Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24852 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »
Some silly stuff in this beta.

What's the point in the Scavenger perk with munition boxes now.

Why are Stim Shots in,they don't need them with regeneration, seems such a waste of a tactical grenade slot.

Why did they not unlock the counter UAV.

Claymores are like mini nukes, they need nerfing.

M4 gun needs nerfing, it's ridiculous that gun,I haven't used it but that's the gun I get killed by 90% of the time it seems.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:24:46 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2019, 09:24:21 pm »
Claymores are like mini nukes, they need nerfing.

Invisible mini nukes.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2019, 09:36:39 pm »
MP5 seems to be a the UMP45 from MW2, same iron sights and no loss of range or damage even with the suppressor, just like the UMP45 was.

Vtol killstreak is brilliant,  I had it a few times and it's perfect for putting right above B flag on Grazna Rain map,
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2019, 07:36:41 am »
Footsteps are fucked. People sprinting around the maps without making a sound is infuriating. Don't know why games can't get this right as it's been the biggest issue with Apex since that game launched.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 10:58:52 am »
Footsteps are fucked. People sprinting around the maps without making a sound is infuriating. Don't know why games can't get this right as it's been the biggest issue with Apex since that game launched.

Apex has got it pretty spot on I think, especially while wearing headphones.

Can’t hear a thing on COD though.

Speaking if sound, has anyone had a problem with the audio suddenly going incredibly loud at random points? Happened a good 3-4 times now.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2019, 11:11:20 am »

Yeah said the same, I keep seeing killcams of a player sprinting up until they're a foot behind me and shooting me in the back when I didn't hear a single sound.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2019, 11:13:00 am »
When does the Ground War mode go live?
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 12:10:34 pm »
When does the Ground War mode go live?
Saturday that starts, they always added new maps and modes on this beta last week at 8am Pacific Time/ 6pm UK time, so I guess it will be the same this beta.

They will be a new map and ranks to 21-30 as well from what I read on some posts on Reddit.

Modern Warfare Reddit has Dev notes by Infinity Ward updated daily.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2019, 07:54:13 pm »
Apex has got it pretty spot on I think, especially while wearing headphones.

Can’t hear a thing on COD though.

Speaking if sound, has anyone had a problem with the audio suddenly going incredibly loud at random points? Happened a good 3-4 times now.
Make sure your audio is on headphones 1

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:17 pm »
The footsteps are a joke this 2nd beta.

I have Astro A40  headsets and I still cannot make out where footsteps are coming from, sounds like the left side but the enemy will be infront or on the right.

I'm fed up of the beta, it's full of window campers and 90% of people use the overpowered M4 which no other gun beats long or close up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:50:13 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 10:07:40 am »
One thing that’s pissing me off is people bombing it round a corner, instantly knowing i’m there even though i’ve not shot, sprinted or done anything to make me show on the minimap (running ghost,) and popping me withint 2-3 shots whereas i’ve got atleast 5 on them and they’re still fucking standing.

Been a problem in a few CoD games over the years.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 10:13:36 am »
Just had 3-4 games of groundwar.

It's barmy AF lol.

It's so hectic , so much going on,loads of killstreaks and uav's, I don't think anyone cares about the capping flags, everyone is just roaming the map stacking up kills and using tanks and heliopters.

I maxed out the ak47 in 3 games of groundwar, the gun is amazing once you get grip and stock, before you get those attachments the gun kicks like a mule with crazy recoil.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:15:52 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 12:37:00 pm »
Decided to try out the LMG's as I haven't seen anyone using them and they work great, way better than expected. I tend to get caught reloading a lot so having 120 round extended mags helps a lot, and those big mags can really help with holding an angle the whole enemy team is pushing from. They work especially well in Ground War, as you can get up high and rain down on anyone from any range, you can drop a VTOL/radar pretty easily and they seem to do a decent chunk of damage against tanks too, though rocket launchers are still better.

One thing that’s pissing me off is people bombing it round a corner, instantly knowing i’m there even though i’ve not shot, sprinted or done anything to make me show on the minimap (running ghost,) and popping me withint 2-3 shots whereas i’ve got atleast 5 on them and they’re still fucking standing.

Been a problem in a few CoD games over the years.

It's an issue in a lot of games, with ping times the advantage is usually with the more aggressive player, as when they move that information needs to be sent to the server and then to you, meaning there's a slight delay. If you're sat in one spot they see you as soon as they round the corner. For the same reason it can feel like you die to every bullet you take.

Just had 3-4 games of groundwar.

It's barmy AF lol.

It's so hectic , so much going on,loads of killstreaks and uav's, I don't think anyone cares about the capping flags, everyone is just roaming the map stacking up kills and using tanks and heliopters.

I maxed out the ak47 in 3 games of groundwar, the gun is amazing once you get grip and stock, before you get those attachments the gun kicks like a mule with crazy recoil.

I gave up on the AK as I kept getting dropped quickly by everyone running M4's, it just didn't seem to have the firepower to balance the recoil, but I'll give it another go. Groundwar is pretty nuts, lots of cool positions to take up and areas to hold, though every round I've played has been pretty unbalanced so far with one team capping everything and the other just camping. It has some of the problems BF has, though the lack of jets and huge open spaces makes it still nicely infantry focused.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:39:48 pm by Schmidt »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 03:39:25 pm »
Ground war is awful, I've just come to that conclusion.

It's a clusterfuck of a game mode, to much stuff going on, I don't get any enjoyment playing it.

I haven't played with any Xbox players yet, the lobbies are mainly PS4 with a  couple of PC players or just entirely PS4 lobbies.

I hope we get some MW2 maps like Favela, Highrise, Terminal and Skidrow  on the full game release those maps were perfection.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2019, 06:06:52 am »
Groundwar will be better with bigger maps.  But if bigger maps don't come......oy vey.

You need a lot more customisation and class abilities to be anything approaching Battlefield.  I like what they've tried to do, but they have a ton to do to get it to even a quarter of what Battlefield is.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 09:59:56 am »
The Famas is amazing with the attachments, still not as good as the M4 though, If I miss a burst the M4 wins everytime, the M4 needs more recoil and less range if they are going to nerf it.

Stopping power bullets with tune up perk is a bit silly.

I think they should put those bullets as an actual perk, as you just get those bullets continuously with the the tune up perk, I've been using that combo and I'm halfway through the magazine and it's recharged to give give me another magazine.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2019, 04:08:46 pm »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2019, 11:47:37 pm »
The Spec Ops Survival Mode will be a PS4 exclusive for a whole  year. That is mad as a new COD will be out by then.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 12:46:22 pm »
Good to see Price back.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zu3wZ-_IKrM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zu3wZ-_IKrM</a>

The XRK gun advertised at the end of the video is apparently the M4.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:53:23 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2019, 04:15:15 pm »
I vowed after again being seduced by Black Ops 4 that I would swerve Call of Duty from now on... but... I found the beta pretty refreshing.  My biggest issue with BO4 - aside from all the stupid comic book crap that Treyarch have decided we all wanted - was the time to kill.  I'm very much a casual player and found it completely impossible to go on streaks - there would be someone else on you as your 6th bullet finally put someone down.

I haven't played a lot but the time to kill is back where it should be, the movement is so smooth, it generally looks great and the sound is good apart from footsteps (pretty important I know).  If they improve the spawns, some lighting issues and balance some of the weapons this will be very good.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »
I vowed after again being seduced by Black Ops 4 that I would swerve Call of Duty from now on... but... I found the beta pretty refreshing.  My biggest issue with BO4 - aside from all the stupid comic book crap that Treyarch have decided we all wanted - was the time to kill.  I'm very much a casual player and found it completely impossible to go on streaks - there would be someone else on you as your 6th bullet finally put someone down.

I haven't played a lot but the time to kill is back where it should be, the movement is so smooth, it generally looks great and the sound is good apart from footsteps (pretty important I know).  If they improve the spawns, some lighting issues and balance some of the weapons this will be very good.
I prefer the 150 TTK on Bops 4 than the MW beta, it's refrEshing for a CoD where you have to work to get a kill, Bops4 reminds me of the Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 games with the strafing gun battles.

To easy to die in the MW beta, i'll admit i raged a few times. :D

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 04:14:50 pm »
I prefer the 150 TTK on Bops 4 than the MW beta, it's refrEshing for a CoD where you have to work to get a kill, Bops4 reminds me of the Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 games with the strafing gun battles.

To easy to die in the MW beta, i'll admit i raged a few times. :D

Well what is Call of Duty without the rage it induces?  I wouldn't have minded the longer TTK but the action was really condensed on some of the maps and chaining kills together was tough.  I enjoy trying to earn streaks but as a mediocre player I found that really tough on Black Ops 4 - maybe that's a good thing for the game as a whole, but from my perspective made the game less enjoyable.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 4, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »
If anyone wants a code to get captain price on Black Ops 4 then let me know, got a spare.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2019, 01:57:33 pm »
I've never owned COD. In fact I've never even really played one before.

However, I'm looking to play some online with a friend of mine and we're struggling for a good game. We have limited time each week so we want something that lets you just jump straight in and have matches. For example we tried GTA and RDR2 online but doing anything in either of those games takes an agonising amount of time.

COD gets a lot of hate, but it seems like it may suit our needs. We just wanna log in and play some games as quickly and easily as possible.

My only concern is - what's the learning curve like? I don't really play much FPS so sort of worried I might get destroyed every game. However, COD is so popular that surely there will be enough fellow players who are just as hopeless?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2019, 02:23:33 pm »
If it’s the same as most (all?) other COD’s there’s a seperate playlist for players under a set rank to play in (Around 5-10). That will be the best bet, for a newcomer, I’d think.
AHA!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »
If it’s the same as most (all?) other COD’s there’s a seperate playlist for players under a set rank to play in (Around 5-10). That will be the best bet, for a newcomer, I’d think.
That sounds ideal, thanks.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2019, 05:33:04 pm »
Bare in mind though, it might not take long to rank up and out of the playlist.

I’d always recommend playing objective based modes first (Domination especially), as even if you’re not contributing with kills, you can always help by capturing/defending points.
AHA!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30:33 pm »
My first COD in a while. Tried out WW2 but couldn’t get the hang of it. Looking forward to playing some good old hardcore TDM.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2019, 11:38:46 am »
Tried the beta for this and didn't like it at all.  I've enjoyed most CODs in the past, but there was just something off about this one - it didn't really have that COD feel.  So I'll be giving it a miss, maybe picking it up when cheap to play the campaign.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2019, 08:20:13 am »
I've never owned COD. In fact I've never even really played one before.

However, I'm looking to play some online with a friend of mine and we're struggling for a good game. We have limited time each week so we want something that lets you just jump straight in and have matches. For example we tried GTA and RDR2 online but doing anything in either of those games takes an agonising amount of time.

COD gets a lot of hate, but it seems like it may suit our needs. We just wanna log in and play some games as quickly and easily as possible.

My only concern is - what's the learning curve like? I don't really play much FPS so sort of worried I might get destroyed every game. However, COD is so popular that surely there will be enough fellow players who are just as hopeless?
This CoD will have a SBMM system "Skill Based Match Making", so if you jump in a lobby you'll be put into games with players at the same level based on your Stats. This move has angered a lot of the CoD community as it will stop better players just stomping in matches against the low level skill players and getting crazy kill counts.

In the recent beta, SBMM was definitely there, I would have some really good matches like a 35- 5 game then the next game would be totally different and get a  game with more deaths then kills, it was frustrating, but I guess it will improve players put in lobbies against same or better level players.

I boycotted CoD for 5 years as I hated the jet pack era left after Cod Ghost with a KD over 3 and then came back for Black Ops 4, the first few weeks I was hopeless and thought it was a mistake coming back, the mechanics had changed, everyone was jump shotting and the game was super quick, I stuck with it and adapted and got better and hold my own  in matches and my KD is in the high 1.90s.

The more you play the better you get I would say, your aim will get better, reflexes, muscle memory etc, then you'll do things naturally like strafing and jump shots drop shots and you'll find your best spots on maps learning routes and choke points.

The game mode you should start with is FFA, it's a individual player mode and first to 30 kills, that way you learn maps and you will get lots of 1v1 gun battles that will improve your gunskill, then when you're confident enough knowing maps, and gunskill has improved then go to team based modes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:41:50 am by RedSince86 »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2019, 07:30:22 pm »
I pre ordered the game digitally before the beta and my PS4 is already downloading the game, it just started downloading the game at 56 gb, a campaign pack 1&2  also needs to be downloaded  at 11 and 16 gb and a dynamic theme.

Is it possible that everyone gets to play campaign mode first who pre ordered digitally before the official date???

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2019, 11:57:09 pm »
Almost 24 hours!!!

One of my last games on Black Ops 4 and i got a 30-0 on Free For All on Arsenal, Snipers Nest-Mantis- Chopper Gunner and Dog  KIllstreaks FTW. :D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2019, 12:22:27 pm »
Thinking of getting this. Haven't played a COD in years as usually play Battlefield only but that has gone down the pan.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2019, 01:28:14 pm »
Thinking of getting this. Haven't played a COD in years as usually play Battlefield only but that has gone down the pan.

Same, I enjoyed the beta for this and quite liked Ground War as it's similar to Battlefield but with more focus on infantry, which is how I like to play.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 01:38:54 pm »
Got it pre-ordered when it was £43, just checked and the price has shot to £48 on thegamecollection.

Thank fuck for pre-order price promises! 😁

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2019, 06:57:19 pm »
From Modern Warfare Reddit.

One of the devs posted this on the recent update 1.03.

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dmjs6b/day_one_patch_notes_updates_and_intel/

GENERAL FIXES

Spawning in Core Multiplayer:

Fixed edge case scenarios with spawning on enemies

Adjusted spawn logic to improve spawn quality. We’ve also added more spawns to increase your options. We will continue to improve this map by map post-launch

Ground War:

Added more fallback spawns to FOBs if the flag has too many enemies

Improved safety checking for spawning on Squadmates (is still dangerous, but the UI will notify you of this!)

Added spawning on Squadmates while in vehicles

Neutral tanks and helicopters now show up in the Spawn Selection screen

Helicopters now have flares to help manage incoming missiles

If all flags are captured by one team, you’ll go into Defcon to win so protect those flags!

Fix for an exploit that was allowing players (and therefore teammates) to spawn under the map

Lighting:

Brightened characters in dark areas across many maps

Low Health Visuals:

Now brightens up in the middle of the screen instead of darkening

Weapon Balance:

In general, weapons received a lot of love since the Beta. Most notably shotguns and pistols.

Equipment:

Enemy claymores now have larger, visible lasers

Reviving a teammate near a friendly claymore could cause the claymore to explode, resulting in a suicide

Mini-Map:

Now on by default across core multiplayer and Ground War. Enemy firing does not show up on the mini-map unless a team UAV is active

Map zoom is pulled out a bit to help with player awareness

Killstreaks:

VTOL Jet adjusted to not target players though rooftops

Fix for the Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of a crate. Another fix was deployed to prevent the mask from staying on the player after you have died as the Juggernaut and respawned

After using the Cruise Missile, player character models were sometimes stuck in a lean after using the streak

Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox

Impact damage of lethals/tacticals and the ammo box were causing instant kills

Adjustments to the descriptions in Gunsmith

Fix for a bug where the wrong input would be shown for players in a party

Fix for a bug where a door could open in the opposite direction of the player’s movement

Footsteps – Footstep tuning of volume fall off distance, mixing volume and occlusion settings

Placing Deployable Cover on stairs could prevent teammates from being able to mantle or crouch under, blocking paths**.**

Various audio tuning and fixes for executions and weapons

Players were able to spam the crouch button while moving creating a ‘snaking’ effect.

PC SPECIFIC

Crouch and prone transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS

ADS Sensitivity options can now be saved when using KBM

Double-tapping the sticks now always triggers the Tactical Sprint when using a gamepad on PC

Fixed blurriness in various situations

Ping widget is now showing the correct latency value

Added depth of field option in the Graphics options

Added HDR support

Added NVIDIA Highlight support in MP

Global performance improvements and stability fixes

ADS transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS

Adjusted stand-to-prone timing for KBM versus gamepads

Player no longer loses sprint functionality by holding down sprint keybind and the move keybind while respawning

FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2019, 07:07:52 pm »
Reading some comments on Reddit the gun customisation is ridiculous, that wasn't even shown in the beta.

Apparently the M4 can be turned into a M16 style burst gun (probably why the m16 isn't in the game) and the ak47 can be customised into a AK-74 (BO2) sub machine gun.

And the LMG L86 can be turned into a SA80 assault weapon.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2019, 11:39:21 pm »
Reading some comments on Reddit the gun customisation is ridiculous, that wasn't even shown in the beta.

Apparently the M4 can be turned into a M16 style burst gun (probably why the m16 isn't in the game) and the ak47 can be customised into a AK-74 (BO2) sub machine gun.

And the LMG L86 can be turned into a SA80 assault weapon.

That sounds pretty stupid honestly, magically turning one gun into another gun via modding. Why not just have two guns?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2019, 01:13:03 am »
Just played a few games.

First thing I couldn't use my game tag, originally started with my Activision gametag,you can change it ,tried to change to my pan name and it refused so used my original gamertag from early PS3 days.

Some guns from beta are unlocked later, I'm level 4"and the p90 and kilo141 is available as your first unlocks.

Claymores are still powerful, I'm getting kills with them Everytime i place one.

Some maps are to big for TDM.

Edit- P90 is way better than the MP7 and MP5.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:37:12 am by RedSince86 »