Author Topic: The PC Gaming Thread  (Read 261755 times)

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
Re: The PC Gaming Thread
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »
Anyone play Lineage II?

and someone should probably create a rawk group on steam.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:14:47 pm by cim-pim-param »
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:48 pm »
the only MMO i'm remotely interested in playing is the Warhammer 40k one

also if anyone wants frozen synapse i have a spare copy and am open to trade, this includes TF2 items :)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 05:35:22 pm »
Anyone play Lineage II?

and someone should probably create a rawk group on steam.
Yes, I'm a bit busy this evening but I thought that shortly after setting this thread up on here, a Steam RAWK group is a must. I'll get on it over the weekend unless someone else does it first!

Oh, and to Mr Laptop man - that sounds like a nice GFX card, more than enough to play Skyrim. But it's not just your GFX card that affects performance, what's your CPU speed, and what's your RAM in particular?

If you've got 2gb or less RAM I'll bet that's slowing you down with older games etc - anything that does a lot of certain types of calculations will eat plenty of RAM (Football Manager is THE classic RAM hog) and it's also relatively cheap to upgrade. If it is only 2gb bump it up to 4 and I'll bet you see a huge difference. It also makes everyday PC stuff much, much nicer to do.

Re: SW:TOR

I'm also quite looking forward to that, though I've been wary of the time-sink potential of MMOs given how much time I spend on the PC anyway.

But the original was bloody awesome and I'm well up for more of that, even if I do think Bioware are hugely over-rated. (They are excellent, don't get me wrong, but critics and others talk about them as if they are perfection, especially in terms of the 'deep relationships' and 'quality writing' which, IMO, are nothing of the sort. Not bad, but incredibly cliched and predictable in every one of their games I've played apart from (from a very, very brief go) Baldur's Gate.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »
the only MMO i'm remotely interested in playing is the Warhammer 40k one

The game I want to come out, apart from real new versions of X-Com, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper and all the other classic, awesome, still never-bettered and ridiculously still highly original ideas of nearly 20 years ago, is Necromunda.

It's slightly smaller scale would make it absolutely stonking on PC, it's like a gang based 40k and would be an absolute beast of an MMO type game.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:24 pm »
Was gonna build a new PC here soon to get ready for the imminent release of awesome games coming up (BF3, TOR, Max Payne 3 etc etc) but then I saw this prebuilt:

AMD Phenom II X6 1065T(2.9GHz)
8GB DDR3
1TB HDD Capacity
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB

For approx. £430

Not so bad I reckon   :wave Gonna order it when I get my next payment in a few days
That's more or less what I bought 2 or 3 years ago for just over a grand, only with a 5870 when that first came out. That'll see you fine for a few years yet, I should think.

Also goes to show that PC gaming really isn't more expensive than Consoles - if you factor in a big game collection, say 50+, all the other stuff you can do with it, and the complete badassness of the PC (that spec will rip any console to bits), and that's without even going into mods...

anyway, gotta go, see you all soon!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:41:02 pm by hesbighesred »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 05:42:40 pm »
pc gaming is much cheaper these days due to the fact you don't need to upgrade as often since the consoles are holding it back, it's the same towards the end of most console cycles, when the next xbox comes out we'll all need to upgrade again :)

i welcome it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »
Also goes to show that PC gaming really isn't more expensive than Consoles - if you factor in a big game collection, say 50+, all the other stuff you can do with it, and the complete badassness of the PC (that spec will rip any console to bits), and that's without even going into mods...

That's the most annoying thing about consoles. The games are so fucking over-priced. It's really hard getting a real bargain, whereas with PC-games they're available for reasonable money after a couple of months...

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »
Was gonna build a new PC here soon to get ready for the imminent release of awesome games coming up (BF3, TOR, Max Payne 3 etc etc) but then I saw this prebuilt:

AMD Phenom II X6 1065T(2.9GHz)
8GB DDR3
1TB HDD Capacity
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB

For approx. £430

Not so bad I reckon   :wave Gonna order it when I get my next payment in a few days

Badass rig, but is there anyway to change the 6850 GPU for the 6870? I have the 6870 and it's quality, it's only slightly more expensive, that's why I'm asking.
Sup bitches?

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »
The game I want to come out, apart from real new versions of X-Com, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper and all the other classic, awesome, still never-bettered and ridiculously still highly original ideas of nearly 20 years ago, is Necromunda.

It's slightly smaller scale would make it absolutely stonking on PC, it's like a gang based 40k and would be an absolute beast of an MMO type game.

X-Com I'd love to see a sequel to, but so far no luck. Dungeon Keeper there's a spiritual successor to it, Dungeons, which tries to emulate the feel, which may be worth a go, if you've not tried it already. And as for Syndicate Wars, believe there's a sequel in the works, but development is kinda quiet at the moment. And unfortunately, its been turned into a bloody FPS. typical.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:38:33 pm by Valore »
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 06:59:06 pm »

Necromunda is a great shout for a game.

I'm looking at building a new system, my current one (below) is 3 years old now. Before I do, am I likely to get any mileage out of upgrading the ram and gfx card? I'm mostly playing Starcraft 2 at the moment, but although it would be nice to be able to play Rage or Dead Island, I wouldn't mind saving money if an upgrade is viable.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz Socket 775 4MB Cache 1333MHz FSB
- ASUS P5B DLX/WIFI-AP Pentium 4/Celeron/Pentium D/PentiumEE/65nm dual-core/Core2Duo/Core2EE
- Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU SLI/CrossFire Certified
- MSI 8600GTS 256MB Overclocked version DVI HDTV HDCP PCI-E
- OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Reaper Memory HPC Edition Dual Channel
- Antec Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan
- 320gb HD
- 500gb HD
- 1tb HD

Also, the reason I'm tempted to sell is because a friend is interested in buying my PC. Any shouts on a fair price?

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »
Badass rig, but is there anyway to change the 6850 GPU for the 6870? I have the 6870 and it's quality, it's only slightly more expensive, that's why I'm asking.

Saw a similar build on Newegg today. Usually you can't swap out what comes bundled. But if you look up the 6850 specs, you can easily overclock it to near 6870 spec's.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4002/amd-radeon-hd-6850-overclocking-roundup-asus-xfx-msi/6

I've got that ASUS and it's great.

Looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City. Also need to play Borderlands, haven't gotten to that one yet.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:09:50 pm by red_to_the_toe »
All non-ravens are non-black.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:52 pm »
Necromunda is a great shout for a game.

I'm looking at building a new system, my current one (below) is 3 years old now. Before I do, am I likely to get any mileage out of upgrading the ram and gfx card? I'm mostly playing Starcraft 2 at the moment, but although it would be nice to be able to play Rage or Dead Island, I wouldn't mind saving money if an upgrade is viable.
ARe you running windows XP? If so you can't go above 4 meg anyway, and with that processor I doubt there's any point going above that, but it looks like you could do better with the graphics card. I've got a nVidia 9800 1gb in my GFs (my old) pc and it made a big difference and was cheap.

There's a limit to how big a card it's worth getting - for example my rig would already be pointlessly overpowered if I didn't run things in 1900x1200 resolution. Still, that processor is getting towards the end of it's top gaming shelf-life I reckon.

That said, I'm personally not even close to being an expert, so best check someone else's advice, hopefully this thread will attract some techie geeks! :)

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:54 pm »
Ok, so as per the suggestion earlier I've set up a Steam group.

It's pcgRAWK, and here's the link:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pcgRAWK

Hope to see you there at some point! It's public for the time being just for ease of access but I can probably make it private if people prefer, once there's a few of us. Doesn't really matter if it's public or private if it's just me on there!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:02:15 pm by hesbighesred »

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:19 pm »
Saw a similar build on Newegg today. Usually you can't swap out what comes bundled. But if you look up the 6850 specs, you can easily overclock it to near 6870 spec's.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4002/amd-radeon-hd-6850-overclocking-roundup-asus-xfx-msi/6

Looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City. Also need to play Borderlands, haven't gotten to that one yet.

That's exactly what it is off Newegg, or the HP one. They usually have really good deals on quality prebuilts. Hard to pass them up
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 10:11:30 pm »
whoever astroman is in the strem group you like yourself some Team Fortress, i've only got about 300 hours total on it (steam for some reason doesn't count my early years so it looks like i've less)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »

Ah yeah forgot, good shout lad.
Sup bitches?

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 10:23:55 pm »
whoever astroman is in the strem group you like yourself some Team Fortress, i've only got about 300 hours total on it (steam for some reason doesn't count my early years so it looks like i've less)

Only started in 2009 i think, 2 years after it was out? Most likely missed most of your playtime.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »
i was playing it from the beta if i remember, put a couple of hundred hours in it by 2009
STFU and agree with me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »
http://www.indieroyale.com/

different indie bundle every few weeks, nice and cheap
STFU and agree with me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 11:28:53 pm »
finally renegade ops is released on steam, it's been out on xbox for ages, useless shits
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 11:47:26 pm »
Nice one OP, not sure why this thread didn't already exist!

Intel i7 870 @ 3.74GHz
ATI 6950 unlocked to a 6970
5996 3DMark11 score, bastard won't breach 6000.

Really looking forward to Arkham, when is the PC release?

:D

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 12:35:06 am »
Haha. That's me. There is some idling time included in the hours when the drops were more frequent. 726 active hours as a medic though :)

I only really play on one map also. Lazytown (cp_lazytown_lazyday, cp_lazytown_lazynight, cp_lazytown_g, cp_lazytown_f).  Five control point symmetrical map where a single game on a full server can last hours, and sometimes doesn't finish all night. Far more satisfying for me than a lot of the other maps where a game is over in 5 minutes.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:39:17 am by PaulV »
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 07:12:25 am »
ARe you running windows XP? If so you can't go above 4 meg anyway, and with that processor I doubt there's any point going above that, but it looks like you could do better with the graphics card. I've got a nVidia 9800 1gb in my GFs (my old) pc and it made a big difference and was cheap.

There's a limit to how big a card it's worth getting - for example my rig would already be pointlessly overpowered if I didn't run things in 1900x1200 resolution. Still, that processor is getting towards the end of it's top gaming shelf-life I reckon.

That said, I'm personally not even close to being an expert, so best check someone else's advice, hopefully this thread will attract some techie geeks! :)

Vista. Yeah, I was concerned that the processor would bottleneck. I'd like to be able to run all games, including new ones, in as high a resolution as possible (1680x1050 is the max). This is the system I've priced up:

- Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz
- Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 (default choice)
- G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
- Corsair A50 CPU Cooler
- Cooler Master CM690-II Lite Dominator Case & GX 750W Power Supply
- MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **Supplied with FREE Batman: Arkham City PC game**

Total £648 if I buy the parts separately, £688 if I buy the first 4 parts bundled with an overclock to 4.40GHz from Overclockers.co.uk. Is it worth the extra £40? I'll be playing Rage, Dead Island, Battlefield 3 etc.

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:06 am »

It's stupidly easy to OC the CPU's these days, the only tedious part is the 12 to 24 hour burn in tests to see if the system is stable.  Still if you don't want the hassle it's better to just drop the 40 bucks and let em do it.  Also get a 1920x1080 monitor, that rig displaying at 1650x1050 is like buying a Ferrari and only driving it to the corner store.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 08:27:03 am »
Vista. Yeah, I was concerned that the processor would bottleneck. I'd like to be able to run all games, including new ones, in as high a resolution as possible (1680x1050 is the max). This is the system I've priced up:

- Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz
- Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 (default choice)
- G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
- Corsair A50 CPU Cooler
- Cooler Master CM690-II Lite Dominator Case & GX 750W Power Supply
- MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **Supplied with FREE Batman: Arkham City PC game**

Total £648 if I buy the parts separately, £688 if I buy the first 4 parts bundled with an overclock to 4.40GHz from Overclockers.co.uk. Is it worth the extra £40? I'll be playing Rage, Dead Island, Battlefield 3 etc.

Have you had a look at Scan?

You would save £30 on the graphics card alone and they do a i5 2500k OC bundle with 8GB Corsair memory for £333.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:06 am »
Kinell you've mentioned scan and I've taken a look at it and it has some seriously competitive prices !

The Acer monitor I was particularly keen on is a £100 straight cheaper than off Overclockers. It's a big fucking shame they don't ship to Europe though, which is why I look into OC that much, it's the only company I know off that ships to Europe. We have Scan here, but the prices are so ridiculously overpriced when compared to the same scan.uk that it's ludicrous. Over here they do have a SCAN Price Match Policy with shops all around Europe that offer more or less the same service so maybe I'd get a little bitchy with them over the phone.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 11:04:15 am »
Since everybody else is measuring their dicks builds...  I'm a big modder, love making mods for games, even if I don't release them to the public.  Skyrim's release just happened to coincide with needing a new machine so I built one back around July.

i7-2600k @ 4.3ghz liquid cooled
8gb G.Skill
Sapphire 5850 Xtreme @ 900/1200 (About 2 weeks away from upgrading to a Sapphire 6950 2gb, just waiting on the card then have to do some cutting on the case to fit it)
1tb Spinpoint F3
64gb Kingston SSD
Coolermaster Storm Scout
24" Asus HD monitor (Hope to add a couple of 22" after the 6950 upgrade for eyefinity, if it's feasible)
Windows 7 Ultimate

Speaking of modding, anybody here good with skinning models??  I've actually got a big mod in the works for skyrim and due to just moving to the UK and not knowing my set job schedule, it's literally going to take me about 2 years to do it by myself.  Would take off a good 4-6 months maybe if I had a person skinning my models for me.  3 sets of armor, 2 swords, 1 axe or hammer, 2 bows, 2 clothing outfits.  Haven't done the models yet, they'll be done in about 7 months (if I'm on schedule).  Can't offer money, just your name in the credits, this is not a labor of profit.

PM me if interested, if you're great with photoshop or whatever but don't know how to skin models, I can link you to a crash course guide...

Offline greenone

• Dai Clarkson Dai Dai!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Some people believe in Jesus I believe in Ian Rush
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:03 am »
Out of intrest how quiet is liquid cooled? Fed up with the fan noise mine makes.
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.” – Bill Shankly

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15:19 am »
Out of intrest how quiet is liquid cooled? Fed up with the fan noise mine makes.

Can't hear it at all.  I don't have my graphics card on the loop so I hear it, and I still hear my case fans barely, but mainly because they're AP-15's and I keep them running constant at 60%, but I never hear my pump.  Believe it or not, I hear air bubbles going through the radiator more than the entire machine when I tip it for whatever reason.

Kit I use is the RASA 750 rs240, btw.

Edit***  Been waiting for my machine to get over from the states and just got a letter from Parcel Force saying they want 213 quid for import VAT to deliver my computer to me, the extortionate c*nts.  I would've sold the fucking thing before coming over if I'd have known her majesty's revenue and customs was going to bend me over like this...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:46:38 am by The Red Dojo »

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2011, 05:35:43 pm »
Unless you fancy doing it yourself then yes, I would say so. But then I've got an overclockers machine. The kind of games your talking about are very GPU intensive, and the extra oomph from the CPU will be very useful.
It's stupidly easy to OC the CPU's these days, the only tedious part is the 12 to 24 hour burn in tests to see if the system is stable.  Still if you don't want the hassle it's better to just drop the 40 bucks and let em do it.  Also get a 1920x1080 monitor, that rig displaying at 1650x1050 is like buying a Ferrari and only driving it to the corner store.
Or this, and he's bang on about the monitor. It's absolutely pointless buying a toppish-end rig and running it at 1650x1080, my old dual-core Dell machine from, what, 5 or 6 years ago, which was middish range back then, can still run most modern games on low to mid settings at that resolution.

Plus for the first few months you have it it will be utterly fucking awesome.

I highly recommend Hanns G - definitely not the best picture quality (not that I think you'd notice, I couldn't notice anything different unless I put it beside a pin-sharp monitor) - I got 28 inches (phwoar) at 1900x1200 for, what, £280 or so? That was two years ago and they've got nicer models out now. It's hard to argue with a 28" monitor at around the average price of a 24" monitor.

If you can run the high resolutions, the big screen will also make the most obvious, impactful difference compared to what you used to have - it's certainly what I noticed the most, far more than any fancy anti-aliasing or bloom etc etc type effects. Those things certainly add up to more beauty, but a big, fuck off goddamn massive screen is unbeatable for insta-wow factor. It will also make other geeks and even non-geeks mildly envious and sexually attracted to you.*

*This last claim should be treated with caution. It may be due to my cat** periodically spraying my screen with it's hormones.

**I don't actually have a cat. It's actually me who does the spraying***.

***Not really.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:44:54 pm by hesbighesred »

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »
Guys, let me know on the Steam group if you're happy to admin. I don't need any sort of commitment, it just gives you the power to arrange events and that sort of thing, there's no way I'm going to be on it enough to do all that stuff myself.

Oh, and I notice Battle-fucking-field three is out today, just saw it in the shop. Wouldn't have bothered pre-ordering it off Amazon if I knew it was coming out a day earlier at only £5 more in shops.

Though that said, I dislike the local game shop, I don't have time to play it today anyway, so really I'm just moaning about nothing, probably because I'm a bell-end. Oh well, you live and learn.

Anyone play Lineage II?
Never heard of it, what's it like?

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 06:51:33 pm »
Just checked my pre-order off Amazon as well, and it's still saying "dispatching soon."
If it still says that tomorrow, I'm going to cancel the order. Pricks.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 07:25:37 pm »
steam halloween sale started today

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/scary_sale_2011
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:56 pm »
steam halloween sale started today

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/scary_sale_2011

I was scrolling through that and noticed "Train simulator 2012 - Trains vs Zombies".. that is one title I would never have predicted

Nice one for setting up the steam group hesbighesred. I'm Manny Calavera..must install TF2 again to join some of you. I haven't played it for about a year now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:36:35 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »
Some good games on that Steam sale. 

It's a pretty old game but if you're into RPG's at all you should pickup Vampire TM: Bloodlines.  Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 are also very good PC ports.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
Ding-dong.

Steamgroup joined.
SteamID: Mortec

@Yvanicuzz

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »
Just checked my pre-order off Amazon as well, and it's still saying "dispatching soon."
If it still says that tomorrow, I'm going to cancel the order. Pricks.
Let's get together and set fire to the warehouse too, oh, oh, and piss on their mother's corpses.

That'll learn 'em. Pricks.

;D

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »
Never heard of it, what's it like?
Addictive as hell :)
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2011, 08:20:04 pm »
Addictive as hell :)
hehehe. I might check it out.

We'll have to do a 'my top 10 games of all time' list in a bit, though I can't be arsed now, hehe. :P

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »
do i win "gave the most money to steam" award, with my 183 games :)
STFU and agree with me.