Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 122805 times)

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1 17/18
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2017, 08:24:08 pm »
Ed lad. 1-0

Throws himself to the ground chasing a ball he's never reaching.......penalty. Wish we had it this easy.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2017, 08:29:24 pm »
Yeh PSG have been far from impressive in the first half. Neymar takes zero defensive responsibility and walking about..
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2017, 08:57:05 pm »
Booked for daring to touch the ear of Neymar, the way the sport is officiated now is embarrassing.

PSG 2-0, Thiago Motta with a scrappy goal
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
This is why Neymar went to PSG isn't it? To showboat against lesser players and have free reign to do what he likes on the pitch.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2017, 09:31:11 pm »
Haha. Neymar feeling right at home, with ref protection exactly like Camp Nou. No one dares touch him.

Kimpembe is such a star. Immense potential. Sakho might as well say goodbye to NT callup, looking at his form.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:09 pm »
This is why Neymar went to PSG isn't it? To showboat against lesser players and have free reign to do what he likes on the pitch.
Looks that way, think he's bigger than the league, his team, etc.. understandable in a way he's really been put on a pedestal since he was a kid in football.. Proclaimed to be better than Pele , winning the Olympics with Brazil, huge success with Barca and now made the record transfer. It's no wonder everything goes to your head and then he is supremely talented and it just all kind of accumulates to this.. He can cake walk through these matches he has to put everything into the CL matches to achieve his and the clubs aspirations of the CL victory. He still shows respect for his teammates, as many are NT teammates and friends and top players. Zero respect for his opposition though.

Not that I condone the wandering about and not assed attitude he's displaying on what his third appearance for the club? But I still tune in to see him take the piss out of his opponent, that incredible self belief bordering on arrogance is what makes his play so fun to watch. He used to do this rabona aerial touch for Barca which was great but he was instructed not to do it, things like that we will see by the truck load in Ligue 1.  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OY-w2J7vwYk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OY-w2J7vwYk</a>

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:36:09 pm by ggcc14 »

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2017, 09:34:11 pm »
Draxler showing his excellence assisting Cavani, 3-0.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2017, 09:41:13 pm »
Oh Edinson. He's going to be huge this season, with Neymar and Di Maria alongside and Veratti+Rabiot behind.

As an aside, he's already more popular with the PSG ultras CUP than Ibra ever was. Literally feeds off the energy from that end.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2017, 09:46:38 pm »
Draxler showing his excellence assisting Cavani, 3-0.

That was Meunier. Not that Draxler isn't excellent as well :D

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2017, 04:53:07 am »
That was Meunier. Not that Draxler isn't excellent as well :D

Absolutely love Meunier. He's just such an unusual player. 6ft3, with ridiculous composure and technical ability. Plenty of tricks in his locker, loves a showboat, cool as ice on the ball and can pick a pass better than half the number 10s out there.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Absolutely love Meunier. He's just such an unusual player. 6ft3, with ridiculous composure and technical ability. Plenty of tricks in his locker, loves a showboat, cool as ice on the ball and can pick a pass better than half the number 10s out there.

Yeah I love Meunier as well, fantastic player. Unique like you say, really great to watch. He seemed to come out of nowhere as well, I remember being surprised when PSG signed him but he was brilliant last season.

Felt a bit sorry for him when Dani Alves joined PSG over the summer, but with Alves 34 now and Aurier seemingly on the way out I can still see Meunier getting plenty of playing time this season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2017, 08:59:26 pm »
Marseille are getting absolutely belted. Monaco are leading 4-0 at half-time!

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2017, 09:01:10 pm »
AS Monaco, still the most exciting team in France  :)

Falcao and Diakhaby ripping Marseille apart.

Also, this whole PSG loan for Mbappe is disgrceful cheating to get around FFP. Hope its not allowed.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »
Jardim is  just brilliant,  still managing to compete.  Easily in the world class bracket of managers.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »
5-0

Sidibe scores now.  :)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2017, 12:04:47 pm »
Jovetic just signed for Monaco, has the number 10, Mbappe - Cavani - Neymar for PSG then. Fucking mad.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2017, 01:04:02 pm »
Balde Keita is expected to join Monaco.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 06:40:44 pm »

PSG sign Monaco's Mbappe - https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco/status/903308912098766848 & https://www.instagram.com/p/BYd3fAABHcB/

Financial fair play? - though signed on loan with PSG actually buying him next season...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:43:58 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:12 pm »
Cavani, M'bappe + Neymar = 120+ goals all comps this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2017, 05:58:57 pm »
Paris-St Germain are under investigation by Uefa. http://bbc.in/2wYnA9o

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #100 on: September 3, 2017, 09:44:23 am »
Surprised there wasn't  anybody in for Nabil Fekir of Lyon this transfer window.With Alexandre Lacazette gone to Arsenal I'm thinking  this could be a huge season for the lad to push on
« Last Edit: September 3, 2017, 09:49:58 am by rocco »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 8, 2017, 07:37:13 pm »
That PSG front four of Neymar, Mbappe, Draxler and Cavani is nearly as good as Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino.  ;)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #102 on: September 8, 2017, 07:57:01 pm »
Bit of a Sensible Soccer style scramble there :D

I really like Cavani.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #103 on: September 8, 2017, 08:48:15 pm »
That PSG front four of Neymar, Mbappe, Draxler and Cavani is nearly as good as Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino.  ;)

Lucas Moura, Di Maria, Ben Arfa, Pastore not a bad bunch in reserve for that attack as well. Although Ben Arafa has been sacked off to the ressies it seems.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hatem-ben-arfa-set-play-13580839
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 8, 2017, 09:03:07 pm »
Mbappe on the mark...excellent finish from about 20 yards out.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #105 on: September 8, 2017, 09:15:55 pm »
I really like Cavani.

He's great, that swashbuckling style of play. Just smashed one off the under side of the bar.

Neymar with the third. Metz look gassed, thanks in no small part to the ref.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 8, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
Cavani, Mbappe and Neymar all score.

From MSN to CMN!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #107 on: September 8, 2017, 09:36:50 pm »
Cavani will get even more goals than last year with Neymar supplying for him. He's a brilliant striker and he's still underrated somehow.

What an attacking 3 they have this season, going to be great to watch in Europe.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #108 on: September 8, 2017, 09:37:48 pm »
Cavani will get even more goals than last year with Neymar supplying for him. He's a brilliant striker and he's still underrated somehow.

He comes from the Adebayor school of finishing where it takes him 5+ chances to score one. He scores a lot but he's not a clinical one chance-one goal type forward..

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 8, 2017, 09:43:38 pm »
He comes from the Adebayor school of finishing where it takes him 5+ chances to score one. He scores a lot but he's not a clinical one chance-one goal type forward..

That's well wide of the mark.  Awful comparison.  137 goals in 204 games for PSG.

Only 3 players to have played 20+ CL games have scored in 50%+ of their apps; van Nistelrooy (58%), Messi (51%) & Cavani (50%).

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »

What an attacking 3 they have this season, going to be great to watch in Europe.
Clear favourites for the european cup I think if their top players stay injury free.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2017, 09:49:13 pm »
Yep , everyone game I watch he misses so many  sitters .

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2017, 09:56:17 pm »
Clear favourites for the european cup I think if their top players stay injury free.
It's them and Real Madrid for me, it's hard to write that Real team off but PSG are very strong right now.

I love Messi, he's my favourite player ever and, for me, the best of all time but I think Neymar cements himself as the best player in the world in 2018.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2017, 09:58:11 pm »
Yep , everyone game I watch he misses so many  sitters .

Every striker misses chances and it's hard to criticise Cavani alone for that.

His movement is unbelievable, he gets himself into the positions over and over again to even have the opportunity.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #114 on: September 8, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
It's them and Real Madrid for me, it's hard to write that Real team off but PSG are very strong right now.

I love Messi, he's my favourite player ever and, for me, the best of all time but I think Neymar cements himself as the best player in the world in 2018.
Yeah Real are at their level but four European titles in five years will be a step too far imo.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #115 on: September 8, 2017, 10:03:57 pm »
Yeah Real are at their level but four European titles in five years will be a step too far imo.
Not sure how you can have PSG and Real on equal level, PSG continuously underachieve in Europe, Madrid look a complete side and accustomed to delivering in Europe. This PSG team have not even made a Semi final despite always looking good on paper.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 8, 2017, 10:10:27 pm »
Not sure how you can have PSG and Real on equal level, PSG continuously underachieve in Europe, Madrid look a complete side and accustomed to delivering in Europe. This PSG team have not even made a Semi final despite always looking good on paper.

They'll learn from the Barcelona collapse and they have brought Neymar and Mbappe into the team. Alves is a great addition to their squad and the likes of Verratti, Kurzawa, Marquinhos and Rabiot are all improving every year.

Madrid are the best team in Europe but PSG are ridiculously strong this season and are the biggest danger to Real Madrid.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 8, 2017, 10:11:32 pm »

Repeat of 1981 will do fine thanks. :)

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2017, 10:12:47 pm »
MBappe and Neymar. Slightly good additions those two. Yes Real are a very good side but the consistency required to win four titles in five years is incredible. It was a fantastic achievement to retain it this year, I personally think another one will be a step too far.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2017, 10:13:59 pm »
Repeat of 1981 will do fine thanks. :)
Well yes, Kiev in the spring time.