Author Topic: Fallout - New Vegas  (Read 73772 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fallout - New Vegas
« Reply #1240 on: February 16, 2021, 02:27:21 pm »
76 I never bothered with as I only really play single-player games - by all accounts had it been released in the state it is now in, it would have got good reviews.

Fallout 4 did have the best FPS mechanics of the bunch, probably from ID's influence and the jankiness of shooting at low levels in F3. It's hard to remember you've got back-end stats influencing your shooting when you are literally stood in someone's face, firing and missing.

Beyond how iffy it was at launch, that was the reason I skipped '76 too, a single-player fallout with the option of co-op would be fine, but no interest in a Fallout GaaS.

Not sure if id's engine would work with the more open-world style of rpgs, but it'd be interesting to see what some of these ms studios could do if it would be a viable option, the creation engine doesn't really seem for purpose by this point in time.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1241 on: February 16, 2021, 03:34:48 pm »
Beyond how iffy it was at launch, that was the reason I skipped '76 too, a single-player fallout with the option of co-op would be fine, but no interest in a Fallout GaaS.

Not sure if id's engine would work with the more open-world style of rpgs, but it'd be interesting to see what some of these ms studios could do if it would be a viable option, the creation engine doesn't really seem for purpose by this point in time.
Yeah it's absolutely decrepit at this point - MS are making some interesting choices regarding their properties but I'd like to see Obsidian have another shot at a Fallout game, though they're working on their own AAA RPG at the moment. Playground Games doing Fable is also very interesting.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: February 19, 2021, 02:45:57 pm »
You'd hope that there will be some synergies eventually with these various studios, Halo using the new id engine would have been a handy one if the deal had been done earlier, but giving Obsidian another shot at a Fallout game so they could make one without such strict deadlines would be an interesting proposition once they have finished their own stuff.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1243 on: October 24, 2022, 05:10:32 pm »
Next gen update of Fallout 4 coming in 2023.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: October 25, 2022, 10:06:28 am »
Next gen update of Fallout 4 coming in 2023.

I started a play through when it 1st come out but dropped it for other games and just never went back. This will give me the chance to go back and experience it properly. Been waiting for the Witcher 3 upgrade to do the same

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1245 on: October 25, 2022, 11:00:34 am »
I started a play through when it 1st come out but dropped it for other games and just never went back. This will give me the chance to go back and experience it properly. Been waiting for the Witcher 3 upgrade to do the same

Haha... I was the same, but I only started a new playthrough two weeks ago, so the next gen update is too late for me. Not that I would have gotten it unless it was free for PC users. Don't really get the point of stuff like that...