Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 370205 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Star Wars Universe lastest news
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »
Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series.

The Walt Disney Co. announced the agreement to make the purchase in cash and stock Tuesday. Disney added that "Star Wars Episode 7" is scheduled for release in 2015.

The deal brings Lucasfilm under the Disney banner with other brands including Pixar, Marvel, ESPN and ABC.

Kathleen Kennedy, the current co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become its president and report to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Lucas will be creative consultant on new "Star Wars" films.

Lucas said in a statement, "It's now time for me to pass `Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/#ixzz2AogzVCdR
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:57:16 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
Star Wars Episode 7
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59381

"Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII Scheduled For 2015 Release!
Published at:  Oct 30, 2012 3:23:33 PM CDT

In a move that's sure to spawn a good deal of polite and substantial discourse on these here internets, Disney has announced that it has purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion and stock. Kathleen Kennedy will be promoted to President of Lucasfilm, and will report to current Disney chair Alan Horn.

And then there's this: the studio is targeting 2015 for the release of a seventh STAR WARS film."

Good or bad news?
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
To be fair, Disney bought Marvel 3 or 4 years ago and have completely revitalised every single property of theirs that they've produced as a motion picture.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
Re: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »
LOL...2 threads at almost the exact moment. Oh well...delete mine.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »
Good. And any new film will be better than the PT.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars Episode 7
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »
What would the seventh film be based on? Original material or the expanded universe?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:31 pm »
If the new film is going to be anything like the Star Wars 1313 game that's coming out then i'm all for it.
Looks quality that game.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
What would the seventh film be based on? Original material or the expanded universe?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »

Star Wars Episode 7: Jar Jar saves christmas

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »
4.05 BILLION!

Fuck me.

Please.

Lol.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »

Yeah this what I was going to ask because I remember years ago being given a graphic novel by my cousin which said that the Empire wasn't defeated like we saw at the end of Episode 6 with everyone partying that was just the beginning of the end. Don't know how true that is.

Anyway should be interesting just makes sure it's better than the first two prequels. 

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »
Yeah this what I was going to ask because I remember years ago being given a graphic novel by my cousin which said that the Empire wasn't defeated like we saw at the end of Episode 6 with everyone partying that was just the beginning of the end. Don't know how true that is.

They released a trilogy of books focusing on post-ROTJ adventures.  There's been a million more since, but those first 3 are good reads.  Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford etc are way too old now though.

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »

There's loads of books that follow the original films it will be interesting to see if they use them or come up with something new, can't wait  :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:18 pm »
I think they should either move it far forward, or far back. No returning characters at all.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »
How much of Lucasfilm does George own himself?

I'm guessing this includes the back catalogue et al?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »
Two threads?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »
How much of Lucasfilm does George own himself?

I'm guessing this includes the back catalogue et al?

He owns 100% of it, the deal also includes ILM and Skywalker Sound
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »
Great news I reckon
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:09 pm »

Just make a fucking Han Solo - Chewy movie about how they became partners already.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »
Love to see this guy in the new film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:35 pm »
Leave it be.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »
Didn't be just sell THX as well?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 09:02:34 pm »
To be fair ILM are worth $4bn just by themselves, world class company.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »
First I was scared. Terrified and angry. But then, I realised, Lucas ruined a lot of what was great about Star Wars, maybe a new start will reinvigorate the franchise.

I don't want more Star Wars, I was more than happy with the original three, but such is life. I hope they go away from the original cast. Ie, break away from the Skywalker line and do something fresh and bold with it. There's tons of decent material to start from, but a lot is to do with Luke and Leias kids.

I can get on board with this, but it'll take a while. Let's face it, it won't and can't be worse than what Lucas did with the prequels.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »
Just make a fucking Han Solo - Chewy movie about how they became partners already.

now that trilogy was actually decent, albeit a bit contrived.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09:29 pm »

It'll be Jar Jar Binks infested kiddy stuff.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:17 pm »
The Star Wars brand is at rock bottom and obviously no-one is going to leave it alone (seriously, a complete stop on all new Star Wars related products for 20 years would do absolute wonders for it) so bringing in new ideas and people to work on them is the best solution.

I'm actually amazed Lucas is giving up control of it, I know he'll be richest fucker around but after his seemingly spiteful reactions to the fans and whoring of the brand to absolutely anybody I'd never thought I'd see him give it up.

Imagine a Pixar produced Star Wars film directed by Brad Bird or Andrew Stanton. Imagine giving it to Marvel and Joss Whedon. Best of all imagine Lucas not writing and directing it. It could actually be good and relevant.

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »
Coming up to Christmas, they should make some kind of, I don't know, holiday special? I'd love to see some of Chewie's background. Maybe he's got a wife and dad, maybe even a little son?

And they should have some songs it. Songs are always cool.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 09:14:27 pm »
If Joss Whedon got hold of this I'd probably mess myself.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:39 pm »
There is definitely plenty of mileage in that inverse. Hopefully something is done with the long talked about tv series now too.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

They should set the next Star Wars movie 30 years after the end of Return of the Jedi. You could have Harrison Ford as Han Solo, and his age would be about right. You could get someone like Shia LaBeouf play his long lost son with Leia. Throw in some good actors like Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt in supporting roles, and bob's your uncle.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »
As long as fatty wobbly neck isnt directing it, I dont care what they do. The Old Republic would be good to see.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ToztqqDcaY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1ToztqqDcaY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 09:26:51 pm »
The Star Wars brand is at rock bottom and obviously no-one is going to leave it alone (seriously, a complete stop on all new Star Wars related products for 20 years would do absolute wonders for it) so bringing in new ideas and people to work on them is the best solution.

I'm actually amazed Lucas is giving up control of it, I know he'll be richest fucker around but after his seemingly spiteful reactions to the fans and whoring of the brand to absolutely anybody I'd never thought I'd see him give it up.

Imagine a Pixar produced Star Wars film directed by Brad Bird or Andrew Stanton. Imagine giving it to Marvel and Joss Whedon. Best of all imagine Lucas not writing and directing it. It could actually be good and relevant.
Reckon it could be the best thing that could happen to it.Looking forward to seeing what theyre gonna come up with

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »
Its three movies they're making

+++++++++++

Disney plans to bring not just one but three new Star Wars films to the big screen, and the companies “have a pretty extensive treatment of the next three movies,” chairman and CEO Bob Iger said in a conference call announcing its deal to acquire Lucasfilm. “Episode 7 will be released in 2015, the first under the Disney/Lucas banner,” he said, with Episode 8 and Episode 9 to follow. Disney plans to release a new Star Wars movie “every two to three years.” Disney also intends to pursue the Star Wars brand in their parks, with games and, “other initiatives,” CFO Jay Rasulo said. “Being that there hasn’t been a Star Wars film since 2005, a lot of the value we attribute to the deal is to come, added Rasulo.

“We love the fact that this will take its place in our live-action strategy as a known and loved brand,” said Iger of his newest property. “We really like Star Wars’ potential on TV, and Disney XD would be a great home for that.” He  did not provide any more details about future Stars Wars TV shows. He added that that the deal “combines two of the strongest family entertainment brands in the world.”

Disney announced today that it would be purchasing LucasFilms for $4.05 billion. Half the consideration is in cash; the other half is in issuing approximately 40 million shares based on the company’s October 26 stock price. The company said it intends to buy back all the shares in the next two years. This purchase includes rights to the entire Star Wars franchise, Industrial Light + Magic and LucasSound. Unlike Disney’s acquisition of Marvel in 2009, this deal comes with few limitations on the company’s use of the purchased properties like the Star Wars characters. “There are some encumbrances with the first Stars Wars films with Fox and some encumbrances with Indiana Jones with Paramount,” said Rasulo. Iger said that, while he “loves the franchise,” the Indiana Jones films were not a big factor in the deal because of Paramount’s rights to the franchise. Fox has no future distribution rights to any further Star Wars films, the execs said.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/star-wars-disney-episode-7-three-more-movies-planned/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »
I would suspect the reason Disney would want this is because there are already a shed load of different cartoons, toys, games and franchises based on Star Wars. It's an easy product to fit into their 'portfolio'. I would doubt that they would have that much creative input into another film.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »
Well as long as disney treat it like they did with Marvel and The Avengers then they may have a decent chance.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »
There was originally going to be 9 films... I guess this fits that original plan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:25 pm »
Monkey Island The Movie...