Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 50790 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2021, 10:00:20 pm »
Is that still there? Remember going there with my Grandad when I was about 10 for a carvery. What about Don Luigi? :D

Nice one Jersey, regards to Jurgen.

Yes the Bay Horse is still there. If you went in between 1987 and about 1992 our kid probably cooked your food. Don Luigi is still there as far as I know.

There is a greek I've been told to go to, intend to give that a try when we are allowed out again.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2021, 10:45:12 pm »
Yes the Bay Horse is still there. If you went in between 1987 and about 1992 our kid probably cooked your food. Don Luigi is still there as far as I know.

There is a greek I've been told to go to, intend to give that a try when we are allowed out again.

Haha it would have been in that time frame I reckon. Who do I complain to?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2021, 01:36:09 pm »
https://news.sky.com/story/government-poised-to-take-over-city-of-liverpool-after-corruption-claims-12252322

Anderson suing the police?  Fucking hell. :lmao

Irony of ironies that Liverpool could end up with the Tories in charge after all!
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appeeling......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2021, 02:31:03 pm »
I’ve just moved to Formby from West Yorkshire.

It’s probably technically not Liverpool and it’s not really news, but after 34 years I finally have an L postcode ;D

Although i've been through Formby millions of times i've never been to Formby Point[i see it everytime i go to my local shore], one of those things to visit when lockdown is over

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2021, 04:21:46 pm »
Anderson suing the police?  Fucking hell. :lmao

Irony of ironies that Liverpool could end up with the Tories in charge after all!

Whatapp circular special..

"Rumour

Bramley Moore off for the foreseeable. Jenrick won’t approve it. That Operation Aloft investigation by police have been working with UNESCO in the background and uncovered further evidence of corruption. Joe Anderson and the stadium director Colin Chong both implicated. Expected to be re-arrested this week and Jenrick has ordered the govt to step in because it goes right to the top."

Most likely the revenge attack for the Klopp circulars sent out recently.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2021, 05:10:22 pm »
Well I for one wouldn't be surprised to find out that money changed hands when it came to demolishing the Futurist.

As for suing the police, Joe "Do you know who I am!?" Anderson always was a bit of a bully by all accounts (allegedly).
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2021, 10:18:44 pm »
Festival Gardens, Pall Mall, the flyovers, New Chinatown

Could be any, if not all of these.

A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2021, 10:40:17 pm »

What's the problem here? I now about the others.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2021, 10:29:35 am »

The new China town was scandalous. Tbf there's probably an element of it in may projects. I hope it all comes out but it could be damaging for the city and it's development. Having said that, there's some really poor stuff getting thrown up with overseas money, not much gets put back into the local economy at all.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:08 am »
Very important news:

The Leather Shop is back open.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2021, 10:38:41 am »
^ the smell - love it  ;D

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:25 am »
Liverpool kinksters silently rejoice behind their new leather gimp masks.

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2021, 10:58:48 am »
St John's seems to be stuck in a 1970s time warp. I was there a couple of years ago and they had one shop with a special section for First Communions.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:46 am »

I have genuinely never been in there, but I'm assuming there's a secret password you tell the entity that lurks within its walls and the entity will then open a secret entrance to a room filled with things that will haunt your every waking moment?

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2021, 01:46:50 pm »
I remember that place back when it was the computer store Bits and Bytes.  ;D

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2021, 02:39:44 pm »
I remember that place back when it was the computer store Bits and Bytes.  ;D

ha ha - great name

∆×∆p×≥h/4π

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2021, 04:49:09 pm »
Legacy Fan And Proud Of It.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2021, 04:55:12 pm »
Very important news:

The Leather Shop is back open.

Is that the one in Central? I bought an ex a full length leather coat from there about 20 years ago.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2021, 05:21:57 pm »
Is that the one in Central? I bought an ex a full length leather coat from there about 20 years ago.

Alright Neo.

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2021, 05:56:13 pm »
It is.

Nice mac, by the way.
Legacy Fan And Proud Of It.

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2021, 06:02:51 pm »
I always wanted a long leather coat, but I'm a short arse so don't really think it would work for me.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 21, 2021, 01:47:41 pm »
Looks like the old Abbey cinema in Wavertree has been saved from demolition, Historic England have listed it grade II so it cannot be knocked down to make way for a new single story bland Lidl.

No comment from Lidl yet but these companies normally get their way in Liverpool as they greatly exaggerate the number of jobs created and the council normally fold.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wavertree-picture-palace-set-demolished-20432315

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #463 on: April 21, 2021, 01:50:15 pm »
Looks like the old Abbey cinema in Wavertree has been saved from demolition, Historic England have listed it grade II so it cannot be knocked down to make way for a new single story bland Lidl.

No comment from Lidl yet but these companies normally get their way in Liverpool as they greatly exaggerate the number of jobs created and the council normally fold.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wavertree-picture-palace-set-demolished-20432315

awe i love lidl  :wave

...that's great news  ;)

∆×∆p×≥h/4π

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 21, 2021, 06:54:30 pm »
Don't you just HATE that phrase, "beyond economic repair"?

That's politi-speak for "Yeah, we can salvage it, but there's no money in it for us to do so."

Seen too many of these lovely old cinemas bite the the dust in Liverpool over the past 10 years, Old Swan, Green Lane, Lime Street.  Goodness knows how long the one at the bottom of Park Road has left. Nice to see one saved.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art