Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 370539 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2012, 07:07:03 pm »
Lets face facts though. Star Wars, well A New Hope was made for us. By us I mean people who were 0-16 at the time of its release, who then watched it over and over (yup me) when they were growing up. Then came Empire and ROTJ. We were all going to watch the prequels no matter what ever critic said, or your mate who had seen it earlier than you, or it being slated all over the internet. We watched PM and though it was crap. Im guessing AT LEAST 90% of us still paid up at the cinema to watch the next 2 though. At lot of us may have took our kids with us too, and thats my long and convoluted point. Essentially its for kids. There the fuckers who will want all the figures/spacecraft et al (yes I do want them too...but it will have to be when I win the lottery. I can have my Star Wars room then). And just how many different kind of crafts and vehicles where there over the 3 films. Seemed to take the piss.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2012, 08:03:46 pm »
Good news -  The new films are going to be original stories rather than an adaptation of any of the spin offs
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
actually I've just been out having a ciggy and remembered the old music at the end of Jedi was better too.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Star Wars Episode 7
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
They really shouldn't do origin stories for any characters. Too much needless expansion of the universe with extraneous nonsense is one of the reasons people started to turn against Lucas. New story please. Nothing against favourites being back in it, just not a pure origin story. There's some decent stories in the novels (I know, I know) that would translate well.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »
The problem with using the books will be convincing millions of people to watch a film of a story they likely know inside out.  I love Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Talon Karrde etc and think they deserve an on screen presence but I think it would be a mistake to just film the books.

Because blockbuster movies are a diffcult sell if based on books millions have read?  Is that where they went wrong with Harry Potter?
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »
Completly agree. If he so badly wanted to add Jabba, then he needed to do something about the scrip and chop/edit it. It just doesnt flow. Han leaves the bar after being told something for him to walk into the hanger to be told the same bloody thing.

Not only that, there's the stepping on Jabba's tail to get around him - so contrived, and it looked ridiculous.

And adding Boba Fett in as well was unecessary - neither him nor Jabba should have been seen in that film. And that's another thing he got wrong - too many characters who were in the original trilogy appeared in the prequels. There was absolutely no need to have R2-D2, C3-P0, Boba Fett, Chewbacca etc in there at all - again it was contrived, and made the whole world he created seem smaller.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2012, 11:00:00 pm »
Not only that, there's the stepping on Jabba's tail to get around him - so contrived, and it looked ridiculous.

And Jabba the Hutt was supposed to be the most feared criminal boss in the Galaxy.  Step on his tail and die swiftly, I'd have thought.  Adding the scene turns him into a comedy punchline.

Please don't get me started on who shot first.  I think I've only just calmed myself back down...
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »

And adding Boba Fett in as well was unecessary - neither him nor Jabba should have been seen in that film. And that's another thing he got wrong - too many characters who were in the original trilogy appeared in the prequels. There was absolutely no need to have R2-D2, C3-P0, Boba Fett, Chewbacca etc in there at all - again it was contrived, and made the whole world he created seem smaller.

I think the stepping on the tail bit was simply just an artefact of no one thinking of it at the time and then once they wanted to resurrect the scene twenty years on, making a gag out of it to cover the problem was his best thought. Think Jabba wouldn't have tolerated such a blatant lack of respect either without some tangible response.

For the latter, how else would he sell those toys without them in the films?? Characters => Merchandise => $$$

As you say it introduce a feeling of claustrophobia as well as lots of continuity questions. Why did the droids not remember Anakin? Why did R2D2 not use any of his funky equipment later on, especially the rockets? And lots lots more that Red Letter Media flagged. All simply so "we could see familiar characters".

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2012, 11:11:31 pm »
I think the stepping on the tail bit was simply just an artefact of no one thinking of it at the time and then once they wanted to resurrect the scene twenty years on, making a gag out of it to cover the problem was his best thought.

For the latter, how else would he sell those toys without them in the films?? Characters => Merchandise => $$$

As you say it introduce a feeling of claustrophobia as well as lots of continuity questions. Why did the droids not remember Anakin? Why did R2D2 not use any of his funky equipment later on, especially the rockets? And lots lots more that Red Letter Media flagged. All simply so "we could see familiar characters".

It all suggests that he lacked confidence in the new characters he'd created - how many of them are iconic like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Yoda etc? There seemed to be no effort to create decent new characters, which is strange because from what I hear about the books, there were plenty in there, and even the animated Clone Wars series had more interesting characters.

As for the Jabba scene, the fact the Greedo scene had already made it redundant, plus the problems associated with replacing a human with a giant slug, should have told Lucas not to include it at all, but he seemed to have completely lost his sense of judgement / quality control.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »
And Jabba the Hutt was supposed to be the most feared criminal boss in the Galaxy.  Step on his tail and die swiftly, I'd have thought.  Adding the scene turns him into a comedy punchline.

Please don't get me started on who shot first.  I think I've only just calmed myself back down...

Apart from being totally wrong for the character, it also made no sense...why would Greedo suddenly try to shoot him at point blank range in the middle of the conversation - it was Han that was desperate and needed to get out of there quick, hence he would shoot. Plus it looked ridiculous, and of course how could he possibly miss from one foot away?

Sorry, I've probably got you started...

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2012, 11:19:16 pm »
Fact is if GL is still involved I'll be surprised if the quality improves.  And he's got a feckin' cheek talking about handing the franchise over imo.  He handed the franchise over to people far more creative than him - Timothy Zahn for one - 20 odd years ago, and decided to crap on their contribution to his creation in the prequels, even though they had made an infinitely better contribution.

The problem with using the books will be convincing millions of people to watch a film of a story they likely know inside out.  I love Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Talon Karrde etc and think they deserve an on screen presence but I think it would be a mistake to just film the books.

That said, although I don't see how you can "reboot" the original trilogy, especially given the number of times Lucas has 'upgraded it', I'd certainly welcome a reboot of the concept.

I think the fans who have read those books, myself included,would love to see those made as they were much better stories than the prequels, the new characters are all good enough to get the interest of people not familiar with them. The biggest probem with these stories is the age of Luke, Leia and Han. The actors are all too old to play them and I don't think using new actors could ever work for characters that are that iconic.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2012, 11:19:41 pm »
It all suggests that he lacked confidence in the new characters he'd created - how many of them are iconic like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Yoda etc? There seemed to be no effort to create decent new characters, which is strange because from what I hear about the books, there were plenty in there, and even the animated Clone Wars series had more interesting characters.

As for the Jabba scene, the fact the Greedo scene had already made it redundant, plus the problems associated with replacing a human with a giant slug, should have told Lucas not to include it at all, but he seemed to have completely lost his sense of judgement / quality control.

Darth Maul is about the only new iconic character and he was killed off early. All the new Jedi characters are pretty meh.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
The worst thing about the changes (such as who shot first in the Cantina) are that they change the context of Han's journey - he goes from being a killer, a smuggler, who is only interested in money (found in a hive of scum and villany), thinking of only himself, to a man who risks his life and his ship to come back to help the Rebellion.  A story of redemption, which has some power.

As soon as you dliute that, you dilute that story.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:27 pm »
Apart from being totally wrong for the character, it also made no sense...why would Greedo suddenly try to shoot him at point blank range in the middle of the conversation - it was Han that was desperate and needed to get out of there quick, hence he would shoot. Plus it looked ridiculous, and of course how could he possibly miss from one foot away?

Sorry, I've probably got you started...

I got myself started!! :D

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

It's also sometimes a sign the writer wants to say, look at me and how clever I am. I've weaved a narrative that has all these characters interacting over time and influencing each others lives so well. Fine in one film as you keep it simple, fine if you plan for it (like in Babylon 5, i.e. seemingly throwaway comment in S1E2 say has massive repercussions in S3 and S4) but not if you didn't plan for it over many films and certainly not if you include wonderful abilities for said known characters that they never display again.

There were new characters in the prequels he could have run with successfully but he ruined it by spending more time on the CGI then anything else, introduced bloody Jar Jar and went with the most piss poor romance ever. I remember laughing in the cinema at how bad it was and how forced.

On top of that the relationship between Obi Wan and Anakin was awful, we kept having to be told how great it was and how much fun they had whilst they gave every impression of despising each other when interacting. Or some of the outright stupidity the characters indulge in that make no sense at all for supposed wise Jedi knights.

RLM's reviews say it better than I can, so for anyone reading this who hasn't seen them - watch them!

For the last point, yes again it was a clear indicator that Lucas had lost focus and was shoving back in a scene that was unnecessary just for the sake of CGI. Prequels were just the next one to suffer a few years later. The excuse that it was added as it was only dropped in the first place for lack of CGI is not sufficient. The original survived without it so don't feck around Lucas and add in things that are not needed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:25:41 pm by JohnHobbes »

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29:43 pm »
The worst thing about the changes (such as who shot first in the Cantina) are that they change the context of Han's journey - he goes from being a killer, a smuggler, who is only interested in money (found in a hive of scum and villany), thinking of only himself, to a man who risks his life and his ship to come back to help the Rebellion.  A story of redemption, which has some power.

As soon as you dliute that, you dilute that story.

Exactly, and it seems that Lucas somehow lost sight of what his own stories were all about.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:35 pm »
Anakin at the end of Jedi!!

With it being 'old' Anakin, it validates that Anakin did 'kill' Darth Vader and break through the 'dark side' to (once again) redemption.  That makes complete sense.

Having 'young' Anakin, it tells you that it was Darth Vader who killed the Emperor, and he didn't really see the light.

Thanks.  Back to the medication for me.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:36 pm »
Darth Maul is about the only new iconic character and he was killed off early. All the new Jedi characters are pretty meh.

And yet they could have been good, but he made no real effort to involve them properly in the story over the three films (apart from Mace Windu) - to the point where they're not even named in the films.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »
What are RLM's reviews?

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »
And yet they could have been good, but he made no real effort to involve them properly in the story over the three films (apart from Mace Windu) - to the point where they're not even named in the films.

That's known as The Samuel L. Jackson Effect.  Even Lucas can't ruin that..! :D

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:49 pm »
What are RLM's reviews?

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Red Letter Media - must-watch reviews of the prequels (and check out his other Star Trek ones too). You might baulk at some of the "serial killer" character schtick during the reviews, but it is worth sticking with it.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Red Letter Media - must-watch reviews of the prequels (and check out his other Star Trek ones too). You might baulk at some of the "serial killer" character schtick during the reviews, but it is worth sticking with it.

Yep, those bits are just daft but otherwise they're brilliant. Very incisive and clever critiques, and well worth the 70mins for TPM alone! Mocks the romance later between Padme and Anakin brilliantly, and how Lucas tries to put every single romantic ideal into the picture to force it - waterfalls, gondolas, you name it - it's there!

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:44 pm »

No effort is made on back story, they're just there to fill the seats. So no one cares about them.

As I mentioned before, we have to learn about Anakin and Obi Wan's great times through exposition, how much fun they've had and what scrapes they've got into, and how much he respects him just before Anakin whines to Padme about how crap a teacher Obi Wan is. No wonder we don't care.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2012, 11:45:02 pm »
Just thinking about the prequels, I've always that while they were films that didn't need to be made, they still could have been really good films in their own right, and were a massive missed opportunity. The overall story 'arc' is OK and makes some kind of sense, but the details of how it was done - the plot, characters and dialogue - were just poor. He should've just got a decent screenwriter and director, given them an overview and told them to get on with it.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:41 pm »
I think the stepping on the tail bit was simply just an artefact of no one thinking of it at the time and then once they wanted to resurrect the scene twenty years on, making a gag out of it to cover the problem was his best thought. Think Jabba wouldn't have tolerated such a blatant lack of respect either without some tangible response.
Thats exactly what it was. It was originally filmed with an actor, big fat bloke, as Jabba hadnt been designed at that point. Han walks around him as he is talking, to solve the problem they did that stupid trick were he goes up in the air. It was clumsy and didnt work, but it was the best they could do at the time.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 1, 2012, 12:02:00 am »
Just thinking about the prequels, I've always that while they were films that didn't need to be made, they still could have been really good films in their own right, and were a massive missed opportunity. The overall story 'arc' is OK and makes some kind of sense, but the details of how it was done - the plot, characters and dialogue - were just poor. He should've just got a decent screenwriter and director, given them an overview and told them to get on with it.

A happened with ESB and to a lesser extent in ROTJ. For the latter, Lucas was so involved that he should have got a co-director credit, and certainly from what I've read didn't think we needed to have Dagobah scenes and rejected Ford's and the writers suggestion that Han Skolo dies (early on) during the film. Merchandise!

You can see the trend of him getting more and more involved as time goes on directly corresponds to the drop in quality.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 1, 2012, 12:03:29 am »
Thats exactly what it was. It was originally filmed with an actor, big fat bloke, as Jabba hadnt been designed at that point. Han walks around him as he is talking, to solve the problem they did that stupid trick were he goes up in the air. It was clumsy and didnt work, but it was the best they could do at the time.

Yeah, I remember seeing that scene on an extras clip with some fat Scottish actor placeholder for Jabba and then seeing them CGI replace him. Just looked so poor that it puzzled me they bothered.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #188 on: November 1, 2012, 12:07:11 am »
Oh boys, dont get me started!

Stepping on Jabba's tail, yup, instant death.
The added Boba Fett. My take is that because Boba is such a cult cool character he whacked him in there for a bit of a smile for the fans. Akin, thats akin not Anakin, to Chuck Norris' appearance in Expendables 2.
Greedo shootin.....................breath oddball, breath.

BUT, theres always a but...my biggest gripe of the prequels, bar R2 flying (nnnniyng) was Yoda's battle with Palatine at the end of the 3rd one. I remember coming out of the cinema aghast. This is meant to be the greatest Jedi ever. Look how the little bogie jumped everywhere fighting Dooku (Christopger Lee). Yet he comes up against Palpatine has a wee jump around like Sonic The Hedgehog and decides he cant be arsed and he's fucking off.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 1, 2012, 12:10:28 am »
BUT, theres always a but...my biggest gripe of the prequels, bar R2 flying (nnnniyng) was Yoda's battle with Palatine at the end of the 3rd one. I remember coming out of the cinema aghast. This is meant to be the greatest Jedi ever. Look how the little bogie jumped everywhere fighting Dooku (Christopger Lee). Yet he comes up against Palpatine has a wee jump around like Sonic The Hedgehog and decides he cant be arsed and he's fucking off.

Oh god, I'd forgotten about that monstrosity. When Yoda goes all Kermit the frog to make him seem badass then you know that Lucas has lost the plot before all expectation that he'll find it again. Did no one else in the team have the gumption to tell him that was just wrong?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #190 on: November 1, 2012, 12:15:09 am »
Oh god, I'd forgotten about that monstrosity. When Yoda goes all Kermit the frog to make him seem badass then you know that Lucas has lost the plot before all expectation that he'll find it again. Did no one else in the team have the gumption to tell him that was just wrong?
Which one mate? V Dooku or V Palpatine?

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 1, 2012, 12:16:07 am »
Which one mate? V Dooku or V Palpatine?

I was thinking of the Dooku one in the cave. Again I'd managed to forget there was a second one. Arghhh.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #192 on: November 1, 2012, 12:18:50 am »
I was thinking of the Dooku one in the cave. Again I'd managed to forget there was a second one. Arghhh.
Hahaha, Ive got to be honest mate and say I enjoyed the fight v Dooku. Though I think I laughed when it happened, so thats maybe not the best reaction when theres an important fight scence. Though thats the thing, he was all badass, as you say, and flying round the gaff, yet v Palaptine he just gave up like a bitch. And theres another thing. If you are going to have Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi, he has to be the baddest mutha fucking Jedi ever. He wasnt :(

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #193 on: November 1, 2012, 12:21:31 am »
It was boss seeing Yoda turn into a hyperactive ninja frog of death!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 1, 2012, 12:23:41 am »
Hahaha, Ive got to be honest mate and say I enjoyed the fight v Dooku. Though I think I laughed when it happened, so thats maybe not the best reaction when theres an important fight scence. Though thats the thing, he was all badass, as you say, and flying round the gaff, yet v Palaptine he just gave up like a bitch. And theres another thing. If you are going to have Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi, he has to be the baddest mutha fucking Jedi ever. He wasnt :(

It has been a while since I've subjected myself to them but wasn't he hobbling around, until a second before, on his cane and then whoosh it's Kermit a bouncing off the walls... I think I and the audience laughed too at this, which shows it was just wrong. It was just out of character, surely if the force isn't dependent on size then he could just move naturally and still kick arse? Ah well, it isn't going to change.

Regarding giving up on Palpatine that was out of character, he had the chance to take him down but rather just gave up when still in it after one set back.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2012, 12:26:02 am by JohnHobbes »

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 1, 2012, 12:25:29 am »
It was boss seeing Yoda turn into a hyperactive ninja frog of death!

You could mash up that scene and the end fight scene from Muppets' Treasure Island. I'd struggle to tell Yoda and Kermit apart. Bounce, ricochet... bounce!

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 1, 2012, 12:27:40 am »
Oh boys, dont get me started!

Stepping on Jabba's tail, yup, instant death.
The added Boba Fett. My take is that because Boba is such a cult cool character he whacked him in there for a bit of a smile for the fans. Akin, thats akin not Anakin, to Chuck Norris' appearance in Expendables 2.
Greedo shootin.....................breath oddball, breath.

;D

Yeah, it did seem a bit weird...he just walks off looking a bit disgruntled, there is no explanation of why he's given up or what he's planning to do next, he just surrenders control of the galaxy to this evil psychopath and goes to hide in a swamp for 20 years. Surely someone so wise should have had a better plan than just hoping that one of Anakin's kids might turn out to be a bit handy with a lightsaber one day.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #197 on: November 1, 2012, 12:29:49 am »
Sam Jackson was horrendous in the prequels, he could not have looked more uncomfortable and awkward with the dialogue, action, costumes, etc. And his death scene is laugh out loud hilarious, he goes out like a bitch.

As has been said many times, Lucas is just not an actors director.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #198 on: November 1, 2012, 12:52:40 am »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #199 on: November 1, 2012, 01:11:43 am »
Sam Jackson was horrendous in the prequels, he could not have looked more uncomfortable and awkward with the dialogue, action, costumes, etc. And his death scene is laugh out loud hilarious, he goes out like a bitch.

As has been said many times, Lucas is just not an actors director.
the thing is Sam was pushing for a part as soon as first film was announced. He was in purely because he wanted to be. Then there are the scenes filmed with nsync and then cut. The whole thing is a pandering mess.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?