak as well
depends on Matip I reckon.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Konate and Phillips partnership could be the best in the league.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
You Konaté envision a better signing for us at this moment in time.