Author Topic: Torrent sites?  (Read 509833 times)

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
Re: Torrent sites?
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »
So it was you!! :wanker

Hahahaha :P about 3 minutes too late ;)

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2007, 07:08:26 pm »
I'm using the verbatim DL, Smiff said these are the best for the job

I have tried using IMGBurn and something else I think it might be DVDburn but not sure as I'm on a different machine at the moment

Feel free to PM me any advice unless your all out of ideas
Can't be sure because I haven't got a clue (clearly) but I've just been reading around about burning 360 games and apparantly when you use IMGburn it doesn't know where to put the layer break in the DVD and just uses the whole DVD, leaving a lot of empty space on the DVD, making it unreadable. Going by the gospel of Smiff again, I suppose that could be what he meant when he said CloneCD does exactly what is needed, as that puts the layer break in the right place for you.

Just a thought.

Offline driyo

• Legacy Fan
  • Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:17 pm »
Ok, they've reached their limit then. If your not able to get an account then pm me and i'll send you an invite as soon as i get it (should be within a few days).
I'll try in the weekend, if I fail I'll send you a pm.. thanks :wave

Hahahaha :P about 3 minutes too late ;)
Bastard. If only you didn't exist.. ;D

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2007, 07:26:26 pm »

Bastard. If only you didn't exist.. ;D
:sad

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »
I'll try in the weekend, if I fail I'll send you a pm.. thanks :wave
Sure. Will do my best to have one free for you by then. They usually purge like 500 or more accounts daily though so it shouldn't be that hard to get one. But as said, drop me a pm on here when you're ready.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2007, 08:13:24 pm »
I have just signed up no problem
Trying to register but it says user limit reached, need invite to register :(

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2007, 08:17:03 pm »
"We have reached our maximum open signup limit (50,000). We now require an invite to join. Please try to get one from the IRC channel (#thebox.bz) or preferably from a friend"

Has any kind sole got an invite they care to PM me?

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2007, 08:24:31 pm »
"We have reached our maximum open signup limit (50,000). We now require an invite to join. Please try to get one from the IRC channel (#thebox.bz) or preferably from a friend"

I'd appreciate an invite when available. I'm the saddo who loves University Challenge and would absolutely love to watch some of the old shows. I cant believe i'm writing this here.

Offline cj

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2007, 08:26:41 pm »

They give out one invite when you reach 1.05 and 25 gb uploaded or something like that. After that they issue 2 invites per 20 days or so (while previous said details are maintained), as long as your a member. My forthcoming invite is already taken. Check them out on a daily basis and if you still dont get any then contact me within 20 days

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2007, 08:27:35 pm »
Now is within 20 days. Give me an invite.

Offline cj

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
Now is within 20 days. Give me an invite.
:) Only signed last weekend though, wish I could. Nr 2. Already promised my 1st one elsewhere

Sez_20

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2007, 08:53:08 pm »
Invite needed here please too!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2007, 09:03:02 pm »
I'm calling the feds :P

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2007, 10:43:16 pm »
hi everyone -- would anyone have an invite to waffles.fm that they would be willing to extend to ....me?  pls.?

thanks.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2007, 11:00:22 pm »
FUCKING GET IN! IT WORKED ;D ;D ;D!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2007, 11:24:51 pm »
Can't be sure because I haven't got a clue (clearly) but I've just been reading around about burning 360 games and apparantly when you use IMGburn it doesn't know where to put the layer break in the DVD and just uses the whole DVD, leaving a lot of empty space on the DVD, making it unreadable. Going by the gospel of Smiff again, I suppose that could be what he meant when he said CloneCD does exactly what is needed, as that puts the layer break in the right place for you.

Just a thought.

in IMGburn go to TOOLS > SETTINGS and click the WRITE tab, set the layer break to 1913760 (think that's the correct lb for 360 iso's?)

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2007, 04:13:26 am »
Fuck torrents right off. Took me 5 days to get Assassin's Creed using a torrent and now I've just got Mass Effect off Rapidshare in about 2 hours. Cost me £5 for a month, but for £1.25 a week I'd much prefer Rapidshare.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2007, 04:59:31 am »
You're clearly using the wrong torrent sites.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2007, 06:14:39 am »
Yeah that's probably true. Still, I doubt I'd get the 580kbps I'm getting on Rapidshare.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2007, 07:40:39 am »
Yeah that's probably true. Still, I doubt I'd get the 580kbps I'm getting on Rapidshare.

You can get faster, depending on the site. It's pointless now considering most sites aren't accepting new users but even on my shitty connection I can get up to 400k download speed.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline underscore

• nude corers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:01 pm »
ive downloaded somat and now its seeding, but its taking too long  time remaining is 6 hours. can anyone tell me how i can speed up the seeding if possible? making the internet connetion really slow.
Unfortunately, even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave behind a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time at Welkom, when she looked straight into my eyes and told me 'I love you'.

Valentino Rossi

Offline leighton

• adopter of peasants, spelling mistakes are the iPads fault - obviously.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter @smee05
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2007, 05:29:45 pm »
you can only seed out what your isp limits you to, no ther way.
 i usually set my global upload speeds to around 20, and then after 11pm, set to max (just under 100)
Everton fc, the slogans club. More slogans than trophies - now available in pink.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2007, 05:37:05 pm »
You can get faster, depending on the site. It's pointless now considering most sites aren't accepting new users but even on my shitty connection I can get up to 400k download speed.

SMD

How in holy fuck are your torrents coming down that quickly?

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2007, 06:07:05 pm »
P2P download restrictions.

I'm with BT at the minute and they keep restricting my P2P downloads.

8am - 11pm 12Kbps
outside that 350Kbps

really doing me nut in, who does everyone use that doesnt have this pain in the arse restriction?

thinking about going over to sky as per the thread i set off in here earlier
Monkey monkey do

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2007, 06:14:04 pm »
P2P download restrictions.

I'm with BT at the minute and they keep restricting my P2P downloads.

8am - 11pm 12Kbps
outside that 350Kbps

really doing me nut in, who does everyone use that doesnt have this pain in the arse restriction?

thinking about going over to sky as per the thread i set off in here earlier

don't go to sky for fucks sake...just binned them, shit speeds and pings...was getting 680k from sky, just changed to o2 and getting 2.2meg
Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »
SMD

How in holy fuck are your torrents coming down that quickly?

Lots of seeds or use a private site. It only seems to be good at uni now, my home connection is going to shit for some reason.

Also, make sure you have enough upload bandwidth. That way it can 'report back' to the tracker more often and get more data.

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2007, 07:37:52 pm »
Started using scenehd.org for HDDVD and Bluray stuff. Good speeds and there are lots of free leeches for the ratio!

TvTorrents is good too... building up enough credit to get Miami Vice season 2. Got the entire 7 searies of West Wing off there too!

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #147 on: December 1, 2007, 08:23:02 pm »
Anybody have a TheBox invite going spare? Could really do with one.

Will give any invites I get to RAWK members, and I used to only send Demonoid ones to RAWKites.

I'll even pay!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2007, 08:48:16 pm by Rob Jones Maybe? »

Offline underscore

• nude corers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 2, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »
ive downloaded the porto lfc match and its finished seeding, but when i tried to play, it was very stop start  :butt.  would love to watch this game any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave behind a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time at Welkom, when she looked straight into my eyes and told me 'I love you'.

Valentino Rossi

Offline cj

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 2, 2007, 07:39:23 pm »
Anybody have a TheBox invite going spare? Could really do with one.

Will give any invites I get to RAWK members, and I used to only send Demonoid ones to RAWKites.

I'll even pay!
Your third on my list. Driyo and Garstonite were first but I think I should get 3 invites in 2 weeks time. Just add me on here and remind me when it comes to it.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 2, 2007, 07:46:04 pm »
Rob jones, can I be on your list :D
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #151 on: December 2, 2007, 07:51:51 pm »
Rob jones, can I be on your list :D

Of course.

I tried ripping some stuff myself but 4 hours for one episode of Alan Partridge is having a giraffe. I'm obviously not doing this too well.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 2, 2007, 07:54:47 pm »
Started using scenehd.org for HDDVD and Bluray stuff. Good speeds and there are lots of free leeches for the ratio!

TvTorrents is good too... building up enough credit to get Miami Vice season 2. Got the entire 7 searies of West Wing off there too!

Have ya got any invites for scenehd? I used to be a member, but they pruned my account as i hadn't logged in for ages. I can swap a bit-HDTV invite.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #153 on: December 2, 2007, 08:07:43 pm »
What good Rapidshare link sites are there? Considering buying a months worth if I can find a decent website, my connection can be a bit annoying with torrents.

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 2, 2007, 08:25:43 pm »

Have ya got any invites for scenehd? I used to be a member, but they pruned my account as i hadn't logged in for ages. I can swap a bit-HDTV invite.
Just had a quick look through and there seems to be a 10k user limit - and no invite system I can see... will certainly pass one if if they arise.

The chop old people off all the time though so just try now and again. Just got Superbad is on Free Leech and just got 4gb in 1hr 30 :)

bit-HDTV any good? I'm waiting for an external HD to arrive so pretty tied up at the mo.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2007, 08:27:58 pm by wilo in rome »

Offline underscore

• nude corers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 3, 2007, 01:45:37 pm »
ive downloaded the porto lfc match and its finished seeding, but when i tried to play, it was very stop start  :butt.  would love to watch this game any help would be greatly appreciated.
come on guys, help a girl in distress!

Valentino Rossi

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 3, 2007, 01:48:29 pm »
anyone not getting good speeds on torrents, its one of a few things

1 you are using a shit torrent site
2 your isp is capping torrents
3 your router isnt configured correctly
4 your torrent client isnt configured correctly

all easily fixable
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #157 on: December 3, 2007, 01:50:52 pm »
come on guys, help a girl in distress!

*dons shining armour

What are you playing it with?  A quick shortcut sometimes is to download and install a program called VLC or Videolan. Does really well at playing a multitude of formats plus its free.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 3, 2007, 01:55:11 pm »
anyone not getting good speeds on torrents, its one of a few things

1 you are using a shit torrent site
2 your isp is capping torrents
3 your router isnt configured correctly
4 your torrent client isnt configured correctly

all easily fixable

All except no. 2.

Offline underscore

• nude corers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 3, 2007, 02:29:46 pm »
*dons shining armour

What are you playing it with?  A quick shortcut sometimes is to download and install a program called VLC or Videolan. Does really well at playing a multitude of formats plus its free.
ive had vlc, but downloaded it again. thanks a lot armin, working great :thumbup

Valentino Rossi