Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1040173 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: George R. R. Martin's 'Game of Thrones' television series
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2011, 12:06:13 am »
Just transferred the books to my Desire.

I'll read the first over the next few days, then if its any good I'll transfer them across to my Kindle as well before fucking off to France skiing on Saturday.

If its gash, then its Tom Clancy and Jeffrey Deaver.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:00 am »

I'll read the first over the next few days, then if its any good I'll transfer them across to my Kindle as well before fucking off to France skiing on Saturday.

The first book takes a good 100-150 pages to get rolling. Once it gets moving, it doesn't stop, but I almost quit a few times when I was first trying to read it.

Offline redandwhitesox

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:55 am »
The first book takes a good 100-150 pages to get rolling. Once it gets moving, it doesn't stop, but I almost quit a few times when I was first trying to read it.
Agreed. Took me forever to get to "the things I do for love" but has picked up considerable speed since then. Too much introduction of setting and characters at the beginning, with little in the way of plot. Gets more interesting after about 200 pages.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2011, 01:50:21 am »
Like I said I have never read the books the sets etc are great maybe the story will take a few more episodes to get into.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:29 am »
other way round for me mate.

Why?

The only exciting thing that has happened is lots of doggy style sex.

And for some reason a girl walking very very slowly into a bath to make the ass shot a lot longer all I was thinking was get a move on love we have seen you ass lets get on with the story.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:36:16 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:25 am »
I'm still deciding whether to watch each week or after the season is finished. Probably the latter.

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2011, 05:17:07 am »
Like I said I have never read the books the sets etc are great maybe the story will take a few more episodes to get into.

Based on the book, I'd say it takes another two episodes for things to really get moving. However, everything so far has been pretty top notch. I could do without most of the sex but I guess they have to appease a certain audience.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2011, 06:18:31 am »
Not read the books and after seeing the comments about it in relation to WoT, I wont be picking them up any time soon. Quite happy to watch this though, nice to see very high production values and adult fantasy for once.  Thank god WoT is nearly finished though, that would make a good tv series, hopefully if this does well a few more things can get made.

Hopefully it will do well, which it should if its good, because there is a massive audience for this, fantasy that doesnt get dumbed down or need to act infantile, it can and should be gory & violent. If you read this stuff you read about battles, people hacking at each other with swords, its brutal and bloody combat, and shouldnt be sanitized, it should be seen, it helps make the story more immersive if its got a few good touches of realism.

Look forward to see how it goes.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2011, 08:44:06 am »
Didn't enjoy the sex part, but knowing HBO they always try to cram it into the first few episodes to hook audiences long enough to care for the characters. Not knowing the books I'd guess the nudity will give way to the story line at about episode 3.

Not really exposed to fantasy outside of LOTR (and Willow when I was a kid) and thought last night's show was... enjoyable. I'm going to keep watching it until episode 3 at least.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:20 am »
just watched it, thought it was good. never read the books so very interested to see how all the families interact.

the queen is fooking hot.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 10:14:25 am »
I'm still deciding whether to watch each week or after the season is finished. Probably the latter.

I've decided I'm going to knock em all off in a week a few months after it's finished airing. Only 10 or so, need to drag it out as long as possible.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2011, 05:04:36 pm »
HBO renews Game of Thrones for a second season.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:48 pm »
So far so good.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »
Thought the first episode was decent. Showed the key aspects while cutting out a lot of unnecessary baggage. If the series does go at this pace, HBO will run out of episodes before all the books have been released.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »
First episode was promising, good to have slow character development. Lena Headey is def better looking as a brunette though! Sarah Connor... :P

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2011, 04:55:40 pm »
First episode ok, not great writing in the dialogue but will stick with it for a while at least
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:47 am »
HBO renews Game of Thrones for a second season.

That was always going to happen.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2011, 05:12:54 am »

They were £5.49 on iTunes, where can they be found for free?!

Offline bigbosh69

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2011, 12:47:00 pm »
Never has a constant stream of boobs left me so bored.

I understand the notion of pacing, but it was drab and predictable all the way through. I've since had a quick gander at the near future storywise and the lack of surprise seems to continue.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
any pics? :D of the good scenes of course ;)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2011, 01:42:27 pm »
I thought it was Ok, the Pilot episodes of a series always are a bit shaky as they're trying to gage where the audience want it to be.  Agree with most of what's been said here, it didn't blow me away (unlike the Dwarf in the knocking shop) and the director obviously has a penchant for Doggy style.  Also the F-Word in Fantasy?  It doesn't seem right to me somehow.  Having said that Sean Bean is still brilliant on screen.  The sets and design were brilliant and the whole thing looked incredible, the scene where Sean Bean is cleaning the sword in the river sat under the tree and the whole visuals of the the scenes with those two blonde weirdo Brother and Sister.

It's been Sky plussed, so much like Boardwalk Empire I'll stick with it and see where it's going.

(I've not read the books by the way)
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
any one got a link aint got sky?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:24 pm »
The opening sequence was one of the most visually impressive scenes I've ever seen for a TV show. It's also a bit different from what happened in the books. I didn't find the rest of the show to be anywhere near as bad as what others are saying in the thread. The scenes with the blonde, her brother and this Drogo character were a bit over the top, mind. If those types of scene are going to be consistent throughout, then the series will go down as a bit of a stinker.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:55 pm »
is the next one out yet?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 12:17:37 am »
Nah not till sunday night/monday morning.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 12:26:20 am »
Loved it.

Setting reminds me of loads of locations in the Elder Scrolls 4
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2011, 11:11:03 am »
The scenes with the blonde, her brother and this Drogo character were a bit over the top, mind. If those types of scene are going to be consistent throughout, then the series will go down as a bit of a stinker.

Thought there was something unreal about blond and her brother to be honest. Also what is on the small of her back?

Thought the first episode was decent enough, it set out the characters and potential storylines so will see how it goes. Not read the books but like a fantasy (admittedly fantasy with magic is more my thing) so thought I would give it a try. Thought the King and Sean Bean relation didn't quite spark as it should and wasn't a fan of the prince in exile stuff but early days. Loved the Queen's brothers, thought they were rather fun.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:08 pm »
Loved it.

Setting reminds me of loads of locations in the Elder Scrolls 4

My thoughts exactly.  Very much had a feel of the game.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »
I thought it was a decent start cept for the accents... fucking annoying

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2011, 03:07:35 pm »
This could have been great, however in my opinion it seems it won't be anywhere close to reaching further than good. And here is why:

If they can't get the storytelling part done better than they did in this episode, they're gonna have to really excel when it comes to other stuff. And that does not mean having a doggy style sex scenes every other minute.

The introduction scene and everything in Winterfell up until the King's arrival was very good. After that everything seemed rushed, all the different plotlines were just put on the table, seemingly without much thought behind the manner in which they were.

The Wall, the Night's Watch, the Kingsguard, the Bastard, the Direwolves, background story... they aren't explained, just briefly mentioned.

Everything across the Narrow Sea was shite, and no one in the King's following was able to accomplish good chemistry with any other actor.

There is of course also the already mentioned excess of sex. Apparently the books had a lot of that, however given a choice between a quality series and one that stays true to the books.. Well, unless it's not a choice, and it's part of the deal to stay true to the books, it's not a tough decision to make is it?

Overall it just seems a bit shallow, whilst pretending to be otherwise.

Slower and with greater depth, please. And I'm talking about the storytelling elements, not the sex scenes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:09:43 pm by mbroon »

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:23 pm »
Watched the 2nd episode - enjoyed it more than the first. Seems to be settling down quite nicely.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:42 pm »
Just watched the 2nd one enjoyed it more than the first one but still get bored if the story at the time didn't involve the wolves (by far the best actors in it) and the dwarf by far the best human actor in it. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:34:24 am by Trada »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2011, 11:00:16 pm »
 :o Roxanne McKee is in it!  I'm completely in love with that woman  :lickin  :-*
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:27 am »
I liked the first one more than the second one. The second one had some plot development for A LOT of characters, some of whom aren't so interesting. Some of the scenes with Daenerys were bordering on HD softcore porn (without the fun bits). She is wicked hot, though. Sean Bean is so medieval. He should never leave fantasy renditions of the middle ages. Peter Dinklage as the imp is great and everyone else is okay. I'm gonna watch the whole thing. Why not? I like watching things.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2011, 07:33:00 am »
Slightly preferred first episode to this one but this still pretty good. Learnt a lot more about a lot of characters though still need more from Daenerys if they are to become intresting. I vow to celebrate anybody who punches the prince and the imp is rapidly becoming my favourite character.

My sister and I have been nagging my father for a direwolf :P

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:11 am »
My sister and I have been nagging my father for a direwolf :P

...maybe you should threaten to impolitely shag her from behind if he doesn't. just a suggestion.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »
really enjoyed the second episode. alright looking forward to next week.

I want a direwolf.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2011, 02:54:44 pm »
As someone who's read all the books, I think it's decent. The locations are very similar to how I imagined them, although some of the characters are a bit off for me, Tyrion is cast wonderfully though. Character progression so far has been a bit to fast, perhaps more so for people that haven't read the books. I'm enjoying it though.