Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208772 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2018, 01:58:35 pm »
Finished the main story of Watch Dogs 2 and really enjoyed it. Decided to leave Wolfenstein 2 for a couple of weeks and booted up Halo 5 as I have it outstanding. What a game! I'd read a lot of hate about it from the die hard fans but this is fantastic. It plays so well and looks phenomenal even on the Original X1. I'll give MP a blast once I've finished the campaign but I think I'll get battered over and over like I have done on the MCC MP

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2018, 04:50:53 pm »
The Last Of Us: Remastered is like £12 atm on PS Store, I have finished it on original release but this might be too good to pass up, what a a price!
one of the best games I've ever played. Got it for free with my ps4 and played it without any expectations. Safe to say that I was blown away. The suspense, the feeling of total hopelessness and that death could be lurking behind every corner made me exhausted.

A must buy for everyone who loves gaming.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2018, 03:58:50 pm »
Yep Last of Us is only slightly behind Super Mario World on my all time favourites list. Tremendous game.

Currently playing Thimbleweed Park, I'm hooked.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #203 on: April 1, 2018, 03:13:00 pm »
Been hooked on Elite Dangerous recently. Not been able to play much so only just in my first upgrade ship. An Adder. It's like driving a half-broken down Ford Granada without a driver's seat. It's quite good fun for being such a shoddy way to fly. Need to get some turret guns and a crewmate to have some fun with bounty hunting, although tempted to just buy a Viper.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 1, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »
I noticed that the Batman games were all discounted fairly heavily on the PS store so I downloaded the 2 telltale games (£15 for all 10 episodes), been playing through the first one this week and I'm enjoying it. The Arkham games are all discounted as well so I'll probably buy those this week sometime before the offer comes to an end.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 2, 2018, 09:02:02 am »
Been playing alot of PUBG the past couple of weeks. Put in about 50 hours. Think it's becoming an addiction though as I'm dreaming about where to land for loot.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #206 on: April 2, 2018, 03:11:02 pm »
I noticed that the Batman games were all discounted fairly heavily on the PS store so I downloaded the 2 telltale games (£15 for all 10 episodes), been playing through the first one this week and I'm enjoying it. The Arkham games are all discounted as well so I'll probably buy those this week sometime before the offer comes to an end.

Great games. Arkham Asylum is still the best of the lot in some ways, with City a close second. Origins is fun but doesn't quite hit the heights. Arkham Knight I didn't enjoy much thanks to the overuse of the batmobile, which should have added a new layer but ends up more of an irritant than an improvement.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 2, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »
Finished 'A Way Out' with my mate and now we've both jumped on 'Ghost Recon: Wildlands' which is great for co-op.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #208 on: April 3, 2018, 07:57:32 am »
Great games. Arkham Asylum is still the best of the lot in some ways, with City a close second. Origins is fun but doesn't quite hit the heights. Arkham Knight I didn't enjoy much thanks to the overuse of the batmobile, which should have added a new layer but ends up more of an irritant than an improvement.

I really liked Asylum too. Caught the characters brilliantly as well as being a lot of fun to play. Loaded up the other day, and it still looks decent all those years on too.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 3, 2018, 11:37:57 am »
Finished 'A Way Out' with my mate

What's it like mate?

Worth buying?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 3, 2018, 05:15:11 pm »
What's it like mate?

Worth buying?

It’s good mate, it’s co-op only though so no single player whatsoever.

Only short but it’s great fun with a mate because it’s a good story. Easiest Platinum ever too [emoji6]

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: April 3, 2018, 08:12:49 pm »
About a year later than everyone else but I downloaded the discounted F1 2017 (£16.99) and absolutely loving it. I haven't had an F1 game for years and this is probably my favourite - I am enjoying the tactics and tyre/fuel management that is shit to watch IRL but interesting to be involved in in the virtual world. Had some great battles with the AI drivers too.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 4, 2018, 08:54:38 am »
About a year later than everyone else but I downloaded the discounted F1 2017 (£16.99) and absolutely loving it.

I put a lot of time into that game and agree that it’s the best for years. I think the handling of cars just made them fun and I also had some really good races against AI in career mode. For £17 it’s a bargain.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #213 on: April 4, 2018, 11:03:01 am »
Just started TLoU on Grounded

Stuck on the first proper encounter :(

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 4, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
Just started TLoU on Grounded

Stuck on the first proper encounter :(

Its fucking solid mate. I got up to the part at the school in the gym bit where you face the bloater. Finally managed to do it but it's just incredibly difficult. I got a bit past there but it's hard af

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 4, 2018, 11:14:58 am »
Just got GT Sport for the PS4, love racing games and after years of playing against AI opponents, it's really strange to race against other humans, strange but good.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: April 4, 2018, 11:32:57 am »
It’s good mate, it’s co-op only though so no single player whatsoever.

Only short but it’s great fun with a mate because it’s a good story. Easiest Platinum ever too [emoji6]

Yeah that's fine. My lad who's at Uni said he will play it with me (if I buy it of course :))

Not cool for him but we both want to play it.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2018, 08:19:19 pm »
Crusader Kings 2 was free on Steam this weekend, so yeah.. the hours are ticking over here..
@Yvanicuzz

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2018, 12:27:28 pm »
Just re-purchased The Witcher 3, this time as GOTY, I had never played the expansions and I got told they are excellent etc etc... only issue is I deleted my save so I am gonna have to start fresh!

BTW it was only like £14 on PSN!!!! Bargain, some really good sales on atm, there are easter sales and the double savings sales, great games to be had on the cheap!

Just trying to decide if I start on Normal or go for Death March!?!?!?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:29:21 pm by PhilV »

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2018, 12:57:47 pm »
Just re-purchased The Witcher 3, this time as GOTY, I had never played the expansions and I got told they are excellent etc etc... only issue is I deleted my save so I am gonna have to start fresh!

BTW it was only like £14 on PSN!!!! Bargain, some really good sales on atm, there are easter sales and the double savings sales, great games to be had on the cheap!

Witcher 3 is the best game I have played on the ps4

Amazing deal for that price enjoy ! play it normal at first even that's hard enough...

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2018, 05:27:18 am »

Just make sure that you do B&W after the main story is completed. You can do it during, but the narrative is strongly designed for it to be played last. Both expansions are great. Toussaint is a great counterpoint to the grimness of the northern realms and a huge area for an expansion. HoS has some of the best writing in any game in my opinion. You should have a ball. I'd start with normal difficulty and notch it up if needed. Death march is a frustrating pain in the arse in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:29:51 am by Darren G »

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2018, 06:11:29 am »
So despite the fact I said I wouldn't buy Battlefront 2 (fuck EA) I was given it by a girl in work, it wasn't her sort of game, I have enjoyed the single player campaign despite it being pretty short. Now I wanted to try the multiplayer which is a huge part of the game and the of course EA's servers are down (so I repeat fuck EA)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »
Been hooked on Elite Dangerous recently. Not been able to play much so only just in my first upgrade ship. An Adder. It's like driving a half-broken down Ford Granada without a driver's seat. It's quite good fun for being such a shoddy way to fly. Need to get some turret guns and a crewmate to have some fun with bounty hunting, although tempted to just buy a Viper.

Brilliant game, but prepare for a long slog to gain the better ships and kit for them. I have a fleet of 9 engineered ships, but I play the game in phases.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2018, 05:23:14 am »
God of War and Wipeout on the PSVR ...
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2018, 02:16:37 am »
I'm at the very last Mementos in December! My first Persona game and I've been blown away. On one hand I'm looking forward to finishing and starting a second playthrough with a lot more knowledge of what to do, but then I'm not so sure I can smash another 150 hours into the same game so soon!

I've spent the last 6 months on my second playthrough of Persona 5 (150 hours), followed by buying a bloody PS Vita to play Persona 4 Golden (90 hours), and then dusting off my PS3 to play the 'PS2 Classic' Persona 3 FES (140 hours). Very very close to the end of P3 now, what a ride this has been. Being that I've gone through the series backwards, the story seems to get better but the gameplay and graphics get a lot worse. Final Fantasy has underwhelmed me for so long and I was waiting for another JRPG to come along and grab me, little did I know the games I was after were in the past!

Just ordered God of War and a half-price Nier AutoHakunaMatata for when I get back on the PS4 in a couple of days.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2018, 08:24:58 am »

Been playing Human Fall Flat with my young daughter. In "co-op" mode it is a work of genius.

A puzzle game using real physics to advance through the levels. The utter incompetence of the players brings tears to the eyes.

We spent half an hour trying to build a see-saw from a plank, an anvil and a log, only to realise that we only need to move the plank to the edge of a cliff and do a running jump. Why catapult rocks at a castle wall when you can fire your team-mate over the wall instead?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #226 on: May 7, 2018, 10:25:13 pm »
Been taking a bit of a hiatus from gaming in the sense that I tend go for big, single player immersive story type games on the ps4. However, have been really into splatoon 2 on my son's switch. Have tried and got quickly bored of recent shooters like destiny 2 and star wars battlefront but am well into splatoon 2.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 8, 2018, 01:48:53 am »
I've an Asp Explorer, saving and grinding for an Anaconda.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #228 on: May 8, 2018, 06:59:01 am »
Just finished Night In The Woods. Very unique game, lovely story.

About to start Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on the Switch, and have my sights on God of War after ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 8, 2018, 10:02:24 am »
Yeah I’ve got my eye on DK, although I’ll probably wait for it to drop in price.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2018, 12:07:18 am »
Finally finished the currently available scenarios of Frostpunk. Really loved it. Beautifully done with a bit of bite to the choices and consequences you have to make.

Just looking at the Assassins' Creed series being on sale. Tempted by Origins but have never played one before so not sure what to expect. Right in thinking it's open world RPGish stealth-lite affair? It's that or run through something like ME:A or TW3 again. And both of those make my teeth ache setting up a mouse and keyboard profile which I like.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2018, 06:11:23 pm »
F1 2018, and have put more hours into Everybody’s Golf than I expected to, great fun golf game. Completed it this morning only to find it then goes to ‘special levels’.

Got such a backlog before RDR2 comes out, and really want Spider-Man but will stick with F1 for a bit.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2018, 07:49:46 pm »
Divinity: original sin 2. Been out for a year or so on PC I think but was released for PS4 two weeks ago, it's a fantastic RPG. Won't be getting spiderman until I'm done with this.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2018, 07:06:19 am »
Currently playing Fallout 4 (yes, I know that it's 2018).  I tried to get into it when it was first out, but had come from playing TW3 so it felt 'meh' and I quickly gave up on it.  Picked it up again recently, modded the living shite out of it, and am now thoroughly enjoying it.  Actually an pretty amazing looking game with texture mods, reshades and the like.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2018, 07:58:27 am »
Currently playing Fallout 4 (yes, I know that it's 2018).  I tried to get into it when it was first out, but had come from playing TW3 so it felt 'meh' and I quickly gave up on it.  Picked it up again recently, modded the living shite out of it, and am now thoroughly enjoying it.  Actually an pretty amazing looking game with texture mods, reshades and the like.

8) Still playing fallout 4 myself  ;D
For those who have abandoned this, check out the new story mods. Tons of stuff to do  ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2018, 09:35:35 am »
I'm still playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and also replaying Red Dead Redemption on 360.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2018, 09:51:33 am »
I finally got round to playing Horizon Zero Dawn. It’s been brilliant so far. I’ve opened up all of the map and am probably a reasonable way through the main story I reckon but have also done a lot of the side errands/quests as well.

Not bothered with some of the other bits you can do around the map but now have unlimited fast travel so that’s making life quite a lot easier. It’s just a superbly presented game all round and a lot of fun. Aloy is a good character too and battling robot dinosaurs never really gets old.

Am putting off starting RDR2 to finish it so it must be good!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2018, 02:24:28 pm »
I'm still playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and also replaying Red Dead Redemption on 360.
Sold my Switch because I had no inclination to play this game after completing the story.

I found it a strange game like that. It was either breathtaking or kind of lacklustre. I loved it, but I felt like with a few tweaks it could have been my all time favourite.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2018, 05:05:34 pm »
FIFA 19, Spider-Man, Firewall: Zero Hour and Sonic Mania.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2018, 10:12:22 am »
8) Still playing fallout 4 myself  ;D
For those who have abandoned this, check out the new story mods. Tons of stuff to do  ;)

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming Fallout Miami mod? Looks boss.