Author Topic: Fear The Walking Dead  (Read 41164 times)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Re: Fear The Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: October 6, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »
Spoiler
at last we have a vaguely interesting character in strand, even though TWD's racial determinism means he's not long for this world.

the finale was the best episode so far, hiding its glaring deficiencies in some glorious aerial shots of the city and a bit of scale.

still don't give a damn about any of the characters though, and so the standard TWD trick of killing off a "major" character in the finale meant absolutely nothing.
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #121 on: October 6, 2015, 08:35:03 pm »
The new webisodes - Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 1 (of 16) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9I8pmlMz4

Apparently one of the people in it ends up in the season 2 of FTWD

(edited to include a working video link for the UK - and hopefully everywhere else too)
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 11:02:04 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #122 on: October 7, 2015, 10:33:06 am »
The new webisodes - Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 1 (of 16) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X832Ti_7WjA

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

nnnooooooooo!!!!!
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #123 on: October 7, 2015, 10:35:53 am »
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

nnnooooooooo!!!!!

Search Youtube for flight 462 - there are loads of copies.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #124 on: October 7, 2015, 01:50:19 pm »
The new webisodes - Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 1 (of 16) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9I8pmlMz4

(edited to include a working video link for the UK - and hopefully everywhere else too)
so that video is around 90 seconds long and is 1 of 16, I'll probably wait and hope that somebody pulls them into one video.
do we know over what time period the other 15 will be released?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 7, 2015, 01:54:23 pm »
so that video is around 90 seconds long and is 1 of 16, I'll probably wait and hope that somebody pulls them into one video.
do we know over what time period the other 15 will be released?

One a week. They are being shown in the ad break of the Walking Dead.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: October 7, 2015, 01:57:27 pm »
One a week. They are being shown in the ad break of the Walking Dead.

so given theres normally a mid season break we may not see all of them until March 2016 (that's a guess)
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #127 on: October 7, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »
so given theres normally a mid season break we may not see all of them until March 2016 (that's a guess)
Sounds like a waste of time. 16 is a bit much...
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #128 on: October 7, 2015, 05:40:05 pm »
Search Youtube for flight 462 - there are loads of copies.

Thanks fella ;)
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:49 pm »
Ok, I finally got around to watching this.

I have to admit I was very excited, being a TWD fan I wanted to see how it all collapsed but I was kind of disappointed to be honest. It's not completely shite but it definitely isn't what I hoped for.

The show looks and "feels" rather cheap. I read this thread today after I finished watching and I agree with a few posters who said that it looks like an 80s tv film, it really does.

The characters are all a bit meh so far, especially Madison. Her entire reaction to the world falling apart doesn't look realistic at all. I mean, here we have your "run of the mill" middle aged woman who works in a school so her reaction to some of the situations that she goes
through are laughably bad. She has to beat her co-worker to death with a fire extinguisher and then she just goes home and remains completely normal, plays Monopoly, laughs and shit.  Wtf was that?  Yeah, they did show her crying in the bathroom for a few moments but it didn't feel real to me at all.

I saw people here were discussing certain points that I wanted to discuss too, like the fat kid going back to school to pick up a few cans and his knife. It was laughable really.  Yeah, he would do that, there are no knives of any kind at his house. Baffling.

The whole collapse and official reaction was also very disappointing. I think most of the viewers were waiting to see that part of the story and that "9 days later" jump was a big fuck you to all of us.

What to say about the army shooting EVERYONE outside the fences, whether infected or not?!  What the fuck was that?  How would you even enforce that considering each and every soldier has a family of his own somwhere and knows that what they're doing here(LA) is being done to his own family by other soldiers, wherever it may be.  And also, what exactly is the point of having fenced zones if you're gonna abandon them and the people in them? 

Then there's 10 km of "infected" free radius around the zone.  Really?  In 9 days you've gone from a packed LA to not a single person, dead or alive in 10km radius.  How?  Why didn't we see any of that shit?

Also, what's with the teenage kids in shows like this?  They're really doing my head in with their - "how to be a stupid teenager in horror conditions" textbook behaviour.

I don't know, maybe I'm bitter because I expected it to be different so I went on a rant here. ;D

I liked the boat idea but was disappointed when I saw it's a motor yacht and not a sailboat. ;D

Hopefully the 2nd season will be much better.

EDIT: I just remembered - the scene where the 3 of them are driving away and Nick is checking the radio stations for news and then we hear a fella talking about it being an apocalypse and it ends up being about a sport team.  I laughed there, great scene.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:02:19 pm by firing squad »
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2015, 12:54:11 pm »
Ok, I finally got around to watching this.

Yea , but apart from that , anything else not float your boat ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2015, 02:59:38 pm »
Yea , but apart from that , anything else not float your boat ?
That about covers it. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 02:42:11 am »
All of the Flight 462 webisodes 1-16 can be found here - https://vimeo.com/160628469

Season 2 starts Sunday 10th April in the US (the week after The Walking Dead season 6 finale)

A look at season 2 - https://vimeo.com/153446447

Season 2 trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBhQpXRS2FU
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:16 am »
Just a heads up, this is back tonight in the States.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2016, 01:03:21 am »
Just a heads up, this is back tonight in the States.
Awesome.

Totally forgot about this starting again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »
Pretty awful opener I thought. Seemed very cheaply made, like a show off the syfy channel!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:52 pm »
Pretty awful opener I thought. Seemed very cheaply made, like a show off the syfy channel!
Was thinking the same.

Only tended to pick up in the last 2 mins.

I hope they reach land by the next episode.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2016, 10:49:12 pm »
Absolute shite first episode.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2016, 01:24:19 am »
Very meh, don't care about any of the characters already.

Also, are we meant to buy the daughter is that dumb?
:D

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2016, 02:18:14 am »
Did find myself cheering on the zombies to bite/kill a couple of the characters - some very stupid decision making from people I imagine we're supposed to like.

15 episodes this season - yet only 7 in the Spring (seems they may do a half-season cliffhanger a la TWD? - If so they may have to up the game a fair bit to get people interested in the 2nd half of this season if season 1 and this 1st episode of season 2 were anything to go by).

Spoiler
So far, Strand and the 2 Salazars were decent...

Next week with the yacht being taken over, it could make things a little more interesting?
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2016, 10:01:29 am »
Very meh, don't care about any of the characters already.

This is the most important thing. I only care about the daughter and for obvious reasons.

Also, some bad editing I thought. Not an expert here but thought scenes were kinda disconnected, badly shot.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »
like the worst episodes of TWD, FTWD is actually nothing more than a series of increasingly inventive methods of dispatching zombies with a bit of mumbling, emoting and nonsensical decision-making in between.  i particularly liked the outboard motor.

also, why would you swim away from your own boat towards the zombie boat?

strand is funny, but also black, so not long for this world.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »
I actually didn't mind it in parts. It's wasn't as bad as is being made out, but that's par for the course in anything related to these shows on here. I mean, if you're going to be trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, where better to do it than on a luxury yacht that's practically a floating mansion? I don't mind that. At least that makes some sense.  I couldn't particularly give a fuck about any of the characters either, I'm just here for the schlock of it all.

The nonsensical decision-making, as others have noted, is particularly maddening to watch on this, and I can't help but root for the zombies because of it.

Spoiler
The scene where the son (don't really give a shit which is which, but he's an annoying twat) decides to take a nice little skinny dip for fuck all reason in the middle of the ocean, because, well, because fuck you viewer, shit needs to happen. I just wanted him to drown. Good riddance. Then there was that boat which just appeared in the vastness of nothingness in all directions. How did anyone not see a burning boat? I mean, it would have been a nice visual scene to show bodies of zombies floating amongst the flotsam, they just contrived a stupid reason to place the characters in danger. It's just silly shit.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:34:43 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2016, 06:16:32 pm »

strand is funny, but also black, so not long for this world.
I like Strand but only because he reminds me of...

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »
The whole collapse and official reaction was also very disappointing. I think most of the viewers were waiting to see that part of the story and that "9 days later" jump was a big fuck you to all of us.
Ha, they did that? What exactly is the point of this spin-off then? I thought that sort of thing was going to be central to the drama, lolz.

Just going from your post it sounds pretty awful.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »
Channelling the spirit of the farm in season 2 of TWD.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:52 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/avaSdC0QOUM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/avaSdC0QOUM</a>

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2016, 11:21:04 pm »
Not sure that's the right spirit to be channeling. The farm felt like an eternity and more.

I want this show to be good but it's just not. The first season was not good and the second season has got off to a stinker. Only for TWD viewers looking for their fix in between seasons this would be axed. Unfortunately.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »
This should be Sideshow's cup of tea, then.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »
This should be Sideshow's cup of tea, then.

a few key differences - mainly that TWD had already established the core of fairly good, distinct characters that has sustained that show ever since.  FTWD has not a single character of any interest apart from the soon-to-be-dead strand.

in any case, i reevaluated my view of season 2 after watching that video review of it where it is torn apart :)

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »
I must say I did enjoy Strand's Fight Club/boat rules :)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2016, 07:22:56 pm »

Really , really struggling to get into this . When you really don't give a flying fuck about any of the characters ( maybe Strand excluded ) , what's left ?

Needs a turnaround big time !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2016, 10:09:10 pm »
Really , really struggling to get into this . When you really don't give a flying fuck about any of the characters ( maybe Strand excluded ) , what's left ?

Needs a turnaround big time !

What's left is the Zombies, and even they look cheap compared to TWD.

Offline Justanotherfan

• Main Stander
  • Dorohedoro!
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2016, 12:46:46 am »
Kids are so stupid,
Love the 90's feeling tho, like you're watching it on vhs
Strand and the boy are the only ones i care about.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
I think everyone is being far to critical,FTWD is after all just meant to be a filler for the real show.

Offline clacke

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »
After just one episode of Season 2!!

Fear the Walking Dead Renewed for Season 3:

http://www.seenit.co.uk/fear-the-walking-dead-gets-third-season/

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2016, 06:28:20 am »
one of the better episodes so far.  a fantastic precredits sequence, a truly shocking ending, and an interesting bit of insight into the early days.

and strand really is johnson.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2016, 11:01:25 am »
one of the better episodes so far.  a fantastic precredits sequence, a truly shocking ending, and an interesting bit of insight into the early days.

and strand really is johnson.

I think it's the first time an episode has actually had me looking forward to the next one whilst at the same time backtracking on what I'd just watched to figure out any plot developments I might have missed.

You'll have to educate me tho S - who is Johnson?

:)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2016, 12:53:02 pm »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »