Author Topic: The Car Lust Thread  (Read 73200 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Car Lust Thread
« on: April 12, 2015, 03:25:06 pm »
We have had threads for cars we own, but it's odd that a thread about cars we WISH we owned has never stuck.

So here's one for:
  • the cars we love and can afford, but just never have gotten around to buying
  • the supercars we'll never own
  • the classic automobiles of decades gone by
8) :lickin 8)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Car Lust Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:30:51 pm »
The Porsche Cayman. I think they're better looking than the recent 911s. Porsche has purposely put lesser power in them so as not to cannibalize 911 sales. I love the gorgeous curves on it. Used ones are fairly affordable.

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »

Fuck off with all your wanky bankers cars. Anyone who doesn't want one of these is an utter shitstripe.

A guy in our hood used to have one when we were kids - we used to play Back to the Future and I was always Marty McFly because I was small and had a Strat.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:38:24 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »
The "first" supercar? Lamborghini Miura. Beautiful.

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »
1963 split window Chevrolet Corvette. People complained about the window, so they removed the split after one year. So of course, it became one of the most lusted after Corvette years.  ;)

― Christine Szymanski

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:50:11 pm »
Love the new Range Rover.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »
1955 Mercedes 300S Gull-Wing

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:06:23 pm »
DeTomaso Pantera

― Christine Szymanski

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »
Shouldn't Lust be spelt with an 'R'?   ;)

Never been a petrol head myself. I just consider them tin boxes, that go from A to B.   ::)

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 04:18:32 pm »
Shouldn't Lust be spelt with an 'R'?   ;)

Never been a petrol head myself. I just consider them tin boxes, that go from A to B.   ::)
You're in the wrong thread. There's a "Ooh I Just Knitted A Pink Sweater!" thread you might be interested in.  ;) ;D
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »
I would take a 3.1 V6 Essex engine Ford Capri over most of these...
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:06 pm »
I would take a 3.1 V6 Essex engine Ford Capri over most of these...

My cousin had one of those..

I'd like one of these 

but to be honest, I'd rather spend the money on :

« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 09:27:36 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 07:32:36 pm »

One day

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS convertible

― Christine Szymanski

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 08:26:51 pm »

Shelby Cobra.... Nice.

Although it does look a little pissed off in this shot!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 08:31:43 pm »
Dodge Charger, 2nd generation 1968-1970

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 08:40:02 pm »
Here's an inexpensive little car. The design looks better to me in person than in these pics. Wish it had a bit more power, but I'm told it's a fun handler. It's the current Toyota 86 platform, which is rebranded according to where in the world it's sold. Known also as the Scion FR-S and the Subaru BRZ. Does anyone here own one?

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 08:46:33 pm »
Shelby Cobra.... Nice.

Oh yes!  :lickin The originals are near priceless now. But there are tons of kit versions available. Some of them are cheap knockoffs, but some of the more costly one are better made than the originals!

1966 Shelby Cobra
― Christine Szymanski

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:17 pm »
There were only 9 of the '63 AC shelvey mustang.  My uncle drove one at Le Mans and I prefer the race trim ones to the shinier ones with chrome everything.
Must be worth a fortune.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 08:58:51 pm »
This

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 09:01:59 pm »
This

There's a bit pricey and then there's a 250 GT spyder....

I see one around me occasionally, v pretty.
W

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:27 pm »
There's a bit pricey and then there's a 250 GT spyder....

I see one around me occasionally, v pretty.
About £6.5million if you can find an owner willing to part company.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 09:06:56 pm »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 09:21:00 pm »
Always wanted the Nissan R33. No way to get one here in Norway, though, can't get them approved.

Something appealing about a car that looks like a boring sedan, and will leave Ferraris for dead between the lights. Hopefully I'll have a good job by the time the next GT-R arrives.. ;D

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »
;)
:)

I like cars..just the aesthetics of them though...one of my favourites is the bank robbers of the sixties choice and the choice that Yates uses in the film Robbery-this gets him the gig with McQueen for that film.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 11:03:11 pm »
:)

I like cars..just the aesthetics of them though...one of my favourites is the bank robbers of the sixties choice and the choice that Yates uses in the film Robbery-this gets him the gig with McQueen for that film.

Dude, looks like something you'd be carried to your grave in... Ugliest car ever.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 11:25:50 pm »
How dare you!!! a mark 2 jag is a thing of beauty.
choose Life.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 11:28:16 pm »
The early Volkswagen Beetle. Apparently they had sunroofs on them!? Didn't know that.

― Christine Szymanski

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 11:29:35 pm »
Dude, looks like something you'd be carried to your grave in... Ugliest car ever.
brother...you know nowt...and that's coming from a cyclist  ;D

I'll tell y'all the tale of the mcclaren car owner tomorrow I'm posting on my phone just now.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 12:08:46 am »
I know it is. Maybe it's the colour (Didn't John Lennon have one repainted?)....

But I seriously would feel uneasy about turning up to pick up a chick in a vehicle that looks like a funeral car.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:12 am »
I desperately want an Ariel Atom. The U.S. Distributor is only 30 miles away too. It's just a matter of a spare 50k usd.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:15 am »

Shelby Cobra.... Nice.

That's surely one of the best-looking machines I've ever seen. I've always loved those cars, but the likes of me can't be liking anything called a "cobra."
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 03:11:41 am »
Not sure if anyone has ever seen a photo of one of these before.  ;)

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 03:18:30 am »
1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Torpedo Phaeton

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 03:22:22 am »
1935 Auburn 851 Speedster

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 03:27:20 am »
Ok, back to an ordinary car...what do you think of the "old" vs "new" Mini?

― Christine Szymanski

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 05:43:53 am »
The original mini wins every time.  Only annoying Estate agents and pesty auditors from a certain firm who drive the new one :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 08:47:44 am »
The original mini wins every time.  Only annoying Estate agents and pesty auditors from a certain firm who drive the new one :D

Ermm ... I had a nice green one with a white roof, Liverpool paraphernalia all over it  :wave But I sold it to fund my plane ticket to Thailand 3 years ago, so as you were  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 09:21:54 am »

i drove the old mini and it was total crap
the wind screen wipers never worked properly and I had to park it in such a place as the sun hit it as early as possible as it would never start damp

the germans did fix everything when they made the new one