Author Topic: Euro 2020 (2021) discussion thread  (Read 142127 times)

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Re: Euro 2020 (2021) discussion thread
« Reply #2040 on: May 8, 2021, 07:07:24 pm »
Anyone had tickets cancelled ? Some people on twitter are saying their accounts on the uefa website show they've had tickets cancelled

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2041 on: May 15, 2021, 09:46:04 am »
Just thinking about what a crazy team is shaping up for England in ‘24. Foden, Elliot, Gomez, Trent, Sancho are on a pretty parabolic trajectory.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: May 15, 2021, 10:13:25 am »
There's gonna be entertaining matches here and there but totally expecting this to be a garbage tournament without fans.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: May 15, 2021, 10:32:04 am »
Just thinking about what a crazy team is shaping up for England in ‘24. Foden, Elliot, Gomez, Trent, Sancho are on a pretty parabolic trajectory.
Some decent defenders and attackers, but without a decent goalkeeper and CM, it will still be hard for England to win anything. Once Henderson’s being phased out they’re struggling for midfield spots (not that he’s fully appreciated by England anyway). Don’t rate Rice, Phillips isn’t all that either. Jones could be a handy box-to-box midfielder but we shall see how he develops.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2044 on: May 15, 2021, 10:51:20 am »
Why is this shite even going ahead?

Does anyone want this crap?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2045 on: May 15, 2021, 11:03:59 am »

Promising for England, but we heard this in the 2000's with the Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Scholes, Rooney, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard generation who couldn't even make a semi final.

But the standard of international football is pretty lousy now. The bar is low competition wise.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: May 15, 2021, 02:31:29 pm »
There's gonna be entertaining matches here and there but totally expecting this to be a garbage tournament without fans.
Yes. I will give it a go but my disillusionment with football keeps getting bigger by the week. Hope that we are proven wrong. The EUROs used to be my favorite tournament before they expanded the number of teams.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2047 on: May 15, 2021, 02:51:13 pm »

Peak Pickford, too. :-X

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #2048 on: May 15, 2021, 03:28:05 pm »

Budapest will have 100% capacity...

St. Pete (I'm going to Russia-Belgium and Poland-Slovakia) will have 50% capacity, and Wembley most likely is at least half full for the final stages.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2049 on: May 15, 2021, 03:58:21 pm »
Got tickets for the semi final at Wembley and was hoping for full capacity, think that may be wishfull thinking now to be honest

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: May 15, 2021, 04:00:44 pm »
Yes. I will give it a go but my disillusionment with football keeps getting bigger by the week. Hope that we are proven wrong. The EUROs used to be my favorite tournament before they expanded the number of teams.
Same here, i used to enjoy it much more than the world cups.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2051 on: May 15, 2021, 05:13:20 pm »
So like every other England manager before him since at least 1982, which injured player is Southgate going to take despite having limited to no match fitness?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2052 on: May 15, 2021, 05:16:20 pm »

The Austria-Switzerland tournament was the perfect size.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2053 on: May 15, 2021, 05:28:49 pm »

Some 'useful info' for watching the Euro 2020 matches live on TV, streams, & highlights.

Thanks as always for your efforts Jason :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: May 15, 2021, 06:17:59 pm »
FFS Shearer's just given his starting 11 for England's first game and has Hendo in it saying he's still got a couple of weeks to get ready.

He's still doing rehab, not even outside running never mind actual training.

What a fucking dickhead!!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2055 on: May 17, 2021, 11:48:46 am »
Belgium names their squad

Courtois, Mignolet, Selz

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Boyata, Denayer

Chadli, Carrasco, Castagne, T Hazard,  Praet, Dendoncker, Meunier, Tielemans, De Bruyne, Vanaken, Witsel

E Hazard, Doku, Mertens, Lukaku, Batshuayi, Benteke, Trossard

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: May 17, 2021, 11:50:49 am »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2057 on: May 17, 2021, 11:53:27 am »
Didn’t know some of those names were still around. Vermaelen, Witsel, Chadli and co must be getting on a bit.

Any surprising omissions there? They have so many decent players it’s hard to keep up.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:07 am »
Ageing defence will let them down. They blew their chance at the World Cup.

Can't see beyond France or Portugal, with Italy as an outside bet.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2059 on: May 17, 2021, 12:44:44 pm »
Poland provisional squad

Fabianski, Majecki, Skorupski, Szczesny; Bednarek, Bereszynski, Dawidowicz, Glik, Helik, Kedziora, Piatowski, Puchacz, Rybus; Frankowski, Jozwiak, Klick, Kozlowski, Krychowiak, Linetty, Moder, Placheta, Zielinski; Kownacki, Lewandowski, Milik, Swiderski, Swierczok

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #2060 on: May 17, 2021, 12:54:39 pm »
Some decent defenders and attackers, but without a decent goalkeeper and CM, it will still be hard for England to win anything. Once Henderson’s being phased out they’re struggling for midfield spots (not that he’s fully appreciated by England anyway). Don’t rate Rice, Phillips isn’t all that either. Jones could be a handy box-to-box midfielder but we shall see how he develops.

CM - Bellingham

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2061 on: May 17, 2021, 01:06:52 pm »
Croatia

Goalkeepers: Dominik Livaković (Dinamo Zagreb), Lovre Kalinić (Hajduk Split), Simon Sluga (Luton)

Defenders: Šime Vrsaljko (Atlético Madrid), Borna Barišić (Rangers), Duje Ćaleta-Car (Marseille), Dejan Lovren (Zenit), Josip Juranović (Legia Warszawa), Domagoj Vida (Beşiktaş), Joško Gvardiol (Leipzig), Domagoj Bradarić (LOSC Lille), Mile Škorić (Osijek)

Midfielders: Mateo Kovačić (Chelsea), Luka Modrić (Real Madrid), Marcelo Brozović (Inter Milan), Milan Badelj (Genoa), Nikola Vlašić (CSKA Moskva), Mario Pašalić (Atalanta), Ivan Perišić (Inter Milan), Josip Brekalo (Wolfsburg), Mislav Oršić (Dinamo Zagreb), Luka Ivanušec (Dinamo Zagreb)

Forwards: Ante Rebić (AC Milan), Bruno Petković (Dinamo Zagreb), Ante Budimir (Osasuna), Andrej Kramarić (Hoffenheim)

Hungary provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Ádám Bogdán (Ferencváros), Dénes Dibusz (Ferencváros), Péter Gulácsi (Leipzig), Balázs Tóth (Puskás Akademia)

Defenders: Bendegúz Bolla (Fehérvár), Endre Botka (Ferencváros), Attila Fiola (Fehérvár), Szilveszter Hangya (Fehérvár), Ákos Kecskés (Lugano), Ádám Lang (Omonoia), Gergő Lovrencsics (Ferencváros), Willi Orbán (Leipzig), Csaba Spandler (Puskás Akademia), Attila Szalai (Fenerbahçe)

Midfielders: Tamás Cseri (Mezőkövesd), Dániel Gazdag (Budapest Honvéd), Filip Holender (Partizan), László Kleinheisler (Osijek), Ádám Nagy (Bristol City), Loďc Négo (Fehérvár), Ándras Schäfer (Dunajská Streda), Dávid Sigér (Ferencváros), Dominik Szoboszlai (Leipzig)

Forwards: János Hahn (Paks), Nemanja Nikolić (Fehérvár), Roland Sallai (Freiburg), Szabolcs Schön (Dallas), Ádám Szalai (Mainz), Kevin Varga (Kasımpaşa), Roland Varga (MTK Budapest)

Netherlands provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Marco Bizot (AZ), Jasper Cillessen (Valencia), Tim Krul (Norwich), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax)

Defenders: Patrick van Aanholt (Crystal Palace), Nathan Aké (Manchester City), Daley Blind (Ajax), Denzel Dumfries (PSV), Hans Hateboer (Atalanta), Rick Karsdorp (Roma), Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus), Jeremiah St. Juste (Mainz), Kenny Tete (Fulham), Jurriën Timber (Ajax), Joël Veltman (Brighton), Stefan de Vrij (Inter Milan), Owen Wijndal (AZ)

Midfielders: Donny van de Beek (Manchester United), Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax), Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona), Davy Klaassen (Ajax), Teun Koopmeiners (AZ), Marten de Roon (Atalanta), Tonny Vilhena (Krasnodar), Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)

Forwards: Steven Berghuis (Feyenoord), Steven Bergwijn (Tottenham), Anwar El Ghazi (Aston Villa), Cody Gakpo (PSV), Luuk de Jong (Sevilla), Donyell Malen (PSV), Memphis Depay (Lyon), Quincy Promes (Spartak Moskva), Wout Weghorst (Wolfsburg)

Russia provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Yuri Dyupin (Rubin), Andrei Lunev (Zenit), Matvei Safonov (Krasnodar), Anton Shunin (Dinamo Moskva)

Defenders: Georgi Dzhikiya (Spartak Moskva), Igor Diveev (CSKA Moskva), Roman Yevgenyev (Dinamo Moskva), Yuri Zhirkov (Zenit), Vyacheslav Karavaev (Zenit), Fedor Kudryashov (Antalyaspor), Ilya Samoshnikov (Rubin), Andrei Semenov (Akhmat)

Midfielders: Dmitri Barinov (Lokomotiv Moskva), Rifat Zhemaletdinov (Lokomotiv Moskva), Maksim Mukhin (Lokomotiv Moskva), Aleksandr Golovin (Monaco), Arsen Zakharyan (Dinamo Moskva), Daniil Fomin (Dinamo Moskva), Roman Zobnin (Spartak Moskva), Alexei Ionov (Krasnodar), Daler Kuzyayev (Zenit), Andrei Mostovoy (Zenit), Magomed Ozdoev (Zenit), Denis Makarov (Rubin), Aleksei Miranchuk (Atalanta), Denis Cheryshev (Valencia)

Forwards: Artem Dzyuba (Zenit), Anton Zabolotny (Sochi), Aleksandr Sobolev (Spartak Moskva)

Turkey provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Mert Günok (İstanbul Başakşehir), Uğurcan Çakır (Trabzonspor), Altay Bayındır (Fenerbahçe), Gökhan Akkan (Rizespor)

Defenders: Zeki Çelik (LOSC Lille), Mert Müldür (Sassuolo), Merih Demiral (Juventus), Ozan Kabak (Liverpool), Çağlar Söyüncü (Leicester), Kaan Ayhan (Sassuolo), Umut Meraş (Le Havre), Rıdvan Yılmaz (Beşiktaş)

Midfielders: Abdülkadir Ömür (Trabzonspor), Cengiz Ünder (Leicester), Efecan Karaca (Alanyaspor), Halil Akbunar (Göztepe), Dorukhan Toköz (Beşiktaş), İrfan Can Kahveci (Fenerbahçe), Mahmut Tekdemir (İstanbul Başakşehir), Okay Yokuşlu (West Brom), Orkun Kökçü (Feyenoord), Ozan Tufan (Fenerbahçe), Taylan Antalyalı (Galatasaray), Hakan Çalhanoğlu (AC Milan), Yusuf Yazıcı (LOSC Lille)

Forwards: Burak Yılmaz (LOSC Lille), Enes Ünal (Getafe), Halil İbrahim Dervişoğlu (Galatasaray), Kenan Karaman (Fortuna Düsseldorf), Kerem Aktürkoğlu (Galatasaray

Ukraine provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Georgiy Bushchan (Dynamo Kyiv), Andriy Lunin (Real Madrid), Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Anatolii Trubin (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Defenders: Eduard Sobol (Club Brugge), Illia Zabarnyi (Dynamo Kyiv), Viktor Korniienko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Serhiy Kryvtsov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Denys Popov (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Syrota (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Tymchyk (Dynamo Kyiv), Bogdan Mykhaylichenko (Anderlecht), Vitaliy Mykolenko (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksandr Karavaev (Dynamo Kyiv), Mykola Matviyenko (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Midfielders: Serhiy Sydorchuk (Dynamo Kyiv), Volodymyr Shepeliev (Dynamo Kyiv), Ruslan Malinovskyi (Atalanta), Mykola Shaparenko (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Konoplyanka (Shakhtar Donetsk), Marlos (Shakhtar Donetsk), Yevhen Makarenko (Kortrijk), Viktor Kovalenko (Atalanta), Oleksandr Zinchenko (Manchester City), Viktor Tsygankov (Dynamo Kyiv), Vitaliy Buyalskiy (Dynamo Kyiv), Taras Stepanenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Andriy Yarmolenko (West Ham), Oleksandr Zubkov (Ferencváros), Heorhii Sudakov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Oleksandr Andriyevskiy (Dynamo Kyiv), Bogdan Lednev (Dynamo Kyiv), Artem Bondarenko (Mariupol)

Forwards: Roman Yaremchuk (Gent), Artem Besedin (Dynamo Kyiv), Artem Dovbyk (Dnipro-1)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: May 17, 2021, 01:34:00 pm »
No Musialowski, No Party Poland.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2063 on: May 17, 2021, 01:40:28 pm »
Imagine us have two ex keepers in the Hungary squad!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2064 on: May 17, 2021, 01:53:00 pm »
Thomas Müller is going to be recalled to the Germany squad apparently.  No Marc Andre ter Stegen either (cos of having knee surgery), so it’ll be Leno and Trapp getting splinters in their arses.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2065 on: May 18, 2021, 12:23:19 am »
Mixed feelings about this. We had planned an almightly trip round Europe visiting every venue city, regardless of ticket, watching in fan parks etc.

Now I'll be at home eating crisps.

fucking covid
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: May 18, 2021, 12:32:23 am »
With a dinosaur manager failing upwards as per FA selection process.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2067 on: May 18, 2021, 11:48:24 am »
Julien Laurens reporting that Karim Benzema has been recalled by Deschamps for the French squad for the Euros.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2068 on: May 18, 2021, 11:51:35 am »
Julien Laurens reporting that Karim Benzema has been recalled by Deschamps for the French squad for the Euros.

France's tournament to lose really. This probably helps cement it more

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: May 18, 2021, 11:51:57 am »
More than 5 years since his last.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2070 on: May 18, 2021, 02:24:19 pm »
Italy provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Alex Meret (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino);

Defenders: Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Alessandro Florenzi (Paris Saint Germain), Manuel Lazzari (Lazio), Gianluca Mancini (Roma), Leonardo Spinazzola (Roma), Rafael Toloi (Atalanta);

Midfielders: Nicolň Barella (Inter), Gaetano Castrovilli (Fiorentina), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Matteo Pessina (Atalanta), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain);

Strikers: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Vincenzo Grifo (Freiburg), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Moise Kean (Paris Saint Germain), Matteo Politano (Napoli), Giacomo Raspadori (Sassuolo).

Jorginho and Emerson haven't been included at the moment due to CL commitments

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2071 on: May 18, 2021, 08:10:39 pm »
France

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Mike Meignan (Lille)

Defenders: Lucas Digne (Everton), Léo Dubois (Lyon), Lucas Hernandez (Bayern), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris), Jules Koundé (Séville), Clément Lenglet (Barcelone), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)

Midfielders: N'Golo Kanté (Chelsea), Thomas Lemar (Atlético), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern)

Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Kingsley Coman (Bayern), Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona), Kylian Mbappé (Paris), Marcus Thuram (Mönchengladbach)

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #2072 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:40 am »
France
Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Kingsley Coman (Bayern), Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona), Kylian Mbappé (Paris), Marcus Thuram (Mönchengladbach)

Big call this one. Lots over here calling it sports-washing.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2073 on: May 19, 2021, 09:18:07 am »
Big call this one. Lots over here calling it sports-washing.

How so?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2074 on: May 19, 2021, 10:57:51 am »
Marco Reus has pulled himself out of contention for the Germany squad. Wants to give his body time to recover after this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: May 19, 2021, 11:11:06 am »
Marco Reus has pulled himself out of contention for the Germany squad. Wants to give his body time to recover after this season

what a wise man Marco Reus is, and he loves his club more than anything, Mr Dortmund himself!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2076 on: May 19, 2021, 11:12:35 am »
France

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Mike Meignan (Lille)

Defenders: Lucas Digne (Everton), Léo Dubois (Lyon), Lucas Hernandez (Bayern), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris), Jules Koundé (Séville), Clément Lenglet (Barcelone), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)

Midfielders: N'Golo Kanté (Chelsea), Thomas Lemar (Atlético), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern)

The strength of a squad is sometimes shown by the players left out rather than those included.

People will argue if they should have been included or not (plus some might be injured) but France didn't include Mendy (x2), Upamecano, Konate, Laporte (I know he's switched to Spain now but would play for France if he was selected), Camavinga, Aouar, Ndombele, Fekir, Martial.

A fair few of these players would be getting into most of the other squads in the tournament with relative ease.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: May 19, 2021, 11:14:25 am »
Upamecano has been pretty bad in recent months, not surprised he’s been left out. But yes, France have such a depth of talent now for sure!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: May 19, 2021, 11:18:54 am »
France's centre back options are fuckin' nightmare for any coach now and for the next decade.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: May 19, 2021, 11:19:46 am »
Midfield is baron beyond Kante and Pogba. Deschamps has his favourites and doesn't ever veer away from them but Sissoko, Tolisso, Rabiot and Lemar are extremely fortunate.